Resetting the Draft Board: Day Two

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Resetting the Draft Board: Day Two

For those of you disatisfied with what the Pats have done thus far, heres' a possible scenario of what tomorrow will bring, in ROUND TWO:

33.) Washington Redskins (from New England Patriots): QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas: Oh ye of little faith, the Pats can choose from any of the following: QB Ryan Mallett or Colin Kaepernick; RB Mikel Leshoure, or Ryan Williams; WRs Torry Smith, or Leonard Hankerson, TE Kyle Rudolph, DE Da'Quan Bowers, or Jabaal Sheard, DT Marvin Austin, or Stephen Paea, OLB Akeem Ayers, or Brooks Reed, CBs Aaron Williams, or Brandon Harris. Will the Pats take their QB of the future? My guess is that the Pats will trade down with the Redskins...getting their 41st overall pick, plus a second rounder in 2012, for the 33rd overall pick;

34.) Buffalo Bills: QB Colin Kaepernick, Nevada: The Bills nab their QB of the future;

35.) Cincinnati Bengals: RB Mikel Leshoure, Illinois: The Bengals continue to try to entice Carson Palmer back to the fold, with new weapons;

36.) Denver Broncos: DT Marvin Austin, North Carolina: The Broncos grab their DT now;

37.) Cleveland Browns: DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson: The Browns pray that his knee is sound;

38.) Arizona Cardinals: OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA: Say goodbye to Joey Porter;

39.) Tennessee Titans: WR Torrey Smith, Maryland:: Titans give Jake locker a deep threat;

40.) Dallas Cowboys: CB Aaron Williams, Texas: Cowboys secondary was a joke last season;

41.) New England Patriots: DE/OLB Brooks Reed, Arizona: The Pats hope that Reed is the pass rusher they've been looking for;

42.) Houston Texans: CB Brandon Harris, Miami: Secondary in Houston last season was a bigger joke than the one in Dallas;

43.) Minnesota Vikings: DE Jabaal Sheard, Pittsburgh: Vikings need a replacement for UFA Ray Edwards;

44.) Detroit Lions: LB Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina: Lions continue to fortify their "D" with some solid help at LB;

45.) San Francisco 49ers: QB Andy Dalton, TCU: 49ers get their QB;

46.) Denver Broncos (from Miami): LB Martez Wilson, Illinois: Denver continues to fortify their "D";

47.) St. Louis Rams: WR Greg Little, North Carolina: Huge WR makes an inviting target for Sam Bradford;

48.) Oakland Raiders: OT/OG Orlando Franklin, Miami: Huge interior lineman to replace UFA Robert Gallery;

49.) Washington (from Jacksonville): WR Leonard Hankerson, Miami: 'Skins give Ryan Mallett a target;

50.) San Diego Chargers: Casey Matthews, ILB, Oregon: Chargers hope he's at least half as good as his brother;

51.) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: OG/C Rodney Hudson, Florida State: Bucs solidify the interior of their OL;

52.) NY Giants: OG/C Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State: A need pick. 

53.) Indianapolis Colts: DT Drake Nevis, LSU: Colts need to bolster the sieve in the middle of their DL;

54.) Philadelphia Eagles: CB Curtis Brown, Texas: The Eagles need a CB to play opposite of Asante Samuel;

55.) Kansas City Chiefs: OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida: The Chiefs get a much needed bodyguard for Matt Cassel;

56.) New England Patriots (from New Orleans): WR Randall Cobb, Kentucky: A young Deion Branch. Extremely dangerous in the open field after the catch;

57.) Seattle Seahawks: DT/DE Allen Bailey, Miami: Seahawks have several UFAs on their DL;

58.) Baltimore Ravens: TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame: The Buzzards need a replacement of the aging Todd Heap;

59.) Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta): WR Titus Young, Boise State: Browns get a much needed weapon for Colt McCoy;

60.) New England Patriots: FS Raheem Moore, UCLA: It may well be that the Pats have seen enough of Brandon Meriweather;

61.) San Diego Chargers (from NY Jets): OLB Chris Carter, Fresno State:The Bolts hope that Carter can ease some of the pressure off Shaun Phillips;

62.) Chicago Bears: DT Jurrell Casey, USC: Replacement for Tommie Harris;

63.) Pittsburgh Steelers: OT Jah Reid, Central Florida: Steelers reach a bit for OL help;

64.) Green Bay Packers: RB Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech: Great value pick for The Pack at the end of the second round.          

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: Resetting the Draft Board: Day Two

Reed is a good pick. I'd probably go DL and OG for the other 2 picks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

I don't mind Reed for sure, despite my preference for Houston (Did you completely overlook him or do you really think he falls to the third?).

Also, I'd reach for Moffitt at 60. I don't think he will be available at 74. We need a road grader opposite Mankins (or take over Mankin's spot if he leaves) to help BJGE get 1200 yards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nathan-ndeira. Show nathan-ndeira's posts

To me I think it will be buffulo or cinci will trade up for pick 33 but i really want the patriots to draft justin houston, to me he is better than reed and has experience, he played his senior season as an OLB, pick #60 Will rackley would be great as a fit at OG round 3 take DL, pick 54 take Randell Cobb=lethal weapon BB will use him that way

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

I think your right in the fact they will trade with the Redskins but I hope they get them for a diff package.

My hope is we get 41 and 49 in a deal ( swapping 74 and change ) or we some how get 49 and a 2012 1st.

Not that the 2012 2nd would be bad value.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Yeah, it looks like 3 1st round picks, next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

i like it Tex  Reed and Cobb are nice picks. Might go for Boling/Moffit or if they like RB Williams at 60.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Resetting the Draft Board: Day Two:
    [QUOTE]I don't mind Reed for sure, despite my preference for Houston (Did you completely overlook him or do you really think he falls to the third?).

RESPONSE: There's a good chance that Houston will fall out of the second round:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/26/report-justin-houston-christian-ballard-failed-drug-test-at-combine/

Also, I'd reach for Moffitt at 60. I don't think he will be available at 74. We need a road grader opposite Mankins (or take over Mankin's spot if he leaves) to help BJGE get 1200 yards.

RESPONSE: The two draft publications that I've read, Mel Kiper's Draft Report and Ourlads Draft Guide, have Moffitt ranked as the 5th or 6th among the OGs available...a 3rd or 4th round pick.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]To me I think it will be buffulo or cinci will trade up for pick 33 but i really want the patriots to draft justin houston, to me he is better than reed and has experience, he played his senior season as an OLB, pick #60 Will rackley would be great as a fit at OG round 3 take DL, pick 54 take Randell Cobb=lethal weapon BB will use him that way
    Posted by nathan-ndeira[/QUOTE]

There are red flags with Houston:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/26/report-justin-houston-christian-ballard-failed-drug-test-at-combine/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I think your right in the fact they will trade with the Redskins but I hope they get them for a diff package. My hope is we get 41 and 49 in a deal ( swapping 74 and change ) or we some how get 49 and a 2012 1st. Not that the 2012 2nd would be bad value.
    Posted by Asher77[/QUOTE]

Your deal of course wopuld be better. But, looking at the draft value chart, it's not likely. the 33rd overall pick is worth 580 points. The 41st is worth 490, and the 49th is worth 410. A second rounder next year is scored as a third rounder this year...so as to be worth, say, 185 points.

Here is the draft value chart to which I am refering: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]i like it Tex  Reed and Cobb are nice picks. Might go for Boling/Moffit or if they like RB Williams at 60.
    Posted by Patriots1970[/QUOTE]

If Mikel Leshoure were there at 56 or 6o, I could see the Pats drafting him. What stopped me about Williams was that he's a similar RB to Danny Woodhead. The Pats need more of a power, all-purpose type, like a Daniel Thomas or a Shane Vereen...to back up BJGE.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Resetting the Draft Board: Day Two :      There are red flags with Houston: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/26/report-justin-houston-christian-ballard-failed-drug-test-at-combine/

I don't see the Pats trading within their own division with the Bills. In fact, one of the reasons why they might trade the 33rd overall pick might be to keep one of the three remasining top QBs away from Buffalo.

If Cincinnati trades with the Pats, their 35th overall pick is just two spots lower. So, they would be less likely to offer that pick, plus a second rounder next season.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

It will be interesting to see if an auction breaks out for pick #33, among  QB-needy teams, such as Washington, San Francisco, Oakland, and Seattle: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/28/pats-can-now-conduct-a-mallett-dalton-kaepernick-auction/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Tex,
    I wish I had the time to follow the draft..........since you're all over this do me a favor and tell me that they'll have a nasty pass rush this year. I seriously don't think I can take another season of watching scumbags like Sanchez have their way throwing on us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

I think that the Pats will take a hard look at Allen Bailey with one of those 3 second round picks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I like Leshoure if he's still around late in the 2nd.  I like the Reed pick earlier in the round also.  Wondering though if BB might want to start going after interior OL in the 2nd. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Tex, I wish I had the time to follow the draft..........since you're all over this do me a favor and tell me that they'll have a nasty pass rush this year. I seriously don't think I can take another season of watching scumbags like Sanchez have their way throwing on us.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Yeah Sam...I didn't care for the Patriots trading out of the 28th overall pick, with Wilkerson available. But, suppose something happens to Drew Brees, and the Saints go 6-10? You never know.

The Pats badly need a young 3-4, stud DE. But, they'll likely pick up a pass-rushing, 3-4 OLB (Brooks Reed?), tomorrow. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I think that the Pats will take a hard look at Allen Bailey with one of those 3 second round picks.
    Posted by nightrider495[/QUOTE]

Could be. He might be the 3-4 DE that they need. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I like Leshoure if he's still around late in the 2nd.  I like the Reed pick earlier in the round also.  Wondering though if BB might want to start going after interior OL in the 2nd. 
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

The Pats should be able to get a good OG in round 3.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Taking Solder at pick #17 made a ton of sense. Protecting Tom Brady is job one...and Solder could be a pro-bowl caliber LT for the next decade. BUT...the Pats tepid front seven and weak pass-rush was not addressed. Were the Patriots wise to trade the 28th overall pick? This from Mike Reiss: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=6447464

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Having the 33rd overall pick puts the Pats in command for round two: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/659553-nfl-trade-speculation-new-england-patriots-likely-to-trade-33rd-overall-pick

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Since Reed would be near the top of my list at 33 and I think he will be a very good fit at NE a trade that nets extra picks in 2012 and still gets Reed is like stealing.

If it falls this way.... Great.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i think that is a really excellent round 2 mock draft, i would not be surprised to see it come of that way for the most part. i would really like to see the pats focus all 3 picks on defensive front 7 help though...they are just too weak in that area right now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

[QUOTE]I think your right in the fact they will trade with the Redskins but I hope they get them for a diff package. My hope is we get 41 and 49 in a deal ( swapping 74 and change ) or we some how get 49 and a 2012 1st. Not that the 2012 2nd would be bad value.
    Posted by Asher77[/QUOTE]I'm with you...that I like....

Sections
Shortcuts