Revis calls BB a jerk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Revis calls BB a jerk

In Response to Re: Revis calls BB a jerk:
    In the court of public opinion, evidence is no longer important. I love how people now a days think that whatever comes out of there mouths is true without evidence. I would love to see some of these so-called "comments" that Belicheck made. I guess Revis thinks his coach is a jerk too then, for the comments he makes about every other team.
    Posted by PATinPA

"When Rob Gronkowski and Darrelle Revis hit the SportsCenter set to lobby for Madden '13 votes on Wednesday, a rapid-fire word-association session got a little awkward.
    Revis was asked the first word that comes to mind when he hears the name Bill Belichick. He paused and responded: "Jerk"
    Gronkowski shifted in his seat, seemed suddenly uncomfortable, and said, "Wow, I wasn't expecting that one," while Revis sat grinning.
    Asked to elaborate, Gronkowski declined and quickly changed the subject.
    For the record, when asked what comes to mind when he hears the name Rex Ryan, Gronkowski played it safe: "Entertainer," he said
    ."

Here's a quick "tell" when it comes to the person, or Mass Media Publication, who's primary driving forces of "shock value", or "entertainment", or "sales/web hits", supercedes things "truth" or "factual accuracies"...

-When something outlandish and thus, profitable falls into their laps, as it did here.  They weren't concern about pressing Revis to back-up the validity of his claim...  Q: The direction of ESPN's next play?  A: To see if they themselves, could drum up some more "shock-value" Entertainment, by doing the subsequent pressing follow-up Q, asked to the guy with the vested interest with the "j#rk", rather than asking the guy whom made the "j#rk" statement to elaborate his thoughts, himself.  Disturbing..at least Springer never made his form of media, out to be something that it was not (i.e. Credible).

Troubling...because you're right.  As time wears on, this is the current norm, and not the exception.  And, You already can painstakingly see it in the terrifyingly shallow depth of people's reasoning and analytical abilities (unless one happens to be this type of person...in which case, Ya can't).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Thought 1.  Freaking weird and akward interview..
    Thought 2.  Laz, why are your posts always 6 pages long lol?
    Thought 3.  I love Gronk, but holy crap.. I have never seen an interview that Gronkowski looked intelligent in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from setanta-cuchulainn. Show setanta-cuchulainn's posts

It's a riot. The Pats are clearly in the heads of the New Jersey JV team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Thought 1.  Freaking weird and akward interview.. Thought 2.  Laz, why are your posts always 6 pages long lol? Thought 3.  I love Gronk, but holy crap.. I have never seen an interview that Gronkowski looked intelligent in.
    Posted by Ender587

Good work fella- Why don'tcha just directly ASK babe/jintsfan to come on in here, so they can wreck this thread.  They're the grim reapers of interest and amusement.  They see decent funny or well-wrought reason, and it's fingernail-tearing-with-pliers Torture.

Here, I'll save us ALL:

Babe: "Nope...You're TOTALLY wrong, and I disagree with such an !d!ot!c notion by you (no further reasoning/analysis ever added past this statement)."

JintsFan: "Try sensible English, I can't understand mumbo-jumbo."

Babe: "Try making sense, I can't understand such nonsensical English."

JintsFan: "No...You're UTTERLY incorrect; I must disagree with such a st#p#d analysis by you (no further reasoning/analysis added past this statement)."   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

It's not even April yet...and the Jets are already running their mouths!

LOL!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nailz. Show Nailz's posts

Very awkward interview...Will Revis issue an apology?  

It's actually kind of sad watching the Jets make fools of themselves in the media over and over....they're the ones who look like the "jerks"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Amazing how a Patriot fan can get all upset and jiggly whenever anything truthful, real or imagined comes out of the JESTS! organization.

Absolutely amazing! Until such time the NFL invokes the "Children MUST be seen and NOT heard" clause, who the heck cares what drivel comes out of NYC, or Jersey? Does it impact your day-to-day lives? Sure, we all get a kick out of Rex "Lick Your Right Foot Forward" Ryan and his seemingky ceaseless rants of being Super Bowl bound (an annual event, including a Sharpie demonstration), as well as watching the JESTS! come apart at the seems yearly, but so what? I see no need to get all worked up over a JESTS player needng to take 10 minutes to come up with the word to say "Hi!".

Suggest we just take whatever comes out of NYC, nod that it was said and heard, and then ignore it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Amazing how a Patriot fan can get all upset and jiggly whenever anything truthful, real or imagined comes out of the JESTS! organization. Absolutely amazing! Until such time the NFL invokes the "Children MUST be seen and NOT heard" clause, who the heck cares what drivel comes out of NYC, or Jersey? Does it impact your day-to-day lives? Sure, we all get a kick out of Rex "Lick Your Right Foot Forward" Ryan and his seemingky ceaseless rants of being Super Bowl bound (an annual event, including a Sharpie demonstration), as well as watching the JESTS! come apart at the seems yearly, but so what? I see no need to get all worked up over a JESTS player needng to take 10 minutes to come up with the word to say "Hi!". Suggest we just take whatever comes out of NYC, nod that it was said and heard, and then ignore it.
    Posted by AZPAT

No overrated CB on the Jets calls out my coach and doesn't hear about it from me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Amazing how a Patriot fan can get all upset and jiggly whenever anything truthful, real or imagined comes out of the JESTS! organization. Absolutely amazing! Until such time the NFL invokes the "Children MUST be seen and NOT heard" clause, who the heck cares what drivel comes out of NYC, or Jersey? Does it impact your day-to-day lives? Sure, we all get a kick out of Rex "Lick Your Right Foot Forward" Ryan and his seemingky ceaseless rants of being Super Bowl bound (an annual event, including a Sharpie demonstration), as well as watching the JESTS! come apart at the seems yearly, but so what? I see no need to get all worked up over a JESTS player needng to take 10 minutes to come up with the word to say "Hi!". Suggest we just take whatever comes out of NYC, nod that it was said and heard, and then ignore it.
    Posted by AZPAT

Nah AZPAT, you're reading it all wrong...  When Rob Gronkowski did this after Revis's response:

Gronkowski shifted in his seat, seemed suddenly uncomfortable, and said, "Wow, I wasn't expecting that one," while Revis sat grinning.

...I trully believe it had less to do with Gronk's uncomfort, more than it had to do, with Gronkowski empathizing with the uncomfort Revis should himself be feeling (IF he had a brain, common sense, basic manners, wasn't a NY Jet, etc)...but wasn't.  Sometimes it's tough for many of us watching st#p#d people say and do REALLY, really, really st#p#d and senseless things.  Even though they never have even a single moment of introspective regret for what they did or said (being very st#p#d), for some reason you sense the embarassment they should be feeling.  It's like shame being lost in the wind, because their !d!ocy somehow makes them impervious, some small part of that shame falls on your shoulders somehow (the shame is palpable, breathing, starving and begging for the home it never had). 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

Why are you guys so upset about this?  So what? lol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

1) Revis was just giving his honest opinion
     ( rare commodity in today's well rehearsed sports figures )

2) Revis is a great cornerback .
     Over-hyped ? Yep. But forget the personality , who out there wouldn't want his skill set lined up in a Pats uniform ?

3) Revis hates the Patriots so badly that his judgement is clouded to the point that any non-glowing comments BB makes regarding the Jets , real or imagined , are met with vial disdain .

In other words , he's BITTER .
    ( see LaDanian Tomlinson )
    He also knows his talents are wasted on a declining 2nd rate team.

As for Gronkowski ?

1) What you see is what you get.

2) LOVE IT !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In Response to Re: Revis calls BB a jerk : your funny im surprized your not spoutin goober like ud6 used to spout gomer... so your team must be the varsity then...  thats about right
    Posted by jcour382

Isnt goober that stuff made by smuckers its PB&j streaks. That would be awesome if someone spouted goober i love that stuff. LMAO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Revis calls BB a jerk:

Ironic. Arguably the most self centered defensive primadonna player in the NFL (Revis), who will be holding out here shortly yet again (as he promised), calls a guy who Jim Brown referred to as the most generous sports related figurehead to come through Cleveland, a "jerk".

Isn't that something.

Here's something the jets fans and NY media won't accept:  Revis's selfish, money-grabbing behavior, with Tannentool as an enabler and Rex Ryan alongside, so desperate to use Jets players as props to sell the team, is actually one big reason why those players are selfish and there are problems in that locker room right now.  They follow Revis. 

He's the jerk. 

It's hypocritical to not point to selfish "me" players like Revis and not call it like it is.  He's handicapped their franchise as much as Gomer Manning did with the Colts last decade.

Not saying Gomer is a jerk, but the media simply refuses to call out the self centered players because those players use the media to back themselves.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

The Jets problem ( besides lack of talent) is that they worry way too much on The Pats, like their coach they are consumed with the PATS. They are a bunch of loud mouths who act like idiots!!!! They really should focus on their on team, look at what was said what came out of their locker room at the end of their season....
    Posted by Chloedancer65

Translation: They're insecure.

Look at who their leaders are.  It's embarrassing. They'll never win jack squat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Umm as much as I hate the Jets, please dont say he is overrated...he is arguably the best, if not second best corner in the league. The reason you dont hear is name as much is because no one throws his way....period. Remember all those years Ty Law was making the pro bowls while not comming close to the league lead in INT's?? thats because no one threw his way either.
    He is an idiot, no doubt about that, but please do not question his cover skills...those are not even questionable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Law made like 4 Pro Bowls.  Law was easily as good, if not better than Revis, and he was a gamer to boot.  Let me know when Revis shows up in a big game.

Also, Revis gets thrown at. It's a myth that no one ever throws to his side.   Revis plays in NY and benefits from Rex Ryan's veteran system. Pull away the system and the veterans running that system like you'll see now with Leonhard and Scott gone, and watch their D continue to fade.  His jump occurred when Ryan arrived in 2009, two years already into his career. Good job to implement Ryan's system and good for Revis, but he ain't Mike Haynes. 

He's a top notch CB, but one of the most overrated players in recent memory. The NY media spin to prop up any good or great player with the Jets is at an all time high in recent years with their new staidum push and PSL push. When Welker blasted by him last year, it was hilarious. 

You'd think he was the Barry Sanders of CBs or something.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Revis is a damn good cornerback.  But I've seen better in my lifetime.  He's overhyped.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Bambino calls BB the GM a jerk.. BB the coach is non commital. Revis stares in disbelief, shakes his head, rubs his eyes... and stares...

BB the coach says.. well.. we did some things right... and some things we can do better.. and we will work on that... we don't look backward.

BB the GM silently stands in the corner of the room. Emotionless.

Revis is asked which one was he talking about... Bambino answers for Revis. Revis tells Bambino he can speak for himself. Bambino calls him an idiot. Revis is incredulous. Bambino tells him BB is an average GM, not a bad one. An average one. Revis tells Bambino BB is a jerk. Bambino tells Revis he is an idiot and shouldnt call people names. Before a fight breaks out the league announces that Brady has been awarded to the Patriots for a late round pick over a decade ago. Bambino grumbles and says BB is just an average GM. AVERAGE. The league asks Bambino to leave the news conference.

Revis calls BB a jerk.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Bambino calls BB the GM a jerk.. BB the coach is non commital. Revis stares in disbelief, shakes his head, rubs his eyes... and stares... BB the coach says.. well.. we did some things right... and some things we can do better.. and we will work on that... we don't look backward. BB the GM silently stands in the corner of the room. Emotionless. Revis is asked which one was he talking about... Bambino answers for Revis. Revis tells Bambino he can speak for himself. Bambino calls him an idiot. Revis is incredulous. Bambino tells him BB is an average GM, not a bad one. An average one. Revis tells Bambino BB is a jerk. Bambino tells Revis he is an idiot and shouldnt call people names. Before a fight breaks out the league announces that Brady has been awarded to the Patriots for a late round pick over a decade ago. Bambino grumbles and says BB is just an average GM. AVERAGE. The league asks Bambino to leave the news conference. Revis calls BB a jerk.
    Posted by portfolio1

totally surreal and cerebral but really funny!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

I am going to do the indefensible and defend Revis: 1). He was basically set up by having to do a word association and given "Belichick", pretty obvious this was no random shuffle 2) he played along and thought ok, gotta think of something bad, I'll make it funny and everyone laughs. HA HS 3) can't really think of anything and starts sweating, gotta say something, um um um ok "Jerk" and kind of realizes a little too late that it wasn't funny or that good of an answer 4) not bad or candid enough for a public apology, "let me call Belichick and tell him it was stupid, I'll apologize publicly if he wants" 5) gronkowski tells him, "don't worry, i'll smooth it over, he probably doesn't care, anyway"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

There's nothing worse than calling the coach out.  The coach doesn't play.  You can freeze the kicker and scare the quarterback, but trying to make the coach feel psychologically inadequate doesn't affect his performance on-field, it only makes his players want to beat your team or sometimes you personally.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

The best part was his reasoning............because of the things he says about the jets!? What are these things that BB has said i'd love to know what he's heard that we havn't. He seems real stupid here

Sections
Shortcuts