Reports where Moss will NOT be going

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Reports where Moss will NOT be going

Per Roto World

Seahawks and Browns not interested.

Post any that you have seen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Reports where Moss will NOT be going

Washington was supposed to be divided, but not interested. 

I think the teams in the "middle" are going to be passed over.

The good news (if you fancy his return) is that most teams at the top either don't need him, or might not be willing to rock the boat with his addition.

The bad news is that most of them are the competition.

T minus 4 hours and counting until he is officially a free agent ... then we can find out if he really missed NE or if BB and Co. are really interested.

Gotta say ... the soap opera loving part of me would love to see NE get Randy, Branch, and a third, for one fourth rounder.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Washington is self destructing over the McNabb benching, so this might be a good idea to bring Moss in. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Places I think are realistic?

KC -
    Would add a deep threat, although Cassel is one of the worst deep passers in the game.

Atlanta -
    Would add perhaps the only missing piece that team needs on offense, although I could see Dimtroff not wanting to mess with the chemistry.

New Orleans -
    They rehabbed Shockey. They could always use another weapon in the mix. He most certainly would rack up stats there that he wouldn't anywhere else.

Middle of the pack teams -

Miami -

They could use another WR. They could also block NE/NJ from snaring him if they think interest there is sincere. Moss might not mind playing out the string in sunny south Florida. But still, Brandon Marshall AND a Randy Moss who might want in on a real contender????

OAKLAND -
    I read that their front office might claim him just to keep him from KC. That would be hilarious too. 

Teams that others say make sense but do not --

SD -
    They don't add players like him, are currently dumping malcontents, and have Floyd and Jackson coming back soon.

St. Louis -
    They are rebuilding. There is no need to spend the cash on a guy who could hinder the development of the team just to improve to a possible weak conference winner and likely one and done. Plus, I don't think Moss would play there.

Jets -

New Jersey is really stacked at WR. Randy doesn't add anything there. Still of the unlikely teams, this is the most likely, if anything to block him from NE.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Reports where Moss will NOT be going:
    T minus 4 hours and counting until he is officially a free agent ... then we can find out if he really  missed NE or if BB and Co. are really interested. 
    Posted by zbellino

Your post confuses me.   Do you really believe he makes it to Free Agency?  I sure don't think so.  I believe a team will risk the 3 million and sign him (Rams) even if they just want to make sure the Pats don't get him (Dolphins, Jets).  He may wind up a free agent next season but I really don't see him going through waivers without someone snagging him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

I'm not sure if I want to see him back. There are pros and cons. but I think it would be funny as all get out if we did get him back. a four week loan for a third. now that's entertainment!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I could see scenarios where both occur. 

$3.88 million (the actual figure) is some money to throw around. Fans tend to forget this. If a team thinks that Randy is anything less than happy and motivated to play for them ... the raw dollar figure is magnified.

Then again, how often do we see teams get a chance to claim someone just to keep him from an opponent?? It happens in baseball all the time.

I wouldn't expect any teams to tip their hand this early. If there are waiver claims, they will all come in at the last minute, so other teams can't counter then.

No matter what happens it is going to be dramatic. 
    a.) bad team claims him he sits
    b.) good team claims him, hubub about how much better they got,including possible story lines for AFC EAST and NFC NORTH rivals sticking it to Pats/Minny.
    c.) no team claims him he is washed
    d.) claimed to block him, subterfuge and intrigue
    e.) NE signs him (they won't claim him), reunited at last

In those immortal words once uttered about Moss ... getcha' popcorn folks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Jets seem to be passing:

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5759447

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I can't imagine that a team would make a waiver claim on Moss if he puts it out through back channels that if he's claimed by the "wrong" team they can expect more of the Moss that Minny just saw.  Really, $3.8 mil is a lot to risk if you're a team that Moss has no interest in playing for.  If he shows up and blows up your team, you're paying him.  Seems like the best course of action, if you're a contender, is to wait until he's a free agent and then sell him on the merits of playing for your team.  Just my opinion. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Again, per RotoWorld

The Seahawks, Browns, Eagles, Ravens, Bears and Bucs are some teams that have either been ruled out or are viewed as very unlikely landing spots for Moss.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

add to your last sentence that the Vikings would be paying Moss under that scenario!

Washington was supposed to be divided, but not interested.  I think the teams in the "middle" are going to be passed over. The good news (if you fancy his return) is that most teams at the top either don't need him, or might not be willing to rock the boat with his addition. The bad news is that most of them are the competition. T minus 4 hours and counting until he is officially a free agent ... then we can find out if he really  missed NE or if BB and Co. are really interested. Gotta say ... the soap opera loving part of me would love to see NE get Randy, Branch, and a third, for one fourth rounder.  
    Posted by zbellino

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The only team that should take a shot at him is the team he wanted to be traded from a month ago. We're the only team where he didn't act like a degenaate. The worst thing he did was whine about wanting to be here and not getting the same feeling returned to him. 

That being said, I  don't know what BB would do if he had the opportunity to bring him back. He brought Branch back, I thought Bill made a voodoo doll of Branch when he left in 2006. It would explain all the injuries. =D

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

I tought it was TO w the popcorn comment....

KC has Pioli and a system in place that is similiar to the Pats and a QB Moss knows... But if he will be picked up it will be before that.

Funny if Oakland claims him and he is a no show...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

New Orleans is probably the most interesting scenario but will he fall that far? 

The Rams make sense for a couple different reasons.  Kind of in contention, really need a WR, and it would be a statement to fans who have doubted the organizations committment to winning over the past few years. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgram234. Show dgram234's posts

the jets just put out a claim that they will not claim merriman or moss

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

How many teams are left?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

Chargers guys... Chargers.
    It makes too much sense for both sides.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Chargers guys... Chargers. It makes too much sense for both sides.
    Posted by toocool9090

Malcolm Floyd, Vincent Jackson, Gates, Sproles...and Moss? I'm not seeing how WR would be a huge priority for the (not so) superchargers, they're first in the league in passing offense.  Throwing the rock is not what they need work on..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Report saying Moss is sitting out the season and not get paid to bypass playing for a crappy team.

"Moss wants a ring."

Source: Unknown

Report on WEEI

Sort of what some of use predicted.  People may not want the baggage and it's clear it's NE or nothing.

He could clear waivers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

In Response to Re: Reports where Moss will NOT be going : Malcolm Floyd, Vincent Jackson, Gates, Sproles...and Moss? I'm not seeing how WR would be a huge priority for the (not so) superchargers, they're first in the league in passing offense.  Throwing the rock is not what they need work on..
    Posted by andrewmcintosh

Lets see... you just listed 2 receivers, a running back and a TE as the entire Chargers receiving crew? Jackson will not play for some time, while the others, besides Gates, are not that great.
    That is like saying that we don't need Moss either because we have Tate and Woodhead. The Chargers need receivers and I'm sure they would like to build on a strength.
    I wish as much as the next guy that we can pick Moss up, but I just don't see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Could you imagine Moss in San Diego?  Not so sure Moss and Rivers would get along very well.  Seems like their ego's and attitudes would clash.  What a nightmare that would be for the Charger organization.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Report saying Moss is sitting out the season and not get paid to bypass playing for a crappy team. "Moss wants a ring." Source: Unknown Report on WEEI Sort of what some of use predicted.  People may not want the baggage and it's clear it's NE or nothing. He could clear waivers.
    Posted by BBReigns

That's a hefty pricetag for a guy that could come in and blow up your locker room.  Teams dealing with him as an UFA may be the best way to handle it, and maybe some GMs out there get that.  If Pittsburgh, the Giants or team XYZ comes in and offers him a deal, then he's going there on his terms, and that might be the only way they get a max return on their investment. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

SD needs Moss like a hole in the head. They are so undisciplined he would be more gas on the fire. 

I think there is a good chance Moss clears waivers and then starts talking real contracts with a few teams. Straight cash homey!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I can see SD being desperate and going for Moss, though. Bottom line is, Moss wants to go where he can get a ring, as some of us suspected.

He knows Minny is done and now her regrets requesting the trade.

SD is not in any better shape than Minny.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Since he can clear waivers and get paid for sitting at home maybe that's his best option. I really don't see him coming back here especially since it's been made quite clear there's no spot for him next season. The ONLY senerio I can come up with would be moving Edelman to the practice squad to make room.

Sections
Shortcuts