Revis or bust 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Revis or bust 2014

Revis island baby.

gotta be coming here or....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

Re: Revis or bust 2014

Agreed. I think Talib's departure guarantees the Pats push hard for Revis.

If not, DRC would be an ok consolation...but he is no Talib (when healthy).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 7m
    And now with CB Aqib Talib a Bronco, Patriots figure to make a real push for Darrelle Revis.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Like we have a choice now? With all the best corners off the market, we are going to now have to pay for revis and pay big. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I'm hoping we do. Otherwise we're going to take a big step back without someone to replace Talib.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Does anyone think the Pats are willing to pay him $16 million a year, which is what his current deal pays?

I think it's more likely that we go into the season with Ryan, Dennard, and Arrington as the top corners and maybe some rookies or less free agents as back ups. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 4m

Everything I've heard is that Revis would love to be a Patriot, above any other option. Still ample time for that to happen

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Does anyone think the Pats are willing to pay him $16 million a year, which is what his current deal pays?

[/QUOTE]

No, but he'll get what Talib got from someone. I'd sign DRC and spend the savings on the DL. Ware, Hatcher, like that. DBs aren't worth that money, especially if you don't pressure the QB. Build your defense from the DL back, not the other way around. Spend the money accordingly.

Talib was a good cover guy but a mediocre tackler, DRC is just as good.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Like we have a choice now? With all the best corners off the market, we are going to now have to pay for revis and pay big. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course we have a choice.    WHat a stupid question.

[/QUOTE]

Which is what? Play the overpaid Arrington outside? Or maybe grab the deaf, dumb and blind off the scrap heap? 

You are telling me you feel good rolling into the season with Ryan and Dennard starting and Arrington in the slot?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, but he'll get what Talib got from someone. I'd sign DRC and spend the savings on the DL. Ware, Hatcher, like that. DBs aren't worth that money, especially if you don't pressure the QB. Build your defense from the DL back, not the other way around. Spend the money accordingly.

Talib was a good cover guy but a mediocre tackler, DRC is just as good.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with this. I hope bb does as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Everything I've heard is that Revis would love to be a Patriot, above any other option. Still ample time for that to happen

[/QUOTE]

He also said he would love to return to the jests. I think his love is conditional...how much are you going to pay me and I love you long time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Darelle Revis "would love to be a Patriot."

The New York Daily News reported earlier in the day that Revis would "love" to be a Jet. Revis wants to get paid, and he wants to be able to pick his own team. Look for Revis to be released by the Bucs on Wednesday and quite possibly sign with the highest bidder. The Raiders have already dropped out of the running. After losing Aqib Talib, look for the Pats to pursue Revis hard. Related:  Patriots   Source:  Jason La Canfora on Twitter Mar 11 - 11:46 PM

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He also said he would love to return to the jests. I think his love is conditional...how much are you going to pay me and I love you long time.

[/QUOTE]

Yep. He's a true mercenary. Which is fine, by the way. I'd just go in a different direction. Certainly not paying panic prices. Jets might, they have the cap space and haven't spend much yet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which is what? Play the overpaid Arrington outside? Or maybe grab the deaf, dumb and blind off the scrap heap? 

You are telling me you feel good rolling into the season with Ryan and Dennard starting and Arrington in the slot?

[/QUOTE]

I'd feel ok with it, but Ryan is not Talib as an elite CB, no. If they went the pass rusher route or signed DRC, I'd be ok with that.

To expect BB to get in some insane bidding war with what Denver just ponied up to Talib's doorstep, you'd have to be a troll or insane as a Pats fan.

57 million bucks?  I mean, please. None of those kinds of numbers were being tossed around.

[/QUOTE]

Just like you were out of touch with the rising cap, you are just as ignorant to what the best FA at their position get each year.  Figures... you are an idiot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

So disappointed in the pats, damn. Just wasting Brady's final years. They better get revis. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to Bustify's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agreed. I think Talib's departure guarantees the Pats push hard for Revis.

If not, DRC would be an ok consolation...but he is no Talib (when healthy).

[/QUOTE]

Talib signs for almost 10 mil a year.  Is the plan that Revis will take less per year?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd feel ok with it, but Ryan is not Talib as an elite CB, no. If they went the pass rusher route or signed DRC, I'd be ok with that.

To expect BB to get in some insane bidding war with what Denver just ponied up to Talib's doorstep, you'd have to be a troll or insane as a Pats fan.

57 million bucks?  I mean, please. None of those kinds of numbers were being tossed around.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sign a guy that was considering retirement the week of the Super Bowl. 

Per DRC... He said his goal was to play five years in the NFL. He's played six, and that might be enough for him.

A one-year deal with the Broncos was his decision, because he wasn't sure how much longer he wanted to keep playing and that he'd been pondering retirement for "quite a while."Rodgers-Cromartie has been doing that more lately, saying he was thinking about going into a role as a high school guidance counselor.

No wonder Denver let him walk, the guys heart isn't in it anymore, don't want a player like that on the Patriots.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

DRC was getting burnt all over the field in the SB against Seattle.  Yeah, he'd be great....

Next Rutgers Bust Man Up!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

No BB will have to chase and beg revis like a little girl.. Revis has all the leverage. JOHN Elway is out of his mind on the Talib contract. No way I would give him that. But this is what happens when your not aggressive of what you want early on. Wilfork cap hit on. Man kinds won't restructure on. Edelman not signed on oh wait he's not good i hear. On and on. On a side note Mike Reiss doesn't know his arsh from elbow. Enough mike with your cap analogy clearly your adding wrong on your calculator.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Darelle Revis "would love to be a Patriot."

The New York Daily News reported earlier in the day that Revis would "love" to be a Jet. Revis wants to get paid, and he wants to be able to pick his own team. Look for Revis to be released by the Bucs on Wednesday and quite possibly sign with the highest bidder. The Raiders have already dropped out of the running. After losing Aqib Talib, look for the Pats to pursue Revis hard. Related:  Patriots   Source:  Jason La Canfora on Twitter Mar 11 - 11:46 PM[/QUOTE]

Revis would love to be on any team that pays him his current contract. Do we really believe BB is that stupid to pay Revis 16 mil per??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Revis island baby.

gotta be coming here or....

[/QUOTE]

Or.....our pass defense will be in shambles again.  We need someone in the secondary who is as good, if not better, than the departing Talib.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The Patriots are not going after Revis.  Not going to happen.

I wish the would add a DL that could pressure a QB but it doesn't look lik ethey have any interest there either. 

The bottom line is - Mr. Kraft doesn't have to do anything for a few more years; as long as Brady is around they can pretend they are all in

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora   7h

Patriots in a strong position to land Revis now, especially after Talib's deal. Revis wants to be there. Will only take a 5th round pick

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora   7h

Patriots in a strong position to land Revis now, especially after Talib's deal. Revis wants to be there. Will only take a 5th round pick

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:
    [QUOTE]Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora   7h

[/QUOTE]

Pats don't have a 5th rounder. I just don't see them taking on that salary without a restructure already agreed to.