Revis Officially Holds Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: Revis Officially Holds Out

he's getting paid 20 million gauranteed over the next 2 seasons and he's not satisfied with that??? 20 million!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Maybe he's afraid that he will never have a year as good as last year and he wants to maximize his contract value right now before it goes down or he gets hurt.
    Let's sit back and watch the show. One thing we know for sure is that this can only hurt the Jets and the longer he sits the more it hurts. I hope he doesn't come in out of shape and pull a hamstring or anything.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Good stuff. Any news on Mangold?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

haha they are screwed.

They shouldn't pay him the highest contract of all CBs and yet they have to pay that much to keep him. He is their best player and yet, paying him will kill the team when the salary cap returns.

Get your Money Right Revis!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Excellent..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Revis Officially Holds Out:
    he's getting paid 20 million gauranteed over the next 2 seasons and he's not satisfied with that??? 20 million!!
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

"Revis is to make $1 million in the fourth year of his six-year rookie deal, but he wants to be the league's highest-paid cornerback. Oakland's Nnamdi Asomugha holds that distinction, signing a three-year, $45.3 million extension last offseason."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

3 years left and he is holding out?  As much as I hate the Jets and believe me I do, I hope they let Revis sit out for the next 3 years.  Lets see what his contract will look like after 3 years of Canadian Football under his belt.  The Jets do hold all the cards.  One year left may be it swings to Revis but 3, forget it.  Go rot you di__!.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

So it begins.

I've been laughing as all these dolts pick the jets as the team to beat in the East, if not the entire NFL. What a joke.

There are a team full of knuckleheads, led by a knucklehead coach, and a BAD QB. Everyone loves teams on paper, but guess what ESPN! Games aren't played on paper...they're played inside those flat machines hanging on everyone's walls.

I loathe ESPN. Let me make on thing clear, this fan HATES Tom Jackson.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

The Jets are still a good team, for this year anyway, next season the bottom falls out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

A winter's day
    In a deep and dark December;
    I am alone,
    Gazing from my window to the streets below
    On a freshly fallen silent shroud of snow.
    I am a rock,
    I am an island.

I've built walls,
    A fortress deep and mighty,
    That none may penetrate.
    I have no need of friendship; friendship causes pain.
    It's laughter and it's loving I disdain.
    I am a rock,
    I am an island.

Don't talk of love,
    But I've heard the words before;
    It's sleeping in my memory.
    I won't disturb the slumber of feelings that have died.
    If I never loved I never would have cried.
    I am a rock,
    I am an island.

I have my books
    And my poetry to protect me;
    I am shielded in my armor,
    Hiding in my room, safe within my womb.
    I touch no one and no one touches me.
    I am a rock,
    I am an island.

And a rock feels no pain;
    And an island never cries.

And I'm not reporting to practice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

We still have the most important part of our defense and that is REX!!!  Thanks for your concern and if you think that Revis holding out makes us irrelevent then go ahead and mark us down.  People said the same thing when BIG JENKS went down in week 6.  All we did is go on to lead the league in Defense, by far. Our defense is not a concern so if we have to lose a peice, let it be on that side of the ball.

That being said, it is the first day of camp and a deal will most likely get done.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

geez, if the Jets cave in this will set a bad precedent for every other player to do the same thing.Others, no doubt, will be quick to follow!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Russ, have you seen anything on whether he reported to that team meeting at 5:30p last night? I can't find anything.

Also, didn't they just sign that #1 pick (Kyle Wilson?) at CB?

That pass D would look a little different with Cromartie and a rookie wouldn't it.
     I've said this many times this off season, we can't lose as divisional foes, they don't sign him and we throw at will, they sign him and they're in trouble moving forward with all the players they need to sign next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Right after Rex and Mike T get an extension by ownership and Brick gets the extension Revis finally had enough, although apparently they made him 2 seperate offers. A 1 year deal at over 5 million with the promise to negotiate long term after the new CBA, and also a multi year deal. Both were rejected leading to the question...Is Revis an idiot? He has 3 years left on his contract. The Jets have Cromartie and one of the highest rated corners in the draft. What if the defense lives up to the hype and Wilson performs. Wouldn't Revis lose ground if the Jets can win without him. 3 years is a long time. He should take 5 million this year( 5x what he was supposed to make) and have major options for next year. Low character guy if you ask me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wow, speaking of "the devil" Colin Cowherd is DESTROYING Revis on this mornings show. He is talking about the fact that Revis is only a "Cornerback" The Jets went 9-7 WITH Revis on the squad. His point is that if you have a good cb on one side of the field then the offense simply throws to the other side, meaning he is not by any means the most important player in any game.

He goes on to say just because the Raiders paid their guy 45 mil does not mean the Jets have to be "equally as stupid" HA.

The Jets have made Revis Three offers and Revis had a front loaded contract where he made much more money then he would have normally. Last year he was the 4rth highest paid Cb in the league. Now he has rejected 3 offers by the team?

I love it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Wow, speaking of "the devil" Colin Cowherd is DESTROYING Revis on this mornings show. He is talking about the fact that Revis is only a "Cornerback" The Jets went 9-7 WITH Revis on the squad. His point is that if you have a good cb on one side of the field then the offense simply throws to the other side, meaning he is not by any means the most important player in any game. He goes on to say just because the Raiders paid their guy 45 mil does not mean the Jets have to be "equally as stupid" HA. The Jets have made Revis Three offers and Revis had a front loaded contract where he made much more money then he would have normally. Last year he was the 4rth highest paid Cb in the league . Now he has rejected 3 offers by the team? I love it.
    Posted by TrueChamp

TC, he's rejecting them because he knows he can never reproduce what he did last year. He want's everyone to think this is what you can expect every year and it'll never happen. Like the rest of that D he has weknesses and with a year of studying what they're doing neither will be as productive this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Manning colts best player wants new deal ....reported to camp
    Brady Pats best player wants new deal...reported to camp
    Revis jets best player wants new deal ...holding out of camp

one of many reasons why its 41 years and counting for the jest

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

@ KILLER: Meh, he is a 2nd year head coach, I will give you that but he is the mastermind of our defense.  If I had to choose between him or any player I would choose him just like you would choose the hooded sweatshirt(he still has that right? I saw the guy out in Denver rocking one but I think his had sleeves).  You talk about the hooded sweatshirt in your post above and you mention his 2 SBs as def coordinator as a giant as well as his 4 superbowl appearences.  I think Rex won 1 with the ravens and Rex's defenses are suffocating and violent.  I will let Schottie jr. run the offense and it should be a step above last year.  With a year of xp for our QB and some more weapons in the passing game I look to a better year of production and I like what I saw out of our QB the second half of last year and in the playoffs.

Now, you will probably look at this post like you did the last post I had and say that I am comparing the Sanchize to Brady.  I am not, but somehow you think that I was comparing BB to Rex when I wasnt.  As far as talking to you when we win a championship, it may be sooner than you think or maybe later than I think but I am looking forward to this year regardless.  Here is to the Jets putting a beating on your offense!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

@ KILLER: Meh, he is a 2nd year head coach, I will give you that but he is the mastermind of our defense.  If I had to choose between him or any player I would choose him just like you would choose the hooded sweatshirt(he still has that right? I saw the guy out in Denver rocking one but I think his had sleeves).  You talk about the hooded sweatshirt in your post above and you mention his 2 SBs as def coordinator as a giant as well as his 4 superbowl appearences.  I think Rex won 1 with the ravens and Rex's defenses are suffocating and violent.  I will let Schottie jr. run the offense and it should be a step above last year.  With a year of xp for our QB and some more weapons in the passing game I look to a better year of production and I like what I saw out of our QB the second half of last year and in the playoffs. Now, you will probably look at this post like you did the last post I had and say that I am comparing the Sanchize to Brady.  I am not, but somehow you think that I was comparing BB to Rex when I wasnt.  As far as talking to you when we win a championship, it may be sooner than you think or maybe later than I think but I am looking forward to this year regardless.  Here is to the Jets putting a beating on your offense!!!
    Posted by whodeawhodat

Reported (NewYork Media) that Revis turned down a 100 million 5 year deal. Of course we don't know how it was structured but you have got to be kidding if you think this CB is worth more then that...or even that much I should say.

Revis is apparently a Nitwit. With such a strong coaching leader like Rex Ryan and high character locker room influences such as LT, Cromartie, Santonio Holmes, and the great Bart Scott.... I wonder where he gets that from??? Have fun with Hard Knocks my man.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Revis Officially Holds Out:
    As predicted, Revis will now hold out. PSL sales are important with how they try to hammer out a deal. Also, this should be very interesting which big name player or players they were counting on to contribute that they will not be able to afford. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/08/jets-darrelle-revis-doesnt-report-for-conditioning-test-but-not-considered-a-holdout-yet/1
    Posted by russgriswold

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Pay him. He's the best shut down corner in the league. Tom Brady: Pay him. He's the best QB in the league along with Manning. Pay him to.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

1 I dont think that Revis recieved a 20MM a year offer.
    2 I will enjoy Hard Knocks, it is something that the hooded sweatshirt will never allow.
    3 Rex came in last year and said he was not promissing wins and losses just that his team was coming to beat up the other team.  To be "Violent".  He did that, I like him.
    4 He doesnt have control over football decisions as the hooded sweatshirt does.  Shoot, he doesnt even micromanage the offense the way he does the defense.  He gives the direction that we wanted to be a ground and pound team last year and voila, we have the #1 ranked rushing team last year. Imagine if we would have had some speed or cutting ability last year instead of Jones' 3 yards and a cloud of dust.
    5  Bring up us being a 500 team all you like.  I apologize for making the playoffs to noone.  We won 2 more games in the playoffs than you did and we were one of the last 4 teams standing.  Not bad for a 1st year head coach and 1st year QB.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

1 I dont think that Revis recieved a 20MM a year offer. 2 I will enjoy Hard Knocks, it is something that the hooded sweatshirt will never allow. 3 Rex came in last year and said he was not promissing wins and losses just that his team was coming to beat up the other team.  To be "Violent".  He did that, I like him. 4 He doesnt have control over football decisions as the hooded sweatshirt does.  Shoot, he doesnt even micromanage the offense the way he does the defense.  He gives the direction that we wanted to be a ground and pound team last year and voila, we have the #1 ranked rushing team last year. Imagine if we would have had some speed or cutting ability last year instead of Jones' 3 yards and a cloud of dust. 5  Bring up us being a 500 team all you like.  I apologize for making the playoffs to noone.  We won 2 more games in the playoffs than you did and we were one of the last 4 teams standing.  Not bad for a 1st year head coach and 1st year QB.
    Posted by whodeawhodat

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5430950

I won't give you trouble about your playoff run. Jets ran into a team with no backbone and earned a spot. I am just saying that it is unfortunate to have a player who is this selfish and egotistical. Especially with the Nation tuning in next Sunday.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

we were 9-7 rusty.  you guys dont give the jets credit for the last 2 wins...If you look at how many of the 20 interceptions were in the beginning of the year as compared to the later part of the year, he looked pretty darn good.  Thank you for finally realizing that the jets had the #1 defense last year.  We were so far ahead in most categories that you cannot argue the fact that most statistics lie.  He moved to cortland to for the team to bond.  kind of like going camping except that there will be lots of cameras and mics around.  Its day 1 of the revis holdout.  lets not trade him or have him out of football all season just yet.  He is a CB so there will be no chemistry issue or timing issue with him getting on the same page with everyone else.  He simply waits and sees which side of the field that Moss lines up on and goes over there and stops him from catching footballs : )

Sections
Shortcuts