Replacing Brady.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Replacing Brady.

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What the pats will do is bolster the D and the running game.  Get a game manager, like the one we had right after the Moe Lewis incident. Let the running game help with a little play action and try not to lose the game. The D will give the O a couple more opportunities a game to win it.  That's the blueprint I'd use till we hit on a QB.  

[/QUOTE]

Thats the blueprint I would use even after the Pats hit on a QB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

the Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill area is a fantastic place to live, true.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Here's the basic thing with replacing Brady. When you have a QB who is arguably the greatest of all-time then a couple things flow from that.

The first is that finding a QB who is better or even as good is near impossible.

However, the second is that if Brady is greatest ever, it means every other team that has won a SB has done it with a QB not as good as Brady.

Will it be easy to win a SB without a QB as good as Brady? Of course not.

Will it be possible?...sure...it happens virtually every season...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to stegall85's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's the basic thing with replacing Brady. When you have a QB who is arguably the greatest of all-time then a couple things flow from that.

The first is that finding a QB who is better or even as good is near impossible.

However, the second is that if Brady is greatest ever, it means every other team that has won a SB has done it with a QB not as good as Brady.

[/QUOTE]

Well, the mighty BB hasn't managed to win a SB with Brady for 9 straight years. What are the chances he will without him?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, the mighty BB hasn't managed to win a SB with Brady for 9 straight years. What are the chances he will without him?

[/QUOTE]

I understand your confidence level in BB as GM isn't very high, and yes it's frustrating to get close and not win but we all know they've been very close, arguably two plays away from having two more.

And in the grand scheme of things 9 years isn't very long. The bar for the Pats has been set very high, considering some teams have never even played in a SB much less using no SB wins in 9 years as a standard to draw conclusions from.

I think BB's chances of winning a SB with or without Brady will remain higher than the chances for most other teams. If there were guarantees though then what would be the point of cheering for any team? Plus, we don't actually know if it will be BB who is doing the replacing.

Brady imo is the greatest of all time give or take Montana so replacing him as an individual will be impossible but that doesn't mean the team won't still succeed.

I may be in the minority but I also think TB has plenty left in the tank.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Of course it won't be easy, but Walsh did it or at least made it look easy with Young.

It can be done and no coach or GM has a better chance to supplant a HOF QB more than BB in this league. I am sure he will be up to that challenge, and it's probably the main thing that will keep him around past Brady's tenure here.

If Brady continues to look distant in Januarys, I will be looking forward to his replacement.

The pain of watching him waste opportunities and the team wondering just who took Brady away, has been just beyond disappointing at this point. It was bad enough in 2007.

[/QUOTE]

IMO BB & Brady are leaving together... Just go out together. McDaniels will take over 

[/QUOTE]

Nope.

BB aint' going anywhere. It's in his blood.  Brady, meanwhile is more interested in hairstyling and playing dress up while dancing terribly in Brazil.

It's been mortifying in recent years at times, dude.  It's ok to admit it.

Bostonians do not like their athletes to be so California or whatever this is.

Face it, Brady changed in 2007 and it's been all downhill since.  Pats fans who live outside NE, have to fend off the jokes and whatnot.  It's brutal.

[/QUOTE]

Oh God...stop it!!! Brady is all about winning. All he needs is a better OL and defense. The fact that he can juggle being married to a world class model who happens to be one of the richest women in the world, and still strive to be a championship QB at an advanced age, speaks volumes about his commitment, and his love for the game.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh God...stop it!!! Brady is all about winning. All he needs is a better OL and defense. The fact that he can juggle being married to a world class model who happens to be one of the richest women in the world, and still strive to be a championship QB at an advanced age, speaks volumes about his commitment, and his love for the game.  

[/QUOTE]

Looks like Rusty is suffering from envy for a guy about his age who has been living the dream life.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I understand your confidence level in BB as GM isn't very high, and yes it's frustrating to get close and not win but we all know they've been very close, arguably two plays away from having two more.

And in the grand scheme of things 9 years isn't very long. The bar for the Pats has been set very high, considering some teams have never even played in a SB much less using no SB wins in 9 years as a standard to draw conclusions from.

I think BB's chances of winning a SB with or without Brady will remain higher than the chances for most other teams. If there were guarantees though then what would be the point of cheering for any team? Plus, we don't actually know if it will be BB who is doing the replacing.

Brady imo is the greatest of all time give or take Montana so replacing him as an individual will be impossible but that doesn't mean the team won't still succeed.

[/QUOTE]

Nine years isn't very long? It's about half of BB's head coaching career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nine years isn't very long? It's about half of BB's head coaching career.

[/QUOTE]

I guess it's long if you expect them to win every year or two but that's not realistic.

He's had them there 5 times and the most recent 3 years ago. That's awfully good imo.

Don't get me wrong...I won't be happy when Brady retires and I don't take what he gives them for granted. I just don't think it will automatically equate to them no longer being able to win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

While the draft likely changes things if the season started today, two other teams, in Minny and Cleveland would have starting QB's found and developed by the Pats.

Not suggesting Cassel or Hoyer will lead anyone to a SB but they were also found in the 7th rd and undrafted respectively. So even when the Pats weren't particularly trying or needing to find a QB they found a couple who sit atop other teams' depth charts.

Not expecting the next one to be another Brady but I think when they need to find a good one they will.

[/QUOTE]

Yep. I also feel if Cassel had stayed here, he'd have had a Pro Bowl season year after year like he did in 2010 with KC with Weis.

Stability is absolutely enormous with a QB. Hoyer, Cassel, etc, even Alex Smith, had new OCs literally every year.

[/QUOTE]

I always felt that was the big issue with Bledsoe.  There was never any stability while he was here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

Let's hope the search to find a competent replacement  for Brady doesn't go like these attempts to solidify the defensive backfield: A. Wilson, T. Wilson, Ras - I, Chung, D. Butler, Jon Wilhite and T. Wheatley.

If this happens at the QB position, we won't be waiting 4 plus hours on draft night for the Pats' selection.

I'm curious as to whether the QB search starts this year and wondering if BB shocks us all this year with an off the wall move.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Of course it won't be easy, but Walsh did it or at least made it look easy with Young.

It can be done and no coach or GM has a better chance to supplant a HOF QB more than BB in this league. I am sure he will be up to that challenge, and it's probably the main thing that will keep him around past Brady's tenure here.

If Brady continues to look distant in Januarys, I will be looking forward to his replacement.

The pain of watching him waste opportunities and the team wondering just who took Brady away, has been just beyond disappointing at this point. It was bad enough in 2007.

[/QUOTE]

Ya, bb has done such a wonderful job drafting QB's since Tom and worked wonders with the ones he had prior. 

I'm sure he has one just waiting in the weeds.

The pain you witnessed was TB sitting down in the final moments of the games with the lead, only to watch the D flush it down the toilet.

You would think with all that crap on the field, that potty wouldn't flush.  Unfortunately, someone gave eli a plunger and there it went, directly to the sewer.

Thanks a f'n lot bb!

[/QUOTE]

Doug's is an excellent post...

And pezz...  When and WhereTH did we have the lead in our last 6-7 playoff loses...?!? <And if you even TRY to bvllsh#-t me, I will go back and check quarter and score>.

^  That's what you're lookin' for quarter and score...no deductivism through garbage rhetorics.  Quarter and current tally of points for NE and the opposing side on the board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

The thing that pissses me off most about Rusty and the Brady rants is him saying the "ego" shhit.

Really? Seriously? Tom Brady has an ego?

He is all about winning, that's it. You never hear anyone else say he has an ego. no one. Yeah, he does need to play better in big games, I agree but so does his blocking and defense.

We haven't won a SuperBowl in 10 years not because Tom Brady has an ego, but because the team didn't make timely plays/stops when they were needed and didn't do enough to win. no damn ego involved.

He then claims Brady was the one who wanted to go gun in 2007 becuase of his ego when his coach gave him the personnel for that shotgun offense. it was BB's ego to want to run it up on everyone how bout that? Maybe BB has the ego. See how stupid that sounds?

Tom Brady doesnt have an ego shown by the 14M he's making this year and the 9M AAV over the next three he'll make, which is lower than a ton of shhit QBs... Brady took a paycut to make BB's the GM job easier to help get us to the title.

Stop with the ego bullshhit. its more annoying than anything imo. Brady has been subpar in playoff games, but so has the Oline and Defense too. Its not his damn "ego"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

IMO BB & Brady are leaving together... Just go out together. McDaniels will take over 

[/QUOTE]

Nope.

BB aint' going anywhere. It's in his blood.  Brady, meanwhile is more interested in hairstyling and playing dress up while dancing terribly in Brazil.

It's been mortifying in recent years at times, dude.  It's ok to admit it.

Bostonians do not like their athletes to be so California or whatever this is.

Face it, Brady changed in 2007 and it's been all downhill since.  Pats fans who live outside NE, have to fend off the jokes and whatnot.  It's brutal.

[/QUOTE]

Brady was my favorite Pats player when he won the '01 SB, and was so psyched to get MVP, because he was driving a used Honda at the time.

Now he's a white girl.  Even worse...He's an AMERICAN white girl.  He might even be related to The Kardashians now, I believe.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Rapunzel, Rapunzel...Where art thou, Rapenziel?"

"For GAHD's sakes!?!  I'll be up in a minute, and I'll bring your b#lls with me...I promise <wink>.  Look, your job is to to just keep the baret in WITH the middle of the hair part too...  Other than that, ShutTFU and look good for me."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

The thing that pissses me off most about Rusty and the Brady rants is him saying the "ego" shhit.

He is all about winning, that's it. You never hear anyone else say he has an ego. no one. Yeah, he does need to play better in big games, I agree but so does his blocking and defense.

We haven't won a SuperBowl in 10 years not because Tom Brady has an ego, but because the team didn't make timely plays/stops when they were needed and didn't do enough to win. no damn ego involved.

He then claims Brady was the one who wanted to go gun in 2007 becuase of his ego when his coach gave him the personnel for that shotgun offense. it was BB's ego to want to run it up on everyone how bout that? Maybe BB has the ego. See how stupid that sounds?

Tom Brady doesnt have an ego shown by the 14M he's making this year and the 9M AAV over the next three he'll make, which is lower than a ton of shhit QBs... Brady took a paycut to make BB's the GM job easier to help get us to the title.

Stop with the ego bullshhit. its more annoying than anything imo. Brady has been subpar in playoff games, but so has the Oline and Defense too. Its not his damn "ego"

[/QUOTE]

Good stuff. The Pats had the lead late in the last two SB losses but that gets ignored when someone is spinning their worn out, tired and off the mark rhetoric through out every post.

Just looking back at the '07 SB, the Pats' OL couldn't contain 4 pass rushers with 5 or 6 blockers. The OL and lack of a consistent pass rush have doomed the Pats the past few years against the better teams in the playoffs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

[QUOTE]

It won't be as easy as some think, (despite the unparralelled brilliance of BB the GM).

According to Bill O'Brien: “The one thing for us in Houston, especially like myself and (quarterback coach) George Godsey, we have to guard against looking for the next Tom Brady,”€ he said. “Those guys are few and far between. You think about how many Hall of Fame quarterbacks there are, and he’€™s going to be one, there just aren’€™t that many of them in the whole spectrum of quarterbacks in the history of this league, as you know. I think what we’€™re looking for is a guy that has some of Tom’€™s qualities: like a great teammate, an accountable guy, a hard-working guy, a competitive guy, a good leader. But to go out there and say, ‘€˜This guy is going to be like Tom Brady.’€™ I mean, that’€™s ridiculous.”

Hey, maybe we could get Rusty's hero Alex Smith.

[/QUOTE]

bb will find the guy to manage the team and maybe even another star  qb. the defense is becoming the strength of the team and people forget that they won eleven games with cassel. bb will keep the patriots in the hunt. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I guess I just wished that Bb would wake up and realize that TB has been the problem, I mean he keeps saying that there is no other Qb he would rather have. I mean how stupid is that? I mean doesn't he realize that he can draft another 6th round draft choice that wiil be infinitely better? Doesnt he realize that it was TB who dropped those game clinching passes in the SB losses? 

And shouldn't have Bb had better players in than those two all pros? To catch the passes? what a lousy GM?

I mean anyone with day to day contact, and a weekly one on one meeting since 2001 , should be able to see that TB has surrendered to being just a soft celebrity qb? Don't you think that the GOAT HC  shouldn't let his Qb decide the entire offensive strategy? After all he just knows defenses.

And then last year it was certainly TBs fault that the team had all those injuries, And that dratted GM should have had more all pros waiting in the wings for just that situation?

and of coruse TB doesn't get any respect outside of NE. I mean Tuck must be absolutely clueless when he said this year that TB was the tuffest football player he has ever faced.What does he know anywayS? I guess his problem is that he doesn't have the Vulcan mind meld to see inside TBs head and know he is a purely ego driven , me first greedy player

And there isn't a day that goes by that my jet, raven, niner, Miami, Dallas friends don't say they think Brady is toast, And that every non pat fan thinks they are better off when TB is not playing instead of Their own Qb? 

Well back to reality lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Used ta think not having an "ego" per se, was a d#mn good thing...  But maybe when you're married to a the top runway brazillian supermodel on earth making 100 mil a year and living in a 200 mil to make super moated mansion in Cali and have A+ job insurety and etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., ....not "having an Ego"....might very well, be a bad thing. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Used ta think not having an "ego" per se, was a d#mn good thing...  But maybe when you're married to a the top runway brazillian supermodel on earth making 100 mil a year and living in a 200 mil to make super moated mansion in Cali and have A+ job insurety and etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., ....not "having an Ego"....might very well, be a bad thing. 

[/QUOTE]

There is a healthy ego and an unhealthy ego. I have never heard TB put down another player, or blame anyone for a loss, or take all the credit for a win.And to step onto the field with everyone tearing at you, it had better be a string ego, a confident ego, or you will never make any plays against some of the greatest athletes in the world.All this tak about what is inside his head is just talk, empty talk

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

The Patriots next QB will not be like TB. He will have different strengths and weaknesses. He will likely not be in the same class as TB as there are only a handful in the past 80 years.

What we should hope for is a good QB who is very clutch and fits nicely into the makeup of the team. Hopefully he will have some special strengths that make him a game changer. It could be that he makes plays with his feet while not giving up the ball... or he is deadly going deep... or ... whatever.

But he wont be TB.  

We hope he will be a top 10 QB with a bit extra something. But the rest of the team will need to be better in order to be as competative as this team with TB.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Perfectly stated. Brady is one of the most selfless players on the team. Whatever may cause some of his postseason problems, one thing is for certain: It's not because he has an "ego."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

It won't be Mallet

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Patriots next QB will not be like TB. He will have different strengths and weaknesses. He will likely not be in the same class as TB as there are only a handful in the past 80 years.

What we should hope for is a good QB who is very clutch and fits nicely into the makeup of the team. Hopefully he will have some special strengths that make him a game changer. It could be that he makes plays with his feet while not giving up the ball... or he is deadly going deep... or ... whatever.

But he wont be TB.  

We hope he will be a top 10 QB with a bit extra something. But the rest of the team will need to be better in order to be as competative as this team with TB.

[/QUOTE]

correcto mundo!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good to see our village idiot is keeping up with his tradition of bashing a quarterback that is roundly praised by everyone in the NFL...united states...and planet earth. Meanwhile he continues to praise guys like Patrick Chung and pretend he didn't talk down Revis as a player...laughable. Is there anyone dumber on the entire internet? Nope...not even close.