Report: Meriweather the shooter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from laynard. Show laynard's posts

Report: Meriweather the shooter

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/17/report-meriweather-was-the-shooter/

This is gonna get worse before it gets better...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

Re: Report: Meriweather the shooter

Lets get this over with.  Just bring him on the Maury Povich show.  "You are not the shooter!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Consider the source: Dino Costa aka Media Troll

I need something more solid than this clown.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Report: Meriweather the shooter:
    [QUOTE]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/17/report-meriweather-was-the-shooter/ This is gonna get worse before it gets better...
    Posted by laynard[/QUOTE]

"Earlier tonight, our good friend (even when he calls me a bast#rd) Dino Costa of Sirius Mad Dog radio said on the air, citing an “impeccable source,” that Meriweather was the shooter.

And here’s where it gets even more interesting.  Costa said there’s talk that the two victims aren’t, you know, alive.

Given that their lawyer claimed publicly that the two men believe that Meriweather was the shooter, we suspect that the victims have not, you know, died.  But nothing will surprise us any more."

Case-in-point WHY the anti-Plater's Association folks keep offering articles from ProFootballTalk.....Food for D#mmies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Starlet has Three Babies by Space Alien, Elvis Shattered.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

No way Brandon is that stupid. It just isn't possible. You know who shoots people in public? Retarded thugs with nothing to lose. Not a millionaire. I know, it's happened before on rare occasions. But I can't imagine he could suffer from that level of mental retardation and it somehow escaped Belichick's attention. It just doesn't seem reasonable or rational to me.

When he is cleared, I hope he sues the hack that leaked the "info"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Well, if he's quoting an "impeccable source," I guess that's it then. Lock Meriweather up and throw away the key.

Incidentally, have I mentioned lately that sources close to me have it on reliable authority that I am the King of Sweden?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Meriweather the shooter:
    [QUOTE]Well, if he's quoting an "impeccable source," I guess that's it then. Lock Meriweather up and throw away the key. Incidentally, have I mentioned lately that sources close to me have it on reliable authority that I am the King of Sweden?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]Hey p-mike thats great news would you be so kind as to order some of those stunning Swedish girls to come and take care of me in my waning years!!! Sincerely,Michail Gustav the 5th

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: Meriweather the shooter : Hey p-mike thats great news would you be so kind as to order some of those stunning Swedish girls to come and take care of me in my waning years!!! Sincerely,Michail Gustav the 5th
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

I am nothing if not magnanimous.

Consider yourself on the list.

Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Quick look at this video before the bar association requires every copy to be destroyed again..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM0rbcmH7lo

Disclaimer:  Milk drinking while viewing is not recommended.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSTEAMER. Show SSTEAMER's posts

don't have to have money to have class............he was and always will be a thug.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: Meriweather the shooter : I am nothing if not magnanimous. Consider yourself on the list.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

you have to be careful with those sweedish girls...theyll catch you stuping half of america and then take you for 1/2 billion dollars and take your kids back to sweeden...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]The only impeccable source is the police department. I can't stand how people jump to conclusions based on hacks with an agenda. Writers used to have a moral obligation to print what they believe to be the truth, they backed it up and confirmed their sources. Now......they're a bunch of un-ethical hacks who scribble down anything that they know will get them printed. Well, take this story from Dino........would you care if some crack head gangsta thug from slipknot Fla. did it? That's what everyone believes happened so writing about that wouldn't be a story. But.......saying BM was the shooter will grab your eye right? And when you get to the top of your profession you can have pools live on the air to predict when someone will lose their livelyhood and then celebrate when it happens. Look, I've said this from the start, let the police perform their investigation. I don't know if BM did it and nobody else does until the investigation closes. If he did it I'll be right there with everyone saying what a moron he was but until then I'll go on the inocent until proven guilty thing I've heard about. p-mike, I have one for ya: What's 5,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean...............holding the hands of 5,000 reporters?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

What drives me nuts too, is the headlines that say "source".

How about this? If you can't name a source, or at least say whom the source represents, then forget listing it as credible.

"Source" and "Report" are nothing more than internet headlines to try to drive ratings.  Beyond annoying at this point.

All the crappy news outlets use these words and most of the time they aren't accurate.

Obviously, our ESPN friends LOVE using it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

More BS from the standard 'unnamed impeccable sources'? When a grand jury or the police actually files a charge against him then that would be 'an impeccable source'. Otherwise it's just more bloggers trying to sell stories.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

well sometimes the source   doesnt want too be named .OK iam not saying this is true or not about merriweather  time will tell,but got a question if a story came out about sanchaze sasaying a source said he was seen in a gay stri club wearing womans clothes would and of you  like twice about if its true?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I understand you don't name the source, but at least name the general organization the source represents.

If Merriweather was the shooter, he'd be in handcuffs by now.

Marvie Harrison was probably the shooter or at least owned a gun used in a crime, but he was never charged.

That one always smelled bad, but no one has reported who even owned the gun used in this crime.

We'll see, but it does seem odd they can't figure out who had the gun, who owns the gun and who did the firing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Yup.

Basically, a Journalism is degree means nothing in today's world.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]p-mike, I have one for ya: What's 5,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean...............holding the hands of 5,000 reporters?

I can't really argue with this, Sam. The wonderful wubbulous world wide web has done strange things to the Fourth Estate (which has pretty much finished the job of sawing off its own legs since I called it my home), and the fact that anyone, anywhere believes anything, at any time, attributed to "sources" or "sources close to . . . " or "impeccable sources" is just further evidence of the insufferable and unstoppable march of insidious idiocy. In point of fact, it stupefies me to see otherwise reasonable people right here in our own forum spewing the "you have to protect the source" mantra. That is boolsheet of the purest ray serene. If the "source" --any source -- needs to be "protected" for telling the truth, then what you've got is suspect "truth." And please, don't give me any of that Woodward and Bernstein nonsense. "Journalists" have taken the idea that -- once in  a generation (maybe) -- a story comes along that actually puts its reporter at risk to mean that now -- with the proliferation of media outlets afforded us by the fascinating (relatively new) technolology -- that attribution has beome superfluous, and you can now say whatever you want and hide behind the ubiquitous firewall of "sources." It's reached a point where even people who used to be good at their jobs don't bother to report correctly anymore, because they've fed us pablum for so long, we've become convinced it's prime rib.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it . . .   if all you can tell me about your sources is that they are sources, you don't have any sources; and if you can't attribute your information reliably, you don't have any information.

Rant ends here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Yup. Basically, a Journalism is degree means nothing in today's world.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Given that most 'news' these days consists of screaming clowns like Glenn Beck I'd have to agree. News is a business that's more interested in profit than fact and nothing sells better than sex and violence.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Terrible journalism!

If the two victims were dead, wouldn't their lawyer (if no-one else) put that out to the media, instead of, ya know, casually throwing that part into the article.

Besides, when was the last time that, ya know, we read an article where the author/journalist, ya know, uses 'ya know' as a way to make a point.

What makes this worse is that the 'report' is written by Mike Florio and sites an unnamed source found by Dino Costa, who is obviously not a Mike Florio fan.  Mike was obviously listening to Dino's radio show and bases his 5 paragraph 'report' on what he heard.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a60ad3727-cb19-477e-88a5-57a77dde40b3&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:60ad3727-cb19-477e-88a5-57a77dde40b3Post:5a62aac9-6cb9-48dc-8211-decfbf0185db " /> Re: Report: Meriweather the shooter : Don't forget knocking someone down my Evil friend. The vultures love to prey upon anyone influential caught in even the smallest incidents......that's what sells right? Demi bending over at the beach, Charlie cranking lines, atheletes getting in trouble, business exec's caught scamming our cash. Why doesn't the news report good things first? Maybe if they set an example of all the good going on and then mention the horrific things maybe people would do more good?

Now I ain't gonna speak on behalf of anyone else, but...Baby, I'M ready for the weekend!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: Meriweather the shooter : Given that most 'news' these days consists of screaming clowns like Glenn Beck I'd have to agree. News is a business that's more interested in profit than fact and nothing sells better than sex and violence.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Absolutely true.  It's actually more difficult to get real news, yet the irony is, there are far more channels for news today than there was even 15 years ago.

It's flat out scary what some people choose to believe.

9/10 people have their minds made up what they think is right and then they seek out a "news source" to support what they feel/think as fact.

Then, they reference that source and tell you it's a fact.

It's like Josef Goebbels school of propaganda, basically.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a60ad3727-cb19-477e-88a5-57a77dde40b3&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:9690Discussion:60ad3727-cb19-477e-88a5-57a77dde40b3Post:5a62aac9-6cb9-48dc-8211-decfbf0185db " /> Re: Report: Meriweather the shooter : Don't forget knocking someone down my Evil friend. The vultures love to prey upon anyone influential caught in even the smallest incidents......that's what sells right? Demi bending over at the beach, Charlie cranking lines, atheletes getting in trouble, business exec's caught scamming our cash. Why doesn't the news report good things first? Maybe if they set an example of all the good going on and then mention the horrific things maybe people would do more good?

So many people are miserable with their lives, they try to keep distracted and be delighted with the plight of someone who is more successful.

Look at all the demand for reality shows or the rags like the National Enquirer.

Schadenfreude. 

"A New York Times article in 2002 cited a number of scientific studies of schadenfreude, which it defined as "delighting in others' misfortune." Many such studies are based on social comparison theory, the idea that when people around us have bad luck, we look better to ourselves. Other researchers have found that people with low self-esteem are more likely to feel schadenfreude than are people who have high self-esteem.[23]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

This is also why NFL fans think Spygate was real. Their team lost to NE or blows, so they need something as an excuse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

This report is the biggest bunch of horse **** I've ever seen.  Atrocious journalism.  The victims might be dead?  Really?  The guy who was grazed across the cheek with a bullet and then talked to his lawyer about it?  If Meriweather is innocent (and I still think he is), he should sue this sorry excuse for a journalist for everything he's got.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

Well there goes another 500,000.00 and a first round pick.