Report: Texans Trading for Mallett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Report: Texans Trading for Mallett

In response to Salcon's comment:

Ofcourse.  I think if there's a QB out there that they really covet then they should do what they can or must to get him.  

We just don't know if there really is one that the Pat's want.  We really don't know anything.  

The Mallet trade talk could have been started by anybody.  Maybe Bill O'Brien did approach the Pats about a trade and the Pats turned it down or maybe they're working on something for later.   Who knows?

This I do know.  We'll find out real soon.

[object HTMLDivElement]

This is true, but the rumor comes from Tom E Curran and he's pretty trust worthy. I have to believe if they are willing to trade Mallett they have someone in mind and know when they should pull the trigger. Whether that's Savage or McCarron or Murray or even say Thomas I have no clue but they wouldn't even be in talks with Hou if they didn't have someone in mind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

A plan has to be in place for this to occur because if you strike out on the QB you want (McCarron or Macho Man Savage) then you end up with the Byron Leftwiches or Kyle Bollers of the NFL with the clipboard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

It makes sense that the Pats were looking at so many QBs.

I wonder if they consider moving up for Carr...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Mallett for the first pick in the 3rd is pretty good. I take that. 

won't happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Refresh my memory, but wasn't Hoyer a lone backup right after being an undrafted free agent?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Imagine the pats shocking us all and taking teddy bridgewater ( if mallet is traded) with their number one pick!!! The pats did have him in for a visit after all..

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

You are delusional.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to teegee's comment:

Imagine the pats shocking us all and taking teddy bridgewater ( if mallet is traded) with their number one pick!!! The pats did have him in for a visit after all..

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

I try to hold on tightly

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

-Times of grace

You are delusional.

[object HTMLDivElement]

Care to elaborate how im "delusional" ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

YO xXR3S1NXx

Any chance of showing the forum here a lil mercy and trimming down the QUOTE that appears after every comment ?

These threads arer tough enough to read w/o having to sort thru the clutter .

peace

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

I try to hold on tightly

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

-Times of grace

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Yea, sure thing Capt... Im a little new to the new format, Havnt even messed with it till now hearing how bad it was.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

If I were B O'B If I trade for Mallett  I would draft Watkins, they don't need Clowney. They have JJ Watts and Brian Cushing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Bunch of rumors floating around… my buddy is at the draft with his son and the rumor there is the Pat's will be trading back with the Jags for Jax's 2 & 3. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

I just tweeted Mike Reiss and he says he doubts there is anything in the works as far as Mallett to Texans is concerned.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Curran is a house guy for the Pats...if he's sure about it it just might happen...we'll know pretty soon!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I just find it hard to believe we would trade Mallett before we had a vet bu and there aren't any?
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Bunch of rumors floating around… my buddy is at the draft with his son and the rumor there is the Pat's will be trading back with the Jags for Jax's 2 & 3. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

yeah don't like that move at all. Moving way to far back for an extra 3rd. Would remind me of 09' all over again

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

I heard through my twitter account that Jax is definitely in play but I didn't hear any compensation being mentioned, but you know off the top any trade back in would have to include their 2nd round choice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Case Keenum and a 4th...my sources say.

Of course I don't have any sources, but it makes sense. They don't need Keenum if they get Mallett - or maybe even Fitz or Yates instead of Keenum. That way, the Pats have their experienced backup (all those guys have considerably more experience than Mallett) and can still draft a project QB if they want to.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

yeah don't like that move at all. Moving way to far back for an extra 3rd. Would remind me of 09' all over again

Neither do I… I would prefer they find a way to trade into the 1st round next year. Oak, Jax, Minn or any team they feel is going to be  bottom feeder. I might be overrating mariotta but I can see him being a stud in the NFL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

How is trading back from 29 to 35 and getting pick 67 also trading too far back? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Rapaport, Greer, and Curran all know saying talks are ongoing looks like a possible 3rd but might not get done until after tonight to see how the QB's fall in the 1st

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to thejuice1's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

How is trading back from 29 to 35 and getting pick 67 also trading too far back? 

[object HTMLDivElement]

Unless the Browns and Raiders are involved we aren't getting 35 and 67. The JAGs are at 39 and 70. As with 09' moving back ten spots can make a massive difference between a Oher or Matthews and a Chung or Butler. When BB makes his pick in the 1st he hits on them 87% of the time when he makes a pick in he 2nd it drops to 33% and in the 3rd 27% so..... I'd take the 1st as it tends to make a big difference.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

I just find it hard to believe we would trade Mallett before we had a vet bu and there aren't any?
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

One of Houston't three current QBs could be part of the deal. They aren't keeping four.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

A dude wearing rose colored glasses told me, Watt plus the #1 for Mallett.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

A dude wearing rose colored glasses told me, Watt plus the #1 for Mallett.

Elton John?

He usually knows more about "futball" than football, but I got my fingers crossed.

Sections
Shortcuts