Report: Amendola "almost" certain to miss Jets game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Report: Amendola

i understand the consternation about the injuries but I don't think that they will decide this game one way or the other.

This game will be decided by the Pat's D. They will hold the Jet's to 10 points and I don't care who they put out there with Brady they will score enough to win.

All that being said after this game they better get healthy fast.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

We're 12-1 on nights I have taken off work. I'm taking Thursday off. How's that for ESPN analysis!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

i understand the consternation about the injuries but I don't think that they will decide this game one way or the other.

This game will be decided by the Pat's D. They will hold the Jet's to 10 points and I don't care who they put out there with Brady they will score enough to win.

Hmmm, can't agree with you on this one.  Injuries are huge for this team, they really lack depth.  Even with Brady they were having a tough time scoring Sunday and I am more worried about the Jets D then I was about the Bills D.  THis is going to be much harder game then what it should be.  The defense has to step up big and like I said earlier, they need to get creative and put a lot of pressure on Geno Smith.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

We're 12-1 on nights I have taken off work. I'm taking Thursday off. How's that for ESPN analysis!

I need to know more about the 1 loss.  When was that?  Who was that against?  Did the Pats come off a win or a loss?  I'm a details guy, I need more details!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

49's last year. My friend.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Wow.  What a joke.

"NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Amendola is almost certain to be ruled out because of the groin injury he suffered in the first half of Sunday's 23-21 win over the Buffalo Bills, according to a source informed of his injury."  NFL.COM

The guy hasn't started more than eight games in a season in his career.

If he doesn't play, it'll be a Special Teams guy and a bunch of undrafted rookies.  The good news is that the Pats have $14,000,000 in cap space.

What good is that going to do now ?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

This Jets game could be "interesting." If Amendola does miss the game, our WRs are Edelman and the three rookies (assuming Slater does not take any WR snaps). Sudfeld is also a question mark for Thursday. 

We will have to see what unfolds in the next couple of days.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Wow.  What a joke.

"NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Amendola is almost certain to be ruled out because of the groin injury he suffered in the first half of Sunday's 23-21 win over the Buffalo Bills, according to a source informed of his injury."  NFL.COM

The guy hasn't started more than eight games in a season in his career.

If he doesn't play, it'll be a Special Teams guy and a bunch of undrafted rookies.  The good news is that the Pats have $14,000,000 in cap space.

Cap Space is actually me third favorite player on this team behind TB and VW. He has great upside and is very durable. Hasn't missed a game due to injury.
    I would be remiss if I didn't give kudos to BB for his great planning and foresight. Starting a wide receiver corps of 3 primary targets (ie. Amenfragile, Gronk and Edleman) with well documented histories of injury and a bunch of unproven rookies was brilliant ! But hey. It's still early. Let's give this team some time to expose Belichick's failures. I'm always amused by select posters who invariably try to put a positive spin on impending BB failures. These posters always want to present as positive and never panicking. And their conclusions always miss the obvious. An often used euphemism on this forum is the "negative, panicking, the sky is falling" fan. However,  perhaps a more objective description would be the fan who is more realistic and not afraid to offer criticism when it is clearly  merited.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Hmmm, can't agree with you on this one.  Injuries are huge for this team, they really lack depth.  Even with Brady they were having a tough time scoring Sunday and I am more worried about the Jets D then I was about the Bills D.  THis is going to be much harder game then what it should be.  The defense has to step up big and like I said earlier, they need to get creative and put a lot of pressure on Geno Smith.

Jet's are just as dinged up on O and will not score enough. The Jet's D is good but they will be worn down.

I am actually more confident in this game than he Bills game.   23-10 Pat's

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

If Amendola doesn't play, I don't feel to confident about a Patriots victory.   I hate the Jets, but where are the weapons for Brady?  

cap space

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Your inexhaustable optimism is infectious, NAS. ;)

I'm optimistic!  I just can't get behind an undrafted player who did nothing in the first game.

Why will this one be any different?

Amendola, the undrafted injury guy, is most likely out.

NICE JOB BELICHICK.

Do you EVER do anything besides whine and complain about this team? Do you actually enjoy your team? Is watching a Pats game fun for you? Questioning a few moves here & there is one thing, but you sound like you are beyond miserable when it come to this team....why bother?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

... and it starts.. oy!!!  The injury parade to key players.  Also, the "I told you so" crowd will comeout of the woodwork!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

I might have been one of those Amendola is injury prone so better have a durable vet backup plan people but I won't say I told you so because frankly I would have rather been wrong than right. But, maybe next time some posters shouldn't jump on others for giving unbiased opinions even if that means it shows a bit of criticism towards the man picking the groceries

[/QUOTE]

Just making a comment, PatsEng, nothing towards anyone.  As you know, whenever BB picks up players that have "issues", there are those that look at the glass half empty.  Unfortunately, here we are out of the gate and Amendola is already on the cusp of being out.  OY!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Please oh please tell me that Stallworth and Branch aren't still on BB's speed dial. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

If he doesn't play I'll be very interested in how the offensive game plan unfolds.

I am true because I'm fearful we might see it a couple of times this year

We may very well.  Guess we'll see if we can run the ball on a consistent basis.

And dont we need to know NOW IF we CAN run the ball when the other team is expecting it? I mean thats been ONE problem in the playoffs. So why not see now instead of getting our collective Bubbles bursted in January after seeing fluke 100 yard games based on TFB being behind center. Now we will see what our D is made of. No way this offense is gonna carry us to 12 wins. Defense needs to win a few. They did their part sunday. Lets keep it going

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Time for BB to go crawling to Randy to please save his bacon. LMAO

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If he doesn't play I'll be very interested in how the offensive game plan unfolds.

just means others need to step up Laughing

the rookie WRs and TEs can climb out of their shell shocked hole and show up this game...lol

it's just a matter of time....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

... and it starts.. oy!!!  The injury parade to key players.  Also, the "I told you so" crowd will comeout of the woodwork!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

This is a priceless opportunity for the young guys to get some early reps and to step up on the big stage. At home, under the lights, national TV with the rest of their peers watching, a game under their belts, and a chance to show they deserve to play when the games really start to mean something later on. It may be tough to watch again, but it is a great, early experience for the 2s and 3s and wil accellerate their develpment to a point they may never have had a chance to get to this season otherwise. The injuries, just bumps and bruises. Even Vereens wrist will be a quick healer, back mid Nov. and full speed before we know it. GO PATS!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:

Please oh please tell me that Stallworth and Branch aren't still on BB's speed dial. 

or Moss

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

I am true because I'm fearful we might see it a couple of times this year

We may very well.  Guess we'll see if we can run the ball on a consistent basis.

And dont we need to know NOW IF we CAN run the ball when the other team is expecting it? I mean thats been ONE problem in the playoffs. So why not see now instead of getting our collective Bubbles bursted in January after seeing fluke 100 yard games based on TFB being behind center. Now we will see what our D is made of. No way this offense is gonna carry us to 12 wins. Defense needs to win a few. They did their part sunday. Lets keep it going

[/QUOTE]

Hear, hear.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Boston Herald: source says Amendola status beyond this week 'in question'.

Lloyd, Stalworth & Branch coming through the door?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:

Why?  We'd be fortunate to have Stallworth on this team right now.