Report: Brandon Lloyd not expected back in 2013 due to...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Report: Brandon Lloyd not expected back in 2013 due to...

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

This is more dumb stuff!  Im sure Josh knew as did most people that this guy was called bi-polar on more than one team and this is why I told people last summer, LLoyd wasnt a steal, we got him at that price cuz he is a journeyman headcase who u cant count on. Being with Brady is the only reason he performed admiraly.  Foiled again....lol and now on to find another WR for Brady!

A system guy at that money in his prime is a bad move? 74 catches, 1000 yards in his first year here with a QB who looks mostly at 3 other guys first?

The production is not the issue.  He was counted on just fine. He played hurt with a bad leg and still produced.  The issue is the style of the offense being so slanted to 2-3 guys, that the other receivers (the flankers), never really get incorporated into the gameplans.

There always has to be a scapegoat for Brady and this started, big time, in 2005 when they switched into this McDaniels pass happy base. How can so many veterans come in here and all have the same problem? Hmm.

The other issue is, how this kind of thing might actually scare WRs away in FA when they see this stuff.

Christ, it's come to the point now where Brady has to have a HOF WR at his beck and call to accept a flanker here. Larry Fitzgerald or bust, right? My god.

Meanwhile, Gomer misses an entire year and jumps into a Denver uni and has no issue at all with Thomas and Decker.

I didnt say it was a bad move. I said is dumb to release him now with info that they should have known about already and I said I was telling fans to keep it in perspestive at the time because they thought he took a discount coming here when I thought the money was on par with his attitude/mood swings.  IM all for keeping him because I know how hard is it to get guys here that can play and to get 74 catches when it seemed like he only had 40 is pretty good but he is what he is. A sideline guy who will make nice grabs and toe taps but will check out in big games where defenders can keep him quiet. He is a # 2 who would flourish with a real # 1 but we dont have that. So my point it its dumb for them to come out with this stuff now cuz its old. Just an excuse to be cheap and cut a player and gamble they can replace him in the draft

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

130 targets does't tell us the percentage of total targets in a shotgun spread with usually 4 targets on the field at a time and one RB.

The percentage would be the key.

I agree that BB will be on the hook if he doesn't yet again address this for Brady.  It's getting OLD. Period.

Of course BB has more say in it, but if Brady is indifferent in his reaction to wanting to move forward for 1 more year with Lloyd, that might make a decision like this a reality.

There has to be something going down, because your current starters at WR on the outside are Slater and Jeremy Ebert.

Otherwise, a quirky guy who chooses to listen to headphones over taking to a teammate JUST LIKE MOSS, isn't that big of a deal at that money.

Dude 130 targets is 130 targets.  Only Welker had more.  That is more than Gronk had last season when he wasn't injured.  Lloyd was targeted on 20% of Brady's passes.  Now you are shifting the goalposts and saying it is Brady's fault if he doesn't beg BB to keep Lloyd.  Are you for real right now?  There is no evidence that BB would even listen if Brady did say anything.  It certainly didn't help with Branch.  If BB lets Lloyd go (and again this is still a big if) I will not question the decision and I certainly won't argue that BB is compromising the quality of the team just to appease is power hungry QB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

This is more dumb stuff!  Im sure Josh knew as did most people that this guy was called bi-polar on more than one team and this is why I told people last summer, LLoyd wasnt a steal, we got him at that price cuz he is a journeyman headcase who u cant count on. Being with Brady is the only reason he performed admiraly.  Foiled again....lol and now on to find another WR for Brady!

A system guy at that money in his prime is a bad move? 74 catches, 1000 yards in his first year here with a QB who looks mostly at 3 other guys first?

The production is not the issue.  He was counted on just fine. He played hurt with a bad leg and still produced.  The issue is the style of the offense being so slanted to 2-3 guys, that the other receivers (the flankers), never really get incorporated into the gameplans.

There always has to be a scapegoat for Brady and this started, big time, in 2005 when they switched into this McDaniels pass happy base. How can so many veterans come in here and all have the same problem? Hmm.

The other issue is, how this kind of thing might actually scare WRs away in FA when they see this stuff.

Christ, it's come to the point now where Brady has to have a HOF WR at his beck and call to accept a flanker here. Larry Fitzgerald or bust, right? My god.

Meanwhile, Gomer misses an entire year and jumps into a Denver uni and has no issue at all with Thomas and Decker.

I kind of disagree here with this...you say basically two things here and contradict the hell out of yourself...first you say Brady only throws to 2-3 guys, yet you mention the very solid production Lloyd had here. How do you think that happened if Brady is slanted to two guys and doesn't throw to the flankers? That doesn't make any sense.

Next you go on to say that free agent wide recievers don't want to play here because they may actually be scared away from Brady. That really really is dumb. Moss had the best season of his hall of fame career with Brady. Branch had the bests years of his career with Brady - christ even Reche Caldwell had the season of his life with Brady. David Givens I think liked playing with Brady - it made it so he got himself a 25 million dollar deal from the Titans (bet he liked that). Welker didn't do too shaby playing with Brady, neither did Stallworth or Gaffney. In fact Gaffney rejuvenated his career with him. I think unless you're Donald Hayes, Galloway or brain dead Ocho...you should be more than fine.

I do think the guy wants perfection from his recievers, but I think for the most part it has helped us and them.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow, I was unaware of the locker room issues. For what he gave on the field his cap hit was actually fairly decent but not in the locker room. Dump him and give the money to David Nelson. I'd be happy with that

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

The team did a pretty good job of keeping a lid on his behavior this past season. 

Well, if that's the truth. What "behavior"? All we've heard is that he preferred to listen to music while traveling than talk to teammates? Who cares? That's enough to cut someone?

I question the information.

No one said a word all year about anything and now this? Smelly.

BB better have some blockbuster move ready because two new flankers to have to learn this system and get into Brady's club so fast all over again, is a tough situation.

Maybe so but none us are in that locker room so we''ll never know the true reality till after the fact if ever.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Stallworth will be back and should be a decent #2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

We had him this past season and cut him. No other team picked him up so I don't think he'd be a decent #2

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, this clears up some things.  So, Welker will get signed, and we will rebuild the WR corps on the fly.  Probably bring back Branch, then find someone in  free agency.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

A couple of days ago I was saying the only way they let him go is if he's head case, well it looks like he might be. Previous reports said that the guy may actually be bipolar...sounds like that may be true. I honestly thought he played ok - nothing special, but gave us a little bit on the outside.

Yeah, we should have traded 2 1st rders and paid a bi-polar WR in Marshall instead.  Afterall, Parcells is a trailblazer in the GM realm.  bawhaha

In all seriousness, I heard this report earlier, but it's becoming very old to see Brady reject these WRs every year on the outside because they aren't stars. 

Now their flanker position is in absolute dire straits.   Imagine if Brady didn't throw 80% of the time to Welker, Gronk or Hernandez?

Maybe his numbers would have been better on a #1 offense. lol

The word is he's a quirky guy, but barring two slam dunk, well priced options, I don't agree with a quirky person who doesn't want to talk to a teammate, rather listen to music instead, as some reason to cut that production at that money.

Tim Thomas was quirky, too.

The best get someone who can do the 75 catches, 1000 yards, and make nice catches on the perimeter at the 4 million.  If this makes room for a push for Hartline, then it would be more palatable.

Lloyd had 70 catches, it's not like Brady ignored him - this isn't a situation like mushroom brain Ocho who couldn't read or write, this is about a guy that is a locker room nut job.

I don't know about this Hartline guy coming here - he already said he is not leaving Miami...Miami has the money...just don't see it. How good is Hartline on the outside? How good is he really? I know he did it for one season on a team that no one cared about, is he that good?

Where and when did he say he's not leaving Miami? Source please.

I want to say it was profootballtalk..I don't know? I think that was it. I may of went of a link from a story on him to a local Miami paper, he or someone close to him said he doesn't want to leave and the Dolphins don't plan on letting him go. Then last week I want to say Zolak and gresh were talking about him and they said something similar.

Of course it doesn't mean he won't leave, but it sounds like he sure doesn't want or have any plans to.  

Ok, well, then scratch him off the list.

I just put on that hyena Mazz to hear what they are babbling about and he is pining for Dwayne Bowe. Bowe leads the NFL almost every year in drops and has all kinds of baggage, but Tony Mazz is ranting and raving about how great he is as KC can't wait to see him go.  Priceless. 

It's like this constant search for this guy that can "stretch the field", but no one cares if the guy has no hands or wants to go over the middle.

It gets old seeing this ridiculous carousel for quality WRs in here. 

If you are tired of the WR carousel, you really,use be tired of the cb and safety carousels. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Excuses, excuses Russ. A defensive rebuild that has totaled to date 14 1st-3rd round picks since 2006, and numerous misses at cb and safety doesn't upset you?...yet, you are worried about an outside threat for a top 5 offense That has many weapons to begin with. I do agree we need one, but the WR position as you seem to characterize it being Brady's fault is not. He didn't n decide to not pay Branch or let givens go, or Patton or draft Jackson, Tate, etc. Bb did.

you sticking it to Brady every chance you get has become tired. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I will say that throwing down the middle is an easier read for a QB...it's right in his eye sight, but I think it's obvious to everyone that our talent is down the middle (Welker, Gronk, Hernandez). I don't in any way shape, or form think that Brady just locks into the middle and fires it there...pass, after pass after pass. He's not Bledsoe. Those inside targets get the ball all over the field - they get the ball more than the outside guys because they are better players. We've all seen Brady through outside to Branch, Moss, Givens and Patten...he has no problem throwing it out there...he has a problem throwing out to guys that aren't very good.

I think if the outside talent changes, we will see more throws out there and he did that with Lloyd - the guy was involved - 70 catches is NOT a guy being ignored. What's he suppossed to do? Throw to a washed up Branch that can't seperate from a high school corner right now? Throw to a Ocho Cinco that doesn't know how to read? Throw to a Taylor Price who thought he was big time because he ran a 4.4 and got drafted - then decided he didn't need to do a damn thing? I think if there is a player worthy of catches on the roster, he will get catches.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

He is a wacky dude. Cutting him also saves 4.9m against the cap. I will assume the Pats sign welker. I still think they need 2 wr's whether it be in FA, draft or a combo of both. 

i had said here i thought we should consider letting him go for he money we are paying him and to free more cap.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Wow, I was unaware of the locker room issues. For what he gave on the field his cap hit was actually fairly decent but not in the locker room. Dump him and give the money to David Nelson. I'd be happy with that

ok done 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

BB can't draft Recievers or DB's.  This has been an issue since 2006 and is well documented.  Your Buddy Reis even mentioned it a few days ago.

The failure rate is huge and the same with the Fa's .

The  constant turn over has NOTHING to do with Brady although he may give imput, but i'm sure it's nothing BB doesn't already know.

LLoyds problems are also well known.  He is Bi-polar and has failed with what, 6 teams now?  Was TB the QB on all those teams?  Dope.

Don't pretend you don't know this.  His recieving skills are also Bi-polar.  He misses the easy ones and grand stands for the hard ones in fact is has already been discussed that he makes them harder than they are by purposely slowing down and then diving for the pass.

He's afraid to be hit and is not risking anything for the sake of the team.  He had like 160 yac , all season, for cripes sake  Welker had nearly 700.

Andy Hart and Paul Perrillo and the gang talk about him all the time.  They hate Him!

They said he can be cool one minute and then be throwing daggers at you in the next.

He's a nut job!  No wonder you like him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In all seriousness, I heard this report earlier, but it's becoming very old to see Brady reject these WRs every year on the outside because they aren't stars.

Rusty you are insane.

No joke. The mindless Brady-bashing rhetoric from him never ends. Un-be-freaking-lievable.

The day after Brady shaves him contract to accomodate new (and hopefully better) personnel, Rusty is still bashing him. Wowzers.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

BB can't draft Recievers or DB's.  This has been an issue since 2006 and is well documented.  Your Buddy Reis even mentioned it a few days ago.

The failure rate is huge and the same with the Fa's .

The  constant turn over has NOTHING to do with Brady although he may give imput, but i'm sure it's nothing BB doesn't already know.

LLoyds problems are also well known.  He is Bi-polar and has failed with what, 6 teams now?  Was TB the QB on all those teams?  Dope.

Don't pretend you don't know this.  His recieving skills are also Bi-polar.  He misses the easy ones and grand stands for the hard ones in fact is has already been discussed that he makes them harder than they are by purposely slowing down and then diving for the pass.

He's afraid to be hit and is not risking anything for the sake of the team.  He had like 160 yac , all season, for cripes sake  Welker had nearly 700.

Andy Hart and Paul Perrillo and the gang talk about him all the time.  They hate Him!

They said he can be cool one minute and then be throwing daggers at you in the next.

He's a nut job!  No wonder you like him.

Lloyd is afraid to be hit? What about Brady?  Brady would rather launch INTs on 1st downs or duck phantom tacklers than be hit, apparently.

LLoyd is a reciever,  Recievers get hit all game long.  TB is a QB and not a very mobil one at that,  But he is ALWAYS getting hit, often 20x's a game which is WAY too much.

Brady also had the least ints of all the QB's last year.  His ints are ALWAYS low.

There is no QB in the league that doesn't throw ints.    TB throws less than most.

Learn the game.

Sections
Shortcuts