Revis, Allen and a decent receiver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Revis, Allen and a decent receiver

If we land all three, I'm thrilled. I think by doing that we will have landed a better corner than Denver, a better pass rusher and add to our offense.

I like the way Denver went about their business - seeing a window of oppurtunity - and "going for it". I think we will do the same...we shall see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Re: Revis, Allen and a decent receiver

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we land all three, I'm thrilled. I think by doing that we will have landed a better corner than Denver, a better pass rusher and add to our offense.

I like the way Denver went about their business - seeing a window of oppurtunity - and "going for it". I think we will do the same...we shall see.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all counts. Draft well in addition to your above three and I will be dancing in the snow covered street.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Not sure we can afford Revis and Allen. That would be roughy 18-20 million for two players. Not sure that would be a wise decision. We'll see. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Agreed.  Then pickup a S, OL, DT, and TE in the draft and we'll be ready to rock and roll.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Agreed.

Something like... Revis, Allen (rumored that he would've accepted 3/$10M with Denver?), TE Scott Chandler and Edelman or Sanders or Lance Moore or Lafell would be solid.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed on all counts. Draft well in addition to your above three and I will be dancing in the snow covered street.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, get the tightend in the draft and maybe land that defensive tackle in the second. I imagine Revis will improve our pass rush just by making the quarterback hold onto the ball longer and then Allen and Jones will clean up. Sounds good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not sure we can afford Revis and Allen. That would be roughy 18-20 million for two players. Not sure that would be a wise decision. We'll see. 

[/QUOTE]

I imagine Wilfork will restructure once he sees these guys come on board...once he sees what we are doing with his cap savings.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Agreed.

Allen (rumored that he would've accepted 3/$10M with Denver?)

It was worded poorly in the tweet, but what Rap meant was that he would have accepted what they gave to Ware (3/30 or 10 per year).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

But probably not feasible unless they can structure the contracts for an increased hit in the next couple seasons, especially with the cap going up.  Additionally, they could cut VW and Connoly and get a DT and OL in Rd 1+2.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Man, if we could get Allen, Lafell, and Revis, I would be pretty pumped and less ticked-off about losing Talib.  HOWEVER, I wouldn't want to pay Revie more than 6 or 7 mil./yr. he is coming off ACL surgery, and is 30 already.  I'm just afraid that we'd be paying for a BIG NAME and that his production will not be near what is has been in the past

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Agreed.

Allen (rumored that he would've accepted 3/$10M with Denver?)

[/QUOTE]

It was worded poorly in the tweet, but what Rap meant was that he would have accepted what they gave to Ware (3/30 or 10 per year).

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification, seemed awful cheap to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Agreed.

Something like... Revis, Allen (rumored that he would've accepted 3/$10M with Denver?), TE Scott Chandler and Edelman or Sanders or Lance Moore or Lafell would be solid.  

[/QUOTE]

What do you think of Lafell? Is he a guy who can run that quick slant? Can he make a sight adjustment in this offense? Or is he just a run straight down the field guy? He had decent production last year...good size/speed. His age is right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man, if we could get Allen, Lafell, and Revis, I would be pretty pumped and less ticked-off about losing Talib.  HOWEVER, I wouldn't want to pay Revie more than 6 or 7 mil./yr. he is coming off ACL surgery, and is 30 already.  I'm just afraid that we'd be paying for a BIG NAME and that his production will not be near what is has been in the past

[/QUOTE]

The good news is that he's 28 and two years removed from the ACL. The New York Daily News is reporting that the Jets have to keep him away from us, this guy is pretty good...certainly the best if healthy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

I remember Lafell playing well last yr against us.  Big, fast, and seemd to catch the ball well.  I was more concerned with lafell beating us than Smith. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

if they can restructure wilforks contract they might be in good enough shape to pull it off, but like ive said before, the pats biggest need imo is a tight end or two behind gronk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to theshinez's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I remember Lafell playing well last yr against us.  Big, fast, and seemd to catch the ball well.  I was more concerned with lafell beating us than Smith. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah he had like 7 catches or something. The guy had 49 catches last year...he's pretty big. I remember when he came out of the draft, he was one of a handful of big, fast, productive receivers that you didn't know if they were going to make it in the NFL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I'm even down to grab Peppers who could be cheaper than Allen

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm even down to grab Peppers who could be cheaper than Allen

[/QUOTE]

At 34? I don't know. I think that ship has sailed, but with his height and Belichick's love for a versatile player...maybe. I just think Allen would put us over the top, I don't know if it's been reported that we are interested...or he is willing to come here, but the guy can rush the passer. I imagine Chandler Jones won't go invisible in the playoffs with Allen on the other side on passing downs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Agreed.

[/QUOTE]

What do you think of Lafell? Is he a guy who can run that quick slant? Can he make a sight adjustment in this offense? Or is he just a run straight down the field guy? He had decent production last year...good size/speed. His age is right.

[/QUOTE]

Just checked out all the tape I could find... mostly highlights etc.  He doesn't seem at all afraid to work the middle of the field and will absorb the big hit (caught a short slant for a TD against NE this past season in the RZ)... really like his hands and body control and he adjusts wel to poorly thrown passes.  He's not a pure burner, but can create down the field and has some RAC ability. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Give me Revis, Peppers and LaFell.

I think Allen has a number in mind and will not budge, as was reported. I think Peppers would come here for less than Allen would. I get all Panthers games here in NC so I've seen plenty of LaFell. He is an ok WR. I think he could flourish with Brady as long as he gets the system.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 6m

I'm no @GregABedard, but looking at fit, I feel like Jared Allen would be a natural in Seattle ... Same with Julius Peppers in New England.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Just checked out all the tape I could find... mostly highlights etc.  He doesn't seem at all afraid to work the middle of the field and will absorb the big hit (caught a short slant for a TD against NE this past season in the RZ)... really like his hands and body control and he adjusts wel to poorly thrown passes.  He's not a pure burner, but can create down the field and has some RAC ability. 

[/QUOTE]

You are still watching tape?  Hello 2014!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

The Pats sign Revis, Allen and a WR - I'll be astonished

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Not sure Lafell has good enough hands; saw some awful drops last season. (Wrecked my fantasy team).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are still watching tape?  Hello 2014!!

[/QUOTE]

Not sure I understand?

Sections
Shortcuts