Revis Hangs up on Francesca...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Revis Hangs up on Francesca...

Look, I'm certainly no YETS fan but I did see the footage of the play and its questionable that Revis committed interference on that play, Marshal runs right into him and then falls down.  It could go wither way.

Lastly, yes it would have been "funny" I guess if the YETS had lost yesterday to the Bolts but they didn't and Revis as usual was a big part of that and so was a much improved Kyle Wilson.  Say what you want but the YETS have won two in a row and yesterday against a tough San Diego team that they YETS absolutely had to beat, which they did and we must take note of the sudden re-emergence of Burress, especially in the red zone.  YETS kept pace in the AFC East yesterday.  They aren't out of it yet.  You can say it was the quality opposition, the officiating, whatever you want but they won yesterday and they unfortunately remain viable.

The key to the YETS offense is the offensive line, they have no depth but those playing as starters are very good at what they do. Beat those guys and the YETS have no offense worth the name. Without a run game which the line makes possible, they are less than one dimensional. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Francessa is what he is
    Revis is what he is

I didn't think it to be PI
    WR made initial contact
    Did CB stay tangled? maybe - but the wr shouldn't
       get the call
    CB had position - like in Basketball
    If they called that PI then you could
     go down the field without ever making a play

Just my take on it

And for what its worth Phill Simms didn't think so either
    but he tried to give Franncessa a life line

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Revis Hangs up on Francesca...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Revis Hangs up on Francesca... : It's about time that people realize that Revis gets his own set of rules A lot of other CBs would be just as good if they could get away with that same stuff.  This is why I still hink that Woodson and Asomugha are better man-cover guys (and even Champ Bailey to some extent).  Revis needs the press and the hand to hand combat in order to get his mojo going.  I've watched Woodson undercut his interceptions clean this year, indicating better anticipation.  Just my two cents
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Honestly, Revis gets far less help than Cromartie and the Jets' linebackers, who (it seems) are allowed to simply push wide recievers down to the ground. But Revis doesn't need the help. I do consider him one of the three 'elite' corners in football, along with the other two you mentioned minus Bailey, who is too old.

But it is like the NBA with these rules. Kobe is in the elite of the elite ... he also never gets a whistle for travelling. He doesn't need that help though.

My main point is that the Jets act and talk tough ... yet so far this season, I highly doubt their actual toughness. 

Revis, to some degree, makes the refs keep the flag in their pocket because he is so (annoyingly) good at playing the ball and not the man. If his back is turned when "incidental" contact happens, the rules mean they can't flag it. 

I'll try and find the play, but there was one yesterday where he basicaly launched his body back first into a WR, clearing him out of the play. Revis didn't get the pick, but he took the WR out, and because he had his whole body turned around and almost got his hands on the ball, the refs had to eat the flag. He also gets hands in on opposing jerseys, but he always does it on the side the ref is not on. He is, to put it oddly, really skilled at cheating within the rules. 

There are tons of offensive lineman who are skilled at this ... it makes sense that CBs and Safeties will be getting better at hiding it in the face of the MUNGY revolution. 

Cromartie, he's a different story. I would trade closer officiating of Cromartie for weaker officiating of Revis. PI is basically Cromartie's 'shtick.' If the refs actually flagged him every single time, the Jets would give up 400 ypg in penalties. 

To the others: I disagree... that was PI all the way. It doesn't matter if a WR is falling into you ... he has a right to the ball at some point, even if he is recovering from falling ... you can't just push him to the ground. Revis basically tackled the guy ... he got away with a BIG one there. But the Jets and Ravens always seem to get away with 'tough play' (a.k.a., plays that other teams get flagged for).

I mean how terriblle was Cromartie in SD? He was a walking yellow hanky. Now that he is a Jet he never gets flagged. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

I'll give Revis a pass on this one because Francesca is such a DDDD Bag.  His "interviews" are like listening to a whiny spoiled child trying to get their way. 

I can't stand Tiki but that Francesca interview with Tiki is just pathetic.  Francesca has ZERO class.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis Hangs up on Francesca... : I agree. He's overrated. If the league wants to enforce these Polian'Goodell offensive rules, cool, enforce em. But, don't give higher profile players special treatment and then also at the same time start cracking down on the other team's CBs during the same game. What a slap in the face to NFL fans.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Right; I'm sure you'd feel that way if he was wearing a Patriot uniform.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis Hangs up on Francesca... : Honestly, Revis gets far less help than Cromartie and the Jets' linebackers, who (it seems) are allowed to simply push wide recievers down to the ground. But Revis doesn't need the help. I do consider him one of the three 'elite' corners in football, along with the other two you mentioned minus Bailey, who is too old. But it is like the NBA with these rules. Kobe is in the elite of the elite ... he also never gets a whistle for travelling. He doesn't need that help though. My main point is that the Jets act and talk tough ... yet so far this season, I highly doubt their actual toughness.  Revis, to some degree, makes the refs keep the flag in their pocket because he is so (annoyingly) good at playing the ball and not the man. If his back is turned when "incidental" contact happens, the rules mean they can't flag it.  I'll try and find the play, but there was one yesterday where he basicaly launched his body back first into a WR, clearing him out of the play. Revis didn't get the pick, but he took the WR out, and because he had his whole body turned around and almost got his hands on the ball, the refs had to eat the flag. He also gets hands in on opposing jerseys, but he always does it on the side the ref is not on. He is, to put it oddly, really skilled at cheating within the rules.  There are tons of offensive lineman who are skilled at this ... it makes sense that CBs and Safeties will be getting better at hiding it in the face of the MUNGY revolution.  Cromartie, he's a different story. I would trade closer officiating of Cromartie for weaker officiating of Revis. PI is basically Cromartie's 'shtick.' If the refs actually flagged him every single time, the Jets would give up 400 ypg in penalties.  To the others: I disagree... that was PI all the way. It doesn't matter if a WR is falling into you ... he has a right to the ball at some point, even if he is recovering from falling ... you can't just push him to the ground. Revis basically tackled the guy ... he got away with a BIG one there. But the Jets and Ravens always seem to get away with 'tough play' (a.k.a., plays that other teams get flagged for). I mean how terriblle was Cromartie in SD? He was a walking yellow hanky. Now that he is a Jet he never gets flagged. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

On the first point, I think Champ Bailey is at the same point in his career as an aging Law - he's been around the block enough to still be in the top 90%.  I still can't name more than 10-15 corners I'd want to play in the proverbial pickup-game-if-your-life-depended-on-it over Champ Bailey

More importantly, I think what Revis does IS the entirety of his job.  Travelling is just something Kobe does on the way to rim-rocking dunks or ridiculous circus fallaway jumpers.  When Revis grabs receivers, that IS his job.  I can't claim to know if his hips and feet and burst are good enough on their own because I've never noticed him let his man get a clean release.  In Revis' case, what he gets away with prevents the opponents' "shots" from ever even happening.  It's not like he's making spectacular plays on the ball anyway no matter what - the receivers never got a "fair" chance to separate.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis Hangs up on Francesca... : Feel what way? Patriots players don't get paid 25 million per year, spend time promotng themselves and/or overrating themselves. Take your bandwagon self and leave, Steve.  Ugh. Just horrendous bandwagoning. If the refs actually didn't protect him and applied the way they call games like they do to every other team, like the Chatrgers on Sunday for example, Revis loses 3 bullets out of the chamber with how he plays. The fact is, Revis has benefitted greatly fromo Rex Ryan's schemes which came in there in 2009.  Prior to 2009 Revis was a young CB with upside. Revis is Ty Law without any big game performances when it matters, SB appearances, or rings.  Bill Polian and Goodell want offense and when a CB breathes on a WR wrong, out come the flags, but not for Revis. lol Ty Law played for my team.  Revis doesn't.  Stop talking down to fans who have seen a load of incredible players come through here.

Nah, you're the bandwagoner, and, based on your content, a feeble one at that; Revis is widely considered by the experts as the best defensive player in football, and somehow, in your subconscious, you know this, and it eats you up because he's on the Jets, or you wouldn't be saying the things you do. As I'm sure you know, all defensive backs get tangled up at times. You're also an exaggerator; he doesn't make 25 Mil a yr; he makes less than several defensive players; so your credibility is in doubt as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Just checked Revis contract, it's 4 yrs, 46 Mil, which is less than a bunch of people, including your darling Albert Haynesworth (Around 100 Mill, if not more, albeit largely paid by Wash). In general, what you're saying is akin to a Jets fan claiming Brady was overrated. Your credibility has taken a nice hit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis Hangs up on Francesca... : Honestly, Revis gets far less help than Cromartie and the Jets' linebackers, who (it seems) are allowed to simply push wide recievers down to the ground. But Revis doesn't need the help. I do consider him one of the three 'elite' corners in football, along with the other two you mentioned minus Bailey, who is too old. But it is like the NBA with these rules. Kobe is in the elite of the elite ... he also never gets a whistle for travelling. He doesn't need that help though. My main point is that the Jets act and talk tough ... yet so far this season, I highly doubt their actual toughness.  Revis, to some degree, makes the refs keep the flag in their pocket because he is so (annoyingly) good at playing the ball and not the man. If his back is turned when "incidental" contact happens, the rules mean they can't flag it.  I'll try and find the play, but there was one yesterday where he basicaly launched his body back first into a WR, clearing him out of the play. Revis didn't get the pick, but he took the WR out, and because he had his whole body turned around and almost got his hands on the ball, the refs had to eat the flag. He also gets hands in on opposing jerseys, but he always does it on the side the ref is not on. He is, to put it oddly, really skilled at cheating within the rules.  There are tons of offensive lineman who are skilled at this ... it makes sense that CBs and Safeties will be getting better at hiding it in the face of the MUNGY revolution.  Cromartie, he's a different story. I would trade closer officiating of Cromartie for weaker officiating of Revis. PI is basically Cromartie's 'shtick.' If the refs actually flagged him every single time, the Jets would give up 400 ypg in penalties.  To the others: I disagree... that was PI all the way. It doesn't matter if a WR is falling into you ... he has a right to the ball at some point, even if he is recovering from falling ... you can't just push him to the ground. Revis basically tackled the guy ... he got away with a BIG one there. But the Jets and Ravens always seem to get away with 'tough play' (a.k.a., plays that other teams get flagged for). I mean how terriblle was Cromartie in SD? He was a walking yellow hanky. Now that he is a Jet he never gets flagged. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Am not picking a fight - just a discussion
    I still disagree that it was PI
    Does the CB have the right to hold his position
    while the WR initiates contact
    The CB was looking at the Ball
    Not the WR
    If you reversed the players and REvis was the WR
    would it be PI on Edwards? I think so

The NFL has problems on when is a catch a catch and on PI
    And we have had a number go aginst us.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revis Hangs up on Francesca... : Just for the record the pats are paying haynesworth 1.5 million base for 1 year and he gets incentive pay based on the percentage of snaps. So i am not sure how haynesworth contract is relevant to the  Revis contract.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]
    Not only that, but the Pats pretty much only took Albert because Washington was paying the bulk of his remaning salary.

They got Albert for next to nothing.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Au contraire, preposterous is your delusion about McCourty vs Revis; arrogrance is your continual stream of provocative partisan scented drivel, topped off by your inane motto that nobody GAC about. Ever wonder, BTW, why Brady avoids throwing into Revis' direction? Also, it's easy to accuse others of arrogance in order to deflect a losing argument.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

the jets salary cap is going to be so effed up that
    only the signing of Peyton could be thought of as the worst
    salary cap management in the NFL

I think this year will be the last best year the Jets will have for some time.
    The Jets getting into the playoffs may depend on who wins in the west
    Oakland or SD. with the tie breaker.

I rooted for Miami against the Jets - wanted another nail in the coffin
    and a hit to Miami for Luck

I will root for Buffalo big time.
    The Pats could then put the final nail in the Jet's coffin.
    Damn SD for being SD

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Err, you do realize the Moss play was largely due to Revis being injured on the play. While you may have a point on his contract (which you exaggerated some), accusing me of having the world revolve around me is pure fabricated double-talk; based on your posts, one could say the same about you.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Oh yeah, right.  He just so happened to pull up lame as Moss scored. How convenient. Just like when he blames Eric Smith in zone when Welker torches him. Welker was the only player on his side, so even in zone, Revis needs to make sure Welker doesn't take off or get behind him. He realized it, but it was too late.  Anything else?

I'm sure you saw the play, which was his last play for a month or so, so give me a break. As far as the other play is concerned, I didn't see it, but I'll take your word for it, which, as far as I'm concerned, is assuming plenty.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I have heard Franesca on quite a lot of ocassions and he is much more even handed and accurate in MOST of his observations and assessments than most sports writers and broadcasters. I have disagreed with him on severla occasions but I think he is actually pretty good and rarely does bias get in the way of his assessments.

As for the interview itself - he was doing his job and Revis - like the entire Jet team and staff - are so full of themselves. They are bow hards that brag and thump their chests and put other players and coaches down but heaven forbid anyone ever point out their flaws or mistakes or their just plain being overrated. In any case, Revis was just full of it and the Jets PR guy was a Jet being a Jet... Bully blow hards that are not as good as they pretend to be.