Report: Brandon Lloyd not expected back in 2013 due to...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Report: Brandon Lloyd not expected back in 2013 due to...

"erratic behavior"

http://nesn.com/2013/02/report-brandon-lloyd-not-expected-to-be-back-for-2013-season-due-to-erratic-behavior/

Interesting....if he isn't back, who replaces him? We have a big enough question mark over our WR corps already.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Report: Brandon Lloyd not expected back in 2013 due to...

Given what is coming out about this guy we probably won't see him in a Pats uniform this fall.  And that makes Ayyy's question all the more interesting.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

A couple of days ago I was saying the only way they let him go is if he's head case, well it looks like he might be. Previous reports said that the guy may actually be bipolar...sounds like that may be true. I honestly thought he played ok - nothing special, but gave us a little bit on the outside.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He is a wacky dude. Cutting him also saves 4.9m against the cap. I will assume the Pats sign welker. I still think they need 2 wr's whether it be in FA, draft or a combo of both. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

A couple of days ago I was saying the only way they let him go is if he's head case, well it looks like he might be. Previous reports said that the guy may actually be bipolar...sounds like that may be true. I honestly thought he played ok - nothing special, but gave us a little bit on the outside.

Agreed. My main concern is with how we replace him. As you mentioned, he gave us some production on the outside, but he was the ONLY person doing that. Without him, we are the 2011 Pats passing game without any production from branch. If released, BB and his crew better have a good plan to deal with this (which i'm sure they will).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Flood training camp with wr's like they did last year and see who sticks...

honestly, they need to land 2 and they need to bring in a sure fire talent and spend some cash doing so. Assuming Wes is signed, I still want to see 2 wr's added. David Nelson and maybe hartline, Brandon Gibson

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In all seriousness, I heard this report earlier, but it's becoming very old to see Brady reject these WRs every year on the outside because they aren't stars.

Rusty you are insane.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He must really be a problem if they're considering releasing him.  His rep coming in was that he is wears out his welcome pretty fast.  I thought since McD was familiar with him that his attitude issues were overblown since the Pats likely wouldn't have signed him without McD's endorsement. Not huge money for a guy who could probably be better this year after having a pretty decent year 1. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yeah Russ, a bit paranoid on the Brady front. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Agreed. My main concern is with how we replace him. As you mentioned, he gave us some production on the outside, but he was the ONLY person doing that. Without him, we are the 2011 Pats passing game without any production from branch. If released, BB and his crew better have a good plan to deal with this (which i'm sure they will).

Yeah I got to think there is something up their sleave if they let him go.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If you don't Brady has say in what he likes in the postseason FA moves discussion at WR, YOU'RE insane.

He does. Absolutely, no doubt. Lloyd didn't get into the Brady club last year, so he's gone.

It's getting very tiring. The production was there, they need someone who can get behind Ds and know what to do in this system.

No one should care if he is't some locker room socialite.  Work hard, produce, etc.  That's all that matters. 

This little binky club is ridiculous.

Right so the guy that was targeted 130 times in 16 games "didn't get into the club".  I mean seriously dude it's not like guys that haven't worked out here have gone and set the league on fire.  Where exactly is Ocho these days?  Perhaps the guy you refer to as the "best GM of all time" actually knows what he's doing when he makes these kind of decisions.  If (and that is still an if) Lloyd gets cut I guarantee you BB had more say in it than Brady.  You haven't and cannot present any evidence to the contrary.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yeah, we should have traded 2 1st rders and paid a bi-polar WR in Marshall instead.  Afterall, Parcells is a trailblazer in the GM realm.  bawhaha

In all seriousness, I heard this report earlier, but it's becoming very old to see Brady reject these WRs every year on the outside because they aren't stars. 

Now their flanker position is in absolute dire straits.   Imagine if Brady didn't throw 80% of the time to Welker, Gronk or Hernandez?

Maybe his numbers would have been better on a #1 offense. lol

The word is he's a quirky guy, but barring two slam dunk, well priced options, I don't agree with a quirky person who doesn't want to talk to a teammate, rather listen to music instead, as some reason to cut that production at that money.

Tim Thomas was quirky, too.

The best get someone who can do the 75 catches, 1000 yards, and make nice catches on the perimeter at the 4 million.  If this makes room for a push for Hartline, then it would be more palatable.

Lloyd had 70 catches, it's not like Brady ignored him - this isn't a situation like mushroom brain Ocho who couldn't read or write, this is about a guy that is a locker room nut job.

I don't know about this Hartline guy coming here - he already said he is not leaving Miami...Miami has the money...just don't see it. How good is Hartline on the outside? How good is he really? I know he did it for one season on a team that no one cared about, is he that good?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

This is more dumb stuff!  Im sure Josh knew as did most people that this guy was called bi-polar on more than one team and this is why I told people last summer, LLoyd wasnt a steal, we got him at that price cuz he is a journeyman headcase who u cant count on. Being with Brady is the only reason he performed admiraly.  Foiled again....lol and now on to find another WR for Brady!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yeah, we should have traded 2 1st rders and paid a bi-polar WR in Marshall instead.  Afterall, Parcells is a trailblazer in the GM realm.  bawhaha

Now their flanker position is in absolute dire straits.   Imagine if Brady didn't throw 80% of the time to Welker, Gronk or Hernandez?

Maybe his numbers would have been better on a #1 offense. lol

The word is he's a quirky guy, but barring two slam dunk, well priced options, I don't agree with a quirky person who doesn't want to talk to a teammate, rather listen to music instead, as some reason to cut that production at that money.

Tim Thomas was quirky, too.

The best get someone who can do the 75 catches, 1000 yards, and make nice catches on the perimeter at the 4 million.  If this makes room for a push for Hartline, then it would be more palatable.

Lloyd had 70 catches, it's not like Brady ignored him - this isn't a situation like mushroom brain Ocho who couldn't read or write, this is about a guy that is a locker room nut job.

I don't know about this Hartline guy coming here - he already said he is not leaving Miami...Miami has the money...just don't see it. How good is Hartline on the outside? How good is he really? I know he did it for one season on a team that no one cared about, is he that good?

Where and when did he say he's not leaving Miami? Source please.

I want to say it was profootballtalk..I don't know? I think that was it. I may of went of a link from a story on him to a local Miami paper, he or someone close to him said he doesn't want to leave and the Dolphins don't plan on letting him go. Then last week I want to say Zolak and gresh were talking about him and they said something similar.

Of course it doesn't mean he won't leave, but it sounds like he sure doesn't want or have any plans to.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The team did a pretty good job of keeping a lid on his behavior this past season. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts