Report: Brandon Lloyd not expected back in 2013 due to...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Report: Brandon Lloyd not expected back in 2013 due to...

Wasn't a big Lloyd fan going back to last year before they signed him but I'm pretty surprised about this. What about a guy like Mohamed Massaquoi for a short term, cheap prove yourself type deal? He has pretty good size and showed some flashes but it just never came together for him in Cleveland. Could be a different story with an actual NFL quarterback passing to him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

BB can't draft Recievers or DB's.  This has been an issue since 2006 and is well documented.  Your Buddy Reis even mentioned it a few days ago.

The failure rate is huge and the same with the Fa's .

The  constant turn over has NOTHING to do with Brady although he may give imput, but i'm sure it's nothing BB doesn't already know.

LLoyds problems are also well known.  He is Bi-polar and has failed with what, 6 teams now?  Was TB the QB on all those teams?  Dope.

Don't pretend you don't know this.  His recieving skills are also Bi-polar.  He misses the easy ones and grand stands for the hard ones in fact is has already been discussed that he makes them harder than they are by purposely slowing down and then diving for the pass.

He's afraid to be hit and is not risking anything for the sake of the team.  He had like 160 yac , all season, for cripes sake  Welker had nearly 700.

Andy Hart and Paul Perrillo and the gang talk about him all the time.  They hate Him!

They said he can be cool one minute and then be throwing daggers at you in the next.

He's a nut job!  No wonder you like him.

Lloyd is afraid to be hit? What about Brady?  Brady would rather launch INTs on 1st downs or duck phantom tacklers than be hit, apparently.

LLoyd is a reciever,  Recievers get hit all game long.  TB is a QB and not a very mobil one at that,  But he is ALWAYS getting hit, often 20x's a game which is WAY too much.

Brady also had the least ints of all the QB's last year.  His ints are ALWAYS low.

There is no QB in the league that doesn't throw ints.    TB throws less than most.

Learn the game.

It's when they come.  When it's a close game, an INT is not recommended. Face it, Brady has struggled badly against the elite Ds in the shotgun spread base. We lost two SBS with it, one back in February of 2008, FIVE YEARS ago.

We lost 2 SB's to ELI the INT queen because our D couldn't even come up with oneagainst one of the worst INT QB's eva.    NOT one little INT against E-INT Manning is pathetic.

Worst Dfense ever!  114 DPR oh, my.

eli played very well in both of those postseasons....is he inconsistent? absolutely, but when he is on his game, he is pretty damn good.

He also outplayed Brady in SB 46 because Brady was so careless on a few key plays and Eli wasn't. He took what our D gave him, which was a bunch of underneath stuff and some FGs, but he didn't lose it like Brady did for us.

Eli was not pressured all game until the 4th quarter while Brady had to face the best pass rushing front 4 in the league and was harassed all game while his O-line played on their heels. I cant believe this stufff is always overlooked. Rusty will say stuff like Flacco outplayed Brady without mentioning that Flacco is going against a swiss cheese secondary with no pass rush and Brady is going against a top defense with playmakers and pass rushers. I recall in sb 46 we kept sending Meriweathr on the same blitz from the corner even thought it was innefective and Jacobs kept stoning him. So here we have the pats defense that cant even sniff Eli although they are blitzing and on the other side, Brady has less than 2 seconds to throw on every play with only 4 guys rushing and 7 back to cover...?? and Eli outplayed Brady?!?!?!    Learn the game! or better yet, watch another game cuz you will lever learn this one...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Who cares, bring in more slot WRs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

bring in Wallace or Bowe (after signing Welker).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The other comical thing is, NE's run game was superior to that of Balt's so Brady had it easier to produce more vs Balt. Once BJGE was benched with 50 yards at halftime to employ more shotgun spreads with Woodhead, Brady slowly did what he's been doing in the postseason a lot lately, most notably in second halves, which is to fade away. 

LMFAO @ this.  BJGE superior to Ray Rice?  Are you completely f'ing serious right now?  Your claims here are further exposed by the fact that NE scored 13 points in the first half of that game and 10 in the second.  So much for fading away.  The points scored were almost the same.

[QUOTE]

You get a hungry QB who has never been to a SB, one hungrier than Brady,

[/QUOTE]

More baseless assertions from you about Brady.  You have zero evidence this is true.

This is really the same old story from you.  You blame every element of this team's failures on Brady.  You turn every thread into a Brady bashing fest.  This thread is about Brandon Lloyd and you immediately turn it into Brady not wanting to work with Lloyd and whining at BB to get rid of him.  You provide zero evidence and when called on this proceed to derail the read by talking about how Brady sucks in the postseason.  Again.  You whine about Brady throwing INTs at the worst time claiming not all the parts of the game are created equal and then excuse the defense for giving up the game losing scores in both of our recent SB losses.  WTF is more important than the last drive of the game?  Earth to Rusty: THE DEFENSE DID NOT GIVE UP 13 POINTS IN SB 46 NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT IT TO BE TRUE.

Jesus Christ I mean I don't even agree with posters who want to put everything on our defense, but for the love of god will you quit with your incessant Brady bashing in every god dam thread.  Belichick seems intent on keeping Brady around despite the fact that you claim repeatedly that he has cost this team multiple championships and that we could get better QB play out of Alex Smith.  Nobody on this board agrees with you when it comes to Brady.  Literally no one.  Not Wozzy.  Not True Champ.  Or any of the other people you claim agree with you on other issues.  Why do you think that is?  Is the entire fanbase trolls, irrationals or pinkhats?  Look in the dam mirror.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

The other comical thing is, NE's run game was superior to that of Balt's so Brady had it easier to produce more vs Balt. Once BJGE was benched with 50 yards at halftime to employ more shotgun spreads with Woodhead, Brady slowly did what he's been doing in the postseason a lot lately, most notably in second halves, which is to fade away. 

LMFAO @ this.  BJGE superior to Ray Rice?  Are you completely f'ing serious right now?  Your claims here are further exposed by the fact that NE scored 13 points in the first half of that game and 10 in the second.  So much for fading away.  The points scored were almost the same.

More baseless assertions from you about Brady.  You have zero evidence this is true.

This is really the same old story from you.  You blame every element of this team's failures on Brady.  You turn every thread into a Brady bashing fest.  This thread is about Brandon Lloyd and you immediately turn it into Brady not wanting to work with Lloyd and whining at BB to get rid of him.  You provide zero evidence and when called on this proceed to derail the read by talking about how Brady sucks in the postseason.  Again.  You whine about Brady throwing INTs at the worst time claiming not all the parts of the game are created equal and then excuse the defense for giving up the game losing scores in both of our recent SB losses.  WTF is more important than the last drive of the game?  Earth to Rusty: THE DEFENSE DID NOT GIVE UP 13 POINTS IN SB 46 NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT IT TO BE TRUE.

Jesus Christ I mean I don't even agree with posters who want to put everything on our defense, but for the love of god will you quit with your incessant Brady bashing in every god dam thread.  Belichick seems intent on keeping Brady around despite the fact that you claim repeatedly that he has cost this team multiple championships and that we could get better QB play out of Alex Smith.  Nobody on this board agrees with you when it comes to Brady.  Literally no one.  Not Wozzy.  Not True Champ.  Or any of the other people you claim agree with you on other issues.  Why do you think that is?  Is the entire fanbase trolls, irrationals or pinkhats?  Look in the dam mirror.

THIS

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

If nothing else with Lloyd, he was part of an offense that was held pointless in the 2nd half of the biggest game in the year going into half time with a lead...

Clearly, something needs to change...

There are plenty of legitimate WRs on the market who are better than Lloyd, so maybe BB is looking to upgrade...

At least I hope he is...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

THIS

"THIS" my behind. Leave the board, Shizzly. Babe did it. You and Pezzy are next.

You mocking BB all day and night thinking you know more than him is a joke. Always has been.

You'll whine and mock his draft and FA moves whatever they are. Like clockwork.

The mods apparently think you need to leave, crusty.  Although you don't know how to take a hint.  Nevermind hint, they've told you repeatedly, in no uncertain terms..  So has ESPN, as you are repeatedly banned there too. 

Posters have told you repeatedly.  That list is growing daily.

You're "used to be allies" have told you.

Still you insist it's every one else who is wrong, besides your fake accounts.

And yes, the recent reset of accounts have proven you have fake accounts.  There's no denying that any more.

You used to have good input but now it's all about your sick obsession with TB.

It is sick!  You can't go one single thread without it.  Not one!  That's the definition of obsession, yet you call any one who defends him against your constant bashing, sick. 

How ironic.  In truth, every thing you accuse others of is the exact thing you are guilty of.

Not them.  YOU!

This is not normal behavior and it really needs to stop.  No one wants to hear it any more.

Get help!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

I thought Lloyd was decent, and I suspect he is "decent+1" next year, as he will have a better understanding of the O and what TB does/wants ... WE HAVE TO take his salary into account too !!! it is relatively modest.  Don't judge him on the same criteria as a $10mm/yr dollar WR!

So the media is reporting that he is being run out of town because he is - rude, uncommunicative, moody, surly, a jerk ... Geez, so I guess Belichick is going too then .... if that is the criteria going to be used to judge Pats ...

We have no other WRs under contract, Bill is too cheap to get a $10mm FA (Bowe/Wallace - neither of whom are worth $10mm imo) ... and the draft ain't gonna cut it  either, because Tom will get pizzed off with the new kid the first time he screws up a route and then ice him out of the offence for the rest of the season ....  and anyone thinks a resigned  Branch or Edelman is an answer???

My point here is that Lloyd is the best we have ... he ain't no Randy Moss (in prime), but he sure is a lot better than the recent cast of no-names we have had the last few years ... and remember he lasted the season ... Gronk/Herny have proven to be injury prone ...

I say keep Lloyd, move Herny to slot, have Gronk and the ex-Giant kid at TE, and draft a tall/fast WR in R1 or 2, and let him learn the Offence for the first 8 games.   Oh yeah and sign Welker if he is willing to be reasonable ... imo that means not a penny more than $7mm/yr ...(I love Wes, but age & wear and tear have to be taken into consideration) if he will not accept that then they have to chase a FA ... maybe Jennings can be had for $7/yr?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to CanadianPat's comment:

I thought Lloyd was decent, and I suspect he is "decent+1" next year, as he will have a better understanding of the O and what TB does/wants ... WE HAVE TO take his salary into account too !!! it is relatively modest.  Don't judge him on the same criteria as a $10mm/yr dollar WR!

So the media is reporting that he is being run out of town because he is - rude, uncommunicative, moody, surly, a jerk ... Geez, so I guess Belichick is going too then .... if that is the criteria going to be used to judge Pats ...

We have no other WRs under contract, Bill is too cheap to get a $10mm FA (Bowe/Wallace - neither of whom are worth $10mm imo) ... and the draft ain't gonna cut it  either, because Tom will get pizzed off with the new kid the first time he screws up a route and then ice him out of the offence for the rest of the season ....  and anyone thinks a resigned  Branch or Edelman is an answer???

My point here is that Lloyd is the best we have ... he ain't no Randy Moss (in prime), but he sure is a lot better than the recent cast of no-names we have had the last few years ... and remember he lasted the season ... Gronk/Herny have proven to be injury prone ...

I say keep Lloyd, move Herny to slot, have Gronk and the ex-Giant kid at TE, and draft a tall/fast WR in R1 or 2, and let him learn the Offence for the first 8 games.   Oh yeah and sign Welker if he is willing to be reasonable ... imo that means not a penny more than $7mm/yr ...(I love Wes, but age & wear and tear have to be taken into consideration) if he will not accept that then they have to chase a FA ... maybe Jennings can be had for $7/yr?

Good Post. I agree

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Good Post. I agree

Thanks 3-OG .... I thought I'd get skewered for not wanting to give Wes a blank check...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Good Post. I agree

Thanks 3-OG .... I thought I'd get skewered for not wanting to give Wes a blank check...

Yea I think his time is up. I dont get why everyone is happy that wes may be getting a 5 year deal which I think is too much. I also thnk 8 million is too much and I heard they may get into bidding war with Denver because Peyton would love to replace stokley with him but I say, let him walk. We should want better than that and Wes as tough as he is , is very limited and what im bout to say is gonna be looked at as hating, but I just dont see the fascination. Beyong toughness,and durability, what are u paying for.

I know times have changed, and players get more $$ every year but Troy Browns highest pay was 2.5 million a year and he did more IMO. Wes has a career punt return total of about 900 yards. Troy has almost 3,000 with 3 TDs and Wes has no TDs. Troy Brown Also proved capable of having 100 catch seasons but it wasnt imperative or necessary due to our strong run game and plethora of # 2 type WR s to go to to keep defenses guessing. Troy was also Clutch. (I dont think Wes makes that Catch Brown did in SB36 to get into Fg range to take lead, those are hands type catches he always drops). I cant think of any other slot WR's who were commanding that much money and none that got it. But, because the guy has a zillion catches in the last 5 years due to know other "consistent" options, he is looked like as the greatest Pat of all time and I think thats a disrespect to Mr.Patriot, T.Brown. 

Let him walk and we can get anyone to play the slot. Will they catch 100 balls, maybe not, but I think thats bad bizness cuz Wes is always beat up seasons end and doesnt give you anything once he gets his clock cleaned...so thats why I would spend  it on a real # 1 who can seperate. Wes is a 1st down machine, but how many realize how easy is it to defend. The defense knows he will be at the sticks and no further cuz he cant get past anyone downfield. He has NEVER outran anyone to a TD and always gets caught from behind. Im 36 y.o and faster than Wes Welker. Like I said, great guy and all but what are we paying for?? a slot wr with no speed or heigt who cant play outside and gets beat up all year taking hits over the middle and isnt clutch??  Im all set.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

Good Post. I agree

Yea I think his time is up. I dont get why everyone is happy that wes may be getting a 5 year deal which I think is too much. I also thnk 8 million is too much and I heard they may get into bidding war with Denver because Peyton would love to replace stokley with him but I say, let him walk. We should want better than that and Wes as tough as he is , is very limited and what im bout to say is gonna be looked at as hating, but I just dont see the fascination. Beyong toughness,and durability, what are u paying for.

I know times have changed, and players get more $$ every year but Troy Browns highest pay was 2.5 million a year and he did more IMO. Wes has a career punt return total of about 900 yards. Troy has almost 3,000 with 3 TDs and Wes has no TDs. Troy Brown Also proved capable of having 100 catch seasons but it wasnt imperative or necessary due to our strong run game and plethora of # 2 type WR s to go to to keep defenses guessing. Troy was also Clutch. (I dont think Wes makes that Catch Brown did in SB36 to get into Fg range to take lead, those are hands type catches he always drops). I cant think of any other slot WR's who were commanding that much money and none that got it. But, because the guy has a zillion catches in the last 5 years due to know other "consistent" options, he is looked like as the greatest Pat of all time and I think thats a disrespect to Mr.Patriot, T.Brown. 

Let him walk and we can get anyone to play the slot. Will they catch 100 balls, maybe not, but I think thats bad bizness cuz Wes is always beat up seasons end and doesnt give you anything once he gets his clock cleaned...so thats why I would spend  it on a real # 1 who can seperate. Wes is a 1st down machine, but how many realize how easy is it to defend. The defense knows he will be at the sticks and no further cuz he cant get past anyone downfield. He has NEVER outran anyone to a TD and always gets caught from behind. Im 36 y.o and faster than Wes Welker. Like I said, great guy and all but what are we paying for?? a slot wr with no speed or heigt who cant play outside and gets beat up all year taking hits over the middle and isnt clutch??  Im all set.

We are on the exact same song sheet regarding Wes ... this is a business about winning, not loyalty and paying for past performance ... The offence has not delivered in the playoffs for a few years now ....as Paul Perillo ... keeps saying, and he is right.  Where I come from if what you are doing is not working ... YOU HAVE TO CHANGE SOMETHING.

Wes is as tough as any midget that has ever played the game. But his shortcomings are glaring too ... his catch radius is small and as you point out he gets caught from behind every time.  I don't mean to run Wes down but he is not worth HUGE money at this stage of his career. In all honesty, I would not sign him for more than $5 mm/yr and no more than 3 yrs. He is replaceable by a combo of Herny and Edelman ... Herny is a lousy blocker, so why not just make him a WR in the slot?

I think Tom has gotten to reliant on Wes, and in the reg season that seems OK, but in the playoffs .... the results speak for themselves. Let's shake things up on the WR front a bit and see what happens ...

Once again my #1 choice is to:

Slot: Herny & Edelman ... with additional splitting out of Vereen or Demps

WR1 - FA - Bowe, Jennings, Wallace ... if they can get them for <$9mm/yr ... ie a TB/BB/NE discount! Last yr I was praying they would go after VJ, but ... too cheap ...

WR2 - Lloyd

WR3 - Draft - Tall fast in R1 or R2 to develop

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Good Post. I agree

We are on the exact same song sheet regarding Wes ... this is a business about winning, not loyalty and paying for past performance ... The offence has not delivered in the playoffs for a few years now ....as Paul Perillo ... keeps saying, and he is right.  Where I come from if what you are doing is not working ... YOU HAVE TO CHANGE SOMETHING.

Wes is as tough as any midget that has ever played the game. But his shortcomings are glaring too ... his catch radius is small and as you point out he gets caught from behind every time.  I don't mean to run Wes down but he is not worth HUGE money at this stage of his career. In all honesty, I would not sign him for more than $5 mm/yr and no more than 3 yrs. He is replaceable by a combo of Herny and Edelman ... Herny is a lousy blocker, so why not just make him a WR in the slot?

I think Tom has gotten to reliant on Wes, and in the reg season that seems OK, but in the playoffs .... the results speak for themselves. Let's shake things up on the WR front a bit and see what happens ...

Once again my #1 choice is to:

Slot: Herny & Edelman ... with additional splitting out of Vereen or Demps

WR1 - FA - Bowe, Jennings, Wallace ... if they can get them for <$9mm/yr ... ie a TB/BB/NE discount! Last yr I was praying they would go after VJ, but ... too cheap ...

WR2 - Lloyd

WR3 - Draft - Tall fast in R1 or R2 to develop

Exaclty!  Lets hope they if they do sign him, its a 3 year deal that still allows them to get a Real # 1 and let Lloyd flourish as a # 2 like he really is. Hernandez, Edleman, Vareen, Woody can together make up for wes but we still need to spread the ball more and throw it outside more and we need a #1 WR to do that .Lloyd is a good posession/sideline guy but not much more but def. worth keeping at 3m/year is Wes is worth 8.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I'm not sure how I feel about this move. Guess it depends on the WR market.

But reports are now surfacing that Bowe is likely to remain with the Chiefs.

Would not be surprised now to see if Jennings returns to the Packers. After hearing that he wouldn't take a pay cut, sounds more likely that Finley is the guy that will be out in GB.

Mike Wallace I assume will end up in MIA. They have too much of a need at WR and a lot of money to spend, I'd be surprised if Wallace isn't a Dolphin.

Leaves guys like Amendola, Hartline, Edelman, Nelson, Gibson, etc.

I think Hartline resigns with the Dolphins too be honest. It's a fit, and Hartline, Wallace and Bess would be a nice 3 WR combo.

Amendola and Edelman don't really strike me as a number 2 outside WR. I've seen them run deep routes, but I really think their best suited in the slot.

I like Gibson, but as the #1 outside WR? I'm not sure I like him in that role. Just curious who people see as the alternative

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

I'm not sure how I feel about this move. Guess it depends on the WR market.

But reports are now surfacing that Bowe is likely to remain with the Chiefs.

Would not be surprised now to see if Jennings returns to the Packers. After hearing that he wouldn't take a pay cut, sounds more likely that Finley is the guy that will be out in GB.

Mike Wallace I assume will end up in MIA. They have too much of a need at WR and a lot of money to spend, I'd be surprised if Wallace isn't a Dolphin.

Leaves guys like Amendola, Hartline, Edelman, Nelson, Gibson, etc.

I think Hartline resigns with the Dolphins too be honest. It's a fit, and Hartline, Wallace and Bess would be a nice 3 WR combo.

Amendola and Edelman don't really strike me as a number 2 outside WR. I've seen them run deep routes, but I really think their best suited in the slot.

I like Gibson, but as the #1 outside WR? I'm not sure I like him in that role. Just curious who people see as the alternative

I agree with this. Keep lloyd but get more help. LLoyd is ok as the # 2 WR and 3/4th option. Need a real # 1 but I disagree about Jennings. Everything Ive heard is that he wants to go play in Miami with his old O.C. and that he would flourish there. J.Jones made some noise last year and GB has a lot of issues so Jennings is gone IMO and i think he goes to Miami unless NE steps up and offers just as much money which I doubt but NE better be careful and thoughtful about these moves cuz it could mean the difference of wether or not we ever sniff a SB again. These last few years the offense hasnt looked so explosive come playoffs and Im not enthused about guys like D.Nelson who appears to be a favorite here. We need better than that IMO...I would sign and trade Wes to Arizona along with Mallet and a 1st round pick to get Larry Fitzgerald  :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to mannyortez3424's comment:

If nothing else with Lloyd, he was part of an offense that was held pointless in the 2nd half of the biggest game in the year going into half time with a lead...

Clearly, something needs to change...

There are plenty of legitimate WRs on the market who are better than Lloyd, so maybe BB is looking to upgrade...

At least I hope he is...

I think the largest problem with the offense is the lack of a deep threat. If the can't go deep the short game is less effective.

Sections
Shortcuts