Remembering #81

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Re: Remembering #81

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

In response to Army2LT's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think the Pats should wear little 81 patches on thier uniforms or stickers on the helmets.  Usually this tradition is set aside for someone who has past away, but what about the death of a promising NFL career.

I know it may initially be seen as support for Hernandez, but I think we all have to be reminded how dumb he was to throw it all away for no good reason.  We all make mistakes, but this is one that should not be forgotten and all young players should be reminded of.  

No one honors a thug

[/QUOTE]

No one said anything about honor.  

I think the worst thing that can be done in this situation is to forget that it happened.  We learn best and most often by making and observing mistakes that we make and by watching others.  

This is one disaster that should be forever highlighted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Lol, you guys are funny.

Seriously though, this is a great opportunity to teach kids what not to do.  We shouldn't try to hide or forget about this one (as much as we all would like to).  Maybe putting a sticker on the helmet may be going to far, but kids of all ages should learn from this disaster of a mistake and we should all hope it never happens again.

Well I will take a different tack and give your idea some creedence 2LT

no not a helmet sticker which is for tributes but a visual is a lot stronger often times than words or symbols...they showed the rookies at the Rokkie Symposium watching the Hernandez situation on tv including when he was in court as the charges were being read-and the ones they interviewed and the coaches there said it made an impact

it would not be to bad an idea for every NFL team to have a picture of Hernandez in the locker room...maybe also in the gym in the hallways in between-that would be a constant reminder, everyday, every time they pass it

If every MLB locker room posts the rules against gambling and a quote by Bowie Kuhnas to why it is the ultimate sin against the game, if teams from high school to college to the pros can have signs that say things like "Play Like A Champion Today" etc....and photos of all time greats and all that stuff, why can't this be in every NFL locker room? Doesn't need any words or saying or anything other than his picture-I really think that would be appropriate and it would be the strongest reminder to players-especially the rookies coming from the mean streets, etc...-of what can happen even if you have the world in your hands

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Who were the humans before Adam and Eve? Inquisitive minds need to know.

Cain's wife had to come from somewhere . . .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

[QUOTE]

Lol, you guys are funny.

Seriously though, this is a great opportunity to teach kids what not to do.  We shouldn't try to hide or forget about this one (as much as we all would like to).  Maybe putting a sticker on the helmet may be going to far, but kids of all ages should learn from this disaster of a mistake and we should all hope it never happens again.

no not a helmet sticker which is for tributes but a visual is a lot stronger often times than words or symbols...they showed the rookies at the Rokkie Symposium watching the Hernandez situation on tv including when he was in court as the charges were being read-and the ones they interviewed and the coaches there said it made an impact

it would not be to bad an idea for every NFL team to have a picture of Hernandez in the locker room...maybe also in the gym in the hallways in between-that would be a constant reminder, everyday, every time they pass it

If every MLB locker room posts the rules against gambling and a quote by Bowie Kuhnas to why it is the ultimate sin against the game, if teams from high school to college to the pros can have signs that say things like "Play Like A Champion Today" etc....and photos of all time greats and all that stuff, why can't this be in every NFL locker room? Doesn't need any words or saying or anything other than his picture-I really think that would be appropriate and it would be the strongest reminder to players-especially the rookies coming from the mean streets, etc...-of what can happen even if you have the world in your hands

[/QUOTE]

Well said 42.  I agree that the sticker idea was pretty bad.  I really cannot believe what has happened with Hernandez over the past 2 weeks.  

He went from being part of potentially the best 2 TE set of all time to a serial killer thug loser in the span of 2 weeks.  It really is shocking

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Lol, you guys are funny.

Well said 42.  I agree that the sticker idea was pretty bad.  I really cannot believe what has happened with Hernandez over the past 2 weeks.  

He went from being part of potentially the best 2 TE set of all time to a serial killer thug loser in the span of 2 weeks.  It really is shocking

it's bizarre and hard to believe for me so i can imagine it must be like the twilight zone for pats fans...shocking change to adjust to as a fan i am sure

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

[QUOTE]

Lol, you guys are funny.

it's bizarre and hard to believe for me so i can imagine it must be like the twilight zone for pats fans...shocking change to adjust to as a fan i am sure

[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to being reminded of this idiot via every national televized game next year.  Grrrr....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Adam SchefterAdam Schefter @AdamSchefter 3m

One Patriot said it always felt like AH had an angel on one shoulder, a devil on the other, and concern was devil would win out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

One Patriot said it always felt like AH had an angel on one shoulder, a devil on the other, and concern was devil would win out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Remember when he duped us all into thinking he was an OK guy?  Remember when he betrayed the trust of coaches and owner?  Remember when he made a selfish, stupid decision leaving his teammates out to dry?  I don't think they're putting patches on the uni for that.

They could paint the number in the urinals at the stadium. Fitting tribute.

[/QUOTE]

just like the Army did with Jane Fonda

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

#81 jersey burning at foxboro. Forget about the jersey trade-in.  They should do that for Welker's number.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Why am I bothered by people responding to the OP as if he was actually serious.

That rabbit's dynamite!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

All the NFL should do is have Hernandez pict on one side showing a TD celebration and on the other, him in Jail clothes and a saying that says, Stupid Wasted Pathetic - Are you next?

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I remember # 81 very well, thanks!

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Well done, BostonSportsFan111.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well done, BostonSportsFan111.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like his angel was on the wrong shoulder . . . no wonder he was confused 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They could paint the number in the urinals at the stadium. Fitting tribute.

LOL!!!

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought maybe Hernandez had killed Russ Francis, too.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!