Revis Holding Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Revis Holding Out

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/03/unhappy-with-his-contract-revis-is-skipping-otas/

I posted a story about his discontent with his current contract and some of you said he'll still participate in team activities and play out his contract. Not so fast...

This is going to get fun real fast.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Revis Holding Out

Sweet, Hopefully this will rock the applecart a little.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

a non-issue. They'll posture a bit and then pay him, not for $20 but about $18

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

Learn your facts kids.  He has 3 years and 21 million left on his contract.  This will ruin the Jets, though.  Look what happened to the Jets and Thomas Jones last year.  He skipped OTAs and it ruined him for the year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

No CB, Night Train Lane excepted (maybe) deserves 20m per year. I could see renegotiating Revis' contract to get 10 per year, but 20 is ridiculous. Unless Cromartie continues to s--k and they aren't the best CB tandem in human history.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In Response to Re: Revis Holding Out:
    RipFace, did you even read the first paragraph? Even Revis said 20mil was insane.
    Posted by Sam-Adams
    +...did you read the 3rd paragraph "between 15 and the insane 20" What did I say?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Although I am hoping its a lot less

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

so russ the all knowing...what would you do if he was on your team? Would the man god put the spell on him to make him take 5?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Revis won't be the only Jet looking for the quon! Mangold has openly stated that he wants to get paid also!! By the time these two get paid they will have to cut half the team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i'm glad revis and mangold are grumbling, and i seriously hope that team implodes. but these are OTA's, not mandatory, so revis is not actually holding out. training camp and preseason would be a much bigger deal. but it does indicate that there is a "me-first" attitude among the stars on the jets, which is not surprising and bad for chemistry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Updating a previous item, Darrelle Revis was reportedly "furious" with the Jets' initial contract offer.
    Revis is skipping practices because he was "thoroughly insulted" by an offer that was "pitifully low" compared to his expectations and accomplishments. Revis is believed to be seeking a deal in excess of Nnamdi Asomugha's contract, so the Jets can thank Al Davis for setting the bar ludicrously high. Revis' presence at training camp is now in doubt, and the New York Post's Bart Hubbuch says the situation is "getting ugly fast." Jun. 3 - 2:16 pm et
    Source: Bart Hubbuch on Twitter

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

good job fatboy slim blowin your boy up... hahahaha...so typical...what a bunch of tools...there will be a line to the caishiers window after they all get back from the tat palor with asantes logo...."get paid"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

right now its voluntary...but hes making his point..  "get paid"   thats the first straw in the implosion...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Revis Holding Out : I would tell him to shut his trap, get into camp and we'll revisit your deal when we know what the CBA will be hopefully before March of 2011. We can't be handing out 20 mil per year deals when we don't know what the cap is. Until that time, you are under contract. Then, if he continues on being irrational and selfish, I would tag and then trade him. See how simple this is. And just because I, and others, use logic, don't try to act like I am talking down to you. You can't see straight because you have bought into the mirage set up by Woody Johnson to sell PSLs.
    Posted by russgriswold

This is great. Let Revis sit for as long as he wants. This is kind of like the Bluff playing Poker. Revis has the option of Voiding the remainder of his contract at the end of the year and becoming a free agent. However if he does that the Jets will certainly slap a franchise tag on him for 9.56 Mil at which point he would be skkrewwing himself. So how long does Revis sit? Will he let it go to the point that he actually starts losing game checks?  I doubt it. If the Jets stand their ground Revis will have to humble himself and come back with a bad attitude. He's banking on the fact(Or opinion) that he is god and the most important piece to that team.
    If I'm the Jets I call his bluff because he really doesn't have much for Hole cards.He'll be back whether he likes it or not and the Jets could conceivably just keep Franchising him 'til the cows come home if he voids his deal at the end of 2010.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Revis Holding Out : I would tell him to shut his trap, get into camp and we'll revisit your deal when we know what the CBA will be hopefully before March of 2011. We can't be handing out 20 mil per year deals when we don't know what the cap is. Until that time, you are under contract. Then, if he continues on being irrational and selfish, I would tag and then trade him. See how simple this is. And just because I, and others, use logic, don't try to act like I am talking down to you. You can't see straight because you have bought into the mirage set up by Woody Johnson to sell PSLs.
    Posted by russgriswold

You people embarrass me me with your lack of knowledge.  Revis' last two years were already voided do two early incentives.  The Jets can buy them back at 10 mil/year for 2011 & 2012.  Clearly, that he is under contract for 3 years at 21 mil will factor into any deal they make.  You want to tag someone that is not only under contract his year, but the next two years?  Really?  First, you can't tag someone under contract, second, you are pretty stupid.  By the way, did you suggest trading tagging and trading Wilfork when he skipped the OTAs last year?  Again with the PSLs?  You are obsessed!  Tell us, what might you have done differently for the Jets offseason if you were concerned with winning as opposed to selling PSLs?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

At the end of the day, the Jets can't give him the deal he wants, either now or after the CBA is signed especially if the rumors are true the cap ceiling is going to be lower than it is now. Revis is 3 seasons into a rookie deal and acting like a baby.
    Posted by russgriswold

So, is anyone under contract skipping non mandatory activities 'acting like a baby? Or is this because you can not separate your anti-NY sentiment?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Revis Holding Out : You people embarrass me me with your lack of knowledge.  Revis' last two years were already voided do two early incentives.  The Jets can buy them back at 10 mil/year for 2011 & 2012.  Clearly, that he is under contract for 3 years at 21 mil will factor into any deal they make.  You want to tag someone that is not only under contract his year, but the next two years?  Really?  First, you can't tag someone under contract, second, you are pretty stupid.  By the way, did you suggest trading tagging and trading Wilfork when he skipped the OTAs last year?  Again with the PSLs?  You are obsessed!  Tell us, what might you have done differently for the Jets offseason if you were concerned with winning as opposed to selling PSLs?
    Posted by waldorff

Actually the only thing I had wrong was the fact that the Jets can Buy back(IF they Choose to because they don't have to) the last 2 years of his contract if Revis Voids it. The Contract can't be voided until after the 2010 season so it is in fact still Valid. Also you have the Buy back amounts incorrect. The 2011 Buyback is 5 mil and the 2012 buyback is 15 mil.

You should probably do some fact checking of your own before you start calling people ignorant.
    Here's a link to a story from sporting news.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-06-03/darrelle-revis-contract-dispute-has-many-layers-nuances

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

i'm glad revis and mangold are grumbling, and i seriously hope that team implodes. but these are OTA's, not mandatory, so revis is not actually holding out. training camp and preseason would be a much bigger deal. but it does indicate that there is a "me-first" attitude among the stars on the jets, which is not surprising and bad for chemistry.
    Posted by artielang

I'm with you artie. These guys who want a new contract as soon as they have a good year make me sick. I  suspect that the collection of head cases and malcontents that make up the jests roster  have no sense of responsibility to the team whatsoever, exactly as revis is currently displaying. LT, marshall, holmes and cromartie could all be poster boys for the "me first" NFL player.

The contract he's under now he just signed three years ago. It's full of little twists and turns and "but if" clauses added at his insistence but the bottom line is that it will pay him $5 mil this year and $15 mil in 2012.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-06-03/darrelle-revis-contract-dispute-has-many-layers-nuances

Also, he has the option after this year to walk away from the last two years of the contract and become a free agent. He can't wait one year to become a free agent and go for the $100 mil contract? NO. He wants to have his cake and eat it too. scr ew him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Revis Holding Out : He's constantly showcasing his lack of comprehension skills and trying to claim he knows more than everyone before understanding what anyone's point is. He's insecure. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else here, too.  Hilarious. Funny how Bejsus disappears and this rube shows up.
    Posted by russgriswold

In that sporting news story they also point to anohter clause in his contract to do with the Buyback of his last 2 years and that was a real kicker. If he mises "ANY" mandatory training camp or workout events the Jets have the right to Void the Guaranteed amount of those last 2 years. Revis has pretty much no leverage at all. I don't think the Jets are going to break his nuts but they certainly could if they wanted to.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

He has some leverage here because of what he appears to mean a lot with what they are trying to accomplish. Remember, Tannenrube and Ryan said they wanted to make him the highest paid CB. They are so stupid in NY. So stupid.
    Posted by russgriswold

That's true. That's why I don't think they'll break his nuts.. This is what the Pats have had to deal with so many times in the past. Let's see how the Jets play it out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

There's only one Jets holdout story that can't be beat.  The Jets had exclusive contract rights to him and he turned his back on the Jets and walked away anyways.  Belichick.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Some more food for thought:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/04/revis-holdout-hard-knocks-induced/

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

In Response to Re: Revis Holding Out : Actually the only thing I had wrong was the fact that the Jets can Buy back(IF they Choose to because they don't have to) the last 2 years of his contract if Revis Voids it. The Contract can't be voided until after the 2010 season so it is in fact still Valid. Also you have the Buy back amounts incorrect. The 2011 Buyback is 5 mil and the 2012 buyback is 15 mil. You should probably do some fact checking of your own before you start calling people ignorant. Here's a link to a story from sporting news. http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-06-03/darrelle-revis-contract-dispute-has-many-layers-nuances
    Posted by ewhite1065

Oh, so it's 2 years at 20 mil, not 2 years at 20 mil.  Thanks for that.  That is basically saying the same thing you said earlier which is that he is a FA after this year.  You are right on top of things.  As Russ said, they should just francshise him now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he got too much notoriety last year, and let it go to his head, just like asante samuel did. still the jests will not be a factor this year with him or without him

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

As predicted by many here.   What Revis doesn't get though, is what some fans aren't getting about the Brady issue. These guys will cost a lot and without knowing the CBA parameters, no team is going to unload these kinds of contracts even though they know they need to. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell's comments about a deal definitley being done is due to the fact, many teams are in a holding pattern with these kinds of issues. So, if heRevis is stubborn, he may hold out and it may backfire in terms of him getting his reps in. Personally, I love it. He's good and cocky.
    Posted by russgriswold

Yes, we did Russ. Now it doesnt seem irrelevant as some insisted. Cant wait and see how they implode. Too many egos and too many questionable characters in that lockeroom.