report that jets are goin after brandon marshall!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepats51. Show nepats51's posts

report that jets are goin after brandon marshall!!

wow if jets pull this off, almost unstoppable!!!!! hate the jets but ya got to luv what they are doin, who knows if they will pull it off, they dont want 2 give up 1st rd pick but to trade mult. players for him, we will see!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: report that jets are goin after brandon marshall!!

In Response to report that jets are goin after brandon marshall!!:
    wow if jets pull this off, almost unstoppable!!!!! hate the jets but ya got to luv what they are doin, who knows if they will pull it off, they dont want 2 give up 1st rd pick but to trade mult. players for him, we will see!!!!!!
    Posted by nepats51

The Redskins used to have this kind of offseason every year and it didn't do much for them.Their Defense will be good but their offense has to prove it on the field.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Denver has made it clear that they will only trade Marshall for a 1st round pick, why would McDaniels want to help the Jets?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Even if they get him, I am not yet worried as long as we draft some pass rushers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Wow how are going to do it?   

Wow what on Earth would they deal if not the 29th pick?

Wow who would get the ball to him if they did?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Great wide receivers don't mean a thing unless your quarterback can get the ball to them consistently. I don't know about you, but I'm not afraid of Mark Sanchez. He didn't even surpass 300 yards in one game this past year. If the Jets had an established QB, I'd be worried about this - in fact, I'd be terrified. But because Sanchez has yet to show that he can lead a consistent and respectable passing game, I'm not overly concerned.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Even if they get him, I am not yet worried as long as we draft some pass rushers.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This too. Even without a fiercesome pass rush, the Pats limited his effectiveness in the first meeting (they lost that one because of the offense, not the defense), and forced him to throw four picks in their final meeting. Imagine what Sanchez will do if the Pats' pass rush improves from last year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Good. Let him poison their locker room. Eat away at them from the inside. Like Adalius and a few others supposedly did here last year. Hell, maybe they can even sign Thomas when we cut him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Posted by nepats51

The only "report" I saw said they're having "internal discussions."  Whoop de doo.  I got a report for you, the Patriots are having the same internal discussions, and so are the Dolphins and Bears and Bengals and Cowboys and so on...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: report that jets are goin after brandon marshall!!:
    Denver has made it clear that they will only trade Marshall for a 1st round pick, why would McDaniels want to help the Jets?
    Posted by Rocky

Do you actually think McDaniels cares that this could help the Jets? He might be concerned about helping an AFC team, but he sure as heck doesn't care that it affects the Pats - or shouldn't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: report that jets are goin after brandon marshall!! : Do you actually think McDaniels cares that this could help the Jets? He might be concerned about helping an AFC team, but he sure as heck doesn't care that it affects the Pats - or shouldn't.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Sorry I did not clarify....Why would McDaniels want to help the Jets, another AFC team?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Yea seriously unless you have some real info , leave this type of stuff for the big boys. I said weeks ago , before the media , that Seattle was considering trading for him. I also know that the 49ers and Lions(obviously not the #2 , a future or two 2's) were trying to do something w/out giving up a first. Both were trying to work something out like giving up 2 seconds or a 2/3. If Denver really wants to unload him then they will do it for 2 second rounders. Other teams that are talking about it , privatly anyway are the 'fins , bears , titans , and believe it or not before the Big Ben mess I heard the Steelers were having "some" discussions between coach/ownership. Im talking small , just kicking the tires stuff , in fact most of it was "his skill set fits in here" etc. But where doesnt his skill set fit in? In terms of the jets getting him , well that would be huge , theres no other way to call it. Im sorry , but most of you have no clue about football to begin with. Combine that w/ the fact that its the jets and its no surprise why you would down play it. I didnt like some of the moves they made this off-season like getting rid of Jones and trading Rhodes , but picking up AC was a big upgrade. Theres no debating that , first off hes just a better CB than Lito. Second he fits in much better with their "read n attack" scheme. It makes absolutely no sense at all to get rid of Jones and then offer LT the same deal that TJ signed w/ KC. But you guys need to stop the "Im not worried about them" BS. As everything stands right now , Id give the PATS a narrow edge. The jets are for real though and the 'fins are a 2-3 players away from being legitimate contenders. Theres "mosdef" no more Tyson factor in this divison. And Im sorry , but guys like DAFOE show just how little they understand about the game , its not even funny. First , how do you know hes a poison in that locker room? You dont so why speak on a topic in which you have no idea what your talking about? I get it you want to sound like you have a clue , but you just look like a moron. In fact its the very opposite , almost the entire team is behind him in terms of his contract situation. And all that "off the field" BS is so over blown in terms of the chemistry in the locker room. Unlike you and most on here these are grown men that only want to win and get paid. LOL maybe not in that order! Know nothings like you always love to talk about chemistry and character , seriously do you even know or have the slightest clue what your talking about. Do you even know what chemistry is , its the chemistry on the field that matters , not how much guys like each other off the field. Let me guess your one of those losers that wants to draft Tebow huh? Draft a guy who couldnt even play his position in college and has trouble taking snaps under center because hes a "swell" fellow , LOL!  I guess thats what happens when you absolutely su ck and dont have the skills , you fall back on the fact that unlike every other man your holding on to the big V because it "means" something to him. LMFAO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Who cares?  Not me, considering New England has already wooed New York Jets Linebacker Marques Murrell away from NY and onto he Pats Squad.  That's 12 Tackles and zero Sacks The Jets WON'T be able to cash in on in 2010-11...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

there is no evidence for this rumor

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Taco you sound foolish , none of you have a clue here. Yea go ahead , I dare you to bring in a top 5 rec in his prime who can do everything you could want and more in a wideout LOL. And enough with the ego , chemistry BS , that BS is so overplayed. So you can never have more than a couple good players at a time , again you sound stupid. Theres always going to be alot of egos on potential really good teams. And you shouldnt be in the business/sport if you dont think you can handle it and dont want to be the best team possible. And enough about how terrible Sanchez is , he had a predictable rookie year , so what. And oh yea he played his best down the stretch and in the playoffs. Again your nothing short of stupid saying Smith scares you more than Dirty. Sanchez has all the tools you would want from a young QB , his arm is more than fine , he can move , has good feet and pocket presence. He already is one of the best at throwing on the move , the bootleg is something alot of QBs would love to have in their bag.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

If the Jets get Marshall they will be a reverse '07 New England Patriots team. They would have a dominant defense, like how the Pats had a dominant offense, and an offense that can get the job done when it needs to, like the '07 Pats' D. Although, I doubt it would end in an 18-- or 19-- game win streak, they will, more than likely, win the SB. 

Marty is a great OC, I would hate to see him gameplan for Brandon Marshall. And McDaniels doesn't owe Belichick anything. Last season, McDaniels wanted Matt Cassel, he even offered his first round pick, but Belichick dealt Cassel to KC. Belichick left McDaniels high and dry without a QB. The Jets may be filled with arogant players (Bart Scott, LT, Marshall, Edwards), but Ryan loves that in his players. He knows how to manage arrogance. 

Also, if people are still knocking Mark Sanchez they should stop. This kid has alot of upside. The guy can throw a deep-ball with the best of them, just because he had alot of TO in his rookie year doesn't mean squat. Can anyone name me the QB with the most INTs in their rookie year? Yea, I bet that QB's team wishes they had traded him when they had the chance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

So.... they plan on trading more picks and depth for another expensive drama queen? Ok, let them. If one of their big names gets hurt they'll have no one to back them up.

LT is done. Sproles ran much more effectively than LT did the last year and a half or so.

Marshall is just crazy. He's a great WR, but it's only a matter of time he gets sick of the jets' ways.

I'm not buying what they're doing. They wouldn't have made the playoffs if they weren't extremely lucky with who they played in their last two games. They are losing depth and future depth through the draft as well. They'll also be screwed if it turns out there is a cap after this season too. Marshall is a head case. If I were the Jets I wouldn't trade picks and players for him. But then again, it is the Jets. They might be good next year and bad for another 60 or so.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

Also, if people are still knocking Mark Sanchez they should stop. This kid has alot of upside. The guy can throw a deep-ball with the best of them, just because he had alot of TO in his rookie year doesn't mean squat. Can anyone name me the QB with the most INTs in their rookie year? Yea, I bet that QB's team wishes they had traded him when they had the chance.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    QB play goes far beyond turnovers. At times, Sanchez just looked plain lost. He had some good games, but those were few and far between. If he's the QB that you're making him out to be, the offense should have been able to lean on him when the the running game wasn't dominating. When that happened, he wilted.

Even when he wasn't under pressure, he was still incosistent at best. When he was called upon to deliver, he could barely even do that. His season rating was a mediocre 63.0 and his completion rating was an even worse 53.8. To compare, Matt Ryan's rookie ratings include an 87.7 passer rating and a 61.1 completion percentage. While Sanchez threw around 80 passes less, the difference between the two is significant when we run some simple statistical tests that compare the completion percentages of each quarterback's rookie season. In this instance, we statistcaly prove that Matt Ryan was a more efficient QB in his rookie season.

So what do these numbers mean? During his rookie year, Ryan was able to maintain a respectable passing game - Sanchez was not. I said it earlier and I'll say it again: I don't care who you have at wide receiver - if you don't have a QB that can consistently get the ball to them, your passing game falls apart.

Just because Sanchez has a strong arm doesn't garuntee that he'll be a good NFL quarterback. Remeber, Jamarcus Russell had one of the strongest arms in recent memory, and look where it got him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

If the Jets get Marshall they will be a reverse '07 New England Patriots team. They would have a dominant defense, like how the Pats had a dominant offense, and an offense that can get the job done when it needs to, like the '07 Pats' D. Although, I doubt it would end in an 18-- or 19-- game win streak, they will, more than likely, win the SB.  Marty is a great OC, I would hate to see him gameplan for Brandon Marshall. And McDaniels doesn't owe Belichick anything. Last season, McDaniels wanted Matt Cassel, he even offered his first round pick, but Belichick dealt Cassel to KC. Belichick left McDaniels high and dry without a QB. The Jets may be filled with arogant players (Bart Scott, LT, Marshall, Edwards), but Ryan loves that in his players. He knows how to manage arrogance.  Also, if people are still knocking Mark Sanchez they should stop. This kid has alot of upside. The guy can throw a deep-ball with the best of them, just because he had alot of TO in his rookie year doesn't mean squat. Can anyone name me the QB with the most INTs in their rookie year? Yea, I bet that QB's team wishes they had traded him when they had the chance.
    Posted by 49Patriots

LOL!  you know absolutely NOTHING about football....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Posted by nepats51

Patriots fans can say what they want, Moss and Dillion were both disgruntled players when they came to New England. Player's only disrupt teams that have weak coaching staffs. Marshall will just make the Passing game better. Yes, he is a diva/hot head but good players tend to be disgruntled when they are on bad teams. Marshall needs to be around a strong minded coach that will lay down the rules. If we don't sign another WR when week 6 approaches Marshall would have been the missing piece opposite of Moss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Where are they getting the money for all of this??????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

Posted by nepats51

Is there a link to this rumor? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

This is the quote from the National Football Post, note "internal discussions". Josh McDaniels has stated emphatically that he wants a 1st rd pick for Marshall.

"I keep hearing from my Jets sources that they’re having internal discussions regarding Brandon Marshall and would love to put together a package of players that might entice the Broncos and still keep their first-round pick.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Sunday-at-the-Post-1029.html

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

In Response to report that jets are goin after brandon marshall!! : Patriots fans can say what they want, Moss and Dillion were both disgruntled players when they came to New England. Player's only disrupt teams that have weak coaching staffs. Marshall will just make the Passing game better. Yes, he is a diva/hot head but good players tend to be disgruntled when they are on bad teams. Marshall needs to be around a strong minded coach that will lay down the rules. If we don't sign another WR when week 6 approaches Marshall would have been the missing piece opposite of Moss.
    Posted by FLY2K

FLY you hit the nail right on the head. There is only so long anyone can play for a losing team before they snap.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Never knew we were living in denial. =) Ok, if the Jets get Brandon Marshall the Pats would still be the best team in the AFCE. I mean, The Pats do have the better defense, OL, RBs, WRs(even with Marshall on the Jets), OC, and special teams, right? And the Pats also went to the AFCC last year, while the Jets were knocked out in the Wild-card round, right? 

We are turning into Yankee fans. Living in the past while others look to get better in the future.

Sections
Shortcuts