Retire the Number

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Retire the Number

Brown is so humble I'm not sure if he'd want his number retired honestly

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I agree I would love to see his number retired but the only problem is they probably won't because it's not like hockey or basketball where there are plenty of numbers for players to wear because the roster is smaller. Football teams have to be picky who's gets retired. Sadly the only number we'll see retired from this decade is probably Brady maybe Wilfork. Maybe in the future- McCourty. The Pats only retire canton members. It is sad that Troy can't get into canton because he was a team player and did it all. I guess its all about the dumb stats though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He will be a lock for the Patriots Hall of Fame

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

If you retire #80 you kind of have to do the same for #54 in my opinion

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

86 is out there and Carson Butler is no Stanley Morgan.

Troy Brown would certainly deserve to have his number retired, but there are too many retired numbers already. Plus, using that standard, there are many other numbers that should be retired from before 2000.

A case could be made for14 Steve Grogan, 15 Babe Parilli, 11 Drew Bledsoe and Butch Songin, 85 Julius Adams and Nick Buonoconti, 26 Raymond Clayborn, 24 Ty Law, 35 Jim Nance, 65 Houston Antwine, 39 Sam Cunningham, 81 Russ Francis, Jim Colclough, and Moss, and others.

And I watched Bob Dee play and still don't understand why 89 was retired. Nothing against him, but Larry Eisenhauer stood out to me more.

Other Patriots who wore 80

Irving Fryar

Don Hasselbeck

Jack Rudolph

The Pats have 7 retired numbers already while The Steelers have only 1 and the Cowboys none. I think all numbers currently retired should be unretired and put in a ring of honor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Love the guy, but he wasn't good enough to have his number retired.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Troy was a great player and one of my all time favorites but the only number that should be retired in NE is #12 when Tom hangs calls it quits.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

I am the proud possessor of a signed/autographed Troy Brown jersey.

It gets donned for "the important games". We all have our little rituals or superstitions or whatever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Then you'll have to retire 54, 50, 24, 55, 93 and 12 someday...

Too many numbers to retire...best leave it alone. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Retire the Number:
    [QUOTE]Then you'll have to retire 54, 50, 24, 55, 93 and 12 someday... Too many numbers to retire...best leave it alone. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Too many numbers are needed on a football team.  You can't start being the Celtics and retire everyone's number.  #12 will be the only number that gets retired.  And that will come when he has a bust in Canton.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

doesn't Troy Brown have a statue outside the stadium already?