Resurrecting "Spygate" in Denver?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Resurrecting "Spygate" in Denver?

Now that Josh McDaniels has lost his first game in Denver, apparently the Denver Post thought the time was right to pose the question, "What role did McDaniels play in spygate?" Can't you sense how the Cutler apologists and the Josh haters have been foaming at the mouth to bring this BS up?
    http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13704961.

Be sure to browse through the comments to the article, which chastise its' author for bringing this BS up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Resurrecting "Spygate" in Denver?

Really?  Come on!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

It's bad enough he's instituted the Pats playbook in Denver but he has to dress like BB too?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Denver doesn't deserve Mickey D.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Try to separate yourself from your own opinions.  Consider the way reporters do their job these days, and then ask yourself, if you were them wouldn't you ask the question?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Resurrecting "Spygate" in Denver?:
    [QUOTE]Try to separate yourself from your own opinions.  Consider the way reporters do their job these days, and then ask yourself, if you were them wouldn't you ask the question?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

When I "consider the way reporters do their jobs these days", it makes me gag.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Try to separate yourself from your own opinions.  Consider the way reporters do their job these days, and then ask yourself, if you were them wouldn't you ask the question?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Only if you're looking to generate controversy in order to sell papers because you lack talented writers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I read the article in the Denver Post. What struck me were the replys from the local Denver Readers. Good answers, I could hangs with these folks.

"Spygate scandel was already resolved and done long time ago. McD would have been punished if he had anything to do with it at all.
    Why bring this up? Is it because Broncos had lost its first game and after waiting in agony for 7 weeks, it is time to get even.
    I can not see any logic in printing this article. It is designed to put doubts in people's mind of McD's integrity as a person and as a coach.
    This is totally absurd and unfair."

"
    This a complete and total BS article... Hey Sammy in Phoenix, remind your dad that the Broncos under Shanahan got caught "cheating" some years back. I guess you can be selective about who you call a "cheater" if you choose to dislike someone. And Legwold, you can do better than digging this kind of dirt up.

Oh yea, I almost forgot... anytime Congress sticks their nose into sports, it ain't about sports... I guess Sen. Arlen Specter was out pandering to the "stupid" for votes... He's going to need'em..."

"OK it's official. The DP is on a mission to rehabilitate Mike Shanahan and destroy Josh McDaniels even before he has ended a single season as a Broncos head-coach. But that was expected to a great extent. Shanascam spent 14 years in Denver, more than enough time to put every petty reporter in this town on his "injured reserve" list. The Broncos stank so bad the past two years they could have killed a skunk from a mile away, but the DP (Kisla, Paige, Armstrong and the other losers) repeatedly gave praise to Jay Interceptler and the stale and washed-up Shanadumped. Now for the first time in 10 years we have a decent football team in Denver which could actually accomplish something and the DP sets off on a mission to bury them. Despicable. That's the only word for it."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Resurrecting "Spygate" in Denver? : Only if you're looking to generate controversy in order to sell papers because you lack talented writers.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]
    Forget the second part of your answer.  Talent has nothing to do with it.  The first part says it all. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Looks like it's time to break out my patented "This is what happens when you have too many media outlets and not enough journalists . . . "  screed.

Both Tex and Evil are correct here, and oddly, underdogg's take is valid as well.

It doens't really matter if the writers are talented or not (I've been reading for many years, and it may be that I was spoiled by the likes of Will McDonough, but my opinion is that, while there may be guys who can turn and entertaining phrase scattered about, there are no real journalists anymore). The notion that controversy sells media is not new, but it has become the single driving impetus behind most everything you see and read today. With too many media outlets and not enough properly-trained and responsible journalists, what suffices instead are writers who can create something out of nothing.

Now, this is not a talent that should go unappreciated, Grabbing and holding people's attention -- and selling them newspapers or programming -- when you don't really have anything to say is a valuable skill. It's just not journalism.

Here's a wonderful example:

In the pre-season, when the Viklings were courting Bert Favray,TMZSPN's very own Mr. Peepers "reported" a couple of weeks before training camp that Minnesota had issued a deadline of one week before camp opened for Favray to sign or the Vikes would be moving on with T-Jack and Sage against the Machine (shudder). Well, Chilly, the guy who supposedly instituted this imaginary deadline, came out immediately in print and on the radio laughing at Clayton and questioning his "source" -- stating unequivocally that the information was false, that no such deadline existed or ever had existed and that it was incredibly irresponsible for the media to be trying to create its own news.

Everyone in Winter Park and, by extension, Viklingsland in general, knew that Peepers had either made the entire thing up out of whole cloth (likely), or was perfectly willing to believe any random idiot who told him what he wanted to write anyway, and reported it as fact (even more likely).

To all of this, TMZSPN's reaction was a predictable "We are sticking by our story."

Now it's true that TMZSPN is not the best example to use when looking for actual sports journalism. The acronym, as we know, contains nowhere in it the word "News." But that network, by its reputation, has come to be the standard-bearer for highlights and postgame blather, and now apparently feels it has reached a point where things become true simply because it reports them.

And another important thing to remember is that good news isn't really news.

People want the dirt, and they want it now.

Whether or not it's true (or even particularly dirty), is at best a secondary consideration.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[QUOTE]I'm glad to see that the Spygate fiasco is alive and well!! Only in beantown is BB revered. The rest of the country sees him as nothing but a cheater.Who does he think he is anyway??Did you guys ever see the South Park Episode about BB and his cheatriots? It's a must see for any pats fan!
    Posted by SoldierLeonBoy[/QUOTE]

Did you ever see the jest lifting the lombardi trophy? did they have film way way way back then?  here's to the Chant " 40 more years" "40 more years"  HE HE

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

-- "If you pay a compliment to a small breasted woman would that be considered flattery?" --

Is this a Harleyroadking original?

Because I am definitely stealing this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Hmmm... I thought Leon posted something here but I don't see anything.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[QUOTE]     -- "If you pay a compliment to a small breasted woman would that be considered flattery?" -- Is this a Harleyroadking original? Because I am definitely stealing this.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Mike, I've never seen it anywhere but one would think a comedian somewhere said it. And you are more than welcome to steal it....LOL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Resurrecting "Spygate" in Denver? : Mike, I've never seen it anywhere but one would think a comedian somewhere said it. And you are more than welcome to steal it....LOL!
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

really stupid I think.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Texas Pat, no offense but.....sometimes I wonder whether you really are a Patriots Fan.

You seem to have a knack for opening threads that real Pats fans don't really want to read about.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

"This a complete and total BS article... Hey Sammy in Phoenix, remind your dad that the Broncos under Shanahan got caught "cheating" some years back. I guess you can be selective about who you call a "cheater" if you choose to dislike someone. And Legwold, you can do better than digging this kind of dirt up."  gmbill

For those that forgot,the Broncos were penalized nearly a million dollars on two seperate occasions and lost a draft choices each time for making secret deals with players that helped them stack their team with talent during their Superbowl seasons.

Broncos Penalized Again for Salary Cap ViolationsBy Mark Maske

Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, September 17, 2004; 5:37 PM

The penalties imposed Thursday on the Denver Broncos for violations of the league's rules regarding the disclosure of deferred compensation to players and the salary cap were the second sanctions against the team for similar infractions in less than three years.

In December 2001, the Broncos were fined $968,000 and lost a third-round pick in the 2002 draft for violations reportedly relating to $29 million in deferred payments to quarterback John Elway and running back Terrell Davis.

On Thursday, the league announced that the Broncos have been fined $950,000 and will lose a third-round selection in next year's draft for circumventing the salary cap between 1996 and '98. The penalties were set in an agreement between the league, the Players Association and the Broncos and resolve a case against the team brought before the sport's special master by the NFL's Management Council in January 2003, the league announced. The penalties could be viewed as further vindication for Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis, who has said in the past that Broncos owner Pat Bowlen should be suspended for salary cap violations. Davis has contended that the Broncos' circumvention of the salary cap helped them win the Super Bowl in the 1997 and '98 seasons

Link to the rest of the story:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28969-2004Sep17.html

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Resurrecting "Spygate" in Denver? : The more time I spend in here listening to the seasonals, the more I begin to suspect that there is no longer any such thing as a "real" Pats fan.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Define "real"

I know you don't like the "real" Pats fan posts and I respect your reasoning behind this disdain, but I can say without a doubt that I'm a Patriots HOMER.  You'll never meet a more passionate Patriots fan who will try to reason almost anything out in the Patriots favor ever (although I try to stay objective... with inconsistent levels of success).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Resurrecting "Spygate" in Denver? : Did you ever see the jest lifting the lombardi trophy? did they have film way way way back then?  here's to the Chant " 40 more years" "40 more years"  HE HE
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

Color TV had been around for a whopping 5 years so it might even be on 2 inch reel to reel video tape.