Revis taking plays off!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Revis taking plays off!

The Revis mystique is gone.  He is a slouch himself.  After McCourty made the int in the 3rd qtr the Pats were on the 5 yard line up 31-3.  First play of the drive with 3:50 left in the third qtr, Brady throws a quick pass to Hernandez accross the middle.  The Jets Lowery is chasing him down and Hernandez runs right in front of Revis and Revis doesn't even try for the tackle, just kind of stands there and lets Lowery and Smith make the tackle right infront of him.  No effort on his part at all to reach out and try and slow Hernandez down or help on making the tackle..

Revis gave up.  Noticed this on a few plays with him and several Jets players.  The Patriots stole their souls on Monday night.  The Jets will never be the same against the Pats, at least this year, if they should happen to play the Patriots again.  They were totally  beatdown,  and after watching the game again you can just tell by the 3rd qtr the Jets players were totally demoralized.  You don't come back feeling tough any time soon after a beating like that.  Sure, maybe they can rebound against the Dolphins but not against the Patriots anytime soon.

I will never look in awe at Revis again, not after what I seen him do in this game.  LOL at Revis ever talking smack again to receivers about quiting. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Revis taking plays off!

In Response to Re: Revis taking plays off!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Revis taking plays off! : Fun post, BMF, I saw some of that, too. I would say, however, that even Brady has a bad game from time to time, and when you're having your lunch handed to you 31-3, it can be pretty frustrating for any player. Revis is still a great CB, but even the best CB has limited impact if the rest of your team is getting smoked. All week we had to listen to all the media outlets state that the Jets were better at every position except QB and HC. What a difference there is between players "on paper" and players on the field!
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]
    Yes, bad game he did have.  Well, bad game the entire jets team had.  However, there is a difference between Brady and Revis having a bad game.  That difference is Brady doesn't come out and disrespect players, talk trash about other players, especially Hall of Fame players. 

Yes, Revis is still a good player, still the best DB in the game but he's proved something in that game, at least to me he did.  I don't see him the same now, I felt like he could talk the talk and walk the walk but not so much anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

We are fond of saying that Revis is the best DB in the NFL...  Is that the conventionmal wisdom?  Seems to me it is, since it seems to just get said all the trime.  He's a BD that's it.  The best?  I don't think so.  Me, I'll take McCourty myself and let the brash trash talking islander stay marooned.  There isn't one single YETS player I'd want on my team, not one.  Once they put on that uniform, they seemd doomed to wander in the shallows unitl they can the hell out of there.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The entire defense took the 4th quarter off especially after the score hit 35.  The offense wasn't even trying to score another TD but the Jets D was barely going through the motions of trying to stop them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

McCourty>Revis in 2010.  McCourty to the Pro Bowl. Revis at home.

Big mistake, too, how Rex didn't have Revis on Branch all night. Cromartie cannot move laterally.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Revis taking plays off!:
    [QUOTE]McCourty />Revis in 2010.  McCourty to the Pro Bowl. Revis at home. Big mistake, too, how Rex didn't have Revis on Branch all night. Cromartie cannot move laterally.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Right, but that now means Cromartie is on Welker, who ate him alive in week 2.  I guess it's pick your poison.  We match up much better with the Jets now without Moss.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

Easy to do when you are losing by 45! Guess all is not well on Revis Island!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In Response to Revis taking plays off!:
    [QUOTE]The Revis mystique is gone.  He is a slouch himself.  After McCourty made the int in the 3rd qtr the Pats were on the 5 yard line up 31-3.  First play of the drive with 3:50 left in the third qtr, Brady throws a quick pass to Hernandez accross the middle.  The Jets Lowery is chasing him down and Hernandez runs right in front of Revis and Revis doesn't even try for the tackle , just kind of stands there and lets Lowery and Smith make the tackle right infront of him.  No effort on his part at all to reach out and try and slow Hernandez down or help on making the tackle.. Revis gave up.  Noticed this on a few plays with him and several Jets players.  The Patriots stole their souls on Monday night.  The Jets will never be the same against the Pats, at least this year, if they should happen to play the Patriots again.  They were totally  beatdown,  and after watching the game again you can just tell by the 3rd qtr the Jets players were totally demoralized.  You don't come back feeling tough any time soon after a beating like that.  Sure, maybe they can rebound against the Dolphins but not against the Patriots anytime soon. I will never look in awe at Revis again, not after what I seen him do in this game.  LOL at Revis ever talking smack again to receivers about quiting. 
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

LOL.  I watched that replay about ten times.  Absolutely priceless.