Report: Brandon Lloyd not expected back in 2013 due to...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Report: Brandon Lloyd not expected back in 2013 due to...

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

BB can't draft Recievers or DB's.  This has been an issue since 2006 and is well documented.  Your Buddy Reis even mentioned it a few days ago.

The failure rate is huge and the same with the Fa's .

The  constant turn over has NOTHING to do with Brady although he may give imput, but i'm sure it's nothing BB doesn't already know.

LLoyds problems are also well known.  He is Bi-polar and has failed with what, 6 teams now?  Was TB the QB on all those teams?  Dope.

Don't pretend you don't know this.  His recieving skills are also Bi-polar.  He misses the easy ones and grand stands for the hard ones in fact is has already been discussed that he makes them harder than they are by purposely slowing down and then diving for the pass.

He's afraid to be hit and is not risking anything for the sake of the team.  He had like 160 yac , all season, for cripes sake  Welker had nearly 700.

Andy Hart and Paul Perrillo and the gang talk about him all the time.  They hate Him!

They said he can be cool one minute and then be throwing daggers at you in the next.

He's a nut job!  No wonder you like him.

Lloyd is afraid to be hit? What about Brady?  Brady would rather launch INTs on 1st downs or duck phantom tacklers than be hit, apparently.

LLoyd is a reciever,  Recievers get hit all game long.  TB is a QB and not a very mobil one at that,  But he is ALWAYS getting hit, often 20x's a game which is WAY too much.

Brady also had the least ints of all the QB's last year.  His ints are ALWAYS low.

There is no QB in the league that doesn't throw ints.    TB throws less than most.

Learn the game.

It's when they come.  When it's a close game, an INT is not recommended. Face it, Brady has struggled badly against the elite Ds in the shotgun spread base. We lost two SBS with it, one back in February of 2008, FIVE YEARS ago.

We lost 2 SB's to ELI the INT queen because our D couldn't even come up with one against one of the worst INT QB's eva.    NOT one little INT against E-INT Manning is pathetic.

Worst Dfense ever!  114 DPR oh, my.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

BB can't draft Recievers or DB's.  This has been an issue since 2006 and is well documented.  Your Buddy Reis even mentioned it a few days ago.

The  constant turn over has NOTHING to do with Brady although he may give imput, but i'm sure it's nothing BB doesn't already know.

LLoyds problems are also well known.  He is Bi-polar and has failed with what, 6 teams now?  Was TB the QB on all those teams?  Dope.

Don't pretend you don't know this.  His recieving skills are also Bi-polar.  He misses the easy ones and grand stands for the hard ones in fact is has already been discussed that he makes them harder than they are by purposely slowing down and then diving for the pass.

He's afraid to be hit and is not risking anything for the sake of the team.  He had like 160 yac , all season, for cripes sake  Welker had nearly 700.

Andy Hart and Paul Perrillo and the gang talk about him all the time.  They hate Him!

They said he can be cool one minute and then be throwing daggers at you in the next.

Lloyd is afraid to be hit? What about Brady?  Brady would rather launch INTs on 1st downs or duck phantom tacklers than be hit, apparently.

LLoyd is a reciever,  Recievers get hit all game long.  TB is a QB and not a very mobil one at that,  But he is ALWAYS getting hit, often 20x's a game which is WAY too much.

Brady also had the least ints of all the QB's last year.  His ints are ALWAYS low.

There is no QB in the league that doesn't throw ints.    TB throws less than most.

Learn the game.

It's when they come.  When it's a close game, an INT is not recommended. Face it, Brady has struggled badly against the elite Ds in the shotgun spread base. We lost two SBS with it, one back in February of 2008, FIVE YEARS ago.

We lost 2 SB's to ELI the INT queen because our D couldn't even come up with oneagainst one of the worst INT QB's eva.    NOT one little INT against E-INT Manning is pathetic.

eli played very well in both of those postseasons....is he inconsistent? absolutely, but when he is on his game, he is pretty damn good.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

Learn the game.

We lost 2 SB's to ELI the INT queen because our D couldn't even come up with oneagainst one of the worst INT QB's eva.    NOT one little INT against E-INT Manning is pathetic.

eli played very well in both of those postseasons....is he inconsistent? absolutely, but when he is on his game, he is pretty damn good.

He had 16 and 6 fumbles in 2011.  Couldn't even get one?

2010 25/5  wow!

20/9 in 2007.  Ya that's awesome.  20 freaken ints and 9 fumbles and the Pats D couldn't come up with one, from THAT,  when they are averaging 2-3 (fools gold) T/O's a game?

Not Good!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In all seriousness, I heard this report earlier, but it's becoming very old to see Brady reject these WRs every year on the outside because they aren't stars.

Rusty you are insane.

If you don't think Brady has say in what he likes in the postseason FA moves discussion at WR, YOU'RE insane.  He restructured last year because a system guy like Lloyd was available and could be had at reduced cost.

He does. Absolutely, no doubt.

Lloyd didn't get into the Brady club last year, so he's gone. Reche Caldwell as a #1 because BB had to trade Branch, bye bye Reche, we're going to trade for Moss and this little guy named Welker.

It's getting very tiring. The production was there, they need someone who can get behind Ds and know what to do in this system.

No one should care if he is't some locker room socialite.  Work hard, produce, etc.  That's all that matters. 

This little binky club is ridiculous. And the scapegoating has got to stop. They best have a plan here that trumps Lloyd at that money and production on the outside.

Rusty I thought your ridingwiththeking moniker was banned? I see over 10k posts and a 2011 first post date. What gives? Did BDC send you an engraved appology and reinstate you? The King avatar is killer though.......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I will say that throwing down the middle is an easier read for a QB...it's right in his eye sight, but I think it's obvious to everyone that our talent is down the middle (Welker, Gronk, Hernandez). I don't in any way shape, or form think that Brady just locks into the middle and fires it there...pass, after pass after pass. He's not Bledsoe. Those inside targets get the ball all over the field - they get the ball more than the outside guys because they are better players. We've all seen Brady through outside to Branch, Moss, Givens and Patten...he has no problem throwing it out there...he has a problem throwing out to guys that aren't very good.

I think if the outside talent changes, we will see more throws out there and he did that with Lloyd - the guy was involved - 70 catches is NOT a guy being ignored. What's he suppossed to do? Throw to a washed up Branch that can't seperate from a high school corner right now? Throw to a Ocho Cinco that doesn't know how to read? Throw to a Taylor Price who thought he was big time because he ran a 4.4 and got drafted - then decided he didn't need to do a damn thing? I think if there is a player worthy of catches on the roster, he will get catches.  

He wasn't ignored, but I heard Wiggins saying he expected Lloyd's 2010 numbers in this offense, which is absolutely impossible to come close to with Welker doing his thing and Gronk and Hernandez here, with Brady clearly prefering to wait on reads over midldle with those guys.

Fans shouldn't be begging to get someone like a LLoyd involved early in games or playaction set up by halftime.

Those are the kind out outlandish comments (from Wiggins) that concern me from analysts in this town, and this odd notion that whenever NE doesn't win a SB, let's scapegoat the new guy who plays with Brady. That's sort of what it sounds like. Last year, they had some ammo with Ocho, but again, with Branch still viable option, why is Brady's 5th choice needing to be dominant?  Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Branch, Ocho. Yet, Ocho needs to be savior?

It flat out makes no sense based on years of Brady either throwing deep to Moss or hitting Welker underneath (think Stallworth being useless by Week 6 in 2007 - He was phased out because Moss/Welker and Gaffney were plenty), or in 2010 he gets Gronk and Hernandez to go with Welker.

Just how many balls does Wiggins expect Brady to throw in a game with Welker, Hernandez and Gronk here?  Our lead RB had 1500 yards, too.  It's irrational.

Honestly, go look at some replays from this season. It's like, if Welker, Hern or Gronk don't break open or aren't open immediately of this obsession with "matchups", he's not even looking to the right, or especially his left.

If I can see this, you can bet Def Coordinators and people like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis see it.

This goes back to the idea of getting the flanker involved early in games.  Week 3, in Baltimore, Edelman was actually a beast in the first half before getting knocked out and it was because they were targeting him in the flank. Once he went down, they went back to focusing a lot on the over the middle stuff with Gronk and Welker, almost exclusively. The offense then sucked, stalled, the D couldn't hold it, and it's the same story.

It's so easy for Ds to gameplan and scheme knowing they have just have to bunch up the middle. It's worse in the red zone, too because he prefers to do the same thing, but in a tigher window.  THis is why games like in Seattle NE went 1/6 in the red zone.  That's flat out pathetic.

When was the last time he lobbed a TD in the corner of the end zone on a fade? You don't have to have Randy Moss to do that.

They don't need a Moss just two 6'2 type of guys with some range, which Lloyd does have, by the way. His radius is pretty good size. 

Yeah I agree with most of this to be honest. I think you mentioned he should of gone to Branch more in there - I don't agree with that. And you still mention Ocho. Let me ask you, did you like the Ocho trade when it happened? It came hours after the Haynesworth trade...I'll never forget that day...I was thinking...ok, I can see the gamble for Haynesworth - he's a planet person (there's just many of him on the planet), he's motivated, he's coming to the right team, he's going to be playing like Wilfork and if he performs he will land another huge contract. Add that into his age and I thought it was a brilliant gamble.

I thought the Ocho trade was nuts - didn't like it at all - I thought he was too old and I thought him coming off of a down year (this was clearly a player trending downwards). Having said that, I thought he might give you a little something on the outside...maybe 60 catches. Watching Ocho play, I thought it was obvious he didn't know the offense. Right from the very start I thought Brady avoided complementing this guy and I thought..uh oh, Brady doesn't like this guy at all. Brady won't throw a guy under the bus to the media, but when he doesn't complement them or it seems forced when asked about the player, I always think there is a problem. Bledsoe did the same thing.

So I think if they can get some young/bigger guys for the outside that can run, they will work their way into the offense. I do put it on Brady to make sure they get involved. I literally would tell Brady you stay after and work with these guys, you sit in on some of their meetings and you make sure they are paying attention. And you better look out there away from Welker on third downs during the regular season - I don't care if we lose some games, I don't care if your numbers are done...we will be better for it during the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Learn the game.

He also outplayed Brady in SB 46 because Brady was so careless on a few key plays and Eli wasn't. He took what our D gave him, which was a bunch of underneath stuff and some FGs, but he didn't lose it like Brady did for us.

He out played TB because he had the pleasure of playing the Pat's D.  75% completion of passes is unheard of,  unless of course, you are the playing the Pats D.  Then it's a given.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Learn the game.

He also outplayed Brady in SB 46 because Brady was so careless on a few key plays and Eli wasn't. He took what our D gave him, which was a bunch of underneath stuff and some FGs, but he didn't lose it like Brady did for us.

PLus a few long balls

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Learn the game.

PLus a few long balls

Nah. 1.   Nice throw, great catch. Our QB can't do that, apparently. 

Who is your QB?  Cam Newton?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Cutting off the conversation is not necessarily erratic behavior, especially if the exchange was repititive and pointless, unless the other player was Tom Brady.  ( Most of you would  want to disengage as soon as possible if you were actually speaking to many posters around here)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Learn the game.

He out played TB because he had the pleasure of playing the Pat's D.  75% completion of passes is unheard of,  unless of course, you are the playing the Pats D.  Then it's a given.

Yeah, I don't think 13 points allowed by our D, as they wait for 4 drives by our offense to get just a FG, in the SB is offensive. In fact, yep, I just checked, I know it's not.  It would have been the best defensive performance in a decade in the SB.

Our offense stinks, dude.  STINKS against the better Ds.

13 or 14 points is unacceptable. You're just going to have to take your Brady pink panties off that thick head of yours and admit we ain't winning playoff games by scoring 13 or 14 points.

The Defense stinks against all opponents.  You don't rank 29th in stopping 3rd downs for nothing.  You don't let 100 20+ yrd passes fly over your head for nothing,

The D is riding the coat tails of the O, plain and simple.  They only get t/o's when the O is scoring out of their minds.  They can't muster a single T/o to save their lives in close games and when it counts..

The only thing they are good at, T/O's is a mirage.  Fools Gold!  Who cares if they can stop a run (kind of) when no one is running on them.  Who needs to?  This is a passing league, remember?  What good is a D that can't stop a pass.  It makes no sense in a passing league to have a better (not saying much) run D.  No sense!  Why can't BB get better coverage guys?  We've been waiting for 6 yrs now.

Does he know this is a passing league? 

They allowed 13 points when?   Tho O scored in the second half.  They allowed the other O to score 3 of 4 times.  Not acceptable.

I really don't give a flip about points scored, Low points or high, it simply doesn't matter.

All that matters is the" W".  That's it.  If it takes the D pitching in to get that W, it never happens.  Never! 

Do you think the Ravens cried when they won that 7/6 game last year?

I don't.  That measly win got them in the play-offs and the TEAM won the SB.  Fact.

That measly 7 points they scored in that game was much more valuable than any 44-41 LOSS!  It cemented their legacy and the only way it did was because the  D allowed one less point.  That's how it works.  Not the amount of points.  Both sides have to come together as one.   For that to happen, the D can't blow the 7 or 9 or 13 point lead, time and time again. 

They blew the 13 and 9 point lead against Balt in one game for cripes sake.

BLEW IT! Imagine if they didn't?  Who would the Pats have played in the AFC?  Not the Ravens., that's for dam sure.      Live with it!  They suck!  Ask any body?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Learn the game.

PLus a few long balls

Against our secondary and pass rush he could.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Learn the game.

PLus a few long balls

13 points allowed waiting on 4 drives for our #1 offense to just get a FG and not turn it over, is something you'll never escape.

Live it. Brady will have to unless he can lead the team to a title again.

Zero rz stops, crusty.  To go along with zero picks and zero fumbles revovered and zero 3 & outs and zero stops in their own territory.

Do you know, it doesn't matter how many times you add zero to zero the result is still zero?

Pat's D='s ZERO

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Stallworth will be back and should be a decent #2.

Aren't most of our wide receivers "number two"? :-)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Bill Belichick just learned not to trust Josh McDaniels personnel recommendations. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Stallworth will be back and should be a decent #2.

Aren't most of our wide receivers "number two"? :-)

Well, when you have Welker and Gronkowski (and Hernandez) its hard for anyone else to but #2 or 3 or 4 or 5.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Learn the game.

PLus a few long balls

13 points allowed waiting on 4 drives for our #1 offense to just get a FG and not turn it over, is something you'll never escape.

Live it. Brady will have to unless he can lead the team to a title again.

Zero rz stops, crusty.  To go along with zero picks and zero fumbles revovered and zero 3 & outs and zero stops in their own territory.

Do you know, it doesn't matter how many times you add zero to zero the result is still zero?

Pat's D='s ZERO

I like the 13 points allowed myself. 2 FGS in the second half is more the reality than WHERE those stops happen to get the 6 points allowed in the second half.  Yep. Just checked. That's really what matters, not if it happened in the red zone or not.

13 points in this era in a game, waiting for a #1 offense to do ANYTHING of substance is realy what most intelligent folk would look at for that.

ya too bad it didn't stay at 13 points and the  D pooped their panties again.

When will it ever stop???  6 years and counting and still a multitude of worthless defensive players to be replaced again this year   How many more times will BB have to throw out the smelly trash before he gets it right?  2 more years, 4?  Can't be over 5 because the biggest reason they have won for the past 11 years will be retired.

Hopefully, TB willingness to sign a contract at half his value for the 3 yr extention, will pay off.  I wouldn't doubt if there's a "get me a f'n DEFENSE" stipulation clause in his contract.

That would be the wisest thing he ever did.

Sections
Shortcuts