Retiring from the board.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Retiring from the board.

In Response to Re: Retiring from the board.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Retiring from the board. : You must be new here, so I'll key ya in:  When even a BDC Member I commonly disagree with is at a weak stage wherein he's getting pushed around by several other posters, I am most often THE first, to jump on that person's side in order to even this commonality of negative-picked-on mentality up.  When even someone whom many consider and dub "A Troll", such as Underdogg (yet I don't and never have), is being lambasted too far, I am most often THE first, to place my own loyalties of "Patriots Fandom" aside for what I've always believed to be the far greater intent of curbing someone in the minority of "strength" of sway and say at that given moment's time, To come to their defense...because that feeling of any greater power abusing a lesser powerful force, regardless of subject or subjectee, runs so painfully deep in my persona that I actually feel I have no choice but to do otherwise.  And When even someone whom I've never even ONCE seen prior on here, is at such a critical stage (as was the case of the female Indy Fan on here some time back, expressing all her doubts on continuing to stay alive 1 more second on this earth), And even the opposites of the same stvp!d creed of team-loyalty, and even the doubts of my cynicism of whether or not this call for help was in fact Real, wherein Most others began blasting such a person as making a false claim and call for attention rather than a call for help, I AM and continually will remain being, not simply THE first to place my own personal forms of disbelief on the side, but to also lower and debase my self through deliberate efforts of self-critical humour, extremely personal revelations about my own struggles and failures, Simply in the hopes that even IF I'M the one whom comes out as the judged and pathetic, and even IF that person whom I feel might be in a REAL & TRULLY troubled state, just might be in fact, sincerely on the veritable brink of doing something final and tragic to themselves. ...If it helps you further to get a more objective understanding of my take from my previous post, I'VE outted Babe personally MUCH more than once upon him crediting as factually proven hard numbered data, by going back...and checking personally...and then coming back to correct his several deliberate attempts to mislead people in the past 2 years of his regular posting on here.  If it helps you out any more, I practice what I preach on here in everyday life to a FAULT:  I've said this prior, the notion that "Respect is earned" is something utterly foreign to my mindset, both on here and in life...because respect is and forever WILL be granted, from moment #1, ABSOLUTELY equal to me is the family of stray cats by the dumpster out back, as is the blazing hot gypsy-looking 19 year old girl at my tanning salon, as is the disheveled homeless guy on the street, as is the guy in the tie and suit bellowing stock demands into his bluetooth while in a check-out line, or the cop demanding and usually always granted forms of all-out & extreme respect...To each and every one, they're awarded the exact same and equal amount of respect in my interractions with them to a "T".  Respect is never awarded in different degrees and at different times, and differently to different types at the onset...Respect is equally granted, then won into admiration if and when I see that you have and offer qualities which uplift others and bring others along with you.  Respect is lost when I see that you yourself, don't adhere to this creed whatsoever, and you spend an inordinate amount of time and energy being insincere, biased and impartial, condescending, petty & slefish- or just self-interested and petty, Loud, overbearing, overwrought, fixed & immobile... ...If it helps you, I specifically only voiced my feelings towards babe, 3 days removed from him insulting me on another thread, simply so I MYSELF would be a bit better removed based on that instance...  The feelings now, as has been my most often held and taken away from those feelings based on babe's 2 years of posting, are the same...unfortunately.  If it helps you throw this up on my shoulders, heap it on under this final light:  3 days ago, I had a grand total of $11 to my name (this means: "TO MY NAME"), so I spent it wisely on a veggie pocket at D'Angelou.  Upon paying, and the girl asking whether I'd like to donate a dollar to The Jimmy Fund, and me expressing my poverty- Some guy waiting for his own order behind me, threw out a coupon book, giving me a ticket for a dollar off my pocket.  Thanking him (3 seperate times actually...spaced out in intervals, as pathetic as that is), I sorta knew that such a kind gesture must be repaid outwardly and somehow.  So on my way home, I remembered that this guy whom I had never seen prior, was standing on the off ramp exit to the highway holding a sign (I believe it said: "I just got fired, and I AM looking for work, But I have no food right now...I am hungry, but would still rather beg than ever steal).  I walked through a parking lot and a field just to give him 1 of my 7 (6) remaining dollars to my name...  Would you do that?  Do you think based on what you've seen from babe's 1000's of comments, that he would EVER, even for a half second, even CONSIDER doing something like that...?  And no, it ain't got nothing ta do with any wishes to be seen in even the smallest of greater lights....  It DOES have EVERY-thing to do, with those persons whom have continually proven in their remarks and expressions, to be loathesome human beings- whom neither want to change, or help, or uplift, or better see, or more fully see...those whom don't even see that it's even an issue, or neccessary at all.   You have to have shown A HE!!-Of-Alot of negativity For ME to have given up on you.  I mean, I'm blind and pretty pathetically gullible towards that sh#t...so when you fail to the point when I'm writing personal slights expressed as the above mentionables, Wow-  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

So, you gave one of your last $7 to some downtrodden person, but you seem to have a computer and internet access. Sounds a little fishy, oh selfless Laz.

Or maybe they just gave you an $11 meal allowance for your day out at the sanatorium. Why didn't you just ask your companion in the white suit to give the guy money.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

BP...I welcome your decision to un-retire and I also bid Rusty a belated welcome return.
    I Find it amusing and ironic that 'on your own Post' of retirement that you and Rusty are still un-relenting on some posters. I was going to post some personal info about myself as an example but now after the answer to LAZ, I choose not because perhaps I also would be considered a self rightous/serviant person.

I find that AcheNot and 1guy1star had an exchange above that would serve as a great example of how posters should behave toward each other. They both should be applauded as even though in dis-agreement they both had respect and got their point across. I also applaud the posters who do'nt get involved with the few nonsense posts that happen now and then, smart move!

Why involve other posters and accuse them of being someone else? Both You and Rusty are paranoid about this. They are NOT Rusty and they are NOT you! In case I'm wrong then who Cares except you and Rusty. Do you think when the Pats go into the Huddle that they are really talking about YOU or Rusty? Stop this crap.

I find hilarious comments here and it all adds up to Entertainment! This is not a football post anyway so whats the big deal?The Laz comment about the Tibet overture was hilarious as was Wozzy claiming, don't put me on the same bus with Rusty or the 15315K guy saying " hey LQQK I'm just another guy in LA trying to enjoy the Pats because of too much Lakers here. Hilarious!

Satire:
    TB in the huddle; Remember Mankins, Rusty and Babe are watching, so do your job, OK? Give me that Block!
    Mankins; OK Tom but remember Don't throw a pick because Rusty will have a field day on BDC. /unsatire

Let's' return to FB discussions and 'IF' a name or two is included It's just a way to emphasize a human reaction, thats all it is in CYBERSPACE! I used to get the 'BIRD' from my wingman all the time because he was a Raider fan, fully returned with the 'left' hand and a smile - always a joke, the right hand is sacred for saluting protocol and respect.

It's cyberspace but a controlled forum not a foolish news item with Nutty people arguing back and forth about Liberals, Democraps and Republipoops. Lets use the 'right hand more'!

It's late now ...yawn, have a good sleep.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]BP...I welcome your decision to un-retire and I also bid Rusty a belated welcome return. I Find it amusing and ironic that 'on your own Post' of retirement that you and Rusty are still un-relenting on some posters. I was going to post some personal info about myself as an example but now after the answer to LAZ, I choose not because perhaps I also would be considered a self rightous/serviant person. I find that AcheNot and 1guy1star had an exchange above that would serve as a great example of how posters should behave toward each other. They both should be applauded as even though in dis-agreement they both had respect and got their point across. I also applaud the posters who do'nt get involved with the few nonsense posts that happen now and then, smart move! Why involve other posters and accuse them of being someone else? Both You and Rusty are paranoid about this. They are NOT Rusty and they are NOT you! In case I'm wrong then who Cares except you and Rusty. Do you think when the Pats go into the Huddle that they are really talking about YOU or Rusty? Stop this crap. I find hilarious comments here and it all adds up to Entertainment! This is not a football post anyway so whats the big deal?The Laz comment about the Tibet overture was hilarious as was Wozzy claiming, don't put me on the same bus with Rusty or the 15315K guy saying " hey LQQK I'm just another guy in LA trying to enjoy the Pats because of too much Lakers here. Hilarious! Satire: TB in the huddle; Remember Mankins, Rusty and Babe are watching, so do your job, OK? Give me that Block! Mankins; OK Tom but remember Don't throw a pick because Rusty will have a field day on BDC. /unsatire Let's' return to FB discussions and 'IF' a name or two is included It's just a way to emphasize a human reaction, thats all it is in CYBERSPACE! I used to get the 'BIRD' from my wingman all the time because he was a Raider fan, fully returned with the 'left' hand and a smile - always a joke, the right hand is sacred for saluting protocol and respect. It's cyberspace but a controlled forum not a foolish news item with Nutty people arguing back and forth about Liberals, Democraps and Republipoops. Lets use the 'right hand more'! It's late now ...yawn, have a good sleep.
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

I propose that a person applying undue concern to a churlish response on a message board is over reacting. It isn't a big deal. It's football talk, not an assessment of their ultimate worth.

Laz chose to define a person's commentary on a message board as proof they were a bad person. I propose such a condemnation makes him far more the bad person than the one he accuses. Calling someone stupid is much less the transgression than is calling them wicked for using the term.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I just want to say, I did NOT say I was retiring from the board to build up the joy of expectation in my detractors only to $natch that bliss away and bask in the good feeling of their subsequent torment. Really, I didn't.

As I say, I humbly apologise to all members of the board for causing a stir.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]I just want to say, I did NOT say I was retiring from the board to build up the joy of expectation in my detractors only to $natch that bliss away and bask in the good feeling of their subsequent torment. Really, I didn't. As I say, I humbly apologise to all members of the board for causing a stir.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Okay then. Stop with the personal attacks. When you stick to football, you often have a different, but interesting slant on things.

You really need to let up with your love affair with Tom Brady. We all can agree that Brady is one of the greatest QBs of all-time. In my view, if he wins one more SB, he's the greatest, hands down. But, you are with Brady the way "The Dog(ggggg)" has been with Peyton Manning.

I also suggest that you place Rusty on ignore. You guys are like oil and water.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Retiring from the board. :      Okay then. Stop with the personal attacks. When you stick to football, you often have a different, but interesting slant on things.      You really need to let up with your love affair with Tom Brady. We all can agree that Brady is one of the greatest QBs of all-time. In my view, if he wins one more SB, he's the greatest, hands down. But, you are with Brady the way "The Dog(ggggg)" has been with Peyton Manning.      I also suggest that you place Rusty on ignore. You guys are like oil and water.  
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

My apology was for causing a stir by saying I was going, not for calling numbnuts a numnut.

I will endeavor to keep any attacks in check, except for probably 3-4 individuals depending on their actions.

My assessment of Brady is spot on perfect. When he errs I admit it freely. When he is superlative I state that too.

I do not deride Manning as much as many here do. My and Dogsss disagreements have been strictly on who is better. You have much greater issues with him on Manning than I do.

I will likely never ignore Rusty. If I did he might get away with an evil machination.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hrm.... what do I have to do to make Laz write an epic rant about me.....

Seriously, that was great Laz, to bad it backfired (or did it? don don dun)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Hrm.... what do I have to do to make Laz write an epic rant about me..... Seriously, that was great Laz, to bad it backfired (or did it? don don dun)
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

There is nothing here he has ever belched onto a keyboard that's even bearable, much less great.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Retiring from the board. : Entitled my a** Rightie
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

But he is a Pats fan, and you are not.  And watch that talk about people needing their @$$ kicked.  Little pukes like you who live on other teams sites and make snide remarks CONSTANTLY are the worst kind of troll, no matter how irritating Rusty can be.  Take your temporary "Big Brother" badge and go hang out with your own people. You festering pustule.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Retiring from the board. : My assessment of Brady is spot on perfect. When he errs I admit it freely. When he is superlative I state that too.

RESPONSE: I fail to recall a time when you've been critical of him. You constantly are defending him...as if he needs it. You also are continually straining to point out that he's more important to the Pats' success than BB...something that most fans disagree with you on. Whether he is or isn't, who cares? Both are among the all-time greats at their respective positions. I maintain that BB is the greatest coach of all-time. Tom needs one more SB win to earn that distinction among QBs.

I will likely never ignore Rusty. If I did he might get away with an evil machination.

RESPONSE: "...an evil machination"??? What's that? And so what if he does? Do you really believe that most here take him seriously? You evidently do. Why? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Retiring from the board. :In Response to Re: Retiring from the board. : My assessment of Brady is spot on perfect. When he errs I admit it freely. When he is superlative I state that too.

RESPONSE: I fail to recall a time when you've been critical of him. You constantly are defending him...as if he needs it. You also are continually straining to point out that he's more important to the Pats' success than BB...something that most fans disagree with you on. Whether he is or isn't, who cares? Both are among the all-time greats at their respective positions. I maintain that BB is the greatest coach of all-time. Tom needs one more SB win to earn that distinction among QBs.

RESPONSE: "...an evil machination"??? What's that? And so what if he does? Do you really believe that most here take him seriously? You evidently do. Why? 
    Posted by BabeParilli
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

I've criticized Brady when needed. The Baltimore playoff game was not good, but most don't temper their assessment allowing for the exceptional pass D the Ravens have. His Bills' game was not too good either, but again, people don't temper that and account for his 4 TD passes.

It's not that I don't find fault in him. It's that too many are spoiled and expect perfection every week. There were only a few of your grades all year that I took exception to and on one of them I said you rated him perhaps a bit high.

Rusty deceits must be monitored.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Retiring from the board. : Alex Smith??? If the niners had Brady or a QB like or nearly as good as him they would have won it all this year. 
    Posted by 15315k[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

This picture basically sums up this thread. You can see the mod hiding behind the bar.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Dear Babe / Goldfinger ( see previous BParelli Bio Post )

I believe you started this thread in earnest and at the time of it's initial posting fully intended to retire from further BDC postings.

My guess is you became acutely self aware and probably just realized enough was enough .

I also believe that upon deep reflection you now have an opportunity to realize some greater good for yourself and your fellow posters here ...

But it's gonna take some serious self restraint on your part .

The question is :

Are you strong enough to do it ?

Or are you actually just a weak minded ,trouble -seekin' blow hard after all ?

I don't want to believe it's the latter.

The solution is simple.

1) Make a list of the posters / enemies that cause you to blow a gasket ...

AND PUT THEM ON IGNORE .

2) Endeaver to refrain from any further name -calling / enemy gathering .

In other words ...

START FRESH.

You seem like a fairly intelligent individual with a respectable modicum of self awareness ...
    I believe you know this has to be done in order to move forward  , at least on this sight .

Please don't continue to insult the rest of us here by spoutin' the condescending and inappropriate line "If I did he might get away with an evil machination ".

We'll all big boys here ( and girls ) and we can defend and decide for ourselves .

Finally -

Though I personally don't share all of your beliefs , I do believe you make valuable contributions and more importantly I defend your right to be heard.

I hope that the spirit that initially caused you to start this thread re-appears  , takes hold , and leads you toward the very EZ choice you know deep down you should make ...

TYPE A LIST OF THE POSTERS THAT CAUSE YOU DESCEND INTO THE NETHER REGIONS AND HIT IGNORE .

Do this and I believe you may just find BDC peace of mind .

I know you'll have my sincere gratitude.
    ( and I suspect many others here as well )

Capt. F out.

IN BB ( & BRADY ) WE TRUST

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE] Are you strong enough to do it ?  Or are you actually just a weak minded ,trouble -seekin' blow hard after all ?
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

This is the kind of thing that evokes stern response. My new rule is that other than 3-4 particular individuals I'm going to give a one time mulligan to persons who strike the first blow. ONE. You just had yours.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Babe isn't Rusty, he's Brett Favre.

I didn't realize one could "retire" from posting on a sports message board.  I guess with the economic downturn you took a second look at your boston.com 401k and decided to stick it out for another year or two :)  Glad to see it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Babe isn't Rusty, he's Brett Favre. I didn't realize one could "retire" from posting on a sports message board.  I guess with the economic downturn you took a second look at your boston.com 401k and decided to stick it out for another year or two :)  Glad to see it!
    Posted by jeffab[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the perks here are sweet!! lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Retiring from the board. : Yeah, the perks here are sweet!! lol
    I only post for the groupies.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I wasn't about to read eight pages of this nonsense, so forgive me if somebody has already done this:

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Bye Babe, I'll miss ya.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]I wasn't about to read eight pages of this nonsense, so forgive me if somebody has already done this:
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

LOL! The man loves the attention..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Bye Babe, I'll miss ya.
    Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

Oh, you're retiring too. Okay, be well!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Retiring from the board. : LOL! The man loves the attention..
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

It seems I was getting all the attention anybody could ever need before this thread.

But by posting in this thread you have apparently defeated your own purpose.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

reretire

Sections
Shortcuts