Report: Patriots trying to keep Bodden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Report: Patriots trying to keep Bodden

This would be NICE!! - C'mon Patriots...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Report: Patriots trying to keep Bodden

Personally, I don't understand the love affair many fans have with this guy. He seemed to play worse and worse as the season wore on, and he failed nearly every eyeball test I have. Often times when I was lambasting a DB, it was good ol' #23...not finding the ball in the air, seemingly in position but can't make a play...seeing how the CB market seems to be way over-inflated, let someone else overpay him. I'd rather hand the job to Butler/Wilhite/Weatley/Unknown Rookie.

Also, is Bodden going to disappear just like after he inked his last big money contract? I'm all set with him.

I would have, however, swapped out a 'D' for an 'L', an 'E' for an 'I', and given up a #2 and $28mil for him...even if he doesn't play corner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

TO ME, PATRIOT DB IS A MESS. TO THEM, THEY "THINK" IT'S FINE. "WILHITE HAD  A FEW PROBLEMS THAT CAN BE CORRECTED" NOT! "WHEATELY, WHEN HEALTHY, WILL CONTRIBUTE(LIKE CRABLE???) NOT!. BUTLER LOOKED GOOD BUT NEEDS MATURING." NOT! AND SPRINGS IS 35 YEARS OLD-UGH!!!. "MERRIWEATHER IS GOING TO BE AN ALL-STAR." NEVER!!! TOO BUSY WITH WILHITE, RIGHT DURING PLAYS IN THE GAME, KEEPING BEAT TO THE MUSIC IN THE STANDS. MARSHALL IS JUST A SUB, AS IS MCGOWAN. AND CHUNG IS TOO BUSY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHERE TO GET HIS NEXT TATOO, BOTH WHERE THERE IS STILL BLANK SPACE STILL ON HIS BODY,AND WHAT LOCAL TATOO PARLOR HE HAS YET BEEN TO.THEY BETTER KEEP BODDEN!!! STOP WASTING TIME AND GET HIM SIGNED!!! THEN EITHER AGGRESSIVELY SIGN ANOTHER VETERAN FA CB, AND/OR DRAFT 1 OR 2. PLUS DRAFT MYRON ROLLE WITH ONE OF THE 2ND ROUND PICKS, SIGN HIM, AND IMMEDIATELY APPOINT HIM  "LEADER IN THE DEFENSIVE BACKFIELD" THE PATRIOTS COULD DO A LOT WORSE- JUST WATCH!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

WOW!, to listen to many in here the Patriots defensive backs are horrible. Well, I think these people are posers or need to switch to decaf.

First off Bodden is solid if they can get a deal done with him that they are willing to pay for. I am not sure he is worth top 3 money at his position but he certainly is worth in the ball park of it. And Butler I think is a good young CB that might really step up this year but he will be no worse then a really good Nickle corner. The Safeties are set with youth and tallent there. Merriweather and chung and Sanders make a good trio for those spots and McGowan is not just a sub he could start for most NFL teams. He knows how to shut down those large WR's or TE's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Wilitte & Wheatley are terrible - I agree with that - but it's not about them, this is about Bodden - I think the Pats need to re-sign this guy.  He was out most consistent player at CB last yr and I like his size.   Tx DeBlade...agree with you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

losing Bodden would be a huge step back to square one with chemistry with the corners............they need to sign this guy......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

First, they need to sign Bodden.  You don't let your best performing DB of 2009 walk after a rebuilding year.

Second, I think the DBs were much improved, but the weak pass rush in th efront seven made the DBs look vulnerable.  Let's face it, the DBs can only cover a player so long.  By the end of the games they were gassed, then they were picked apart. 

The Pats took two essential steps toward moving forward to resolve this problem - signing Wilfork and Banta-Cain.  Sign Bodden and they have done better than a lot of other teams have done in F/A, that lost their key F/As.

I suspect these DBs will all look a lot better next year, having played together another year.  The TE, WR, RB, RT and LB situations are more pressing right now, IMO.  They can't be expected to improve every position in one season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

unless you have players that are real good and can play man coverage.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Patriots trying to keep Bodden:
    unless you have players that are real good and can play man coverage.
    Posted by mosseffect43

The problem is that under modern rules the threshold for that has been raised completely. When I was younger there were any number of CBs that were considered shut-down types.

Now there is generally one, and that only lasts for three years or so until his skills start to decline at the ripe age of 27 or 28.

It has been 34 seasons since Bailey was considered the "best".  Asomugha was the best, but is already slowing down. Now it is Reavis, and I hope he enjoys his three year run ahead, because as soon as he looses a step, the rules will make it impossible for him to truly shut anyone down.  

Back in the 1990s there were, at any point in time, like five or six guys that would be considered shut-down man coverage guys. 

They would all likely be garbage in the post Mungy except for Primetime. But he would have been over the hill by 28 anyways. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Report: Patriots trying to keep Bodden:
    Wilitte & Wheatley are terrible - I agree with that - but it's not about them, this is about Bodden - I think the Pats need to re-sign this guy.  He was out most consistent player at CB last yr and I like his size.   Tx DeBlade...agree with you.
    Posted by NOISE

agree, we need to keep Bodden and shed Wilhite and Wheatley-these guys ahve been a bust

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepats51. Show nepats51's posts

just heard the pats have a nice offer on the table!!!!! so its all on bodden now!

Sections
Shortcuts