Report: Amendola "almost" certain to miss Jets game

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Report: Amendola

This is why we didn't spend people (14 million under the cap), so when - made of fine crystal - Amendola and Edelman go down, we can sign some of them hopefulls from Taco Bell...with the remaining 13.5 million left over we'll all receive Patriot magnets for Christmas!! Yay!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Oh cr@p!  More bad injury news for Pat's fans;  Mark Sanchez is still injured.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

Not in the playoffs they haven't. Brady's last 3 AFC title games at home? 3 TDs, 7 INTs.

IN fact, in each the 2007 and 2011 AFC title games, the D bailed out Brady's poor showing.

We don't get to either SB without the D's performances in those games.  The D also won the game for us on Sunday.

Time for Brady to bear down and focus, hand it off a lot, don't target one WR 14 times in a game, and don't turn it over a minimum of 2 times.

http://crappypictures.com/images/2012/08/broken-record2.gif

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

DA...

Disabled Again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

i think he's going to play but limited

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

tighten up your jockstap ame and play!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

One positive is that Amendola is known for gutting it out through injuries as much as he is for getting dinged in the first place.  Maybe he will be out there...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

DA practiced today (limited).  Apparently the media reports that they're about to amputate his groin are something less than unimpeachable.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to whodeawhodat's comment:

I still cannot believe that Amendola may miss the 2nd game of the season. Absolutely stunned...Who could have seen this coming?

[/QUOTE]

I heard he is questionable for Thursdays game.

I also heard it was questionable not to resign welker!

BAZZZZINGA

[/QUOTE]

Don't you think it's kind of pathetic that the only pleasure a Jets fan gets is when the Patriots face some type of adversity?  Displaying schadenfreude is a sign of weakness, little man.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

[QUOTE]

Time for the defense to step up , make some plays, and score some damn points. they ve been riding the offense coattails for years now.  Now it's their turn to take some pressure off Brady.. for god's sake Belichick turn them loose!!

I agree Game. We've used way to many resources in terms of cap space and draft picks rebuilding the D over the last 6 years. Time to show all those resources were worth it.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with both you and NEGAME on this.  Time to stop the vanilla defense and get creative.  We haven't seen a creative defense since Cromell was here.

[/QUOTE]

cmon tfb, you dont like the exciting 'bend but dont break' that we have rolled out week after week and year after year!  lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

That would be really depressing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Losing both Vereen and Amendola would really hurt, especially assuming Gronk is out.  Doesn't leave Brady much to throw to.  Edelman, Blount, Washington, and Hoomanawanui all need to step up big time.  And hopefully one or two of the rookies can show something.  Dobson is also still hurt, so hopefully Thompkins, Sudfeld, and Boyce can grow up fast . . .

Only other guys left are Slater, Mulligan, and Develin.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

It's getting real lean at the skill positions. I don't think bb is going to be making any trades but he might bring in a cast off vet until the team is healed up.

when Danny is healthy he is good. We can't afford to lose him in big chunks this season. We have too much invested in him. Time for the rooks to step up until Danny, Gronk and Vereen heal up. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to YanksHess' comment:

Glass Jaw Amendola is out-Sudfeld out-Gronk -out-Brady is old and your RB can't hold on to the ball.

Hey Gang - What a glorious afternoon to be a Jets fan!

The jets are garbage. It's going to be a long season for them.

I disagree Babe. They'll be out of it by week 10 and can call it an early season

[/QUOTE]

What are you disagreeing with?

[/QUOTE]

It's a joke Babe. You said it was going to be a long season, I said they will be out of it by week 10 so it will be a short one. Get it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to whodeawhodat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still cannot believe that Amendola may miss the 2nd game of the season. Absolutely stunned...Who could have seen this coming?

[/QUOTE]

I heard he is questionable for Thursdays game.

I also heard it was questionable not to resign welker!

BAZZZZINGA

[/QUOTE]

Don't you think it's kind of pathetic that the only pleasure a Jets fan gets is when the Patriots face some type of adversity?  Displaying schadenfreude is a sign of weakness, little man.

[/QUOTE]

cmon mickey, you guys let go of a good little foot soldier for a guy that is constantly injured.  Not only that but you surround your best player with UDFAs.  I know little bill has had a hard time drafting WRs and DBs but to just give up is not good for TB in the twilight of his career.  Especially when TB takes a paycut to allow bill to go out and get proven talent.

How is your Oline looking this year? I havent heard much but they had better be up to the task.  even with Coples out for this game, I like what our front guys can bring.  Your boys are are in for a dog fight in the trenches.  I am hopeful that even with a rookie QB we can come in and steel a win on Thursday night, we are playing with house money this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I keep seeing that he is lasted as questionable, but I can't find the official injury report other than who was limited in practice. Does anyone have a link to that? 

Is Dobson definitely out this week?

It's going to be a tough game.

Come on if you think you can take us on
    You and whose army?
    You and your cronies.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

Dobson told Volin he expects to play this week for whatever that's worth.  It's on his twitter feed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

Dobson told Volin he expects to play this week for whatever that's worth.  It's on his twitter feed.

[/QUOTE]

Well it's something I guess... thanks for that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Look at it this way...

TB will not have a choice but to make it work with whoever is remaining on the O roster. Amendola, Vereen and Gronk will be out at least a couple of weeks.

If they lose, we know they will be better when Gronk comes back in a coupe of weeks. Even better when Vereen and Amendola come back.

If they win, that means TB was the one who adjusted to make things work with the young receivers. That would be very positive for the team, because that means TB will be more open to distributing the ball a lot even when the three amigos are back.

Two things I will be watching this weekend...

1) Run blocking - Has not been good in the past few years. Maybe they learn to be grinders again because the situation has them in a corner

2) How many passes does TB attempt outside the numbers... outside the hash marks at least. I don't like it when he keeps throwing to the middle. Makes it really simple for the D to play the odds - show something different pre-snap then after snap simply defend the middle where he tends to throw the ball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope this is true.  I would like to see if Dobson can go deep against the Jets.  Need to see something good out of at least one of the rookies WR's vs the Jets.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Wow.  What a joke.

"NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Amendola is almost certain to be ruled out because of the groin injury he suffered in the first half of Sunday's 23-21 win over the Buffalo Bills, according to a source informed of his injury."  NFL.COM

The guy hasn't started more than eight games in a season in his career.

If he doesn't play, it'll be a Special Teams guy and a bunch of undrafted rookies.  The good news is that the Pats have $14,000,000 in cap space.

Is it too late to re-negotiate his contract?  Because we may need the money to pay another old, slow, short washed up vet for the defense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

This was what most Pats fans were worried about when they signed him to replace Welker.  Good player but terribly injury prone. Should have signed a couple of good receivers if they were relying on Amendola.

Sections
Shortcuts