Replacing Brady.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Re: Replacing Brady.

In response to portfolio1's comment:

The Patriots next QB will not be like TB. He will have different strengths and weaknesses. He will likely not be in the same class as TB as there are only a handful in the past 80 years.

What we should hope for is a good QB who is very clutch and fits nicely into the makeup of the team. Hopefully he will have some special strengths that make him a game changer. It could be that he makes plays with his feet while not giving up the ball... or he is deadly going deep... or ... whatever.

But he wont be TB.  

We hope he will be a top 10 QB with a bit extra something. But the rest of the team will need to be better in order to be as competative as this team with TB.

The funny thing is...if you brought in the original TB to replace the current TB, many here would complain that he would never be able to adequately fill the current TB's shoes.  But, the funniest thing is...it's the original TB who had the most post-season success.  As I said earlier, I don't believe BB will have as much trouble finding an adequate replacement as so many people here seem to think.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:

In response to portfolio1's comment:

The Patriots next QB will not be like TB. He will have different strengths and weaknesses. He will likely not be in the same class as TB as there are only a handful in the past 80 years.

What we should hope for is a good QB who is very clutch and fits nicely into the makeup of the team. Hopefully he will have some special strengths that make him a game changer. It could be that he makes plays with his feet while not giving up the ball... or he is deadly going deep... or ... whatever.

But he wont be TB.  

We hope he will be a top 10 QB with a bit extra something. But the rest of the team will need to be better in order to be as competative as this team with TB.

The funny thing is...if you brought in the original TB to replace the current TB, many here would complain that he would never be able to adequately fill the current TB's shoes.  But, the funniest thing is...it's the original TB who had the most post-season success.  As I said earlier, I don't believe BB will have as much trouble finding an adequate replacement as so many people here seem to think.

Respectfully disagree with you p, IMO We will have a lot more mistakes from the Qb position, I know everyone talks about casel , but that was an 22 team he inherited. I thought he did well. Was coached well, .

, how many Qbs could have done what TB find last year? Even with his stats down , many were saying it was one of BBs and TBS best jobs. IMO we dont make the playoffs without T.b. I

Sometimes I'm an optimist, like the beginning of last season, and then not so much, With all of the close games, until indie, they were all close, we could have had dome miserable losses. 

I just really  don't know how good we are, especially on the oline. very intriguing season coming up

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Good to see our village idiot is keeping up with his tradition of bashing a quarterback that is roundly praised by everyone in the NFL...united states...and planet earth. Meanwhile he continues to praise guys like Patrick Chung and pretend he didn't talk down Revis as a player...laughable. Is there anyone dumber on the entire internet? Nope...not even close.

Brady has sucked in title games and is 0-2 in his last 2 SBs mainly because his execution was completley uneven in those SBs, not scoring enough points leading our offense. This would be the equivalent of praising Montana with SF in 1993, 1994 and 1995 and watching him awkwardly fade losing SBs and playoff games left and right, calling him great still, acting like it was 1988.

Wake up.

It's now 2014. Welcome to the next decade, HUrlie.  Real fans don't care what Brady has already accomplished.  We care about what he is doing in the present.

Also, you're wrong about non Pats fans not noticing this. It's been noticed and being noticed all over.

You have no friends and live in a bubble in NH, so you have ZERO clue about this.

Say hey, why not drive through Vermont and into NY and strike up a conversation with a non Pats fan and see what they say about Brady now.

LMAO

Flippin' moron.

Well troll queen, it appears the only legacy being questioned is your boyfriends.

Defensive genius?  Ha!  Only when he had talent and even then they tried hard to give away the SB's they won.

So, what has bb won for us lately?  NADA!  His defensive ineptitude (when it matters most) and his inability to replace the talent he once possessed, assured us of that.

If anyone is living on his past accomplishments, it's him, but the truth is, it never was him.

Here's what's becoming more and more obvious to people in and out of NE.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/bill-belichicks-legacy-needs-hug/6553/

"To put it most simply, nobody was calling a Belichick a "genius" when his quarterbacks were Vinny Testaverde and Drew Bledsoe."  

But partnered with Brady, Belichick might have become the first coach in history to garner five Super Bowl rings in a mere seven seasons. But his defenses have stood in the way of history.   Actually, that's not true. Belichick's defenses have not stood in the way of anything, especially in the most critical moments of the biggest games of the year.   But despite all the wounds suffered over the past two seasons, there is still time for the Belichick legacy to heal itself. And it starts with a victory in Super Bowl XLIII.

By Kerry J. Byrne  COLD HARD FOOTBALL FACTS,  The truth hurts

Well, we all know what happened there.

All your TB bashing in the world is not going to change history and save your lover.

Only he can do that!
      Or can he?

Let's just say, I have my doubts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Good to see our village idiot is keeping up with his tradition of bashing a quarterback that is roundly praised by everyone in the NFL...united states...and planet earth. Meanwhile he continues to praise guys like Patrick Chung and pretend he didn't talk down Revis as a player...laughable. Is there anyone dumber on the entire internet? Nope...not even close.

Possibly glenr. Though there are no worse liars than Rusty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

It won't be as easy as some think, (despite the unparralelled brilliance of BB the GM).

According to Bill O'Brien: “The one thing for us in Houston, especially like myself and (quarterback coach) George Godsey, we have to guard against looking for the next Tom Brady,”€ he said. “Those guys are few and far between. You think about how many Hall of Fame quarterbacks there are, and he’€™s going to be one, there just aren’€™t that many of them in the whole spectrum of quarterbacks in the history of this league, as you know. I think what we’€™re looking for is a guy that has some of Tom’€™s qualities: like a great teammate, an accountable guy, a hard-working guy, a competitive guy, a good leader. But to go out there and say, ‘€˜This guy is going to be like Tom Brady.’€™ I mean, that’€™s ridiculous.”

Hey, maybe we could get Rusty's hero Alex Smith.

bb will find the guy to manage the team and maybe even another star  qb. the defense is becoming the strength of the team and people forget that they won eleven games with cassel. bb will keep the patriots in the hunt. 

Every winning team beat Cassel and BB in 2008 (except the clinched Cards).

Homers don't forget 2008. They cling to it like a drowning man to a life preserver in any BB conversation. You people that desperately hold on to the 2008 thing are in for an extremely rude awakening.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Say hey, why not drive through Vermont and into NY and strike up a conversation with a non Pats fan and see what they say about Brady now.

Most non Pats fans say BB will wither once Brady is gone, you imbecile.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Of course it won't be easy, but Walsh did it or at least made it look easy with Young.

It can be done and no coach or GM has a better chance to supplant a HOF QB more than BB in this league. I am sure he will be up to that challenge, and it's probably the main thing that will keep him around past Brady's tenure here.

If Brady continues to look distant in Januarys, I will be looking forward to his replacement.

The pain of watching him waste opportunities and the team wondering just who took Brady away, has been just beyond disappointing at this point. It was bad enough in 2007.

IMO BB & Brady are leaving together... Just go out together. McDaniels will take over 

Nope.

BB aint' going anywhere. It's in his blood.  Brady, meanwhile is more interested in hairstyling and playing dress up while dancing terribly in Brazil.

It's been mortifying in recent years at times, dude.  It's ok to admit it.

Bostonians do not like their athletes to be so California or whatever this is.

Face it, Brady changed in 2007 and it's been all downhill since.  Pats fans who live outside NE, have to fend off the jokes and whatnot.  It's brutal.

Bostonians love TB.  Apparently, carolina trolls don't.  Pure jealousy.

I am jealous that Pats fans walk out of a sports bar after Brady throws 3 or 4 INTs or throws games away with the jubilation from other fans being heard for miles away?

You're a moron.

Leave the NE area for 1 millisecond, dummy, walk into a sports bar and ask what people think of Brady in the postseason the last 7 or so years and don't walk away if you don't like what you hear. Sit and listen.

He's old news and it's all his doing.

His selfish, selfish me-me-me attitude to chase Manning's stats to get the media talking about Brady in the same breath as Manning, statistcally, at the cost of SBs to this franchise.

Chasing Manning? You're a moron.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Of course it won't be easy, but Walsh did it or at least made it look easy with Young.

It can be done and no coach or GM has a better chance to supplant a HOF QB more than BB in this league. I am sure he will be up to that challenge, and it's probably the main thing that will keep him around past Brady's tenure here.

If Brady continues to look distant in Januarys, I will be looking forward to his replacement.

The pain of watching him waste opportunities and the team wondering just who took Brady away, has been just beyond disappointing at this point. It was bad enough in 2007.

IMO BB & Brady are leaving together... Just go out together. McDaniels will take over 

Nope.

BB aint' going anywhere. It's in his blood.  Brady, meanwhile is more interested in hairstyling and playing dress up while dancing terribly in Brazil.

It's been mortifying in recent years at times, dude.  It's ok to admit it.

Bostonians do not like their athletes to be so California or whatever this is.

Face it, Brady changed in 2007 and it's been all downhill since.  Pats fans who live outside NE, have to fend off the jokes and whatnot.  It's brutal.

Bostonians love TB.  Apparently, carolina trolls don't.  Pure jealousy.

I am jealous that Pats fans walk out of a sports bar after Brady throws 3 or 4 INTs or throws games away with the jubilation from other fans being heard for miles away?

You're a moron.

Leave the NE area for 1 millisecond, dummy, walk into a sports bar and ask what people think of Brady in the postseason the last 7 or so years and don't walk away if you don't like what you hear. Sit and listen.

He's old news and it's all his doing.

His selfish, selfish me-me-me attitude to chase Manning's stats to get the media talking about Brady in the same breath as Manning, statistcally, at the cost of SBs to this franchise.

Chasing Manning? You're a moron.

He is that, and a liar.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Getting back to the original topic, I don't really think that you can replace a Tom Brady.  It's a pretty safe bet that this successor will be nowhere near as competent.  He may be as focused on winning and as committed but the combination of skills, character traits and ba11s that TB brings to the game is rare indeed.  We're looking at 3-4 years from now and a lot can change in that time.  As so many others have posted how the successfull the team will be then will be principally dependent on the makeup of the rest of the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I think there are many fans who just worry too much about this.  Get us a guy who is a good game manager and who has a head for the game and the team will be fine.  The fact is, he doesn't have to be the next TB, to be successful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

The thing that pissses me off most about Rusty and the Brady rants is him saying the "ego" shhit.

Really? Seriously? Tom Brady has an ego?

He is all about winning, that's it. You never hear anyone else say he has an ego. no one. Yeah, he does need to play better in big games, I agree but so does his blocking and defense.

We haven't won a SuperBowl in 10 years not because Tom Brady has an ego, but because the team didn't make timely plays/stops when they were needed and didn't do enough to win. no damn ego involved.

He then claims Brady was the one who wanted to go gun in 2007 becuase of his ego when his coach gave him the personnel for that shotgun offense. it was BB's ego to want to run it up on everyone how bout that? Maybe BB has the ego. See how stupid that sounds?

Tom Brady doesnt have an ego shown by the 14M he's making this year and the 9M AAV over the next three he'll make, which is lower than a ton of shhit QBs... Brady took a paycut to make BB's the GM job easier to help get us to the title.

Stop with the ego bullshhit. its more annoying than anything imo. Brady has been subpar in playoff games, but so has the Oline and Defense too. Its not his damn "ego"

Congrats, sounds like you figured out just how delusional Napoleon is. I'm tellin ya, Brady must have laid pipe on Napoleon's mom.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Getting back to the original topic, I don't really think that you can replace a Tom Brady.  It's a pretty safe bet that this successor will be nowhere near as competent.  He may be as focused on winning and as committed but the combination of skills, character traits and ba11s that TB brings to the game is rare indeed.  We're looking at 3-4 years from now and a lot can change in that time.  As so many others have posted how the successfull the team will be then will be principally dependent on the makeup of the rest of the team.

+1.

Brady is a lock to the HOF, and is in the conversation for GOAT. That is not replaced easily, if at all. The cast around that future QB in a few years will determine how big the drop off becomes.

I'll give my 2 cents to the ongoing feud between the Brady bashers and BB bashers. I don't think neither brady nor the defense have played well in recent post-season losses. From the relatively few points by the offense to the heartbraking non-stops in the SB's. It is what it is. In SB42 I think the team collectively laid an egg. In SB46 I don't think they had a superior team, with Gronk obviously hurt and the defense also missing key contributors, like pro-bowler Andre Carter.

What I think most posters here get upset about when Rusty comments on Brady, is not so much the lack of great games in the post-season, but the speculation that Brady should be selfish, making it about him, changing plays to pass more, not being about the team winning etc.

And from my point, that IS just speculation. That may be Rustys interpretation, I think he is mostly alone with that analysis. Show me a QB who never makes mistakes, and I'll show you a QB who holds a clipboard. Could he, or should he have made more plays in recent post-season losses? Maybe. Does the fact the those plays weren't made make Brady into some egomaniac? No, I don't see the connection.

Brady knows that his legacy is established as it is, and that he has a chance to go down as the GOAT. To establish himself firmly as that, he doesn't need more personal stats, he needs another ring. He knows that, everybody knows that. In that regard there isn't a discrepancy between what Brady wants and what the team wants. To get to The Promised Land, no matter how they get there.

As for the other side, the ones who claim BB is a poor GM, who is at fault for not having an all-pro roster every single year, I just don't get it. Yes, some poor choices have been made in drafts and in FA. Some of you have even voiced your concerns at the time of the signing/drafting. Congratulations.

But, here is what you never seem to recognize. It's a team sport, and no matter how great any single player is, or how great the coach is, you still need talent on both sides of the ball. The Pats are serious contenders to the SB, not merely to get to the playoffs but the SB, every year. Last year the team would have been in the SB if not for all the injuries, and even playing with a cast of backups and rookies made it to the AFCCG. They have legitimate starters in most positions, and capable backups overall. That is a great achievement.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to DanishPastry's comment:

+1.

Brady is a lock to the HOF, and is in the conversation for GOAT. That is not replaced easily, if at all. The cast around that future QB in a few years will determine how big the drop off becomes.

I'll give my 2 cents to the ongoing feud between the Brady bashers and BB bashers. I don't think neither brady nor the defense have played well in recent post-season losses. From the relatively few points by the offense to the heartbraking non-stops in the SB's. It is what it is. In SB42 I think the team collectively laid an egg. In SB46 I don't think they had a superior team, with Gronk obviously hurt and the defense also missing key contributors, like pro-bowler Andre Carter.

What I think most posters here get upset about when Rusty comments on Brady, is not so much the lack of great games in the post-season, but the speculation that Brady should be selfish, making it about him, changing plays to pass more, not being about the team winning etc.

And from my point, that IS just speculation. That may be Rustys interpretation, I think he is mostly alone with that analysis. Show me a QB who never makes mistakes, and I'll show you a QB who holds a clipboard. Could he, or should he have made more plays in recent post-season losses? Maybe. Does the fact the those plays weren't made make Brady into some egomaniac? No, I don't see the connection.

Brady knows that his legacy is established as it is, and that he has a chance to go down as the GOAT. To establish himself firmly as that, he doesn't need more personal stats, he needs another ring. He knows that, everybody knows that. In that regard there isn't a discrepancy between what Brady wants and what the team wants. To get to The Promised Land, no matter how they get there.

As for the other side, the ones who claim BB is a poor GM, who is at fault for not having an all-pro roster every single year, I just don't get it. Yes, some poor choices have been made in drafts and in FA. Some of you have even voiced your concerns at the time of the signing/drafting. Congratulations.

But, here is what you never seem to recognize. It's a team sport, and no matter how great any single player is, or how great the coach is, you still need talent on both sides of the ball. The Pats are serious contenders to the SB, not merely to get to the playoffs but the SB, every year. Last year the team would have been in the SB if not for all the injuries, and even playing with a cast of backups and rookies made it to the AFCCG. They have legitimate starters in most positions, and capable backups overall. That is a great achievement.

Nicely said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

As for the other side, the ones who claim BB is a poor GM,

If I am to be considered on "the other side", it must be noted, yet again, that I have never said BB is a poor GM. Mediocrity. That is what I accuse him of as a GM.

That turns into - I hate BB and call him a poor GM. And that happens because anything other than idol worship in regard to him is viewed as trashing him to the homers.

Mediocre GMs create mediocrity. Brady lifts the mediocrity. When Brady goes, you're left with mediocrity.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

As so many others have posted how the successfull the team will be then will be principally dependent on the makeup of the rest of the team.

Yes. And at the moment, the rest of the team isn't going to be contending for SBs. So the team building performance needs to step up if there is to be excellence post Brady.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

If I am to be considered on "the other side", it must be noted, yet again, that I have never said BB is a poor GM. Mediocrity. That is what I accuse him of as a GM.

That turns into - I hate BB and call him a poor GM. And that happens because anything other than idol worship in regard to him is viewed as trashing him to the homers.

Mediocre GMs create mediocrity. Brady lifts the mediocrity. When Brady goes, you're left with mediocrity.

I am sorry if you feel I placed you in a box you don't belong in. I wasn't specifically targeting you, but I'll admit that thinking about it now I would place you in that group.

I considered the wording there, poor/average/mediocre. My thinking was that there isn't much of a difference in how those words are being used around here, so it was kind of a tomato-tomAHto situation in my mind.

I would still argue that you cannot be a consistent SB contender for more than a decade with only a great coach and a great QB. There needs to be (a lot) more talent on the roster than that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I considered the wording there, poor/average/mediocre. My thinking was that there isn't much of a difference in how those words are being used around here, so it was kind of a tomato-tomAHto situation in my mind.

I agree that too many people automatically assign the second and more rare meaning of mediocre to the claim. I use it in its more typical fashion - "average or ordinary in quality".

An 8-8 team in the NFL is mediocre. An 84 passer rating is mediocre. 4.2 yards a carry rushing is mediocre.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I would still argue that you cannot be a consistent SB contender for more than a decade with only a great coach and a great QB. There needs to be (a lot) more talent on the roster than that.

So, you think if we didn't have Brady and instead had Mike Glennon, Ryan Fitzpatrick or Carson Palmer, we would be a SB contender because of the great talent on the rest of the team?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

So, you think if we didn't have Brady and instead had Mike Glennon, Ryan Fitzpatrick or Carson Palmer, we would be a SB contender because of the great talent on the rest of the team?

No, but I think that they would consistently be better than 8-8. Of course there is a drop off, of course. But I think there is talent enough to be a playoff contender.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Depending upon the team surrounding the QB, you may not need another TB as replacement; QBs like Kaepernick, Russell, Rothlisberger can also get you to the promised land!

Boston, the City of Champions

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

The Patriots will never be able to replace Brady.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Brady has sucked in title games and is 0-2 in his last 2 SBs mainly because his execution was completley uneven in those SBs, not scoring enough points leading our offense. This would be the equivalent of praising Montana with SF in 1993, 1994 and 1995 and watching him awkwardly fade losing SBs and playoff games left and right, calling him great still, acting like it was 1988.

Wake up.

It's now 2014. Welcome to the next decade, HUrlie.  Real fans don't care what Brady has already accomplished.  We care about what he is doing in the present.

Also, you're wrong about non Pats fans not noticing this. It's been noticed and being noticed all over.

You have no friends and live in a bubble in NH, so you have ZERO clue about this.

LMAO

Flippin' moron.

The above quote says it all. I beg to differ.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I agree that too many people automatically assign the second and more rare meaning of mediocre to the claim. I use it in its more typical fashion - "average or ordinary in quality".

An 8-8 team in the NFL is mediocre. An 84 passer rating is mediocre. 4.2 yards a carry rushing is mediocre.

4.2 ypc is not mediocre, moron.  Anything 4+ is above the average and shows consistency.  You know little about the game.

Hey imbecile, the NFL average rushing y/a in 2013 was 4.2.

Care to elaborate on what a moron you are? We all love to see you make a fool of yourself! LMAO@U Learn the game, dumbkoff!

Sections
Shortcuts