Revis Hangs up on Francesca...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Revis Hangs up on Francesca...

Haha. Here are the tough talking Jets ... who can't handle the tough questions. It seems that when Revis was called out by Francesca on the obvious unflagged PI on his 100 yd pick-6 ... he got testy and hung up the phone, apparently at his agent's behest. 

Clip: 
    Francesa: "You are still the only one in the world who doesn't think that was a penalty." 

Revis: "I don't care! I don't care what everybody thinks! I don't care what you think!" Revis said.

He sounds like a whiny bleep to me. Revis also doesn't get that he is never called for PI, even though he built half his mystique on soft treatment from refs. That do you guys think?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7132369/new-york-jets-had-darrelle-revis-hang-wfan-francesa

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Re: Revis Hangs up on Francesca...

Gotta love Giants guys stabbing the Jets

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Seen that yesterday and I thought that Francesca was being a d-bagg.  Sure ask him a few times and make your points then move on.  He certainly had an agenda.  Revis could have made some smarter comments and dug his way out of that mess but apparently he isnt too bright or he is just used to people praising him, or both. 

The funny part was the Jets PR guy or whoever got on the line and told Revis to hang up like he was Revis's babysitter.  What a total embarrassment for Revis, the Jets and Francesca.

BTW, should have been called on the PI iIMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Revis Hangs up on Francesca...:
    [QUOTE]Seen that yesterday and I thought that Francesca was being a d-bagg.  Sure ask him a few times and make your points then move on.  He certainly had an agenda.  Revis could have made some smarter comments and dug his way out of that mess but apparently he is too bright or he is just used to people praising him, or both.  The funny part was the Jets PR guy or whoever got on the line and told Revis to hang up like he was Revis's babysitter.  What a total embarrassment for Revis, the Jets and Francesca. BTW, should have been called on the PI iIMO.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Agree on all the points. Especially that Francesca is an a-hooole. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

It's not his fault the penalty wasn't called.  What's he supposed to do say 'hey ref, call that one, my bad.'

Bottom line Francesca is/was an idiot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]It's not his fault the penalty wasn't called.  What's he supposed to do say 'hey ref, call that one, my bad.' Bottom line Francesca is/was an idiot.
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]

He could say, "Yeah, I got away with one."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

I heard the whole conversation on the radio it was kinda funny how his agent was telling him to hang up the phone and france was like why does he have to hang up the phone. funny stuff thats for sure

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I remember how he jumped all over Mike Reiss for questioning him on cover 2 concerning his defense of Randy Moss two years ago.  This guy may have been needling him but Reiss asked him in a polite way and Revis became extremely disrespectful, acting like a complete jerk.  So whether or not this interviewer was antagonizing him, Revis showed his immature character again.  Obviously he knows that he's overrated.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis Hangs up on Francesca... : He could say, "Yeah, I got away with one."
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]
    Yep!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I might be wrong on this but the way I remember it, it wasn't Revis' agent who told him to hang up. It was a Jets PR guy. That's even more embarrassing for the Jests.

Personally, I don't fault Revis for denying the penalty. I actually thought he showed some pride in defending his work, which is admirable. But when Francesca kept at it, he should've avoided confrontation. Pretty dumb of him to start arguing and throwing shots at Francesca. You can bet any Patriots player would've been smart enough to handle that situation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Francesca is often arrogant and obnoxious; Revis is a prima donna. Great combination for a radio interview if you enjoy confrontation.  Pretty pathetic that Revis needed a 'minder' for the interview.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

One correction here: it wasn't Revis's agent who made him hang up, it was the Jets' PR guy.  So the responsibility for the decision to hang up belongs with the Jets' organization not with Revis or his agent. This points, I think, to the growing paranoia of the Jets organization.  Rex and his big mouth are out of control, the players are starting to say unflattering things about each other in public . . . and so now the Jets organization is having to send out PR guys to try to rein everything in and prevent unhelpful comments from getting out in the press.  Rex's blustery style, I'm afraid, is setting a bad example for the players--the team is out of control and everything is starting to unravel as Rex's overblown promises fail to come true. Rex is losing that team, I think--I'd give him another year at most before the Jets management has to let him go and look elsewhere for coaching help.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Francesca is often arrogant and obnoxious; Revis is a prima donna. Great combination for a radio interview if you enjoy confrontation.  Pretty pathetic that Revis needed a 'minder' for the interview.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

+1

And those really are the take-home bullet points from the whole shenanigan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]One correction here: it wasn't Revis's agent who made him hang up, it was the Jets' PR guy.  So the responsibility for the decision to hang up belongs with the Jets' organization not with Revis or his agent. This points, I think, to the growing paranoia of the Jets organization.  Rex and his big mouth are out of control, the players are starting to say unflattering things about each other in public . . . and so now the Jets organization is having to send out PR guys to try to rein everything in and prevent unhelpful comments from getting out in the press.  Rex's blustery style, I'm afraid, is setting a bad example for the players--the team is out of control and everything is starting to unravel as Rex's overblown promises fail to come true. Rex is losing that team, I think--I'd give him another year at most before the Jets management has to let him go and look elsewhere for coaching help.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

It could be that they are losing control of their message. It could also be that after several seasons of actively cultivating a message of arrogance, that the Jests PR men's boundaries of what is generally acceptable and what is not (hanging up the phone, arguing with interviewers) is badly eroded. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

pass interference??? what pass interference??

Royalty Free Clipart Image of a Football Player Stomping on the Opposition

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

All I say is that when you have internecine war going on between the two NY pro football franchises (Francesa/Giants and Revis/Jets), and it's an embarrassment for both of them "that's a good thing".

Keep up the good work guys...lol

If the jets lose today, all hell is gonna break loose !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]pass interference??? what pass interference??
    Posted by harleyroadking12[/QUOTE]

The photo won't show up. I almost grabbed a still from the highlight file. He really just grabs Marshall and tackles him out of the way.

I love his excuse to Franesca ... "I needed to catch the pass, so I moved him out of the way."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

it looked marshall stumbled a bit, he should fell to the ground

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I saw the clip and ATJ hit the nail on the head obnoxious sports radio guy versus petulant sports star.....what could go wrong.

The play itself was not really that egregious; Cromartie does way more holding, clutching and grabbing than Revis.....maybe Francesca should talk to him.

All that said; i'd be more interested in how Revis will cover a big receiver like Vincent Jackson or Gates or Floyd.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

In Response to Revis Hangs up on Francesca...:
    [QUOTE]Haha. Here are the tough talking Jets ... who can't handle the tough questions. It seems that when Revis was called out by Francesca on the obvious unflagged PI on his 100 yd pick-6 ... he got testy and hung up the phone, apparently at his agent's behest.  Clip:  Francesa:   "You are still the only one in the world who doesn't think that was a penalty."  Revis: "I don't care! I don't care what everybody thinks! I don't care what you think!" Revis said. He sounds like a whiny bleep to me. Revis also doesn't get that he is never called for PI, even though he built half his mystique on soft treatment from refs. That do you guys think? http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7132369/new-york-jets-had-darrelle-revis-hang-wfan-francesa

This is a riot.

As I recall Francesa is a huge Parcells/Giants fan. Revis must have thought he was going to get massaged by a Home town Butt boy.

Revis and Cromartie both get away with murder. I'm glad somebody got under their skin.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Revis Hangs up on Francesca... : This is a riot. As I recall Francesa is a huge Parcells/Giants fan. Revis must have thought he was going to get massaged by a Home town Butt boy. Revis and Cromartie both get away with murder. I'm glad somebody got under their skin.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

Franny is a total t-bag ... but it was most definitely was fun hearing him needle Revis. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Funny thing is Revis was the only Jet that would actually talk to Francesca.  Reminds me of a book I read in High School, And then there were none.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Haha. Here are the tough talking Jets ... who can't handle the tough questions. It seems that when Revis was called out by Francesca on the obvious unflagged PI on his 100 yd pick-6 ... he got testy and hung up the phone, apparently at his agent's behest.  Clip:  Francesa:   "You are still the only one in the world who doesn't think that was a penalty."  Revis: "I don't care! I don't care what everybody thinks! I don't care what you think!" Revis said. He sounds like a whiny bleep to me. Revis also doesn't get that he is never called for PI, even though he built half his mystique on soft treatment from refs. That do you guys think? http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7132369/new-york-jets-had-darrelle-revis-hang-wfan-francesa

hey z,
    i have said this a couple times on the board this year. dont adjust your eyes (you are not the only one seeing it).
    pats rinkie dink "oops", barely pass int, almost always called; pass int as technique esp with teams with tough d rep, almost never get called.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

It's about time that people realize that Revis gets his own set of rules

A lot of other CBs would be just as good if they could get away with that same stuff.  This is why I still hink that Woodson and Asomugha are better man-cover guys (and even Champ Bailey to some extent).  Revis needs the press and the hand to hand combat in order to get his mojo going.  I've watched Woodson undercut his interceptions clean this year, indicating better anticipation.  Just my two cents

Sections
Shortcuts