Revis, Allen and a decent receiver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Revis, Allen and a decent receiver

Peppers might be a more likely addition, Allen is a greedy bunhole.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Peppers might be a more likely addition, Allen is a greedy bunhole.

Shaunessey is even more likely than either of the previously mentioned Bunhole and Peppers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from minnypat. Show minnypat's posts

Stunning how a top tier team like the Pats can have SO MANY HOLES to fill.

Forget Allen, he's not worth 10m, he won't take less and BB won't pay. Give Peppers one year at 6.5.

Don't ya have to think about it if you could get both Cromartie's AND Champ to play safety for the same price as Revis.

With all the safety signings I am betting Pryor is there at 29.

Can anyone say with any degree of insight if either Armstead at DT or Josh Kline at OG are for real as possible front line players or is it just spin.

Cut Connolly and Kelley already.

And please get a quality vet center. Anyone besides Wendall.

And I still say you talk to Bill O'Brien about Mallet, Ridley and Cannon for his 2nd and 3rd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Agreed.

Something like... Revis, Allen (rumored that he would've accepted 3/$10M with Denver?), TE Scott Chandler and Edelman or Sanders or Lance Moore or Lafell would be solid.  

What do you think of Lafell? Is he a guy who can run that quick slant? Can he make a sight adjustment in this offense? Or is he just a run straight down the field guy? He had decent production last year...good size/speed. His age is right.

He's basically a poor mans Nicks. Not that special of a player and had issues with drops last year. Not sure he's any better than Dobson or Thompkins really and maybe not even better than Harrison, provided Harrison can run slightly better routes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

Agreed.

Something like... Revis, Allen (rumored that he would've accepted 3/$10M with Denver?), TE Scott Chandler and Edelman or Sanders or Lance Moore or Lafell would be solid.  

What do you think of Lafell? Is he a guy who can run that quick slant? Can he make a sight adjustment in this offense? Or is he just a run straight down the field guy? He had decent production last year...good size/speed. His age is right.

He's basically a poor mans Nicks. Not that special of a player and had issues with drops last year. Not sure he's any better than Dobson or Thompkins really and maybe not even better than Harrison, provided Harrison can run slightly better routes

Well that doesn't sound too encouraging. I'd have to think with a better QB throwing him the ball he should turn into a 60 catch guy...give us a little something on the outside, etc. The problem is we are stuck with Amendola and when you think about it, Amendola cost us Welker and possibly Edelman. I don't know what to expect from Dobson after the foot surgery - feet are funny for wideouts - when I heard they brought in Lafell, I thought uh oh.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Give me Revis, Henry Melton and Owen Daniels and draft Wilforks future replacement in the 1st round. We can get 10 sacks out of guys like Mark Anderson and Tully Banta Cain when we have a strong interior d line that can collaps a pocket. Jones, Nink and a JAG are good but the jag will only do well/ get on the field if we have the DT's. Last year was bad luck due to injury. VW, Melton, Siligia and Jones is a good 1 thru 4. Need a veteran TE and a veteran low level receiver if Edelman comes back, if not go for Sanders, or Lafelle.

Pass on Jared Allen and Peppers. Also bring in charles Tillman for depth in secondary.  Lots of value all over the place in FA still and lots of cuts to come.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Allen isn't a great fit. He's a pin your ears back type, would be great as a situational guy but he wants to get paid too much for that. Peppers a better fit, if he has anything left in the tank. He's a 300 lb guy basically at 6'7, different animal than Allen or Ware. Closer to Seymour.

I still say let someone else deal with Revis, sign Browner and a lesser CB like Porter or a draft pick.

Nicks isn't a bad idea on a prove it deal, which he seems open to.  One year $6 mil or something like that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

You MIGHT get Revis...no on Allen...maybe on Lafell...a probable on S Smith and Woodyard...I hope the get together with Edleman  and it might happen because the market for wr's is pretty soft right now...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Allen isn't a great fit. He's a pin your ears back type, would be great as a situational guy but he wants to get paid too much for that. Peppers a better fit, if he has anything left in the tank. He's a 300 lb guy basically at 6'7, different animal than Allen or Ware. Closer to Seymour.

I still say let someone else deal with Revis, sign Browner and a lesser CB like Porter or a draft pick.

Nicks isn't a bad idea on a prove it deal, which he seems open to.  One year $6 mil or something like that.

I agree... I would bring Browner and Finnegan in for the same AAV or maybe even less than what Revis is going to cost.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Give me Revis, Henry Melton and Owen Daniels and draft Wilforks future replacement in the 1st round. We can get 10 sacks out of guys like Mark Anderson and Tully Banta Cain when we have a strong interior d line that can collaps a pocket. Jones, Nink and a JAG are good but the jag will only do well/ get on the field if we have the DT's. Last year was bad luck due to injury. VW, Melton, Siligia and Jones is a good 1 thru 4. Need a veteran TE and a veteran low level receiver if Edelman comes back, if not go for Sanders, or Lafelle.

Pass on Jared Allen and Peppers. Also bring in charles Tillman for depth in secondary.  Lots of value all over the place in FA still and lots of cuts to come.

I generally agree True but we need a DE who's good enough for 60% of snaps. No way we can let Nink and Jones take 95% of snaps again. They had nothing by the end of the year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

I agree... I would bring Browner and Finnegan in for the same AAV or maybe even less than what Revis is going to cost.

Even if they get Revis I'd want Browner even more. At that point you wouldn't need to count on Browner to be a starter so if you get starting time from him it's like a bonus. Revis, Browner, Dennard, Ryan would be an extremely strong CB core. But in the end if Revis is willing to take less than 10mil he's my choice if it's more I'd rather Finnegan, get a DE to spell Nink and Jones and grab a WR too along with Browner regardless of who they get.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I would say MUCH less, like maybe a third. Browner is one year $2 mil maybe, nobody is going to give him much. Too much downside, and he's no kid. Finnegan isn't getting much more than that either. He's on the downside, has been for a while. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I actually think signing Revis is a typical BB move. Every few years he deals/signs one of the best players in the league that he has always admired. Rodney,Colvin,Dillion,Moss,Welker,Talib and it will now be Revis. I think he is one of the best corner backs in NFL history and is fully healthy.

But if not, no biggie as their are still plenty of CB's out there that could make an impact. Cromartie, Carlos Rogers, Tillman, Finnegan....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Even if they get Revis I'd want Browner even more. At that point you wouldn't need to count on Browner to be a starter so if you get starting time from him it's like a bonus. Revis, Browner, Dennard, Ryan would be an extremely strong CB core. But in the end if Revis is willing to take less than 10mil he's my choice if it's more I'd rather Finnegan, get a DE to spell Nink and Jones and grab a WR too along with Browner regardless of who they get.

I think Shuagnessy would be  nice fit @ DE he can spell these guys in run situations and still has the ability to get after the passer. He would be a nice complimentry player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I generally agree True but we need a DE who's good enough for 60% of snaps. No way we can let Nink and Jones take 95% of snaps again. They had nothing by the end of the year

I agree we need to play a guy in a sub role. I think with the injuries at DT BB felt compelled to play Jones and Nink every snap. I don't think it is a matter of not having a guy that could do it. This guy plays his 50 million dollar TE on special teams up by 40 points in the 4rth qtr. He's just set in his ways. I think a stronger interior will make it easier for him to give guys playing time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I actually think signing Revis is a typical BB move. Every few years he deals/signs one of the best players in the league that he has always admired. Rodney,Colvin,Dillion,Moss,Welker,Talib and it will now be Revis. I think he is one of the best corner backs in NFL history and is fully healthy.

But if not, no biggie as their are still plenty of CB's out there that could make an impact. Cromartie, Carlos Rogers, Tillman, Finnegan....

Not fond of either Cromartie... one has a bad hip the other I just don't think is that good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Pete Shepard has tweeted that Revis has landed in Boston (physically) and is on his way to Foxhoro.  Sounds like this will happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

Pete Shepard has tweeted that Revis has landed in Boston (physically) and is on his way to Foxhoro.  Sounds like this will happen.

Link 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Pete Sheppard ‏@PShep326   28m

Multiple reports now indicate that Darrelle Revis landed in Boston earlier and is on his way to Foxboro...

https://twitter.com/PShep326/status/443881250475229185

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Pete Sheppard ‏@PShep326   28m

Multiple reports now indicate that Darrelle Revis landed in Boston earlier and is on his way to Foxboro...

https://twitter.com/PShep326/status/443881250475229185

Cr@p that means he has to travel on route 1 during rush hour through Foxboro? He might not want to sign unless those windows are extremely tinted. Man BB should have met him in Boston in a nice hotel  >.>

Just kidding to anyone living in or near Foxboro

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

If we land all three, I'm thrilled. I think by doing that we will have landed a better corner than Denver, a better pass rusher and add to our offense.

I like the way Denver went about their business - seeing a window of oppurtunity - and "going for it". I think we will do the same...we shall see.

that would be very cool.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

If we land all three, I'm thrilled. I think by doing that we will have landed a better corner than Denver, a better pass rusher and add to our offense.

I like the way Denver went about their business - seeing a window of oppurtunity - and "going for it". I think we will do the same...we shall see.

that would be very cool.

Ok we got one of them, now let's get the other two.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

that would be very cool.

Love to see Allen come through the door. Seems like slim pickings on WR's though. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

that would be very cool.

Love to see Allen come through the door. Seems like slim pickings on WR's though. 

Watching nfl network it looks like Allen will ask for a big contract and if he doesn't get it he will walk away from football. That surprised me - this is a guy who has been highly payed for a while now - I thought he would want to go to a team with a shot of winning it all and be a big part of that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

that would be very cool.

Watching nfl network it looks like Allen will ask for a big contract and if he doesn't get it he will walk away from football. That surprised me - this is a guy who has been highly payed for a while now - I thought he would want to go to a team with a shot of winning it all and be a big part of that.

There seems to be a few decent DE around. I know Seattles been letting some go and signing new people.

Sections
Shortcuts