Report: Patriots source says Bill Belichick ‘hates’ Tim Tebow as an NFL player

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Report: Patriots source says Bill Belichick ‘hates’ Tim Tebow as an NFL player

Tim Tebow’s future as an NFL quarterback has been a hotly debated topic since his freshman season at Florida. Three years after Tebow was drafted in the first round by the Denver Broncos and nine days after the New York Jets placed him on waivers, the former Heisman Trophy winner finds himself without an NFL job.

Sports television network execs may be waiting to pounce on the world’s most influential athlete according to Forbes, but are there ANY teams still considering taking a chance on Tebow behind center?

Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports reports the same hype and media circus that makes Tebow attractive for ratings and sponsors is likely keeping him out of most NFL camps. Some of the chatter Silver dissects includes a Patriots source saying the team is unlikely to sign Tebow because Coach Bill Belichick “hates” him as a player. The Patriots, with offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels — the former Broncos coach who drafted Tebow — have been linked to Tebow as a possible destination. But the Patriots’ source said the team won’t take a chance on Tebow as a situational player because “they wouldn’t like the circus that comes with it.

Circus seems to be a familiar thread that NFL executives fear when considering adding Tebow to their roster — even if it’s of no fault of his own. He’s a proven leader, but his poor mechanics, footwork, throwing motion and lack of accuracy appear to be too much of a gamble when combined with the media and fan frenzy that have followed his NFL career in Denver and New York.

Silver reports:“He seems like a great guy to have on a team, and I’d be tempted to bring him in as our backup,” one NFC head coach said  Wednesday. “But it’s just not worth dealing with all the stuff that comes with it.”

In a business in which coaches and general managers strive to avoid distractions, Tebow, as one NFC offensive coordinator told me last spring, carries more of a stigma than Terrell Owens.

Or, in the words of one AFC head coach to whom I spoke recently: “You don’t want to put up with the circus.”

http://tracking.si.com/2013/05/09/bill-belichick-hates-tim-tebow-as-player/?sct=obnetwork

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Report: Patriots source says Bill Belichick ‘hates’ Tim Tebow as an NFL player

Old news, but it's obvious that Brady isn't a fan of his either. 

I've never seen Brady get so animated for a team like Denver that we had no history against under John Fox. I've seen him spike the ball in Pittsburgh and against the Jets and Dolphins, but he loved scoring points on Tebow.

There's no way BB brings him in, Brady won't be happy with that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Report: Patriots source says Bill Belichick ‘hates’ Tim Tebow as an NFL player

It feels vindicating after having to deal with the legions of Tebow fans on this board proclaiming time and time again that we need him because he's just a winner

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Tebow is like soccer. He has all these fans that can't accept the fact that a lot of people don't give a crap and don't want anything to do with him. 

I have nothing personal against Tebow (soccer), I'm sure he (it) is a great guy (a fine game). I just don't want anything to do with him (it). He (It) does nothing for me. So if Tebow (soccer) worship is your thing, more power to you. Just count me out and save your breath. You are never going to convince me that Tebow (soccer) is a good football player (interesting sport worth spending ten seconds watching or thinking about).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB had Tom Brady take Mr. Tebow out to dinner.  Hopefully that would be the seal of approval and the Jets would pounce on him.  Denver got him in the first round.  However, not all was lost.  When Denver wanted to let him go, the Jets gladly paid a fourth rounder and they picked up Mr. Tebow's $5 million salary too. 

I expect that good Mr. Kraft (either the father or the son) picked up that dinner tab with a smile.  Oh, to have Mr. Tebow in the AFC and on an opponent's team! 

Mr. Tebow can't run that fast so I don't know if he'll ever be a fullback.  Nor is his passing accuracy any good so he's not a quarterback.  At least he earned ten million dollars in his career, more than most NFL players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Wonder how much BB hates that this is a headline?...whoever leaked this will get his a $ $ chewed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Tebow is like soccer. He has all these fans that can't accept the fact that a lot of people don't give a crap and don't want anything to do with him. 

I have nothing personal against Tebow (soccer), I'm sure he (it) is a great guy (a fine game). I just don't want anything to do with him (it). He (It) does nothing for me. So if Tebow (soccer) worship is your thing, more power to you. Just count me out and save your breath. You are never going to convince me that Tebow (soccer) is a good football player (interesting sport worth spending ten seconds watching or thinking about).

Lol.  Next time I'm out of country and I get asked about futball.  I have an inverted answer.  Why soccer is like Tebow !

Sections
Shortcuts