Revis Gushing Over BB

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Re: Revis Gushing Over BB

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Called him a genius today.  Chalk up another person to call him that.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4764269/revis-calls-belichick-a-player-coach" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4764269/revis-calls-belichick-a-player-coach" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4764269/revis-calls-belichick-a-player-coach" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4764269/revis-calls-belichick-a-player-coach" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4764269/revis-calls-belichick-a-player-coach

Revis calls Belichick a 'player' coach
    June, 19, 2014
    JUN 19
    3:10
    PM ET
    By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com
    1214COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
    COMMENTS0
    EMAIL
    PRINT
    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Cornerback Darrelle Revis had complimentary things to say Thursday when asked about New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick.

Revis
    "When you're on the outside looking in, when you're playing with another organization, you look at things totally different," Revis told reporters after the team's final practice of mandatory minicamp. "Especially coming from New York and New England, being up here, it's a rivalry. You look at things totally different. That's with any player. There are a bunch of guys that crossed over, and once you cross over and when you're inside looking out, it's a totally different perspective.

"Everybody here has accepted me as much as they can to make me feel like home. Even Bill has. I'm fine with it. We're on good terms."

Revis admitted that his perception of Belichick, whom he once called a jerk on SportsCenter, has changed.

"I think it changed the first time through the whole process, when I got released from Tampa, and then talking to teams and actually I got to sit down and talk to Belichick. I think it changed during that conversation, when me and him sat down and had a brief conversation. We moved forward and whatever we had in the past, we put it behind us. I think it changed during that moment," he said.

Asked how he would describe Belichick, Revis said, "He's a great coach. I really respect him for winning three [Super Bowl] championships. Another thing, I feel like he's a player coach. A lot of people might not say that on the outside looking in, but we're with Bill every day. We hang out with him every day. We're in the meetings with him every day so we're around him all the time. I really feel like he's a player coach. ...

"I think the biggest thing that people really don't understand about Bill is that Bill asks questions. He'll ask questions, he'll try to get other people's insight, especially veterans. He'll sit down and have a conversation with you. I think that's why he's so genius at what he does. He's very smart, but at the same time he knows the pulse of the team."

[/QUOTE]

Did Revis change his name? For the past 5 years you said his name was Mevis. Why are you calling him Revis now? 

[/QUOTE]

Soon enough the Bean Queen will be calling him one of the best CBs in the history of the game and deny ever claiming he was overrated.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Another thread where Rusty embarrasses himself.  Same old story!  The guy is a nut job.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yeah, we all laud BB the coach, moron.

Question: How can you tell when Rusty's lying?

Answer: He typed something.

[/QUOTE]

I remember you and RKrap claiming you wanted a new GM in here just yesterday.  It read like a fairy tale for short bus riders.

How does that feel to look like an absolute rube?

The best GM who ever lived, the most successful in the cap era by a mile, and somehow Bob Kraft needs to improve the position.

Meanwhile, somehow Brees or Rodgers are not superior to Brady in recent postseasons and would not be a clear upgrade over Brady here.

LMAO

Anyway, Revis is buying in and gushing over BB's GM work and environment he created here since 2000.

Diehard, real Pats fans have known this all along.  Loser pink hats who wanted to join the party after 3 SB rings, apparently never did.

Thanks again to BB. For everything.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Please show me where Revis said a word about BB being a genius GM. You're an imbecile.

[/QUOTE]

I never said he did.  You are the one feeling a need to introduce that into the equation.  But, since BB is the GM and coach, clearly and I mean VERY CLEARY, the atmosphere BB creates with the kind of player he seeks to gain the respect that Revis is talking about here, is tied to the person handling personnel.

MORON

You are cooked on this board if Brady chokes it down in the title game vs Gomie.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Read back through the responses and see who used the term GM first, liar. You remain, an imbecile.

Brady has been the one and only hope we had of winning SBs with the mediocre teams BB has provided around him for far too many years. But it's not happening you goofball. So live with it.

History will show BB rode Brady and several key players he inherited to 3 SBs, then stumbled like a fool trying to build another champion, and couldn't. Facts.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Babe, BB brought in Moss and Welker and the Pats were a play or two away from a perfect season.  I think your assessment of BB the GM and how history will treat him is a bit disingenuous since you don't agree with a lot of his moves.  History will be much kinder than you are predicting.   

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

Called him a genius today.  Chalk up another person to call him that.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4764269/revis-calls-belichick-a-player-coach" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4764269/revis-calls-belichick-a-player-coach" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4764269/revis-calls-belichick-a-player-coach

Revis calls Belichick a 'player' coach
    June, 19, 2014
    JUN 19
    3:10
    PM ET
    By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com
    1214COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
    COMMENTS0
    EMAIL
    PRINT
    FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Cornerback Darrelle Revis had complimentary things to say Thursday when asked about New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick.

Revis
    "When you're on the outside looking in, when you're playing with another organization, you look at things totally different," Revis told reporters after the team's final practice of mandatory minicamp. "Especially coming from New York and New England, being up here, it's a rivalry. You look at things totally different. That's with any player. There are a bunch of guys that crossed over, and once you cross over and when you're inside looking out, it's a totally different perspective.

"Everybody here has accepted me as much as they can to make me feel like home. Even Bill has. I'm fine with it. We're on good terms."

Revis admitted that his perception of Belichick, whom he once called a jerk on SportsCenter, has changed.

"I think it changed the first time through the whole process, when I got released from Tampa, and then talking to teams and actually I got to sit down and talk to Belichick. I think it changed during that conversation, when me and him sat down and had a brief conversation. We moved forward and whatever we had in the past, we put it behind us. I think it changed during that moment," he said.

Asked how he would describe Belichick, Revis said, "He's a great coach. I really respect him for winning three [Super Bowl] championships. Another thing, I feel like he's a player coach. A lot of people might not say that on the outside looking in, but we're with Bill every day. We hang out with him every day. We're in the meetings with him every day so we're around him all the time. I really feel like he's a player coach. ...

"I think the biggest thing that people really don't understand about Bill is that Bill asks questions. He'll ask questions, he'll try to get other people's insight, especially veterans. He'll sit down and have a conversation with you. I think that's why he's so genius at what he does. He's very smart, but at the same time he knows the pulse of the team."

[/QUOTE]

why do you care what the "most overrated player of the last 25 years" says to begin with?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This thread title is a little embarrassing.  One that just needs to fall to page 2 and beyond.  

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually he did call him a genius.

""I think the biggest thing that people really don't understand about Bill is that Bill asks questions. He'll ask questions, he'll try to get other people's insight, especially veterans. He'll sit down and have a conversation with you. I think that's why he's so genius at what he does. He's very smart, but at the same time he knows the pulse of the team."

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

So let me get this straight.  For once in his life, crusty is almost right but instead of posting the quote, like you just did, he DENIES EVEN SAYING IT?  Five minutes later?

Wow Wow WOW!  The guy (gal) lies sooooo much that he doesn't even know when he's lying.

BWAHAHAHA

That's some serious psycho stuff, right there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Called him a genius today. Chalk up another person to call him that."

He's a genius coach, I think most of agree with that and so do most NFL observers. 

He'd have to be a genius to work with some of the mediocre personnel he has given himself. 

The only area where his coaching genius may be slipping is when defenses shifted to an aggressive Seattle style BB was still trying "bend don't break" and we were getting broken. But - there are clear signs he is making that adjustment now. Either way, coaching genius, yes. 

General Manager/personnel genius, no. You will find no one saying that outside of this forum, and only a couple people inside. He's been a fair-to-great GM over the years but aside from a few genius moves (Brady, the Moss Raiders trade), not a lot of genius to be found there.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's a genius coach, I think most of agree with that and so do most NFL observers. 

He'd have to be a genius to work with some of the mediocre personnel he has given himself. 

The only area where his coaching genius may be slipping is when defenses shifted to an aggressive Seattle style BB was still trying "bend don't break" and we were getting broken. But - there are clear signs he is making that adjustment now. Either way, coaching genius, yes. 

General Manager/personnel genius, no. You will find no one saying that outside of this forum, and only a couple people inside. He's been a fair-to-great GM over the years but aside from a few genius moves (Brady, the Moss Raiders trade), not a lot of genius to be found there.

[/QUOTE]

Without any debate, by far and away the best GM of all time. Bar none. Name a better one. It can't be done. No one can do it.  I've asked and asked and no one can do it.  

The genius is putting out 12+ win teams every year with an ever-changing roster. There is not one GM who can claim this, even Bill Polian, who is as overrated as they come.

The only GM to build a dynasty, 3 titles in 4 years.  If there was no cap, you're looking at them being in the SB every year as a gimme.  Two dropped balls away from two more SB titles.

SF GM was all but gushing twice in the last 2 weeks, too.  Wake up.

"The way he uses all elements of transactions to improve the team and create competition within the team has impacted what we do here," Baalke tells Pompei. "Free agency, the draft, trades, every avenue possible the Patriots have done and they've done it very well. He's somebody I think a lot of people study."

It will take an hour to induct him into the HOF, not just to mention his resume as a coach but as a GM and how he's all but invented the concepts behind not only building a winner, but maintaining one.   

You'd have to be a moron to be a Pats fan and not see this. Or, a troll. The fact so many are so clueless towards the brilliance they've been able to watch for so long, is flat out disturbing.

[/QUOTE]

OK, I give you a no brainer HOF coach. No doubt there. GM....not so much as "greatest of all time" Your comment "Two dropped balls away from two more SB titles." should be prefaced by 2 late FGs to WIN SB's. Thanks to your personal whipping boy, the Patriots were able to go down the field and have closing FG's that won it. Its not like they blew out the opposition but had to have their future HOF QB (Gizzy has ruined him) get them in the position to win them. In the losses to the Giants, the D failed and they beat him. You call it luck. Of course. No one beats BB by skill. its luck, conspiracy, or some other tin foo hat tirade.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cousteau's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Without any debate, by far and away the best GM of all time. Bar none. Name a better one. It can't be done. No one can do it.  I've asked and asked and no one can do it.  

The genius is putting out 12+ win teams every year with an ever-changing roster. There is not one GM who can claim this, even Bill Polian, who is as overrated as they come.

The only GM to build a dynasty, 3 titles in 4 years.  If there was no cap, you're looking at them being in the SB every year as a gimme.  Two dropped balls away from two more SB titles.

"The way he uses all elements of transactions to improve the team and create competition within the team has impacted what we do here," Baalke tells Pompei. "Free agency, the draft, trades, every avenue possible the Patriots have done and they've done it very well. He's somebody I think a lot of people study."

It will take an hour to induct him into the HOF, not just to mention his resume as a coach but as a GM and how he's all but invented the concepts behind not only building a winner, but maintaining one.   

You'd have to be a moron to be a Pats fan and not see this. Or, a troll. The fact so many are so clueless towards the brilliance they've been able to watch for so long, is flat out disturbing.

[/QUOTE]

OK, I give you a no brainer HOF coach. No doubt there. GM....not so much as "greatest of all time" Your comment "Two dropped balls away from two more SB titles." should be prefaced by 2 late FGs to WIN SB's. Thanks to your personal whipping boy, the Patriots were able to go down the field and have closing FG's that won it. Its not like they blew out the opposition but had to have their future HOF QB (Gizzy has ruined him) get them in the position to win them. In the losses to the Giants, the D failed and they beat him. You call it luck. Of course. No one beats BB by skill. its luck, conspiracy, or some other tin foo hat tirade.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input, Bustchise. I understand your jealousy since I know my team will play in the AFC Title game every year, and yours simply sucks and won't make the playoffs for another year.

But, the fact is, BB doesn't play the game, he coaches it.  He can't throw the ball, make a tackle or catch it.

Capiche, Corky?

[/QUOTE]

what "jealous" are you making up? he is a definite HOF coach with no doubt. your idolatry of him is beyond creepyy. "the best GM all time"...is that just the NFL or is that of all sports? As for his coaching, it's not been so great lately. if it was, he'd be talking about a lot more Lombardi's. too bad for you his "me me me/selfish/Gizz ruined QB" is still there. Without him, where would the genius be? NOWHERE.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input, Bustchise. I understand your jealousy since I know my team will play in the AFC Title game every year, and yours simply sucks and won't make the playoffs for another year.

But, the fact is, BB doesn't play the game, he coaches it.  He can't throw the ball, make a tackle or catch it.

Capiche, Corky?

[/QUOTE]

instead of your usual deflection/insult answer, what is your reply to my points? TB led them down the field to game-winning FG's at the last second in 2 SB wins. your genius BB D allowed the Giants to go down the field and lose 2 SBs...

what excuse are you gonna come up with? and the Jets have NOTHING, NIL, NADA, ZERO to do with this discussion. answer my question or deflect as you usually do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Capiche, Corky?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well, that would make him not responsible for the wins either.

It's all Brady's doing.

Yup, that 1/7 wins in the play-offs, without TB, proves that.

Pretty bad numbers, there.  Wouldn't you say?  Rex Ryan has better stats.  He didn't have TB, either.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

""I think the biggest thing that people really don't understand about Bill is that Bill asks questions. He'll ask questions, he'll try to get other people's insight, especially veterans. He'll sit down and have a conversation with you. I think that's why he's so genius at what he does. He's very smart, but at the same time he knows the pulse of the team."

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

So let me get this straight.  For once in his life, crusty is almost right but instead of posting the quote, like you just did, he DENIES EVEN SAYING IT?  Five minutes later?

Wow Wow WOW!  The guy (gal) lies sooooo much that he doesn't even know when he's lying.

BWAHAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

I did think it was odd he denied saying it when the quote shows Revis clearly did say it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Capiche, Corky?

[/QUOTE]

instead of your usual deflection/insult answer, what is your reply to my points? TB led them down the field to game-winning FG's at the last second in 2 SB wins. your genius BB D allowed the Giants to go down the field and lose 2 SBs...

what excuse are you gonna come up with? and the Jets have NOTHING, NIL, NADA, ZERO to do with this discussion. answer my question or deflect as you usually do.

[/QUOTE]

My reply is very simple:

I will take BB, a GM and coach of a team that is great enough to be in such positions of a FG to win a SB or lose it, on an almost annual basis. It's just that simple. The best ever.

The only thing holding them back in recent years has been dropped balls and severe injuries to star players.

The fact that you as a Jets troll is so envious of this and your allies as BBWs try to pretend somehow Brady does it all himself, only to then backpedal and claim it's a team game only in January, is patently comical beyond belief, Bustchise.

[/QUOTE]

oh the injury thing again...what a surprise....NOT. every team has them. but it's used by you and BB ball washers as an excuse. the defense is NOT elite. they were below average in so many categories but if BB was such a genius, he would have made the moves to compensate...right? Oh no, he didn't and they paid the price. teams went down the field as they pleased. third and something...don't worry they'll make the play. Gomie played you and your genius like a skin flute (your tribute to BB) when it mattered. the D has plenty of flaws. the O has flaws too. you only focus on TB and moronic conspiracy theories to compensate for your deification of a man who coaches a football team

face facts... TB is the best chance you've got but if BB can't make a plan that works, well that's BB's fault. go back toyour shrine and pleasure yourself to BB. we all know it's all you've got in your life as you sit surrounded by pig-sh## in NC.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Capiche, Corky?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My reply is very simple:

I will take BB, a GM and coach of a team that is great enough to be in such positions of a FG to win a SB or lose it, on an almost annual basis. It's just that simple. The best ever.

The only thing holding them back in recent years has been dropped balls and severe injuries to star players.

The fact that you as a Jets troll is so envious of this and your allies as BBWs try to pretend somehow Brady does it all himself, only to then backpedal and claim it's a team game only in January, is patently comical beyond belief, Bustchise.

[/QUOTE]

oh the injury thing again...what a surprise....NOT. every team has them. but it's used by you and BB ball washers as an excuse. the defense is NOT elite. they were below average in so many categories but if BB was such a genius, he would have made the moves to compensate...right? Oh no, he didn't and they paid the price. teams went down the field as they pleased. third and something...don't worry they'll make the play. Gomie played you and your genius like a skin flute (your tribute to BB) when it mattered. the D has plenty of flaws. the O has flaws too. you only focus on TB and moronic conspiracy theories to compensate for your deification of a man who coaches a football team

face facts... TB is the best chance you've got but if BB can't make a plan that works, well that's BB's fault. go back toyour shrine and pleasure yourself to BB. we all know it's all you've got in your life as you sit surrounded by pig-sh## in NC.

[/QUOTE]

It's just too bad that there was an article a couple of weeks ago listing the top GM's of all time and in that article BB was right there at the top!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

BWAHAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

I did think it was odd he denied saying it when the quote shows Revis clearly did say it. 

[/QUOTE]

WHo denied what now?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I rest my case.

Verdict:  Guilty!

Sentence:  Life at Walpole.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Whatever the case may be, Revis is right. 

Sections
Shortcuts