Reminder Why Judging Drafts Immediately is Dumb

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Reminder Why Judging Drafts Immediately is Dumb

Remember when McD got run out of Denver and one of the things he was criticized for was his terrible drafts.  Well it's true that his 2009 draft still leaves a lot to be desired (Moreno and Ayers never lived up to their 1st round billing), but his 2010 draft has turned out to be pretty good.  Consider the Broncos added Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Zane Beadles and J.D. Walton. 

Thomas and Beadles are pro bowlers, Decker looks like he could be a pro bowler at some point as well and Walton is a solid starter.  Yeah the Tebow pick was bad and I don't think he was a great coach, but all things considered that was a pretty dam good haul.  It looks like at least one writer in Denver has noticed:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_22463534/mark-kiszla-its-time-thank-josh-mcdaniels-broncos

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Reminder Why Judging Drafts Immediately is Dumb

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Remember when McD got run out of Denver and one of the things he was criticized for was his terrible drafts.  Well it's true that his 2009 draft still leaves a lot to be desired (Moreno and Ayers never lived up to their 1st round billing), but his 2010 draft has turned out to be pretty good.  Consider the Broncos added Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Zane Beadles and J.D. Walton. 

Thomas and Beadles are pro bowlers, Decker looks like he could be a pro bowler at some point as well and Walton is a solid starter.  Yeah the Tebow pick was bad and I don't think he was a great coach, but all things considered that was a pretty dam good haul.  It looks like at least one writer in Denver has noticed:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_22463534/mark-kiszla-its-time-thank-josh-mcdaniels-broncos

drafts and/or (some ) trades take about 3 years to see the actual results

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

^^^^

thank you Mr. Obviou

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Judging drafts immediatly or at least by the second year is crucial.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

^^^^

thank you Mr. Obviou

putt putt putt sputter

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

good post. mcdaniels got the shaft in denver. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

He also fleeced the bejesus out of Jerry Angelo before that draft knowing it was deep. He took him to the cleaners on Cutler for 2 1sts, a 3rd and Orton. Fleece job deluxe.

Tebow was nothing more than a luxury pick.

McDaniels was run out of town by morons, mainly John Elway.  

McDaniels looks like Bobby Beathard as compared to what MIke Shanahan's and his moves as GM.

in over his head and lost the locker room

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:

Let's not forget Rusty's proclamation that first round busts Hightower & Jones would easily replace the production of Carter & Anderson.  How'd that work out?

New England as a team had exactly 3 less sacks over the course of the 16 game season this year.  And their ranking this season (15th) was virtually identical to last season (14th).  You lose once again toolbag.

Of course your credibility is zero considering you keep calling McCourty a bust and say he is going to get cut despite the fact that he's had one bad season out of 3 and is a team captain or that you called Jones a bust despite the fact that he had more sacks in half a season before getting injured than your first round pick Coples.  How about the fact that Hightower is a better LB than anyone on your team except for maybe David Harris (Scott and Pace are garbage and are going to get cut this offseason).  Did you enjoy 6-10 or the Thanksgiving massacre?  Why don't you tell us again how great a GM Mike T was.  Where exactly is he now? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Let's not forget Rusty's proclamation that first round busts Hightower & Jones would easily replace the production of Carter & Anderson.  How'd that work out?

Buttfumble.....ha...ha...ha

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Why would I ever saw a rookie MLB would "easily replace" Andre Carter's great 2011 season?  I never once said anything of the sort. It's so easy to tell when you lie.  You claim I say something I never did, which is 100% of the time. lmao

I think you'll find literally every Pats fan THRILLED with the steady progression of the rookie years of both Jones and Hightower, each with a good future here.

Hightower actually did have more impact than Mark Anderson, since he started.  You're a moron.

Before an ankle sprain, Jones was the runaway choice for DROY. 

How is Coples doing?  Enjoying the random garbage time sack at the end of the game for him? lmao

Who will play LB next to the fading David Harris next year?   ROb Ninkovich would the the best DE on your team tomorrow, and it's not debatable.

Keep trying, Phatty Virgin.

Why would I ever saw a rookie MLB would "easily replace" Andre Carter's great 2011 season?

for the same reason u would say Darelle Revis is "overrated" and MccCourty is better-ur nuts!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Why would I ever saw a rookie MLB would "easily replace" Andre Carter's great 2011 season?  I never once said anything of the sort. It's so easy to tell when you lie.  You claim I say something I never did, which is 100% of the time. lmao

I think you'll find literally every Pats fan THRILLED with the steady progression of the rookie years of both Jones and Hightower, each with a good future here.

Hightower actually did have more impact than Mark Anderson, since he started.  You're a moron.

Before an ankle sprain, Jones was the runaway choice for DROY. 

How is Coples doing?  Enjoying the random garbage time sack at the end of the game for him? lmao

Who will play LB next to the fading David Harris next year?   ROb Ninkovich would the the best DE on your team tomorrow, and it's not debatable.

Keep trying, Phatty Virgin.

Why would I ever saw a rookie MLB would "easily replace" Andre Carter's great 2011 season?

for the same reason u would say Darelle Revis is "overrated" and MccCourty is better-ur nuts!

You lying won't work. I said McCourty's rookie season blows away Revis's. I gave the reasons why as well. His stats are better and he started alongside 3 rookies when BB was rebuilding the D.  Revis meanwhile played with veterans.  McCourtys was more impressive and I saw no signs of McCourty needing double and triple coverage help over the top as WRs go streaking by either.

I also said I would not pay Revis that money and would be happier with McCourty getting the salary he gets and putting the remaining 14 million per year elsewhere. Yes. 

And yes, Revis is overrated.  Sitting out, playing half seasons, blowing out a leg and demanding top dollar every 2 years means he is overrated. His living off this self promotional movement, served up by Woody Johnson has now backfired.

not much of this makes sense if u break it down especially that last paragraph

Sections
Shortcuts