Revis Holding Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Revis Holding Out

In Response to Re: Revis Holding Out:
    Yup. I have to laugh at him claiming to be a Pats fan and then taking offense with the PSL shot.  Very obvious. Why would a Pats fan care about the very apparent debacle that is the PSL failure and subsequent personnel debacle about to ensue in NY? This should be a good thing for Pats fans to see happening. Also, when he asked about what I would do as GM for the Jets, after many discussions where I clearly explained what model to follow (NE's and not someone like the Redskins or Raiders), that sort of gave it away. He pretends the Redskins and Raiders have the way to build a team. lol He's an arrogant NY loser who hears what he wants to hear. By the way, I have seen the name Leon referenced here before but I don't know who that is. Edit: This was in response to EWhite, who seems to  have his post deleted.
    Posted by russgriswold

Yeah, I don't want to get into a back and forth with Leon or anyone like him. It doesn't add anything to my quality of life.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Re: Revis Holding Out : You people embarrass me me with your lack of knowledge.  Revis' last two years were already voided do two early incentives.  The Jets can buy them back at 10 mil/year for 2011 & 2012.  Clearly, that he is under contract for 3 years at 21 mil will factor into any deal they make.  You want to tag someone that is not only under contract his year, but the next two years?  Really?  First, you can't tag someone under contract, second, you are pretty stupid.  By the way, did you suggest trading tagging and trading Wilfork when he skipped the OTAs last year?  Again with the PSLs?  You are obsessed!  Tell us, what might you have done differently for the Jets offseason if you were concerned with winning as opposed to selling PSLs?
    Posted by waldorff

Ok, so if they do buy back 2 yrs of service @ 10mil/per is that gonna solve the situation? Or just infuriate him so more? Yea, thought so. Ryan praised this guy too much and now they gotta pay him. Or risk ruining their season before it starts. We saw it last year with Wilfork here. And you have Mangold as well. So your double screwed LmAo! I just hope they go into the season with this rift being the headliner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from waldorff. Show waldorff's posts

Yup. I have to laugh at him claiming to be a Pats fan and then taking offense with the PSL shot.  Very obvious. Why would a Pats fan care about the very apparent debacle that is the PSL failure and subsequent personnel debacle about to ensue in NY? This should be a good thing for Pats fans to see happening. Also, when he asked about what I would do as GM for the Jets, after many discussions where I clearly explained what model to follow (NE's and not someone like the Redskins or Raiders), that sort of gave it away. He pretends the Redskins and Raiders have the way to build a team. lol He's an arrogant NY loser who hears what he wants to hear. By the way, I have seen the name Leon referenced here before but I don't know who that is. Edit: This was in response to EWhite, who seems to  have his post deleted.
    Posted by russgriswold

I never said that I take offense to the anti PSL obesession.  I just don't understand why you have such an issue with it.  It is wide spread around sports from football to baseball to horse racing.  Why you would even care how another team pays for it's facilities is beyond me or why you think that in June  it's a debacle.  I am about 101 % sure that you have absolutely zero knowledge of any teams revenue streams or for that matter what the finanacial difference is between using PSLs and not.  Unlike the Yankees, I'm impressed that the Jets didn't use taxpayer financing, which I have a big problem with.  Most fans around here don't understand the huge difference, financially, in the NY area.  The money within a 50 mile radius of the Meadowlands is obscene.  Any team would be foolish not to try to tap into such a vast revenue stream, even if it means letting some seat sit empty for a year. A PSL system would never ever work in Foxboro.   
    You have such a limited scope of the world.  you think that unless it's done the BB/Kraft way, there is no way it can work.  Very very narrow and quite sad. Who mentioned the Skins or Raiders? Sorry sonny, you lost me on that one.  You never did answer the Wilfork question.  I suspect that in your very partial world, Wilfork was just taking advantage of whatever leverage he had last year - which incidentally, I agree with.   Players are at a disadvantage these days in the NFL. There is very little that can be done.  However unhelpful it actually is, sitting out the OTAs is one thing that can be done where no money is lost.  Mankins should do that.   In fact, he's plays at a position where he might be well served missing time that costs him money.  Otherwise he may find himslef hurt and incapable of getting the big pay day he deserves.  I doublt very much that Revis' absense from OTAs has any effect at all on anything.  Unlike Mangold, Harris, & Mankins who would only miss percentages of this years salary if they chose to hold out, Revis is on the hook for 3 more years.  Anyone that is not a complete idiot would be able to tell that it is merely posturing and he has every right under the rules to do so. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Re: Revis Holding Out : I don't have anyone. That's the great thing about being a fan. At the end of the day, even when the Pats got completely smoked by the Ravens, 10 minutes later I could give 2 shiits. How much a coach, gm or anyone else praises the guy has nothing to do with it.  It is widely thought that the Jets told Revis they's take care of him (whatever that means in sports).  Does that mean he should be the highest paid?  And if he's got three years left, certainly that needs to be factored in.  Maybe he gets a raise this year and extended a few years at top CB money, say 6 years at 78 million (10/10/10/16/16/16) with some of that in bonus etc.  That's still a lot of coin.  Maybe they can't agree on a contract and Revis has to make a decision to either play 3 years at 21 mil, then possibly get tagged or sit home in the prime of his career and get nothing.  The Jets have clearly derafted very well the last few years and now have to either pay up or not.  As we do pretty regularly, Springs, Baker, AD, worst case scenario for them when times get tough, you cut people.  Seems that it's not real difficult to reload in the NFL if you draft well.  To be perfectly honest, I think that we are going to have a more difficult time with Brady than the Jets will with Revis.  It does not bode well that he is waiting to see what Manning will get.  TB left a lot on the table once while we were in the midst of our run, it's unlikely he'll do it again.
    Posted by waldorff

So, lemme get this correct. You praise a guy as if you have a unhidden romance with the young fellow numerous times in press conferences throughout the season. Then you tell him and whoever else will listen that he's the greatest thing since pants with pockets(LoL you ever see someone with sweatpants with no pockets, not a good look ). But you wanna pay him 5million dollars less than the highest paid corner. Then you say that opinions of GMs or personnel people doesnt mean much. I disagree because those GMs are potential suitors. The highest paid CB Asomugha makes 15mil/per. So, the starting point has to be at 14mil and could only go higher. Your contract proposal, IMO, is flawed because players seem to want to be paid a hefty amount of that money in the 1st three seasons as opposed to backloading it and becoming a salary casuality because of age or declining skills. Lastly, even if Brady is the harder player to sign. He wont p.i.s.s. & moan like Revis is doing now.  He knows this organization values him and its just a matter of when he signs an extension.

Sections
Shortcuts