Renting a CB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

Renting a CB?

Did we trade a 4th rounder for a 7th rounder in order to rent a cornerback for the rest of the season?  I hope not, but I haven't seen much comment on this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Renting a CB?

See this thread:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/aqib-talib-pos-/100/6425535

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to sheldong's comment:

Did we trade a 4th rounder for a 7th rounder in order to rent a cornerback for the rest of the season?  I hope not, but I haven't seen much comment on this.

Yes, that is exactly what the Patriots. If he works out (a big if to me), I have absolutely no problem with that.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I think this is a great move. Talib is a legit number one corner. He's tall, quick, has excellent ball skills, and can cover anyone. IMO hes the best corner since Law here. Dennard is looking very good, McCourty played well at safety . Great move, the defense is going to be very good. Barring injury the Patriots win the Super Bowl, that's my opinion anyways.

If Talib works out like he should the Pats will re sign him.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

There isn't a question here. Brilliant move by BB brought on by a desperately terrible secondary.

If BB traded his 7th rounder for another team's first rounder, somebody would complain. People are nuts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Did we trade a 4th rounder for a 7th rounder in order to rent a cornerback for the rest of the season?"

Yep, and it's all good. 

Only losers stockpile picks for the end times. Even BB has realized it.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Neal Page's comment:

Umm, rebuilt his D and O via a stockpiling of picks. You don't see really any overpaid recently signed FAs on this team, do you?

Compare that to the teams who issues with pricier players BEFORE the cap goes up in 2015.

Some of you are clueless. He just took like 3 drafts and built a young team without spending like a drunken sailor in FA (See Mario Williams for the 2012 example).  It's incredible what he's done overall.  To downplay it or mock is utter stupidity if you're a Pats fan.

Duh. His pass defense is making stiffs look like Joe Montana junior. You think that's incredible? Learn the game.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

yes.  That about sums it up.  Doubt Talib will be here after this season. It's not like he's done anything yet - AND the Patriots don't pay.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Why not?  There's a problem...try to fix it

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to krismk's comment:

+1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to krismk's comment:

+2

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Umm, rebuilt his D and O via a stockpiling of picks. You don't see really any overpaid recently signed FAs on this team, do you?

Compare that to the teams who issues with pricier players BEFORE the cap goes up in 2015.

Some of you are clueless. He just took like 3 drafts and built a young team without spending like a drunken sailor in FA (See Mario Williams for the 2012 example).  It's incredible what he's done overall.  To downplay it or mock is utter stupidity if you're a Pats fan.

Duh. His pass defense is making stiffs look like Joe Montana junior. You think that's incredible? Learn the game.

Apparently, there are a lot of "stiffs" on defenses all throughout this league then.

Does every single post of yours have to be wrong junior?

Exactly 2 starting QBs in the entire league are getting more yards per attempt than this D gives up! Hello, McFly, we obviously have more than our share of stiffs on defense. Stop gazing into the eyes of your Alex Smith doll, and learn the game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheSalmon. Show TheSalmon's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

yes.  That about sums it up.  Doubt Talib will be here after this season. It's not like he's done anything yet - AND the Patriots don't pay.

Not true.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Thanks for blessing BB's personnel moves, Frankbomb. I am sure he approves of you approving.

I am sure he does not care... And I do not care if he does, but I am pretty sure these boards for discussing our opinions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sheldong's comment:

if we win a sb, i dotn care if its a rental. if it turns into a keeper and we benefit, great

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Did we trade a 4th rounder for a 7th rounder in order to rent a cornerback for the rest of the season?"

Yep, and it's all good. 

Only losers stockpile picks for the end times. Even BB has realized it.

thank you +1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Thanks for blessing BB's personnel moves, Frankbomb. I am sure he approves of you approving.

I am sure he does not care... And I do not care if he does, but I am pretty sure these boards for discussing our opinions.

save your breath, respond to someone who respects you enough to consider your offerings (ie respects themselves and others).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ....c'mon man...even you should be able to see what has happened here....yes, BB has done a good job overall..but we wouldn't have udfa's and 7th rounders starting on a SB caliber team if he didn't mess up on all those secondary picks drafted in the 1st and 2nd rounds. Those picks are gold, and stockpiling picks is only worthwhile if you hit...yes, it gives you more chances to hit, however, the opposite is probably a better strategy like the one he employed this year..tradimg up for talent that has a higher probability for success, even if you pick less times.

They haven't broke the bank signing other teams fa's. A lot of folks here think maybe they should have ponied up for a stud or two on defense..myself included...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I pulled this out of the archives because I remember sporter81's comment when we first traded for Aquib Talib. Almost like he had a crystal ball!!!

• SPORTER81 (comment above); I think this is a great move. Talib is a legit number one corner. He's tall, quick, has excellent ball skills, and can cover anyone. IMO hes the best corner since Law here. Dennard is looking very good, McCourty played well at safety . Great move, the defense is going to be very good. Barring injury the Patriots win the Super Bowl, that's my opinion anyways.

If Talib works out like he should the Pats will re sign him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

It is also funny to read an old post and see how many times Rock Silly has been banned 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

As it stands, depending on  the Pats free agents they can re-sign, the Pats have to look more at free agency to find players to replace those who left or upgrade some positions, they only have 5 picks in the upcoming draft ( 1 at or near or at the very end of first round, 1 at second, 1 at third and 2 seventh rounders).

Sections
Shortcuts