1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Replacing Brady.

In response to DanishPastry's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would still argue that you cannot be a consistent SB contender for more than a decade with only a great coach and a great QB. There needs to be (a lot) more talent on the roster than that.

[/QUOTE]

So, you think if we didn't have Brady and instead had Mike Glennon, Ryan Fitzpatrick or Carson Palmer, we would be a SB contender because of the great talent on the rest of the team?

[/QUOTE]

No, but I think that they would consistently be better than 8-8. Of course there is a drop off, of course. But I think there is talent enough to be a playoff contender.

[/QUOTE]

So, you are revising your original statement? Fair enough.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would still argue that you cannot be a consistent SB contender for more than a decade with only a great coach and a great QB. There needs to be (a lot) more talent on the roster than that.

[/QUOTE]

So, you think if we didn't have Brady and instead had Mike Glennon, Ryan Fitzpatrick or Carson Palmer, we would be a SB contender because of the great talent on the rest of the team?

[/QUOTE]

No, but I think that they would consistently be better than 8-8. Of course there is a drop off, of course. But I think there is talent enough to be a playoff contender.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Consistently better than 8-8 is just north of jetslandia. No thanks. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think there are many fans who just worry too much about this.  Get us a guy who is a good game manager and who has a head for the game and the team will be fine.  The fact is, he doesn't have to be the next TB, to be successful.

[/QUOTE]

That is very true. See the last 9 SB winners. However, if this is the case, you better support that game manager with a good run game, OL and top defense. case in point Russell Wilson. Eli to a degree Although he hit a dart in the last SB, his defense clearly won the first one. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think there are many fans who just worry too much about this.  Get us a guy who is a good game manager and who has a head for the game and the team will be fine.  The fact is, he doesn't have to be the next TB, to be successful.

[/QUOTE]

That is very true. See the last 9 SB winners. However, if this is the case, you better support that game manager with a good run game, OL and top defense. case in point Russell Wilson. Eli to a degree Although he hit a dart in the last SB, his defense clearly won the first one. 

[/QUOTE]

If we had "a good run game, OL and top defense" that would be nice; but we don't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If we had "a good run game, OL and top defense" that would be nice; but we don't.

[/QUOTE]

We are getting close babe. Yes, its taken longer than any of us wanted, but if, if our d, OL and rb's can stay healthy, this will be a very good team. And, we have a much better than game managing QB in Brady. He is a game changing QB. Yes, we have had our fair share of busted draft picks and FAs, but the team now is ready. It all comes down to health. That is the only element holding us back. This team full throttle will be nasty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I agree that too many people automatically assign the second and more rare meaning of mediocre to the claim. I use it in its more typical fashion - "average or ordinary in quality".

An 8-8 team in the NFL is mediocre. An 84 passer rating is mediocre. 4.2 yards a carry rushing is mediocre.

[/QUOTE]

4.2 ypc is not mediocre, moron.  Anything 4+ is above the average and shows consistency.  You know little about the game.

[/QUOTE]

Hey imbecile, the NFL average rushing y/a in 2013 was 4.2.

Care to elaborate on what a moron you are? We all love to see you make a fool of yourself! LMAO@U Learn the game, dumbkoff!

[/QUOTE]

He also needs to learn what averages are in general.  They don't mean consistency.

For example:  take out Blounts few long runs and his average drops considerably. (probably more than a ypc. His long runs don't mean he is consistent or that he is consistently going to run for 5.1 a carry.  It means a minute % of his runs were high and possibly a high % of his runs were lower than average.

If you want to predict consistency you have to look at the percentages of +4 yard gains as apposed to 4 yards or less.

Also, by his made up standards, he is saying that Danny Woodhead is an elite RB..

The same guy he bashed for years.

Biggest phoney alive.

Oh, and shame on bb for letting him go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Plenty going on in Dallas.

SB's, final 4's, outdoor concerts galore, jobs, opportunity, museums, art, multiple sports teams...  Golf, car and horse racing.  PLENTY TO DO!  You know NOTHING, as usual.

[/QUOTE]

He had a ton of garbage to say about South Florida as well.  But, then again, he lives in North Carolina.  What on Earth is in North Carolina other than "South of the Border" billboards?  (You never sausage a place!)

You're in Dallas.  I'm outside of Miami.  Our locations suck because there are strip malls around. 

[/QUOTE]

NC is pig farming heaven....the Trombone has obviously been spending too much time drinking the water from the pig pen run-off

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Some "experts" are saying several teams have their eye on Savage as the perfect kid to develop in 2 years or so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some "experts" are saying several teams have their eye on Savage as the perfect kid to develop in 2 years or so.

[/QUOTE]

The problem with developing is that by the time the guy is good, you have to pay good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Patriots will never be able to replace Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Don't need to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't see that I am. With Brady they are SB contenders, without him they are playoff contenders. That is still above average - or poor for that matter - in my book.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We are getting close babe. Yes, its taken longer than any of us wanted, but if, if our d, OL and rb's can stay healthy, this will be a very good team. And, we have a much better than game managing QB in Brady. He is a game changing QB. Yes, we have had our fair share of busted draft picks and FAs, but the team now is ready. It all comes down to health. That is the only element holding us back. This team full throttle will be nasty.

[/QUOTE]

I think you are absolutely right.  I think it could have happened this past season if not for so many injuries.  The defense got off to a great start before they started losing players.  If Gronkowski had not been lost, the offense could have been in very good shape going into the playoffs.  I think many people fail to consider just how slim a margin it is between a Super Bowl winning season and a season like last year.  I'm with you...this team at 90-100% would be something to be feared.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I wouldn't want to be the first QB after Brady, almost better to have a vet step in. A young kid may crack under "he's Tom Brady's replacement"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

The key for me is that with Hightower, Collins, Mayo, McCourty, Jones, Ryan,  Dennard and whatever player the Pats draft this year, BB has managed to replace the essence of the 2007 defense. Oh and he still made the SB in 2011 and the Pats are regarded as a championship contenders every year.

Brady is a once in every 10-15 years type QB. Just doesn't happen often. Does anyone realistically believe that any QB in this years draft class will exceed Brady in career accomplishments? Will Luck or Newton.....i doubt it. You can nitpick about what Brady can and cannot do, but it will be very difficult for anyone to replicate his success. Think about it.....you complain when he doesn;t win the Super Bowl (see Fran Tarkenton and others). Brady will obviously be very difficult to replace and it might mean the Pats go through 2 or 3 QBs before finding his replacement or even a reasonably good QB worthy of the franchise QB designation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The key for me is that with Hightower, Collins, Mayo, McCourty, Jones, Ryan,  Dennard and whatever player the Pats draft this year, BB has managed to replace the essence of the 2007 defense. Oh and he still made the SB in 2011 and the Pats are regarded as a championship contenders every year.

Brady is a once in every 10-15 years type QB. Just doesn't happen often. Does anyone realistically believe that any QB in this years draft class will exceed Brady in career accomplishments? Will Luck or Newton.....i doubt it. You can nitpick about what Brady can and cannot do, but it will be very difficult for anyone to replicate his success. Think about it.....you complain when he doesn;t win the Super Bowl (see Fran Tarkenton and others). Brady will obviously be very difficult to replace and it might mean the Pats go through 2 or 3 QBs before finding his replacement or even a reasonably good QB worthy of the franchise QB designation.

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it will probably go something like this...we will lose...get a high pick in the draft and spend it on a QB. We will need a veteran to help ease the pressure of being a QB for the young kid...our record will be somewhere around 500...the kid will start the following year. As a first year starter he will struggle, but every completion will be applauded by fans and media types (they always do that for high drafted QB's)...we will go 500 again. His second year will show some improvement and we may end up 9-7/10-6, but the real truth will be that third year...will he regress? Will he go the way of so many other quarterbacks and be exposed? That's the year where we usually find out that the guy can't throw the out pass with accuracy, or locks onto one receiver, or can't take a hit, or is injury prone, or can't look off a safety, or can't bounce back from losses and media pressure, etc. Those are things we never had to see or experience with Tom Brady.

I remember when Bledsoe was growing as a quarterback - there were weeks where he couldn't hit a simple check down to his fullback, never mind save the game for you. I remember those times...Turner would be wide open in the flat and Drew would throw the ball 10 feet above his head...or a wide open Brisby would be waving his hands back and forth over the middle while Bledsoe would be locked in on Coates in tripple coverage, before he would throw the pick 6. Those are the things we never saw from Brady, it's why we are lucky (and spoiled). This guy never had a bad stretch, he never did that one thing where the entire league said...this guy can't do this, all you have to do is that. Bledsoe had those problems and so does just about everyone else - Bledsoe couldn't move his feet - as soon as the pass rush got him moving and he had to go to his second option...it was all over. If you didn't pressure and his first option was open, the guy couldn't be stopped, the problem is football isn't like that.

Brady is a special player. A once in a lifetime talent that won't be replaced easily...in fact it may take years to replace him and what he does.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't see that I am. With Brady they are SB contenders, without him they are playoff contenders. That is still above average - or poor for that matter - in my book.

[/QUOTE]

Got it.

Let's hope we do better at playoff contending after Brady than we have at SB contending over the last 9 years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Got it.

Let's hope we do better at playoff contending after Brady than we have at SB contending over the last 9 years.

[/QUOTE]

Is that sarcasm? Sometimes it's hard to tell in writing. I assume it is...

Twice they have been to the SB, and twice more they have made it to the final 4, and save 2008 they have made it to the playoffs. We all want another ring for the team, no doubt about. But when you make it to the final four you are in the top 12,5 percentile, that is elite. From that to actually winning the championship it is more about health, homefield-advantage, gameplanning, execution, and plain dumb luck, than about the talent on the roster. Because the talent has to be there to get that far. And that goes for pretty much any team that makes it to the final 4.

In a league were the rules are constructed to create parity, sustaining a top 4 team is difficult. And I agree that it is not possible without Brady. But look at the other teams with great QB's (Manning, Rodgers, Brees) and they are not nearly as consistent as the Patriots. Which tells me that there IS talent on the team. You need a great QB to have a great team, but it is not enough in itself.

I'm sorry you feel something obvious should and could have been done to guarantee a SB ring. In my view that is not possible. You can build the best team to ever play, and there still won't be any guarantees. For me as a fan, I'm very gratefull that we DO have the best QB, DO have the best coach, and DO have a team good enough to compete for a championship every year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Twice they have been to the SB, and twice more they have made it to the final 4, and save 2008 they have made it to the playoffs. We all want another ring for the team, no doubt about. But when you make it to the final four you are in the top 12,5 percentile, that is elite. From that to actually winning the championship it is more about health, homefield-advantage, gameplanning, execution, and plain dumb luck, than about the talent on the roster. Because the talent has to be there to get that far. And that goes for pretty much any team that makes it to the final 4.

In a league were the rules are constructed to create parity, sustaining a top 4 team is difficult. And I agree that it is not possible without Brady. But look at the other teams with great QB's (Manning, Rodgers, Brees) and they are not nearly as consistent as the Patriots. Which tells me that there IS talent on the team. You need a great QB to have a great team, but it is not enough in itself.

I'm sorry you feel something obvious should and could have been done to guarantee a SB ring. In my view that is not possible. You can build the best team to ever play, and there still won't be any guarantees. For me as a fan, I'm very gratefull that we DO have the best QB, DO have the best coach, and DO have a team good enough to compete for a championship every year.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with everthing you said, except for one thing.  While I absolutely admire TB for all of the wonderful things he has done for this team, I do not believe that it could not have been achieved without him.  The fact is, the Patriots made it to two Super Bowls without him.  In fact, when you think about it, he wasn't even the one who ultimately got us to that first Super Bowl in the first place.  That was DB.  TB was struggling against Pittsburgh when he got injured and had to come out of the game.  It was DB who threw the winning touchdown.

It's a team game, as you very eloquently pointed out.  No one player is irreplaceable...not even TB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Got it.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the long string of epic fails is something every fan hopes for. (<--- that's sarcasm)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcboyd22. Show mcboyd22's posts

Wow, you couldn't be more incorrect - all I will say, is you have no idea!

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Of course it won't be easy, but Walsh did it or at least made it look easy with Young.

It can be done and no coach or GM has a better chance to supplant a HOF QB more than BB in this league. I am sure he will be up to that challenge, and it's probably the main thing that will keep him around past Brady's tenure here.

If Brady continues to look distant in Januarys, I will be looking forward to his replacement.

The pain of watching him waste opportunities and the team wondering just who took Brady away, has been just beyond disappointing at this point. It was bad enough in 2007.

[/QUOTE]

IMO BB & Brady are leaving together... Just go out together. McDaniels will take over 

[/QUOTE]

Nope.

BB aint' going anywhere. It's in his blood.  Brady, meanwhile is more interested in hairstyling and playing dress up while dancing terribly in Brazil.

It's been mortifying in recent years at times, dude.  It's ok to admit it.

Bostonians do not like their athletes to be so California or whatever this is.

Face it, Brady changed in 2007 and it's been all downhill since.  Pats fans who live outside NE, have to fend off the jokes and whatnot.  It's brutal.

[/QUOTE]

Bostonians love TB.  Apparently, carolina trolls don't.  Pure jealousy.

[/QUOTE]

I am jealous that Pats fans walk out of a sports bar after Brady throws 3 or 4 INTs or throws games away with the jubilation from other fans being heard for miles away?

You're a moron.

Leave the NE area for 1 millisecond, dummy, walk into a sports bar and ask what people think of Brady in the postseason the last 7 or so years and don't walk away if you don't like what you hear. Sit and listen.

He's old news and it's all his doing.

His selfish, selfish me-me-me attitude to chase Manning's stats to get the media talking about Brady in the same breath as Manning, statistcally, at the cost of SBs to this franchise.

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DanishPastry. Show DanishPastry's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Got it.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the long string of epic fails is something every fan hopes for. (<--- that's sarcasm)

[/QUOTE]

Heartbraking, sure. Epic fails, no. 

Funny on the sarcasm-part.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Maybe we can draft Jim Plunkett in a few years! Not all world but a 2 time SB winner...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Got it.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heartbraking, sure. Epic fails, no. 

Funny on the sarcasm-part.

[/QUOTE]

The homer calls epic fails, heartbreaking losses. The honest person calls them epic fails, even if they were heartbreaking.

Sections
Shortcuts