Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade

per PFT

Jets owner Woody Johnson is reportedly interested in trading the team’s most valuable asset, cornerback Darrelle Revis.

Johnson has expressed a desire to trade Revis, Jason La Canfora of CBS reports. La Canfora attributes the report to unnamed sources with knowledge of the situation. It’s possible that Johnson floated the idea in conversations with prospective general managers during the search that ultimately led to the Jets hiring John Idzik.

Revis is owed $6 million this year, which is a good deal if Revis is healthy and back to being the NFL’s best cornerback. But it’s Johnson could be worried that Revis will struggle to regain his old form in his recovery from a torn ACL. And La Canfora also reports that Johnson thinks Revis is going to want a lot more money after the 2013 season, when he can become an unrestricted free agent, and that the Jets might be better off getting something for him now than getting nothing for him a year from now.

If the Jets are resigning themselves to the idea that it will take a full year to fix the mess that was the 2012 season, then trading Revis could be the way to begin the rebuilding.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade

Don't even say trade for him, there is no way they trade him to the Patriots or anyone in the division.

I know we just seen Peterson come back super strong from his ACL injury, if you could would you take a chance on him?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

They'll send Revis yo NFC teaM some where.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

It'll have to be a team with lots of cap space. It's not worth trading a high draft pick or two for a guy who has one year left on his deal.

It will require someone being satisfied with taking the risk that he's the same player post ACL and also willing to spend big money to lock him up long term.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JetsFaninBoston. Show JetsFaninBoston's posts

For a 1st round pick, I'd be up for it, especially if it was from an average to poor team. Cromartie played well as the #1 CB this season and Revis will want more $. I'm not big on Kyle Wilson, so as long as they have a plan to get a CB better than him, I'm all for it.

EDIT: Meant to say Revis will want a huge contract (fixed above)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

At this point in time, I can't see a team giving up a first round pick for him.  If he proves he's still a top corner, then maybe.  I can't see this happening, though. The Jets would be on the hook for 9 or 10 mil this year if he is traded.  How in the world did the Jets lose him for the year and still have a top pass D while ours was near the bottom again after adding a good corner in Talib?  What is he going to be worth on the open market? 10 mil?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to NOISE's comment:

That's correct but it shows how mismanaged they have been.  They overrated him so much, overpaid him so badly, allowed him to dictate to the detriment of the team, that it's come to this.

A 1st rd pick would be ideal for him.  They can then at least not botch their 1st rd in the draft.  Then again, maybe they will regardless.

They would trade up & get the next Sanchez.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to NOISE's comment:

That's correct but it shows how mismanaged they have been.  They overrated him so much, overpaid him so badly, allowed him to dictate to the detriment of the team, that it's come to this.

A 1st rd pick would be ideal for him.  They can then at least not botch their 1st rd in the draft.  Then again, maybe they will regardless.

They would trade up & get the next Sanchez.

I'm predicting that Tavaris Jackson will be their opening day QB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I'll trade one Woody Johnson for one Puzzy Galore

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

They're a pretty stoooooopid team. They might trade with the Pats but would most likely force us to overpay which Belichick will not do. Imagine if we signed Ed Reed and traded for Revis. 19-0!!!

Yes, i know, a pipe dream!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

sign and trade welker for him. we could also use revis in the slot since he has better hands than welker.

We already know you do not like Welker with your many posts and threads, so you can stop repeating yourself.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

The Best CB in the league is out of the AFC east ?????   CHEERS EVERYBODY... THATS GREAT !

agree, he is going to the NFC... hope not to a contender like Green bay, Seattle, Redskins, Giants or Atlanta...