Report: Texans Trading for Mallett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Report: Texans Trading for Mallett

Not that he knows any better than any of us but Colin Cowherd about an hour ago was pretty much predicting a Houston acquiring Mallett trade for today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amazing how this rumor never dies

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  I know.  Watch HOU draft Tom Savage or Carr at #33.  Maybe that will finally slay this beast of a pipe-dream/rumor.

[/QUOTE]

Beyond that...

Garoppolo, McCarron.

I don't know if anyone beyond that is good enough to have a chance of being a better starter than Mallet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I think OB has at least 3 years to show what he has.

I think the Texans take Garappolo and he starts immediately

Houston's D and their OL is good enough that they could win 8-10 games with a conservative O and a rookie QB

[object HTMLDivElement]

Very much possible. But, in the NFL if you don't produce immediate results you are always on the hot seat. In the end it's all about what Hou thinks of certain QB's and what they think of Mallett. If a QB is going to take more than 2 yrs to develop I can't see them sitting happy to develop them over that time period. If Garappolo is that guy then we'll find out with the 1st pick but as I said originally if they don't take a QB with this pick at the start of round 2 rumors are going to heat up about a possible trade in the works. At that point I would believe Hou thought they had a legit shot at Mallett and the deal was almost done. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Houston's D and their OL is good enough that they could win 8-10 games with a conservative O and a rookie QB

[/QUOTE]

Come on. You're taking a guy who's faced low level college comp who nobody says is ready and throwing him to the wolves? And that's how you win 10 games? I get their defense will be better with Clowney, but not that much better. They were pretty terrible last year.

If they drafted Garop (instead of acquiring Mallett), they'd still be far better off starting Fitz or Keenum, or even Yates and letting him develop. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on. You're taking a guy who's faced low level college comp who nobody says is ready and throwing him to the wolves? And that's how you win 10 games? I get their defense will be better with Clowney, but not that much better. They were pretty terrible last year.

If they drafted Garop (instead of acquiring Mallett), they'd still be far better off starting Fitz or Keenum, or even Yates and letting him develop. 

[/QUOTE]

didn't they say that about Rothlsberger?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  I know.  Watch HOU draft Tom Savage or Carr at #33.  Maybe that will finally slay this beast of a pipe-dream/rumor.

[/QUOTE]
    You are really hoping against hope aren't you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Wazzu, does this mean the trade is going down?.. Cuz I remember you starting a thread saying everyone should calm down and REVIS was never coming to NE... so maybe the reverse effect works for you

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from molten37. Show molten37's posts

Backup QB Ryan Mallett is “not available,” reports ESPN’s Ed Werder, via Rotoworld.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    You are really hoping against hope aren't you?

[/QUOTE]

I like Mallet .  If there is any chance of keeping him I would like to.  I think he is really talented and we would only be strengthening HOU if we traded him there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I think he stays a Pat as we need a backup who knows the system in case TB goes down. But, all the speculation is fascinating for a player who played so little...and who so many have fantasized so much about... I must admit I include myself in that group...  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not that he knows any better than any of us but Colin Cowherd about an hour ago was pretty much predicting a Houston acquiring Mallett trade for today.

[/QUOTE]

If this much speculated trade happens, does that mean that TEBOW comes back to us? or why not, Doug Flutie?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wazzu, does this mean the trade is going down?.. Cuz I remember you starting a thread saying everyone should calm down and REVIS was never coming to NE... so maybe the reverse effect works for you

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  Guilty as charged on the Revis thoughts.  I didn't think he would ever end up in NE.  Obviously I was wrong there.  It just doesn't make sense to me why HOU would trade for a guy with only 1 yr remaining on his contract when they could draft Carr, Savage, McCarron, Garapolo, etc and have them on a rookie deal for 4 yrs.  That's why I don't believe these rumors.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If this much speculated trade happens, does that mean that TEBOW comes back to us? or why not, Doug Flutie?

[/QUOTE]

Hoyer will be available

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

And the Texans take a G, not a QB so..... that adds more fuel to the fire

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Tania Ganguli @taniaganguli
    Follow

Rick Smith says the #Texans have not had any conversations with the New England Patriots about trading Ryan Mallett.

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Who could be left on the board at pick #65 if the Texans need a good quarterback who can start immediately?  Third rounders who can start in 2015 probably don't count.  Matt Schaub is rated as below average.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who could be left on the board at pick #65 if the Texans need a good quarterback who can start immediately?  Third rounders who can start in 2015 probably don't count.  Matt Schaub is rated as below average.

[/QUOTE]

Well, Schaub is in Oakland anyway. If they don't get a QB in this draft they're going with Fitzpatrick/Keenum.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Mallett can't even cut it in the preseason against inferior competition. If we can get anything it return for him I'll be happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw9yEuwohkk" rel="nofollow">

It's Football season!! Can you dig it ?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw9yEuwohkk" rel="nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw9yEuwohkk

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With BB going QB so early, Mallet has got to be gone. A deal is likely in place.

[/QUOTE]

Agree. There's no way BB spends a 2nd round pick on a QB without something planned for Mallet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the Texans take Garappolo and he starts immediatel

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, Garop may not start in 2014, but BB still thinks he's good enough to pick up in the 2nd rnd

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Where's everybody who told me I was crazy for saying Mallet was going to remain a Patriot?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With BB going QB so early, Mallet has got to be gone. A deal is likely in place.

[/QUOTE]

Actually the Pats lost leverage. Everyone now knows they should not pay much for Mallet, because the Pats don't even think he's better than Garop -- a QB who some say has no experience against high level competition

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I seriously can't understand why anyone would think Mallet would be a good option to start for their team.  He has been with the Pats how long now and can't even shine in a preseason game.  Not even a preseason series of downs.  The guy just isn't ever going to be very good.  Now the Pats have to figure what to do with the guy.  I would really question O'Brien if he trades for Mallet.  Hope he does but I can't see why.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Pats still have leverage.

They can carry three QB's next year. Mallett can walk of course at the end of the season, but remains the guy who will start if Brady goes down and keep the team a contender until he returns which Garop wouldn't do. If he starts a few games with Cassell like impact the team could franchise him and get a 2nd rd pick next year.

If he doesn't play a snap, well, the team got 4 years of a backup QB out of him and if he goes on to start and play well elsewhere they will get a 3rd/4th rd compensation pick in 2016.

Giving up that kind of insurance might require the Texans to trade the first pick in the 4th rd tomorrow. Or at least their 5th rd pick and a 2015 pick that could be as high as a 2nd if he does well, but no lower than a 4th.

Sections
Shortcuts