Report: Ravens may 'very well' release Boldin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Report: Ravens may 'very well' release Boldin

Always good to keep an eye on the competition in any business including conference opposition (Steelers, Ravens, Broncos).

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

I don't see you talking about it. You and he mocked me for warning about Pitt and Balt having a long road down these last 2 years. This was when I was telling you two inbreds that what BB was doing was a better way and more methodical. But, you both sat there and mocked BB.  lol

LOSERS

If Ray Ray doesn't ANNOUNCE his retirement and they get hot here late in the year, they're not even in the position they're in. Then again, good thing he used deer antler spray to roid up and make his phoniness complete.

Their own fans don't even realize that they're teams are going to be struggling in upcoming years. If Balt doesn't win it all, then their short window gamble and one last ditched effort with the old guard was all for not, just likes our 2007 was.  You're just too dumb to see the parallels. LOL

You claim it's what I do, but I nailed the Jets situation and will probably close in nailing what will happen to the Steelers and Ravens.

Meanwhile, we still wait on Brady not to lay an egg in January. lol

Wait - so last year NE got to the SB through Baltimore and an uncalled PI.  This year Baltimore got to the SB through NE straight up. 

How has that been a long road down for Baltimore.  and if they end up winning the SB, that suggests that they were actually better these last 2 years than NE. 

Now if you are more willing to say Belichick's done a more Polian like job of keeping the team competitive while not necessarily providing enough to get over the hump, then I'd ask a different question. 

As a fan what do you want, 1) year in and year out competitiveness or 2) would you sacrifice a couple of years near the top for a SB victory?  

I watched the colts suffer through years of really bad defense that Manning disguised during the regular season only to have it exposed vs. better offensive teams during the playoffs (I sound like Babe now don't I?). 

NE more than ever looks like the colts team they used to beat in the early 2000's.  That doesn't bode well for postseason success.  NE always seems to have cap room, but never seems to use it.  I don't know if that's belichick's fault or Kraft's fault, but it surprises me that each year they are so close to getting over the top and have money to potentially get them there, but don't use it. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Children, please!!!  Keep to the discussion!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

i was hoping the debate would be between whether or not the Pats should or shouldn't attempt to sign him rather than who predicted he would be released. 

It depends on what he wants for money. He's not a #1 WR and might only be a #3 given his age and wear. Love to have his size on the team but it depends on the cost. Lloyd money sure but anything more I'd rather toss it in to get a CB or a better WR like Bowe

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

5-8 million in cap room isn't much at all. That's considered spending to the cap by smart orgnizations. You don't want to leave yourself any closer any year. That doesn't equate to good management.

^^^Bawahahahaha!! Yup! NOT spending to the cap two years in a row were excellent management decisions...for saving money, not winning the Super Bowl. I love it! Here we have a 35 year old hall of fame QB - with a window rapidly closing - and NOT spending to the cap is smart? Well that's just splendid!

Once again...one more time. We are NOT some small market team in some sleepy village that no one has ever heard or cares about. This is Boston/New England. We have a hall of fame quarterback and a hall of fame coach...both of which are not getting any younger. Our roster could be better - that was proven two weeks ago...last year...the year before...the year before that too. Five to eight million is not chump change, it's the difference between a Steven Gregory and a Dashon Goldson. It's the difference between a Fenene and Red Bryant. It's the difference between winning a Super Bowl and watching the Giants methodically pick apart your defense. How many sacks did we have on Joe Flacco and Eli Manning in the playoffs the last two years???? None? One? What was Flacco and Manning's third down completion rate in the playoffs against us? I bet Eli and Joe absolutely loved playing against our defense - we probably single handily just made Flacco one of the highest paid quarterbacks in the NFL off his last performance against us. This is good?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Pats shouldn't sign him, they should hope Torrey Smith gets axed instead. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

5-8 million in cap room isn't much at all. That's considered spending to the cap by smart orgnizations. You don't want to leave yourself any closer any year. That doesn't equate to good management.

^^^Bawahahahaha!! Yup! NOT spending to the cap two years in a row were excellent management decisions...for saving money, not winning the Super Bowl. I love it! Here we have a 35 year old hall of fame QB - with a window rapidly closing - and NOT spending to the cap is smart? Well that's just splendid!

Once again...one more time. We are NOT some small market team in some sleepy village that no one has ever heard or cares about. This is Boston/New England. We have a hall of fame quarterback and a hall of fame coach...both of which are not getting any younger. Our roster could be better - that was proven two weeks ago...last year...the year before...the year before that too. Five to eight million is not chump change, it's the difference between a Steven Gregory and a Dashon Goldson. It's the difference between a Fenene and Red Bryant. It's the difference between winning a Super Bowl and watching the Giants methodically pick apart your defense. How many sacks did we have on Joe Flacco and Eli Manning in the playoffs the last two years???? None? One? What was Flacco and Manning's third down completion rate in the playoffs against us? I bet Eli and Joe absolutely loved playing against our defense - we probably single handily just made Flacco one of the highest paid quarterbacks in the NFL off his last performance against us. This is good?

So, if a team cuts a guy say in August or Sept, without 5-7 mil in space, NE can't even compete to add that player from another team. Gee, super!  Way to keep your leverage as a GM, Hurlie!  You're a super duper smart guy!

You're an idiot if you think it's smart to spend to the penny every year.

Period. An idiot.

Tom Brady meanwhile, takes up 20+ million on the cap since 2010, and his playoff performances with loaded personnel all over the place has been subpar for his standards.

Maybe Brady should take a paycut with special permission from the union so his value doesn't look so awful up against the cap?

during the regular season, brady is worth every penny of that 20 mil.....during the postseasons of late however, he hasnt been worth half of that.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

So, if a team cuts a guy say in August or Sept, without 5-7 mil in space, NE can't even compete to add that player from another team. Gee, super!  Way to keep your leverage as a GM, Hurlie!  You're a super duper smart guy!

Period. An idiot.

Tom Brady meanwhile, takes up 20+ million on the cap since 2010, and his playoff performances with loaded personnel all over the place has been subpar for his standards.

Maybe Brady should take a paycut with special permission from the union so his value doesn't look so awful up against the cap?

Why would a team cut a guy in August or September? Oh yeah, it's because that's what teams do, they cut players...lots of them. Why? Becasue the salary cap (at least the NFL one) is the most fluid thing in all of sports.

So let us hypothetically say we are just super snug against that cap heading into the season - which would also mean we went out and signed some high quality free agents - and we see someone get cut that is of high quality, that we just had to have...what do you think we could do? Well first off because we had signed high quality free agents there is the possibility we wouldn't want/need to sign such a player. Second, we could could cut someone to sign this mystery player that got cut in August...amazing! Third, if said player were being cut in August chances are he is having a drop in production, or comes with some other problem (see Talib when talking about problems)...so in theory said player's leverage would be low, which would mean he could be had at a discount price perhaps. Which would in turn mean we would not have to reduce our "tight" cap number by much. Fourth, we just don't sign the sorry sad cut player:(

I'm sorry if I don't agree that it is stupid to spend to the cap every year, especially when you have a hall of fame quarterback that has a window that is rapidly closing. I'm sorry if I laugh my face off reading your stupid predictions blow up in your face day after day...after day. I can't help it, it's just too much fun! Hey, remember when you spent an entire summer defending Brandon Merriweather? That was fun watching that. Or when you would defend Maroney to no end? Or Chung? Arrington? It's fun watching you make a fool out of yourself and continue to bash Brady.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

IDK how much does Boldin have left in the tank? He hasn't been as good the past few years. I'd like to see them draft or pick up a young guy who can flat out fly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Period. An idiot.

No way man, you have to save money because theres going to be a time where you need to  sign a guy after someone gets hurt

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Period. An idiot.

Why would a team cut a guy in August or September? Oh yeah, it's because that's what teams do, they cut players...lots of them. Why? Becasue the salary cap (at least the NFL one) is the most fluid thing in all of sports.

So let us hypothetically say we are just super snug against that cap heading into the season - which would also mean we went out and signed some high quality free agents - and we see someone get cut that is of high quality, that we just had to have...what do you think we could do? Well first off because we had signed high quality free agents there is the possibility we wouldn't want/need to sign such a player. Second, we could could cut someone to sign this mystery player that got cut in August...amazing! Third, if said player were being cut in August chances are he is having a drop in production, or comes with some other problem (see Talib when talking about problems)...so in theory said player's leverage would be low, which would mean he could be had at a discount price perhaps. Which would in turn mean we would not have to reduce our "tight" cap number by much. Fourth, we just don't sign the sorry sad cut player:(

I'm sorry if I don't agree that it is stupid to spend to the cap every year, especially when you have a hall of fame quarterback that has a window that is rapidly closing. I'm sorry if I laugh my face off reading your stupid predictions blow up in your face day after day...after day. I can't help it, it's just too much fun! Hey, remember when you spent an entire summer defending Brandon Merriweather? That was fun watching that. Or when you would defend Maroney to no end? Or Chung? Arrington? It's fun watching you make a fool out of yourself and continue to bash Brady.

REALLY good players get cut every August out of nowhere, dummy. How can you be this stupid? In your world you want BB spending to the hilt in by the end of May to make you feel all warm and cuddly inside all summenr, like a little girl on Santa's lap. LOL

What a tool. Are you able to balance your checkbook ok, Cupcake?  Oh, I don't think so!

Actually, no I don't remember defending Meriweather. I remember you and others twisting my words, though.

How I can say he took bad angles and was a reckless tackler, somehow turn into me "defending Meriweather", I have no idea. But, boy, are you desperate or what Cupcake?  Desperate times and embarrassment call for desperate measure from you.

How's Mike Tannenbaum doing? Remember the guy that you thought was doing better than BB just 2 short years ago? LOL!!

Heck, I'd be embarrassed too.

Me asking to let the 2012 season with Chung to play out is not "defending Chung".  Also, I wanted BJGE promoted, so why would I "defend" the tapdancing in inconsistency of Maroney?  Just because he bailed out Brady in the 2007 AFC title game, picking up Brady's 3 INTs, with an outstanding 4th qtr of running, doesn't mean I was "defending" Maroney.

Maybe someone with a low IQ might see it that way or someone who vbery well might be gay and turned on by Tom Brady to the point they can't see how AWFUL he's been in THREE straight home AFC title games. Hmm.

Seems kind of odd to ignore the fact that Brady himself (no one else) has been AWFUL as a QB at home leading this team in AFC title games, doesn't it?  Why would you ignore that, Cupcake? Hmm?

Hey, remember when you told us you were a teacher but are too embarrassed to tell us what class you teach by not denying it's Home Ec?

lmao

PS You do realize that BB signed both Brian Waters and Mark Anderson VERY late in the 2011 camp, right, Cupcake? Both were signed in AUGUST.  AUGUST.

If BB goes beserk in the spring and signs all these FAs right to the cap, that doesn't happen, Corky. See how dumb you are? Enjoy being dumb, don't ya?

NE went to the SB last year.  It's a shame Andre Carter went down, but your man lust for Brady blinds you from seeing how AWFUL Brady has been in second halves in particular for 5 of the last postseasons.

FIVE.

2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012.

Truth HURTS.

We're all waiting on Brady. Train is loaded, ready to go. Is Brady?

And to think all this was written with a 152 IQ!! Bawahaha! My lord you have to be the most delusional football fan in the world. Go take your Merriweather poster down...Alex Smith too.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

as far as boldin, i wouldnt mind seeing the pats sign him, but he probobaly will be asking for too much.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

Period. An idiot.

No way man, you have to save money because theres going to be a time where you need to  sign a guy after someone gets hurt

That's what I said.  Hurlie thinks otherwise. Hurlie wants the cap night and tight by May so he and Tony Mazz can feel secure all summer long. lmao

You need 5-8 million in case someone gets hurt?? You mean those undrafted free agents that are sitting on their coach in October are going to cost 8 million? Or how about the 34 year old washed up corner that has spent September, October and November selling life insurance? He going to cost 8 million? Or here's a crazy idea....any chance the 4th string safety or 3rd string guard could get released if you had to bring someone in? I mean we sign guys on Friday, have them not dress on Sunday and release them the following Tuesday. You telling me the guys we bring in off the street to play backup gunner on special teams are getting 8 million for three days work? Wow, no wonder you bashed guys "faking" depression post NFL career...they spoiled!! Lol!

Hey I guess you're right! We shouldn't of spent to the cap after all...it's helped us so much against the better, deeper and more physical teams in the playoffs the last eight years!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Ok On post,  Boldin would be an upgrade over LLoyd, depends on $$$. Boldin can go up and catch a speedball where Lloyd is an acrobat and seems to hesitate in his routes ..... many of us thought Lloyd was the answer to the WR problem but not IMO.

But Russ, here is a double standard you use, against Brady again. The deal with the Ravens signing Flacco would mean to cut players because of the cap constraints signing Flacco to a big contract. On the other hand the Pats sitting at about $18 mill over the cap don't need to cut players or even renegotiate with Brady.

Sure the salary cap space is fluid and can always change with roster transactions but fluidity comes with a price as cutting players, renegotiate etc. But the way the Patriots have operated under Belichick is that they have avoided situations where they have to release players to clear salary cap space, and their financial discipline has served them well. Nothing to do with Brady here but I agree with you on the cap and leaving some cap space is good.

Have a good night ......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

ESPN's Adam Schefter stated on NFL Live Thursday that the Ravens may "very well" end up releasing Anquan Boldin after the Super Bowl.

Per Schefter, the Ravens are $5 million over the projected 2013 salary cap, "and that's before they get a deal done with Joe Flacco." Franchise tagging Flacco would put them roughly $20 million over the cap. Cutting Boldin would save Baltimore about $5.5 million. Although it's not a move the Ravens would like to make, "financial pressures" may force them to. Schefter added that releasing Jacoby Jones could free up another $3.5 million.   Pats should go after him if the Ravesn do infact release him.

A Boldin is a warrior - big, bad and physical.  IMO, hello to Anquan and goodbye Wes! Ditto for Jacoby Jones if he becomes available -hello Jacoby and goodbye to Edelman and Lloyd!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

For hockey fans, Boldin is Claude Lemieux or Mark Recchi. A guy who doesn't do all that much during the year, but steps it up in the postseason. Not sure how that would play in Foxborough?

Sections
Shortcuts