Report: Texans Trading for Mallett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: Report: Texans Trading for Mallett

All this speculation will be coming to an end soon. Thank God.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I think this report was just another false rumor.  I'm sticking with what I've been saying all along...Mallett remains a Patriot for the 2014 season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think this report was just another false rumor.  I'm sticking with what I've been saying all along...Mallett remains a Patriot for the 2014 season.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No way!  Man I've been preaching for months that he has no trade value.  This would make a huge liar out of me.  I'll still have to see it to believe it...

[/QUOTE]

Do you really think BB drafted Mallett to get no return on him?  I am still laughing at Mt Hurl claiming EJ Manuel and the doofus with the Jets known as Geno Bust, are somehow superior prospects.

It makes literally no sense if you watched even a little of each's careers as well as who has been groomed by whom.

Petrino ran a pro style offense. I am not even sure Geno Bust can spell his first name.

[/QUOTE]

And it makes me laugh you thought we were going to be getting the 7th overall selection in the draft for him last year. LOL! I'm just glad I've had the chance to argue with the biggest moron on the internet for the last 4 years. Thanks, I appreciate it.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Texans trade #33 and a pick next year for our #62 and Mallet?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

If anything it's a swap of 3rd rd picks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonhoop74. Show jonhoop74's posts

Rumors about Pats trading for Mike Glennon

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/08/despite-talk-of-glennon-to-new-england-no-trade-is-in-the-works/" rel="nofollow">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/08/despite-talk-of-glennon-to-new-england-no-trade-is-in-the-works/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

I was honestly thinking earlier today...if Mallett has ANY chance to be a legit NFL QB, I think OBrien trades for him. If not, he'll fade into obscurity over the next few years...

I HOPE it would be true. He's basically got one foot out the door as it is, getting anything would be awesome.

Agree with this.  The need is there at QB for Houston and OB knows better than just about anyone if this guy has a chance to be a good NFL starter.  He can't fleece BB and vice versa.  If NE and Hou trade, it should be a pretty good representation of what OB thinks Mallets's value is.     

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I feel like this was just a rumor planted by HOU.  I'm still thinking Mallet stays in NE, but we will know soon enough.  Lord knows plenty of false rumors are floating around on draft weekend.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

I'd be for it, but would have to be #33, even if we had to add a third to mallet to make it work.  Then we take another DL with 33, and QB with 62.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

We'll find out tonight. If Hou doesn't take a QB with their 2nd then this rumor is going to grow some pretty big legs as the 3rd approaches.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would be all for this trade if the Pats could get the #33 pick instead of a 3rd rounder.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Even the first pick of the third round would be ok. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Mallet + 2015 3rd for this year 33 pick !

So we can pick a good DE or a top WR

I love the New England Patriots, but i am not a fanatic. I want the team to win games the right way, playing good football. I demand the best from the players and the organization, because i support them the best way i can.          ISAAC ANDREU

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Amazing how this rumor never dies

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amazing how this rumor never dies

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  I know.  Watch HOU draft Tom Savage or Carr at #33.  Maybe that will finally slay this beast of a pipe-dream/rumor.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

All I would want is:

1. a 4th this year

2. a conditional pick next year = 5th if he doesn't start either opening day or 8 games otherwise a 3rd and a 6th

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'll take a guess that the Patriots offered one year of Mallett (which includes a decent chance to sign Mallett to a longer contract before he's a free agent) for #65.  The Texans said "yayyy", told themselves that Bridgewater would probably fall into their laps at pick #33 and so they haven't closed the deal yet. 

Bridgewater is off the board at #32.  The Texans may have their eye on another QB at #33.  Or, they may finally settle. 

Mallett is an insurance policy if Tom Brady gets hurt.  He's not a zero value player.  BB had to cash Matt Cassell's value in one year.

If, and it's rare but things can happen, Tom Brady's career ends four or eight games into the season and Mallett starts, the Patriots would have the option of offering Mallett a long-term contract.  A long term contract with huge guaranteed millions is often highly preferable to starting for a year at low wages, getting injured during that year and never seeing any money in your lifetime, so Mallett might well settle in such a situation.  That's Mallett's value to the Patriots.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We'll find out tonight. If Hou doesn't take a QB with their 2nd then this rumor is going to grow some pretty big legs as the 3rd approaches.

[/QUOTE]

that's the part I don't understand about the Mallett rumors. Texans can take Garrapolo, Carr, Savage or whomever they like, and develop him over the next 4 years at a very reasonable cost. Mallett is a 1 year proposition, they have to give up a draft choice, and if Mallett plays well, he will go into the free market. Why would the Texans do this?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Talk about rumors....I'll believe this at 8PM tonight when and if I see it...then again, I'd be happy to have their 3rd rounder this year for him...maybe even their 4th rounder this year.....So would Mallet because if TB stays healthy he doesn't play, and if TB is hurt, we don't win squat, Mallet or no Mallet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that's the part I don't understand about the Mallett rumors. Texans can take Garrapolo, Carr, Savage or whomever they like, and develop him over the next 4 years at a very reasonable cost. Mallett is a 1 year proposition, they have to give up a draft choice, and if Mallett plays well, he will go into the free market. Why would the Texans do this?

[/QUOTE]

Agreed...doubt they will. Mallet walks after this season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All this speculation will be coming to an end soon. Thank God.

[/QUOTE]

No, if Houston doesn't pick up Mallett the trading Mallett story could easily go into tomorrow, or all the way through August.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

For the same reason people don't want to give him up. If it wasn't O'B I'd understand the question but if O'B thinks he's a legit QB and better than the guys you listed above they have to do something. They can't wait to develop a guy over 4 years. They were the last place team. A couple more years like that and the GM is gone and most likely so is O'B. So, I can see both wanting to go with a more ready player that they might have to pay tomorrow than a rook that might cost them theirs careers for time to develop. But, again that's on how each side feels about Mallett. Personally I think they are working something out but Hou doesn't want to give up the 3rd and that's what BB wants. Hence he's playing chicken right now saying he's not tradable to get Hou to panic about not getting one of the top 3. Savage, McCarron, and Carr have 2-4 years of development written on their face. Does the GM and O'B feel comfortable with Fitz enough that they can give those guys time to develop without having to worry about their careers?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

For the same reason people don't want to give him up. If it wasn't O'B I'd understand the question but if O'B thinks he's a legit QB and better than the guys you listed above they have to do something. They can't wait to develop a guy over 4 years. They were the last place team. A couple more years like that and the GM is gone and most likely so is O'B. So, I can see both wanting to go with a more ready player that they might have to pay tomorrow than a rook that might cost them theirs careers for time to develop. But, again that's on how each side feels about Mallett. Personally I think they are working something out but Hou doesn't want to give up the 3rd and that's what BB wants. Hence he's playing chicken right now saying he's not tradable to get Hou to panic about not getting one of the top 3. Savage, McCarron, and Carr have 2-4 years of development written on their face. Does the GM and O'B feel comfortable with Fitz enough that they can give those guys time to develop without having to worry about their careers?

[/QUOTE]

I think OB has at least 3 years to show what he has.

I think the Texans take Garappolo and he starts immediately

Houston's D and their OL is good enough that they could win 8-10 games with a conservative O and a rookie QB