Revis a Patriot??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Revis a Patriot??

Doubt that this would happen. It's more likely that Denver would do a deal for him. But, if it did happen, and somehow the Pats were also able to keep Talib, that's would be a pretty huge upgrade in the secondary...not to mention what it would do to Jets fans...LOL!!! http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/01/pats-broncos-could-be-trying-to-shake-revis-free-from-tampa/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: Revis a Patriot??

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Doubt that this would happen. It's more likely that Denver would do a deal for him. But, if it did happen, and somehow the Pats were also able to keep Talib, that's would be a pretty huge upgrade in the secondary...not to mention what it would do to Jets fans...LOL!!! http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/01/pats-broncos-could-be-trying-to-shake-revis-free-from-tampa/

It would be worth it to me personally to see us sign him just to watch the projectile vomitting of pure bile from NY JET TROLLS at the news....havingThe NY JETS face him twice a year would have this place in nirvana!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Patriots would have to cut 5 players to get enough open room in their cap. Is it possible sure, anythings possible! Denver is also trying to wrangle the Bucs out of Revis.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I can't see it, too much money. A $16 mil cap hit would put them over the cap (unless they make other moves prior). It would require a new contract to go into effect immediately after the trade.  I can see them getting involved just to drive up the price though.

If they're going to spend big money on a FA CB other than Talib, go after Verner or even Grimes. I'm also not convinced Talib's market is going to be as robust as they do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Revis is nothing more than a big name at this point.  No way would I want the Pats to give up a pick for him and absorb that crazy contract.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Another thing...if Revis is so great, why do teams want to trade him away all the time?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Revis is nothing more than a big name at this point.  No way would I want the Pats to give up a pick for him and absorb that crazy contract.

Too selfish for my taste. The contract he seeks will reflect that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Another thing...if Revis is so great, why do teams want to trade him away all the time?  

$$$$...no one but a SB winning QB is worth that kind of $$$ .. Tannebaum/Idzik/Ryan and the Jets are pretty stupid when it comes to giving away big $$$ contracts (Revis/Sanchez/Santonio Holmes)

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

TP, you can't seem to post without mentioning the Jets.  Although Revis would give the patsies their first legit starting corner since Ty Law, I'm just not sure how the cap hell patsies will scrounge up the 16 mil a year in addition to giving up picks in the deepest draft in 25 years.  Sounds like patsie fans have given up on re-signing julian, talib, blount, spikes or collie.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

In response to mellymel3's comment:

$$$$...no one but a SB winning QB is worth that kind of $$$ .. Tannebaum/Idzik/Ryan and the Jets are pretty stupid when it comes to giving away big $$$ contracts (Revis/Sanchez/Santonio Holmes)

Yes, as HC, Ryan has really handed out the money and in Idzik's one year, look at all that crazy spending.  You freakin idiot.  

I'm not the ifdiot BUST-CHISE...YOUR NY Jets are the idiots...I'm sure Ryan went to Tannenbaum and said, "We need him badly, he makes our D work" and so they signed him..accpet it...JET TROLL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

LMAO...all it takes is anyone talkin' truth about NY Jet Follies and BUST-CHISE busts out for the entire world to see.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Yes, as HC, Ryan has really handed out the money and in Idzik's one year, look at all that crazy spending.  You freakin idiot.  

I'm not the ifdiot BUST-CHISE...YOUR NY Jets are the idiots...I'm sure Ryan went to Tannenbaum and said, "We need him badly, he makes our D work" and so they signed him..accpet it...JET TROLL

Yes, that's what happened.  Rex detailed the amount of money that the best CB in football should get.  Tell me again about al that money Idzik spent.... moron.  Did Rex also tell Mike T to draft Wilk at #30? You seem to have all this inside info about how the Jets are run.  Are you a Jets fan?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Yes, I'm afraid that you are the ifdiot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Although Revis would give the patsies their first legit starting corner since Ty Law,

I would say Talib is legit

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Although Revis would give the patsies their first legit starting corner since Ty Law,

I would say Talib is legit

Talib and Revis would be a dream, with Dennard in the slot.  Can a boy dream.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

SWEET!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

SWEET!

It ain't got nothing ona TFB photo shop, but I thought this was proper for the thread.  I really hope this happens.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

For those who think Revis  isn't a game changer...you are clueless...last year was his first year back after a significant injury on a team which was in complete dissaray. I would rather the Patriots let Talib walk if they could figure out a way to afford Revis. That said I don't think NE could or should afford paying him. One could dream! Maybe a contract restructure in advance? And I don't think that is an option unfortunately. 

Revis on one side would get us back to the Super Bowl no doubt. BB would be in heaven and our blitz packages would be fun to watch. One can dream.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Talib and Revis would be a dream, with Dennard in the slot.  Can a boy dream.  

YES!! Revis would need to restructure that contract big time for this to work. BB wouldnt play him more than 10 a year.

that would also keep Arrington off the field in most situations!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

TP, you can't seem to post without mentioning the Jets.  Although Revis would give the patsies their first legit starting corner since Ty Law, I'm just not sure how the cap hell patsies will scrounge up the 16 mil a year in addition to giving up picks in the deepest draft in 25 years.  Sounds like patsie fans have given up on re-signing julian, talib, blount, spikes or collie.  

Hi Mike! Great to see that you've recovered from that Denver SB debacle so quickly! That therapist did one heck of a job!!

LOL!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Forget Talib and sign Revis.  He is a far better CB and would still be playing come playoff time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Love Revis as a player, always have. But that $16M hit is too high for a CB. Wonder who steps up to sign him? Speculation is Denver, does that mean they walk on DRC? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If the 49ers enter the bidding it's over because they have 11 draft choices to work with. If Oakland was in on it they could actually absorb the cap hit like it was nothing.

Sections
Shortcuts