Retiring from the board.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hulk. Show hulk's posts

Re: Retiring from the board.

So is this like a Brett Favre retirement? I am sure we will hear from you again.  Until then, enjoy.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Re: Retiring from the board.:
    In Response to Re: Retiring from the board. : why do you think he's a troll? because he has a different opionion or point of view than you?
    Posted by kansaspatriot

AHHH YES the Entitled American Way.....  They are entiteld to so much including the ignorance of insisting that another's thoughts are valueless if they do not toe the line creted by their own thoughts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

In Response to Re: Retiring from the board. : Congrees needs to get involved here.  This trolling is ruining America.  Where is Joe McCarthy when you need him?
    Posted by Bustchise

YEP and your ISP should be contacted and YOU should be the very first on the banned list..... You know that many a state is working on Digital bullying laws..... LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from batou. Show batou's posts

And there was much rejoicing.  Yeahhh

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Posted by digger0862

LOL

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

We'll miss you Babe . . . but there's nothing wrong with coming out of retirement if the mood hits . . .

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Retiring from the board.:
    It's time to move on my fellow Pats' fans. I've tried to put up the good fight against deception as I have seen fit. But grappling with the same dense arguments over and over isn't enhancing the experience for many on this board. And I will not allow such deceptions to go unchecked if I remain. I'm posting this only for the reason that I want none to mistakingly believe I was banned and I do want to say it has been fun for my part. I feel whomever moderates this board has done a good job in that they let the fur fly to an extent and only step in when absolutely necessary. I will apologise to those I have offended by calling them stupid. I'm just referring to their football talk and I don't take any of this too seriously. I hope at least some have enjoyed my participation. I will return to read some stuff from a few posters as they do very much provide interesting and wise commentary on the team. zbellino and mthurl are always guys I want to hear. There are many others and you should know who you are because I have probably never called you an imbecile. ;) You all take care of yourselves. God bless. And I MEAN that. GO PATS!
    Posted by BabeParilli

why leave.
    why keep up any fight? just keep posting your views (without any need to "win" anything). we are all richer for the views of every one.
    those who dont make it their job to just attack others are all an important part of the community and we would be lesser without any one; including you.
    please take this intoconsideration.

peace
    bred/brd

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Pay attention, folks. PAtsman3, a troll, just quoted my response, but the mods actually deleted another response of mine with no rules broken whatsoever to protect the trolls who add nothing to this board. This somewhat proves they want trolls and/or one of the mods is a troll. Why was my post deleted?  Hmm.
    Posted by BassFishing

I read your post, quoted in another users reply.  It's because it was a trollish, personal attack.  That's why most of your posts are deleted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Are you a mod?

How is it that when I list actual trolls here, you know, non-Pats or the constant agitators, they aren't "trollish" or here with "personal attacks" when they clearly are?  Are you and Vertigo brothers? lmao

You seem to focus ONLY on me and not on the clear violators of the essence of the board. 

The mods also deleted a post of mine that had nothing remotely close to a "personal attack" nor was it "trollish". 

You struggle to know what you're talking about nor are you consistent. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Are you a mod? How is it that when I list actual trolls here, you know, non-Pats or the constant agitators, they aren't "trollish" or here with "personal attacks" when they clearly are?  Are you and Vertigo brothers? lmao You seem to focus ONLY on me and not on the clear violators of the essence of the board.  The mods also deleted a post of mine that had nothing remotely close to a "personal attack" nor was it "trollish".  You struggle to know what you're talking about nor are you consistent. 
    Posted by BassFishing

You used "nor" incorrectly.

Only two people have I ever put on ignore on this board.  Babe and one of your previous incarnations.  You are both trolls.  You are just by far more prolific and aggressive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

What is your opinion of "Bustchise"?   Or JintsFan?

Bustchise registered here on 12.18, yet seems to know all the players on this board.  He's very obviously a belligerent Jets fan that no one with a brain likes here.  Look at his posts.  

Why don't you focus on the actual trolls as you try to run around here arrogantly policing the board?

Are you a mod?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Wow he's persistant... how did he just all of a sudden follow your post with one of his own... that's crazy.. that is trolling.  There must be no mods.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What is your opinion of "Bustchise"?   Or JintsFan? Bustchise registered here on 12.18, yet seems to know all the players on this board.  He's very obviously a belligerent Jets fan that no one with a brain likes here.  Look at his posts.   Why don't you focus on the actual trolls as you try to run around here arrogantly policing the board? Are you a mod?
    Posted by BassFishing

Bustchise and Jintsfan are obnoxious b/c they are fans of the Jets and Giants and have no business on a Patriots board where they are here to bother and 'be trolls' they both are 'losers' as you say but I tend to be able to ignore them easily or laugh them off in a few sentences about how silly they are for being here

Yet the posters who leave a couple sentences of snotty remarks now and then are not nearly as annoying as those who write paragraph upon paragraph confronting and personally/childishly insulting fellow Patriot fans, twisting arguments around, using ad hominem attacks, all b/c a stranger simply has a difference of opinion over something involving the team you BOTH mutually root for and/or provide the 'better' stats/facts on a topic and 'wins' an argument b/c of it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

So you favor annoying trolls who are from NY/NJ over Pats fans who have been suppporting this team in a variety of ways for 30 years? 

Also, Babe doesn't write paragraphs. He writes in his mind, witty little one liners meant to prod the discussions others are having, which is the defintion of troll work.

Your fight is with Babe and his buddies like Jints, Bustchise, et al.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In Response to Re: Retiring from the board. : Bustchise and Jintsfan are obnoxious b/c they are fans of the Jets and Giants and have no business on a Patriots board where they are here to bother and 'be trolls' they both are 'losers' as you say but I tend to be able to ignore them easily or laugh them off in a few sentences about how silly they are for being here Yet the posters who leave a couple sentences of snotty remarks now and then are not nearly as annoying as those who write paragraph upon paragraph confronting and personally/childishly insulting fellow Patriot fans, twisting arguments around, using ad hominem attacks, all b/c a stranger simply has a difference of opinion over something involving the team you BOTH mutually root for and/or provide the 'better' stats/facts on a topic and 'wins' an argument b/c of it
    Posted by rameakap

^ This

Jintsfan I actually don't mind too much; he does post actual football discussion on occasion (although he's mostly here to rub the SB in our face).  Bustchise is just weird; as catch-phrases go, "double down" is one of the worst, and makes me think he's eaten a bit too much KFC.

Neither of them, however, attack their fellow fans of their home teams with the same zeal and gusto as Rusty.  THAT is why I dislike you.  A fellow Patriots fan simply disagreeing with you is enough to whip you into a frenzy of ad hominem attacks, screaming "TROLL" at the top of your lungs.  You are incapable of having an honest, calm, rational discussion with someone who disagrees with you.  You see this board as a war that you must win, not a place to discuss football.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Laughable. I disagree with many fans here and we agree to disagree. I don't like the supposed PAts fans who use the board to push an agenda that it's intended to ruin or sabotage discussions the ones who choose to discuss, are having with one another.  He's one of them.

I've disagreed with dozens and fans here and simply moved on, each acknowledging the other's points and reason, but disagreeing.  Dozens of times.  it's the refusal or ignorance of the other's analyis and articulation of the concepts within the discussion that causes the problems. If it's over your head, don't comment.

No rational person can sit here and not realize Babe has an unhealthy man love for Tom Brady, which is at the very core of his persona here.   Pats fan or not, his belligerence and unwillingness to concede a point of any kind that somehow disaprages his view of Brady, is not only immature, but disturbing considering what just happened in the playoffs and the fact Babe is someone in his 60s.

If I am in love with a professional NFL QB like that, to that degree, in my 60s, shoot me.

Good day, Matty.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Babe:

Youre overthinking this one

You are allowing the 1%ers here, ie, the morons who mislabel you a "troll", to chase you off the board

Meanwhile the rest of us, the 99%ers who either like you or have no strong opinion of you one way or another, are left feeling a bit dazed and bewildered

If youre leaving the forum because you think your presence is lessening the experience here for some of the others, you arent being selfless, youre being dumb

I dont mean youre personally dumb, but this sudden leavetaking announcement of yours is

Looks like a damn stunt

IMO you should stay. By leaving, you are handing the 1%ers a small victory

Seems to me youre letting the stupid thread from yesterday get to you, Babe

I thought you were smarter than that...

I'll end on a quote:

"I reserve the right to change my mind"
                                               ~ Bill Parcells

Sound advice. I think you should take it

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Retiring from the board. : ^ This Jintsfan I actually don't mind too much; he does post actual football discussion on occasion (although he's mostly here to rub the SB in our face)...

Posted by MattC05

You may not mind Jints, that's your business.  But you're wrong about the "actual football discussion" part. At least I've never seen it. Then again, I've had him on ignore for a few weeks so I suppose it's conceivable he's made a complete 180 and contributed something somewhere. I'd be shocked though. I'm not exaggerating or trying to goad anyone either. He's just an irritant and that's all he intends to be or is capable of.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

It is absolutely amazing that you say others have an agenda. You attack life long pats fans like myself when we hold a different pov then you all the time. It's just amazing. You say he has a problem with 12 , but nobody slurps BB more than. You are the definition of hypocrisy and stupidity. Babe is doing something you could never do. Which is leave this board. You comeback over and over after being banned. Seriously who does that? Who creates multiple accounts over and over just to fight with people. Your a joke. You spend your time talking nonsense , just waiting for someone to reply to one of your mindless range. It's abundantly clear you have no life , job , girl/wife etc. You spend almost all of your time on here obsessed with how many times Brady throws the ball. What's really funny is all your keyboard courage. You wouldn't dare speak to people like that in person. Only behind your computer in your parents basement. No way your actually from Boston. No way you grew up in Southie , Dot , C-town or anywhere like that. Please tell us again how Meriweather was the 2nd best FS in the NFL Rusty.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

What's really funny is all your keyboard courage. You wouldn't dare speak to people like that in person. Only behind your computer in your parents basement. No way your actually from Boston. No way you grew up in Southie , Dot , C-town or anywhere like that. Please tell us again how Meriweather was the 2nd best FS in the NFL Rusty.
    Posted by 1guy1sharp

Oh, please

If we all addressed each other here the way we address people IRL, what a dull board this would be...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Retiring from the board.:
    It's time to move on my fellow Pats' fans. I've tried to put up the good fight against deception as I have seen fit. But grappling with the same dense arguments over and over isn't enhancing the experience for many on this board. And I will not allow such deceptions to go unchecked if I remain. I'm posting this only for the reason that I want none to mistakingly believe I was banned and I do want to say it has been fun for my part. I feel whomever moderates this board has done a good job in that they let the fur fly to an extent and only step in when absolutely necessary. I will apologise to those I have offended by calling them stupid. I'm just referring to their football talk and I don't take any of this too seriously. I hope at least some have enjoyed my participation. I will return to read some stuff from a few posters as they do very much provide interesting and wise commentary on the team. zbellino and mthurl are always guys I want to hear. There are many others and you should know who you are because I have probably never called you an imbecile. ;) You all take care of yourselves. God bless. And I MEAN that. GO PATS!
    Posted by BabeParilli

This is why I don't take this crap seriously, and rarely argue things. Just not worth it. I hang around, crack a few jokes, laugh at the arguments and go on about my day. This is what makes the forum fun--that and watching PIKE talk to himself and drivel constantly on the Sox boards with his 20+ monikers. It's the spice of life on here. But to get into some serious argument where someone upsets me or influences me to leave? Not likely. When they start that crap, I just
    say something funny and move on. It never fails.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Retiring from the board. : Oh, please If we all addressed each other here the way we address people IRL, what a dull board this would be...
    Posted by AcheNot

+1. My point exactly. Which is why there's no way I take this stuff seriously.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Rusty says....

I disagree with many fans here and we agree to disagree. I don't like the supposed PAts fans who use the board to push an agenda....

1. When have you ever agreed to disagree with anyone here....

2. Agenda line...

Image Detail

Sections
Shortcuts