Report: Texans Trading for Mallett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Report: Texans Trading for Mallett

https://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/status/464500077101187072" rel="nofollow">https://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/status/464500077101187072

Big news if true

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Report: Texans Trading for Mallett

No way!  Man I've been preaching for months that he has no trade value.  This would make a huge liar out of me.  I'll still have to see it to believe it...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Wow.  So much for the "Mallett has no trade value" claims.  I'm very interested to see what we get in return.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I was honestly thinking earlier today...if Mallett has ANY chance to be a legit NFL QB, I think OBrien trades for him. If not, he'll fade into obscurity over the next few years...

I HOPE it would be true. He's basically got one foot out the door as it is, getting anything would be awesome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Wow.  So much for the "Mallett has no trade value" claims.  I'm very interested to see what we get in return.  

Just mentioned on nfl.com.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Interesting...

BB used a 3rd on him. Hard to see how he is less valuable after 3 years of practice time behind Brady. I'm hoping for a 3rd at very least. 2nd would be amazing. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

What is the source for this?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kinchow. Show Kinchow's posts

I'd trade Mallett for Garoppolo (Late 2nd/early 3rd)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady2Welker47

Tom Curran posted message just a few minutes ago.

Texans on verge of trading for Mallet. Hope we can get a #2

He knows the system and will adapt quicker than anyone Texans would draft. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

Interesting...

BB used a 3rd on him. Hard to see how he is less valuable after 3 years of practice time behind Brady. I'm hoping for a 3rd at very least. 2nd would be amazing. 

1st pick in 4th round might be more realistic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

the source is wwww.thejokeisonu.com

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to teegee's comment:

Doubtful.  BB would never trade Mallett for that little.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to teegee's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

Why not. Next year he gets nothing. The 1st pick in the 4th is worth more than nothing and could end up being McCarron, Mallett's replacement

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Neither team has anything to lose by leaking this info (real or not), but I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Why not. Next year he gets nothing. The 1st pick in the 4th is worth more than nothing and could end up being McCarron, Mallett's replacement

Let's say Brady gets injured and misses a few games.  I'd rather have Mallett as insurance for that scenario than a freaking 4th round pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

If we were to get a 2nd (doubtful, it's the 33rd overall) we would have to give up a third or a fourth on top of Mallett

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I'm with you. Brady is an iron-man but he's getting older. Mallet is worth more than that to the Patriots. We could bring Tebow back I guess.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I just can't see this happening.  Unless they plan on drafting a QB some time this weekend, they still need an experienced backup.  Mallet may not have game experience but he knows the offense.  It would have to be a second round pick for me to do it.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Profootballtalk and cbssports are reporting on it now, too.  This would all but officially put Clowney in Houston

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

@RapSheet: There is no deal between the Patriots and the Texans for Ryan Mallett. But the interest from Houston and Bill O’Brien is real. #Staytuned

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Mallet is THE only backup QB the Pats have.  Who would replace him?  A second, third or fourth round rookie?  Maybe BB has something up his sleeve if this happens.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

Mallet is THE only backup QB the Pats have.  Who would replace him?  A second, third or fourth round rookie?  Maybe BB has something up his sleeve if this happens.

If Mallett does get traded, I could see BB drafting McCarron if he falls to the third

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Let's say Brady gets injured and misses a few games.  I'd rather have Mallett as insurance for that scenario than a freaking 4th round pick.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Mallett was practically a 4th round pick anyways so why the faith in Mallett who hasn't shown anything over anyone else? From what I've seen Mallett has a big arm but accuracy issues would mean he'd give you just a good a shot to lose and to win.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

Hoyer was the only backup the Pats had who replaced him? And Cassel was the only backup we had who replaced him? They will find someone as they have in the past.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

If Mallett does get traded, I could see BB drafting McCarron if he falls to the third

So a rookie third round pick would be the only backup to a what-will-be a 37 yr. old starter?

Sections
Shortcuts