Revis held his own again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thor7. Show thor7's posts

Revis held his own again

I hope Brady and Moss give the kid his due, he did a great job on Moss.  They wanted to burn him so badly they even took a shot at him in absolute garbage time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Re: Revis held his own again

All that counts is the W. Let Revis cover Moss all day. Welker catches 15 balls. I'm ok with that. I think the trick is to put Revis on Welker not Moss. This would limit Welker and then double cover Moss with another CB and a Safety over the top. Then take your chances with everyone else. That's how you stop the Pats Offense by stopping Welker.

I'm assuming no opposing teams head coaches are reading Boston Globe threads for tips on how to beat the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Props to Revis.. Played Moss so well Moss had to pass interfere on what could have been a pick. Good heads up play by Moss btw.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Honestly, I thought he was good last year.  But he is running his mouth about how good he is, and "Revis Island" so, no.  I don't think they should give him anything.  He needs to let other people point out how great he is.  It worse than Ladanian Tomlinsons "I'm a classy guy" rant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

A safety was commited Moss's way most of the game. Nobody should have the game Wes Welker had unless a defense was ignoring him. Moss shook them up so much they forgot to double Welker. Gotta love it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to Re: Revis held his own again:
    [QUOTE]Props to Revis.. Played Moss so well Moss had to pass interfere on what could have been a pick. Good heads up play by Moss btw.
    Posted by 617AcrossDaBoard[/QUOTE]

Glad you pointed out the defensive play by Moss.  That was outstanding veteran play. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Revis held his own again:
    [QUOTE]I hope Brady and Moss give the kid his due, he did a great job on Moss.  They wanted to burn him so badly they even took a shot at him in absolute garbage time.
    Posted by thor7[/QUOTE]

I don't.

I was at the game, and while I support the allowance of more contact for defenders, the rules are written and usually enforced to prevent it.  Revis got away with ALL KINDS OF CONTACT DOWNFIELD

On Welker's drop before the missed field goal, he hit Welker a good second and a half before the ball arrived; he didn't have his arms extended, he wasn't looking at the ball, and wasn't diving at the ball, but was rather strictly playing to hit Welker.

On third down against Stanback, Stanback ran hard straight at Revis and dropped to break back to the ball.  After backing away to give somewhat of a cushion, Revis then proceeded push Stanback 12 yards downfield.

And on the first deep pass to Moss down the left sideline, Revis didn't hit the ball, but rather put his arm across Moss's to prevent him from going for the catch (arm bar = pass interference).

Revis played a good game, but something about being considered an "established cornerback" has allowed him extra leeway with regards to the rules.  And yes, there was "safety help" over the top at times.  They played about 10-20% of their snaps from Cover 2.

Having said this, the Jets played an awful lot of Cover 1, and Moss couldn't make them pay (Brady didn't help, nor did the 10mph wind that was blowing in from the lighthouse end of the field).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

In Response to Re: Revis held his own again:
    [QUOTE]All that counts is the W. Let Revis cover Moss all day. Welker catches 15 balls. I'm ok with that. I think the trick is to put Revis on Welker not Moss. This would limit Welker and then double cover Moss with another CB and a Safety over the top. Then take your chances with everyone else. That's how you stop the Pats Offense by stopping Welker. I'm assuming no opposing teams head coaches are reading Boston Globe threads for tips on how to beat the Pats.
    Posted by MaritimePatsFan[/QUOTE]

There's something to be said about "winning the battle but losing the war".  The Patriots aren't dumb.  They know that the Jets are coached by a "testosterone filled hot air buffoon" who listens to the media hype and try to win that battle.  Our COACH is different.  He allowed them to focus on that battle, while Welker was winning the war.  It was brilliant...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Props to Revis BUT he got burnt (not deep, but burnt none the less) on the one play that mattered. I'll take the TD and the win, thank you.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Revis held his own again:
    [QUOTE]I hope Brady and Moss give the kid his due, he did a great job on Moss.  They wanted to burn him so badly they even took a shot at him in absolute garbage time.
    Posted by thor7[/QUOTE]
    Revis did well, but it's an 11 man game on both sides. I'm sure Revis will give himself a pat on the back even though the Jets got Throttled. He doesn't need me to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from atz640. Show atz640's posts

The road to the super bowl isn't a receiver / corner battle.  So Revis "held his own" with a little help from his friends, so what?

All the lollipop kids try to cover Moss while Welker is streaking down the seam, Moss & Brady connect on a beautiful redzone TD that is nothing short of communicative genius, and Moss wisely interferes to avoid a costly turnover and the Pats come out on top.  That game was awesome

I'm pretty sure all the players feel the same way Faulk did about his good rushing effort last week in which he said (paraphrase), "I'd trade it all for the W."

Moss doesn't care if he has a hundred yard day.  He wants the ring.

Good job to the D today too.  Yet again they hold an offense down and prevent points.  I'm pretty sure that if you subtract the defensive touchdowns against the Patriots (which feels like a lot this year) that the defense is quitely holding offenses to less than 17 PPG.

This week they got the W.  The W is what matters; not the personal numbers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Revis is a very good cornerback, he answered the bell.  He may have had help in some cases but every time he was locked with Moss he got the better of the exchange with the exception of Moss' touchdown, which was almost impossible to defend against. 

Give the man credit, he came to play.  But it was clearly pick your poison with Welker and Moss.  Welker had a career day because the Jets took Moss away. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

revis is a stud. he is a complete corner back, no matter how you look at it. jets and mangina was correct when they traded 2 picks in the draft to move up to get this guy early in round 1 in 2007. i wish we had a corner as good as he is. we use to have someone like that; i think he wore #24!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Big deal, I think this idea that shutting down Moss means anything comes straight from thier chest pumping coach. 

I think they would rather lose and hold Moss to under 50 yards than win and give up 150 Yds to Moss.  Which is probably why they spent all day chasing Moss around while Welker was completely destroying them.  I can see Rex and Revis high fiving each other for such a great game plan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from +Mrboston. Show +Mrboston's posts

It looks like Rex and Revis were more worried about stoping Moss then winning the Game. Rex was patting himself and Revis for stopping Moss. In the mean time welker tore them a new one.