Report: Amendola "almost" certain to miss Jets game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Report: Amendola "almost" certain to miss Jets game

I hope this isn't true because with Dobson still having hammy issues I'm not sure going in without Gronk and having pretty much Ridley, Hooman, Thompkins, and Edelman as Brady's only offensive weapons is going to work

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/09/10/reports-danny-amendola-absent-at-start-of-patriots-walkthrough-practice/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Report: Amendola

Missing a walkthrough ain't the same as almost certain to miss game.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Run the GoX$3 Fu%$#ing Football....

Do I seem a bit testy?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Missing a walkthrough ain't the same as almost certain to miss game.

Just passing along the report. However, missing two walkthrough's 2 days before a game with a known groin injury does leave credence that it could be true

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

... and it starts.. oy!!!  The injury parade to key players.  Also, the "I told you so" crowd will comeout of the woodwork!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Dainty Daniella has a history of injury problems. She was hurting last game, prolly got some pain killers during game so she could come back.

In all seriousness,   I do give him credit for returning last game and made some key catches when the Pats were on the ropes during their last scoring drive.

Don't be surprised if he's out for the game. It's only a couple of days away. If he injures groing (again), it'll just be a lingering issue. Let him heal....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

There's only three days of preparation between a Sunday game and a Thursday game so we can't read anything into that.  The Patriots are deep enough to survive a player missing a game or two, when players start dropping off because of season ending IR, then its a concern.  Next man up.

I think he'll play, he doesn't need practice as much as health, but if not I'd love to showcase Boyce and Edelman in the slot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wow.  What a joke.

"NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Amendola is almost certain to be ruled out because of the groin injury he suffered in the first half of Sunday's 23-21 win over the Buffalo Bills, according to a source informed of his injury."  NFL.COM

The guy hasn't started more than eight games in a season in his career.

If he doesn't play, it'll be a Special Teams guy and a bunch of undrafted rookies.  The good news is that the Pats have $14,000,000 in cap space.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

... and it starts.. oy!!!  The injury parade to key players.  Also, the "I told you so" crowd will comeout of the woodwork!

I might have been one of those Amendola is injury prone so better have a durable vet backup plan people but I won't say I told you so because frankly I would have rather been wrong than right. But, maybe next time some posters shouldn't jump on others for giving unbiased opinions even if that means it shows a bit of criticism towards the man picking the groceries

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Did someone call me?

Relax!  I am only kidding.  Would never wish injury on anyone, let alone my own team.  I seen this report earlier on the new Fox Sports station and now it's being tweeted out.  Two tough losses with him and Vereen.  Any word on Sudfeld?  I read where Ridley has been told to be ready, I still would like to see what Bolden has.  Use Washington a bit too.  Hope Thompkins gets the jitters out and has been doing a lot of studying his mistakes from Sunday.  This game is going to be a tough one.  Never thought I would say this at the start of the season but it will be.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

No Amendola...no win against Buffalo...

That being said the worse thing you can do is come back too early from a groin injury. He's reinjured it so no telling how bad it is.

He won't play Thursday.

If it's a grade 3 he'll be out at least a 4-6 weeks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

No Amendola...no win against Buffalo...

That being said the worse thing you can do is come back too early from a groin injury. He's reinjured it so no telling how bad it is.

He won't play Thursday.

If it's a grade 3 he'll be out at least a 4-6 weeks.

God I hope not. We are going to need him this season badly. Without him this receiving core looks like the 06' team

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

Time for Boyce to step up. Lots of running with Ridley and Blount.

Good thing we are playig the Jets. Don't turn it over, play good STs and good D and they'll win.

got to think your right.........I think the Pats will be running the ball down the Jet's throats

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If he doesn't play I'll be very interested in how the offensive game plan unfolds.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Any word on Sudfeld?

Yeah.  He stinks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Any word on Sudfeld?

Yeah.  He stinks.

Your inexhaustable optimism is infectious, NAS. ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

If he doesn't play I'll be very interested in how the offensive game plan unfolds.

I am too because I'm fearful we might see it a couple of times this year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

I am true because I'm fearful we might see it a couple of times this year

[/QUOTE]

We may very well.  Guess we'll see if we can run the ball on a consistent basis.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Your inexhaustable optimism is infectious, NAS. ;)

I'm optimistic!  I just can't get behind an undrafted player who did nothing in the first game.

Why will this one be any different?

Amendola, the undrafted injury guy, is most likely out.

NICE JOB BELICHICK.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Time for the defense to step up , make some plays, and score some damn points. they ve been riding the offense coattails for years now.  Now it's their turn to take some pressure off Brady.. for god's sake Belichick turn them loose!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

Time for the defense to step up , make some plays, and score some damn points. they ve been riding the offense coattails for years now.  Now it's their turn to take some pressure off Brady.. for god's sake Belichick turn them loose!!

I agree Game. We've used way to many resources in terms of cap space and draft picks rebuilding the D over the last 6 years. Time to show all those resources were worth it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[/QUOTE]

God I hope not. We are going to need him this season badly. Without him this receiving core looks like the 06' team

I think I just saw Troy Brown at the airport.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree Game. We've used way to many resources in terms of cap space and draft picks rebuilding the D over the last 6 years. Time to show all those resources were worth it.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with both you and NEGAME on this.  Time to stop the vanilla defense and get creative.  We haven't seen a creative defense since Cromell was here.

Sections
Shortcuts