Revis situation could benefit the Pats!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

Re: Revis situation could benefit the Pats!

FatRex, here, is no different from the majority of other Jests fans. They've won the official off-season Super Bowl trophy more than any other team in history. Oh wait ... wait a second ... oh, I'm sorry. I've just been told that there is no trophy for that. My bad. I must be delusional. Oh wait ... wait a second ... oh, I'm sorry, I've just been told that it's the Jests fans that are delusional.

I posted earlier the Jests have many, many questions and for them to meet the expectations resulting from their big-mouth coach ALL those questions are going to have to be answered favorably. Aint gonna happen! Sanchez has a long way to go before he proves to be even an adequate NFL QB. I think they'll win more than they lose although the potential exists for them to start off poorly and go downhill from there. With or without Revis our offense will score on them. We'll beat them twice if our defense matures and can perform as we hope they can.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

Revis is overrated... The Moron Jets and their fans have made him overrated and now he wants a fat contract... This keeps getting better. Hopefully they give him his fat contract and he will start getting burned... watch... lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

In Response to Re: Revis situation could benefit the Pats!:
    In Response to Re: Revis situation could benefit the Pats! : Blah blah blah, more talk about the "off season superbowl".  Just because the Jets, after making it to the AFC championship game, leading the NFL in rushing and defense, looked at their team honestly, realized they had some flaws, and somehow with the very restrictive final 8 rules, improved on some issues they had, wide receiver, pass rush, defensive backfield depth, an aging offensive line, and backs who can catch the ball, got tremendous value in trades, and have protected themselves from long term commitments in unknown financial times, that is no reason to berate them.  Clearly, the Jets want to win now.  No reason to fault them for that.  They have drafted well, signed good free agents and have a number of good coaches.  
    Posted by PhatRex

This guy knows the Jets and he is a lot nicer than me.  Great points about improving the team even under the final 8 rules.  I think I would be bitter if I were a Patsy fan considering they have not done much in the offseason and to tell you the truth, I dont see them doing much during this season.  The patsies may just be irrelevent this year for the first time in a while. The only thing that is of superbowl quality is the hooded one and Brady.  They need to get Brady signed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

by your post I am guessing that all of your draft picks are going to the probowl?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Russ - How would you know that the new CBA will be a problem for the Jets? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Russ - You can't know what the new CBA will be.  It doesn't exist.  Suggesting that the Jets or any other team will "have a major problem" under it is pure speculation. 

I'll give you this, you rarely make a valid statement, but you can hypothesize with the best of them, and no one is better than you at writing those as if they were fact. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Russ - You can make all of the deductions you want and write them as if they were facts, but when you get called on it provide only I don't know for sure's and if's to support them then what's the purpose? 

Its like saying I can fly to the moon with just my arms.   

Your deduction is that the jets will be in trouble if they sign Revis for what he wants, if they re-up Sanchez (I guess), but I don't understand why the would right now, if the CBA tightens the cap while not taking into account prior contracts done before the new CBA.  You know what - that is a very good point Russ.  eye roll.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Whether Revis gets his big contract or not it would benefit the Pats.  The best case scenario for the Jets was that he played and practiced with the Jets under his current contract. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Point taken, i am not a moron and there is no need for that. You make a valid point he is most likely holding out because he shut everyone down last year. But come on man Ryan pumping him up the way he did might have played a small part in it. But you are right even if it was a small part of it, its not enough to blame him 100% so I take that back. And I have to say no, I dont sweat the Ravens, I dont sweat anyone. Teams have bad days and that playoff game was the worst I have ever seen the Pats play in the playoffs but I am able to move on, if you win the game you move on, if you lose the game you move on. Do you sweat the Dolphins for beating you twice last year? Or the Colts? I doubt it cause you have faith in your team so why do you expect any different from me? The Ravens are a very good team and I like them from top to bottom and if they beat us next year I will give them my respect but I do not sweat them, I dont not sweat the Jets and i definitely dont sweat individual players like Revis. Football is a team sport thats why i love it, thats why i coach cause its a team sport so i dont sweat one guy over the other cause this is not basketball one guy does not win a football game so with or with out Revis im sure the Jets will be tough to beat but i dont sweat them the same way you dont sweat the Pats.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

"One guy does not win a football game". But "we got BB and TB", so you win it with 2 guys. I'm sure the rest of the Pats will be glad to hear it. I coached in H.S. and the only level at which winning it with one guy would be anything but the Pros. You can get away with it at the other levels. From Pop Warner to H.S.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

This is your reply?  lol I'll take that as a backpedal.  I find it funny you think BB hasn't set up a process to build teams here successfully, while you think Tannebaum and Ryan have. Why you think Tannenboob and Ryan have accomplished this is beyond everyone here. Go read any of the Pats books out there about business, economics, relationships, etc, especially Pats Management Secrets Volumes 1 and 2, and you'll see how bad a future the Jets have. Gimmicks and talk to try to disguise holes in the infrastructure has never worked in any industry.  Ever. You realize that without a PSL deal in some of these seats, this means the potential for games to be blacked out, correct? Unless Woody Johnson pulls back from those seats needing to PSLs, which is highly unlikely, he's risking potential black outs for your home games. It should be interesting if he leaks them out to brokers before the games in order to make sure they sell out.
    Posted by russgriswold

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Would that be Ace Tickets the Sox use to proclaim sellouts. Inquisitive minds need to know. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

here is where I stand on this, Dustin Keller is off the charts good. I would bet in a few years he is the best TE in football so that was a great move by the rat Mangini and Mr T. Shaun Greene is dirty good if healthy but that if healthy part is a big if. He was never healthy in college for a full year which most guys can say the same and last year had health issues too. Good pick if he pays off And Sanchez might not be the guy you are looking for this year IMO but I think in the long run he will be a play maker for the Jets. I dont know if he is smart enough to make his reads at the LOS but Big Ben s*cks at that and he has two rings so who knows. With that said I think both franchises have drafted well the last few years, i give credit where credit is due. Whodat saying the Pats will be irrelevant is laughable though. I understand he wants to *piss people off but lets be real here, the Pats went 11-5 with Matt Cassel at the helm and a aging defense. I am pretty sure with a young up and coming D and Tom Brady this team will be just fine. This is a tough div, the Jets are tough and the Phins are tough and the Pats are tough. Be real about it man dont just be a Leon.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Wowser how much of a wager are we talking about here? I would bet that the best TE's in the game over the next 3 years will be:

1. Jermichael Finley
    2. Dallas Clark...still
    2.5 Antonio Gates...still
    3. Brent Celek
    4. Zack Miller...Jason Campbell security blanket

Not sure where Keller fits in maybe top 10, IMO. Why are you so high on him MVP?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ONE-TIME. Show ONE-TIME's posts

Im sorry to go off topic , LOL but Ill just put my 2cents in about Revis. Who is a very good player , but not a great one yet. Again I think hes a very good player , but overrated in terms of all the attention hes getting. The jets did a great job at collapsing the pocket last year , sending many guys from different postions. They played great team D. Im sorry , but you lose points in my book if you think Revis makes that D go. No CB is worth 100 million , are we even having this convo? The guy has had ONE , count 'em LOL or it , ONE very good year. And this isnt some homer talking , yea I live/die Boston sports , but Im not some fanboy loser who slurps anything Boston sports. It blows my mind how some of you are all over this guy. Almost everyone on that jets D had their best season and again they played great team D. The guy is cashing in because of all the slurping everyone has done including his coach , who btw is becoming closer and closer to a cartoon. And to all you know nothings who call him a " shutdown CB " , well you need to get a clue. I LOL when I read the first post of this thread. Something like , "Revis is the only CB that can shutdown Moss" , really? Do you guys just watch sportscenter and call it a day. Heres a FACT for you. Revis was across from 81 77 X's last year. How many times did he cover 81 on true man coverage? 7 TIMES , only 7 times did he play Randy one on one. Thats not my opinion , thats fact! Again this guy had tons of help because of the pressure the jets got up front. Even at 33 Moss would DESTROY any CB that played him just one on one. I was at the first pats/jokes game last year in NJ and saw 81 beat him about 70% of the time. I wanted to get a second opinion so I watched Playbook and NFL matchup , both show you parts of the all 22 tape and I was right. Randy won about 65-70% of the matchups that day. Problem was that 12 was eating dirt all day! He was HIT 21 times , Im sorry , but no WR is having a good day when their QB is hit 21 times , and obviously thats not including pressure. In the second game the jokes wanted to double 81 , so 12 hit 83 up for 192. And btw Randy did have a bad back and seperated shoudler .. lets not forget. Listen Im not trying to discredit what this guy did , but he doesnt played WR's one on one , sorry but he doesnt. You want to watch someone who does , then watch Nnamdi , who plays in a 1970's style Raiders D , whos forced to play true man. Lets see how he plays when everyone on the jets doesnt have career years. And lets see him do this year after year , then you can call him a great player.

Sections
Shortcuts