Revis on WELKER ISLAND

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

Revis on WELKER ISLAND

Anyone pay attention to that matchup? Revis penalties were soo bad that the refs just had to call a couple.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Re: Revis on WELKER ISLAND

They still let him get away with too much holding. He basically held Wes the entire game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Most CBs would be flagged 5 times a game if their name was not Revis,(aka the special one).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

He's still a great corner, and Welker is not even close to being worthy of being covered by Revis.  Revis covered him simply because we don't have a great #1
    guy like a Fitzgerald or some other deep threat who can also bring it in for the TD from any place on the field.

I love Welker, but he is a possession WR, not a game breaking deep threat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Then they should have put him on Gronk....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Revis could not cover Gronk. It's a matter of size advantage there. By the way, Welker is plenty "worthy" to be covered by Revis.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

My comment was in response to the ignorance vomited up by quasi

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

In Response to Re: Revis on WELKER ISLAND:
    He's still a great corner, and Welker is not even close to being worthy of being covered by Revis.  Revis covered him simply because we don't have a great #1 guy like a Fitzgerald or some other deep threat who can also bring it in for the TD from any place on the field. I love Welker, but he is a possession WR, not a game breaking deep threat.
    Posted by quasi

Welker not close to being worthy to be covered by Revis? Hahahaaaa. So explain why Revis covers him then. Put any other Jets corner on Welker and the And the Jets are toast. I dont know what you see on your screen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Revis on WELKER ISLAND:
    They still let him get away with too much holding. He basically held Wes the entire game.
    Posted by FLY2K

This is essentially true, but I had to laugh when NBC showd its montage of Revis "blanketing" Welker throughout the first half comprised entirely of shots of Revis with his hands all over Welker, clutching and grabbing in his inimitable style. I'm not taking anything away from Revis, much like LeBron James, if the officials are going to give you six steps on your way to the basket, I say take them.

But still . . .  it was pretty funny to listen to Collinsworth having the kind of org*sm he generally reserves only for Peyton Manning over a bunch of holding that wasn't called.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

he can stay on his island. take one guy out of the game and we still have 4 others. how long do teams think "ok we shut down welker and we will win." will last?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

There was a huge amount of holding by the Jets' O-line in that game altogether that wasn't called.  It got ridiculous after awhile.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Frankly Quasi, I never took you for a YETS troll before but lo and behold you have revealed yourself to me.  Revis was exposed last night on more than one occasion. Exposed as a holding cheater. The guy does it on almost every play.  Revis did try to cover Gronk at least once.  It didn't work out for Revis. 

YETS coverage was figured out and adjusted to by the PATS in the second half.  Classic football.  Revis is part of that coverage and defense and frankly, to quote Bart Scott, they YETS defense could not stop a nose bleed last evening.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

Welker did about as good as anybody against Revis, 6-46.  Welker is now on pace for 128-1,788 and 11 TD.  Gronkowski is on pace for 92-1,260-14 if anyone is interested.

Brady is on pace for 423/640, 5,390, 41 TD 18 INT.

Welker has fallen off pace to break the record of 143 catches set by Marvin Harrison in 2002 and receiving yards of 1,848 set by Jerry Rice in 1995 but the soft part of our schedule starts now. 

Sections
Shortcuts