Resting Starters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Resting Starters

Colts did it.  SD is doing it.  Pats did it.  NO did it. 

Any question really about the fact that teams rest starters in meaningless games?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Re: Resting Starters

My pleasure.  I would never claim to be in the league of the smart one, but I appreciate the kind words.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

19-0
    BTW, your starters didn't look too good in either game you lost, probably would have lost any way.  Now you have an excuse as transparent as it may be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

I don't remember NO benching any starters while they were still unbeaten??? Of course playoff bound teams bench starters for meaningless games - but only one team has done it when they've got immortality on the line. That is an act of cowardice in my book.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

So underdog now you're going to explain why sitting Manning indoors at home was because 16-0 doesn't matter but playing him in a blizzard when the prospect of getting injured is greater just to get Clark 100 catches is a smart move?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from welly. Show welly's posts

Brilliant observation Doggg. You win the Stephen Hawking genius award for stating the obvious. Teams do rest starters in meaningless games. Gutless teams quit when they have a chance at immortality.

Underdoggg and his inbred Indy cousin Dogggie Styles

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Good one welly. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Yes, we all know that teams rest starters for the playoffs. What exactly is your point?

Oh, I see. This is what you do just as I explained earlier. You try to use something another team does (usually the Pats) to validate mistakes made by the Colts.

Everyone reading this thread knows there is a fundamental difference in the situations in which every other team rested its starters aside from the Colts.

Every other team was not undefeated and 2 games away from an undefeated season.

One of these things just doesn't belong here. The Colts quit on history and their fans.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I have one question. Did any of the teams that did it have a shot at NFL immortality?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Nope besides the Colts' excuse was blown when the played Manning in a blizzard so Clark could get 100 catches.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

C'mon Underrdog,  I know you know football a little more than you let on.  Please don't insult our intelligence by trying to group resting players with the Colts passing up on a chance on making history. 

I guess if you are, you are in the same camp with Polian in feeling a shot at 19-0 is meaningless.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Now Root - The colts org already told you and the country and anyone willing to listen that they were not interested in going undefeated. 

You and those unwilling to listen only do so because it allows you to be critical of them for your own selfish purposes.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nailz. Show Nailz's posts

You don't rest your starters for the whole game.  You want them to stay sharp. You want the timing to be there.  Practice cannot compare to game speed.

* To anyone that disagree's - you're an idiot!*

Elderman will fill in just fine.  Not worried about the O.  It's the defense that's the problem.  DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanUK. Show PatsFanUK's posts

But doggg, that's the entire point - the vast majority of posts on this subject have been referring to both the arrogance shown by the organisation (not the players) by contradicting themselves over the reason for benching the starters (when they played in far more dangerous considitions today) and the complete disregard it has shown to its fan base by not giving a monkey's chuff about something that clearly meant something to those that support the team (yourself included I think?).

Critical for selfish purposes? 99.9% of the Colts fan base have been critical, have they not? It's hardly an argument created for selfish gain - it's merely fodder which further cements our already formed opinion that the Colts organisation is a sour and arrogant institution.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from briansierra. Show briansierra's posts

What difference does it make now?  With or w/o welker, pats season is done next week as Baltimore will absolutely lay a  beat down on pats defense.  Flacco will bomb away at that secondary and brady will be running for his lifw most of the game, poor guy.  Were it not for the "reche caldwell " ravens receiver, baltimore would have beat pats earlier.  Ravens 38-3!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Colts did it.  SD is doing it.  Pats did it.  NO did it. 

Any question really about the fact that teams rest starters in meaningless games?

Yes, but only one of those teams did it when they had a chance at making history.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

We just had a Ravens troll here... 38 - 3 IN the Razor??!!  Get real briansierra as I can't call that effort against the 5 - 11 Raiders that impressive.  Russell handed that game to the Ravens!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Now Root - The colts org already told you and the country and anyone willing to listen that they were not interested in going undefeated.  

Sure, but that isn't the point. (It also happens to be the latest in a long line of incorrect reasons why they sat their starters, but that is another issue.) 

The original point of your thread was to try and validate the benching of starters. Your trying to say what the Colts did was OK because other teams do it. That isn't the issue and never was. The issue - as many on this board have stated - is that they did wimp out. It doesn't matter if they said that before - the Pats actually said similar things as well before going undefeated. What matters is that they actually did wimp out.

I know you need to lie to yourself because that is how you survive.

Don't blame me because the Colts wussed. Maybe blame me because I won't let you pretend they didn't. But if you are going to do that, you may as well just point the finger at yourself because you are the one who keeps insisting they didn't. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

Now we know where dog has been. He's been getting filled back up will the colts horse$h!t. Please we all know it was you that called polian a PU$$

Sections
Shortcuts