Reports Confirmed Brady Played with Broken Finger and 3 Broken Ribs in 2009

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Reports Confirmed Brady Played with Broken Finger and 3 Broken Ribs in 2009

Here's the Complete story but ESPN confirmed yesterday what Most of us already knew. Brady Played at the End of last year with a Broken Finger and 3 Broken Ribs.He brought in his personal Coach at Christmas time to help him out. Didn't do much good for the Playoffs unfortunately. I did Have to ask myself the question. What if Peyton Manning had those injuries? We didn't get any excuses out of Brady or the Pats for this.... Much like Randy Moss' Separated Shoulder issue. Would Polian  and Manning be making up excuses or would they bite the Bullet like the Pats did and keep it quiet?

One thing you can say for the Pats and Brady in Specific. They're not worried about the Glory and they're not so insecure when they play bad that they have to feed the media all the excuses.

http://espn.go.com/blog/AFCEast/post/_/id/14930/tom-brady-still-listens-to-qb-whisperer

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Reports Confirmed Brady Played with Broken Finger and 3 Broken Ribs in 2009

With Matt Light protecting his blindside again this year he might have to do it again. In fact, it was Matt Light's coverage that put the hit on Brady. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

The best way to keep Brady healthy is to find a running game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Reports Confirmed Brady Played with Broken Finger and 3 Broken Ribs in 2009:
    With Matt Light protecting his blindside again this year he might have to do it again. In fact, it was Matt Light's coverage that put the hit on Brady. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

I'm hoping they have Alge lined up next to Light next year to help out in pass protection.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Pretty sure I was at the game where he suffered the broken ribs. Pats at Dolphins. Brady hit Moss for a 40 yard td and was hit hard in the ribs right as he released and driven into the ground. He was wide open to the hit much as he was against Bernard (The Patriot killer I hate this man with all my heart even though he seems very remorseful about Brady/Welker injury) Pollard on a long pass to Moss.

Another major reason I really believe we should go back to a committed run game to set up play action. Not necessarily "Dink n Dunk" but more short to mid range game. Kill teams with chunks of yardage to make them respect that aspect of the game and then hit them for a 50 yrd bomb where Brady has less chance of being susceptible to the big hits. As opposed to spread offense all day long.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Reports Confirmed Brady Played with Broken Finger and 3 Broken Ribs in 2009:
    Here's the Complete story but ESPN confirmed yesterday what Most of us already knew. Brady Played at the End of last year with a Broken Finger and 3 Broken Ribs.He brought in his personal Coach at Christmas time to help him out. Didn't do much good for the Playoffs unfortunately. I did Have to ask myself the question. What if Peyton Manning had those injuries? We didn't get any excuses out of Brady or the Pats for this.... Much like Randy Moss' Separated Shoulder issue. Would Polian  and Manning be making up excuses or would they bite the Bullet like the Pats did and keep it quiet? One thing you can say for the Pats and Brady in Specific. They're not worried about the Glory and they're not so insecure when they play bad that they have to feed the media all the excuses. http://espn.go.com/blog/AFCEast/post/_/id/14930/tom-brady-still-listens-to-qb-whisperer
    Posted by ewhite1065

He also had the pre-season shoulder injury as well. I think if Brady stays healthy this season we'll see a huge difference not just TD's and yardage but more importantly W-L. Making more plays especially in the 2nd half of games. Just hope O'Brien has learned quite a few things this offseason.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I wonder if O'Brien's playcalling was limited by Brady's injuries...

Brady still threw for 4000+ & 25+ tds.  Coming off of knee surgery, that's pretty good - usually the year after knee surgery is a wash and it's not until the second season that the confidence and stats return.

What that means for this year, who knows?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Reports Confirmed Brady Played with Broken Finger and 3 Broken Ribs in 2009:
    The best way to keep Brady healthy is to find a running game.
    Posted by Tcal2

Amen to that. Run less plays from the Shot Gun. I know I sound like a Broken record but they need to mix it up a little better and get these running backs cranking a little. It might give our offensive line some attitude too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I would take this as ga good sign that he should be better next year but if he takes as many shots as he did it won't be long before he's torn up again.
    Posted by FishTaco64

I have never seen that level of inaccuracy or the number of wounded ducks from Brady before last year. The Ribs had to really hurt when throwing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Pretty sure I was at the game where he suffered the broken ribs. Pats at Dolphins. Brady hit Moss for a 40 yard td and was hit hard in the ribs right as he released and driven into the ground. He was wide open to the hit much as he was against Bernard (The Patriot killer I hate this man with all my heart even though he seems very remorseful about Brady/Welker injury) Pollard on a long pass to Moss. Another major reason I really believe we should go back to a committed run game to set up play action. Not necessarily "Dink n Dunk" but more short to mid range game. Kill teams with chunks of yardage to make them respect that aspect of the game and then hit them for a 50 yrd bomb where Brady has less chance of being susceptible to the big hits. As opposed to spread offense all day long.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I'm with you on the running game champ. I also think it would be in Brady's best interest to replace Matt Light with Volmer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Posted by 49Patriots

Yes he was. As just posted, let's stick Volmer there. He was a noticeable improvement but I don't know if BB feels that way. Can't wait for training camp to find out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Reports Confirmed Brady Played with Broken Finger and 3 Broken Ribs in 2009 : He also had the pre-season shoulder injury as well. I think if Brady stays healthy this season we'll see a huge difference not just TD's and yardage but more importantly W-L. Making more plays especially in the 2nd half of games. Just hope O'Brien has learned quite a few things this offseason.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

It's amazing the Number of injuries but just as amazing to me is the fact that they never talk about it and give the opposition that little extra edge psychologically. Josh MacDaniel improved in his second season calling plays and I hope Obrien does to. One other thing to consider is Maybe BB  had a little more control over the play calling than we know about because it was Obriens first year. If that's the case he may loosen up the reigns a little this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I wonder if O'Brien's playcalling was limited by Brady's injuries... Brady still threw for 4000+ & 25+ tds.  Coming off of knee surgery, that's pretty good - usually the year after knee surgery is a wash and it's not until the second season that the confidence and stats return. What that means for this year, who knows?
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

That's a definite possibility and as I just mentioned it also may have been limited by BB when the final play went into the huddle. I don't usually like to have to count on players and coaches improving going into a new season but this year I don't think it's an unreasonable expectation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Brady...was wide open to the hit much as he was against Bernard (The Patriot killer I hate this man with all my heart even though he seems very remorseful about Brady/Welker injury) Pollard on a long pass to Moss.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Don't believe that BS about Pollard being "remorseful". I saw him play several times last year, including against the Patriots. The guy is another Roy Williams-type, purposely diving at knees of WRs, and ball-carriers. This is one dirty player. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

When I read stories like this, some of the idiots who post on various Pats message boards about how Brady has "gone soft," or that he "doesn't care about football anymore," or that the Pats "traded the wrong quarterback" prior to the 2009 draft, look even more foolish.

He's a non-excuse making, tough-as-nails winner, and an intense competitor. One of the most intense competitors the Boston sports scene has ever witnessed, in fact.

Just because he's married with kids and wants to spend time with his family in the offseason (like 99% of all other professional athletes), doesn't mean that he's any different when it comes to wanting to win, wanting to play well, and being a hyper-competitive athlete.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

When I read stories like this, some of the idiots who post on various Pats message boards about how Brady has "gone soft," or that he "doesn't care about football anymore," or that the Pats "traded the wrong quarterback" prior to the 2009 draft, look even more foolish. He's a non-excuse making, tough-as-nails winner, and an intense competitor. One of the most intense competitors the Boston sports scene has ever witnessed, in fact. Just because he's married with kids and wants to spend time with his family in the offseason (like 99% of all other professional athletes), doesn't mean that he's any different when it comes to wanting to win, wanting to play well, and being a hyper-competitive athlete.
    Posted by hardright

That's exactly what I took out of this story. It's human nature when you're not playing up to par to make up excuses. This team is so much the Antithesis of that, that it it actually hurts them in the press. Randy moss was clearly hurting last year in a big way and look at the numbers he put up. Half of the media was Calling Moss a quitter and a Pu$$$y and he still kept his mouth shout.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Reports Confirmed Brady Played with Broken Finger and 3 Broken Ribs in 2009 : That's exactly what I took out of this story. It's human nature when you're not playing up to par to make up excuses. This team is so much the Antithesis of that, that it it actually hurts them in the press. Randy moss was clearly hurting last year in a big way and look at the numbers he put up. Half of the media was Calling Moss a quitter and a Pu$$$y and he still kept his mouth shout.
    Posted by ewhite1065

The guy had an IV and a temp of 103 about to play a 16-1 #1 defense in Pittsburgh with 10 degree temperatures and then puts up 40 points on there field.

He is as tough as they get.

In response to Light I agree the o-line has real problems. I would like to see Volmer on the left. With Lights experience I don't understand why he couldn't just plug into Mankins guard position.

I never noticed this much but a few posters here have pointed out that Dan Koppen is consistently pushed back and after watching some highlights of the past few years they are correct.

Dante Scharneccia needs to put his foot in some behinds and get this thing right. As good of a coach as he is he needs to get them all on the same page. We have some talent(I think)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

When I read stories like this, some of the idiots who post on various Pats message boards about how Brady has "gone soft," or that he "doesn't care about football anymore," or that the Pats "traded the wrong quarterback" prior to the 2009 draft, look even more foolish. He's a non-excuse making, tough-as-nails winner, and an intense competitor. One of the most intense competitors the Boston sports scene has ever witnessed, in fact. Just because he's married with kids and wants to spend time with his family in the offseason (like 99% of all other professional athletes), doesn't mean that he's any different when it comes to wanting to win, wanting to play well, and being a hyper-competitive athlete.
    Posted by hardright

BOY!!!! I couldn't agree more. It makes you sick when you know what he goes through, his commitment to the Patriots and his family and people on here throw him under bus because he doesn't win every SB. Selfish, ignorant, spoiled idiots!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Reports Confirmed Brady Played with Broken Finger and 3 Broken Ribs in 2009 : Amen to that. Run less plays from the Shot Gun. I know I sound like a Broken record but they need to mix it up a little better and get these running backs cranking a little. It might give our offensive line some attitude too.
    Posted by ewhite1065

You DO sound like a broken record, but that is because the PLAYCALLING was like a broken record.  Super predictable, other team usually knew what we were going to do.  I am with you.  This is good news as far as I am concerned, it explains alot of what when on that just left me scratching my head.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Reports Confirmed Brady Played with Broken Finger and 3 Broken Ribs in 2009 : You DO sound like a broken record, but that is because the PLAYCALLING was like a broken record.  Super predictable, other team usually knew what we were going to do.  I am with you.  This is good news as far as I am concerned, it explains alot of what when on that just left me scratching my head.
    Posted by Davedsone

I hear you. Bring on training camp please and lets see what we have.
    I just read that Don Coreyell died. There's a sad note for the 4th. If not for him we might not be looking at the Pats offense as it is right now.

Sections
Shortcuts