Revis to Bucs Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Revis to Bucs Trade

In response to Brad34's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

LOL

Does TB have a QB they like?   They aren't going anywhere in that division until that happens, courtesy of Brees and Matt Ryan.

Revis never affected the Pats much in the last 2-3 years here, dude. The guy is still honestly the most overrated player in the last 25 years and there have been many hyped players.   Looking for forward to the Falcons WRs and Saints WRs do a number on him on that astro turf.

I'll wait for the final package but that 1st rder is too much to give up when you're going to need to pay him 15 million per year.  We also have no idea how he'll look coming off the ACL.

Good job by the Jets to fleeece TB, if the package does include a 1st.  They would have otherwise rented Revis for a year for absolutely nothing.  They have to move him. I am not sure who is taking the stupid pills down in TB, but all the power to the Jets to rid themselves of that headache and move on.

No one else is bidding, so poor understanding of the market by TB.

Now, it's a question if NY blows 2 1st rd draft choices in 2013 or not. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOYMQxwSORo

The guy is still honestly the most overrated player in the last 25 years and there have been many hyped players.

give it up...he's only "overrated" because he's a Jet, if he was a Pat he would be God

best pure shut down corner since deon sanders-period.

Ty Law was better

no way...TL was part of a great D and had a lot of help up front...Revis goes one-on-one with the other teams top receivers, not part of any zone or scheme, just straight up like Sanders and basically takes the guy out of the game...just like Sanders the only reason he doesnt have even more INT's is QB's don't throw his way as often as other cb's...as Rex Ryan said my defense for the week never included revis, just tell him you got (receiver) and that job was done

best shut down CB since Deon and if he stays healthy and has a good 3-4 years in TB he walks into Canton on first ballot

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Beyond ridiculous; I suggest you recheck his #s and film. Some say  he was the greatest DB ever. While that may be premature. he's a lock for the HOF if he should return even 90% of what he was.

Those people are dumb.  Sanders was a better DB.  Why?  Because he had the coverage ability and was electric with the ball in his hands.  Guy had 9 INT for TD and 9 return TDs in his career.  He put the fear in offenses because of his ability to take it to the house.  Revis is a great player, but he is overrated if people think he is the best DB ever.

Exactly. It's a NY arrogance.   Also, if Stevie Johnson abuses you with Fitzpatrick throwing the ball, you aren't the best DB ever.

It's a NY thing.  They want so bad to be noticed and keep up with the Giants as the lead dog in NY, they'll throw anything at the wall, hoping it sticks.

Revis then fed off it, used to his advantage, then started holding out, grabbing hammies, getting an attitude and blowing out his ACL.

This guy is a HOF DB and one of the best ever? Really? That's insulting to actual HOF DBs.

It makes me appreciate someone like Law a lot more, too.  Revis isn't even on the Law level yet in terms of impact or consistency/staying on the field, and hasn't shown up in big games, mostly because Revis's salary has made it hard for the Jets to try to complete building their team from 2010-2012, and into 2013.

The Jets fans were warned, but they just wanted to ride this ridiculous premise of "Revis is the best player ever" rhetoric for attention and attention only.

Arrogance? Perhaps. However, you mean like Brady (Not you) widely considered in PATS-land as the no-contest greatest QB ever? Couldn't they at least say he was oneof the greatest and leave it at that? That the PATS are the greatest team in football history, Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Colts, Dolphins, Bears not-withstanding?

BTW, you think the experts think Law  is better? Do you have any links of this ilk? 

What do I need links for?  I go by facts.  Law's progression in the NFL (arguably in a worse situation with the entire coaching staff ripped out from underneath and worseneed just 2 years into his career), is as good or better than Revis's.

Start throwing in the idea, that Law got better and better as his career went, peaking from 1999-2004, and it's beyond arrogant by anyone, including you, to discount that resume and pretend 4 full seasons from Revis and now SB appearances now puts Revis's resume above Law's.

Also, Law changed games. He was a classic gamer. Revis has never really done anything great against elite QBs.

Ever notice that?  He gets a pick 6 against back up QBs like McCown from Jax and it's some kind of a legendary moment for Jets fans. lol

For whatever reason, the media loves to crown one newer or trendy up and coming CB as the bestest. It happened with Bailey, then it happened with Revis.  2 years from now, it will be someone else.

Partly Valid; except, once again, you need to recheck what Revis has done. And Elite QBs wouldn't dare test him. The only time I saw him burned was vs the Pats; with a bad hammy.

Dude, come on. That's the only time you saw Revis beat? Come on. This is what I mean right here.

Stevie Johnson notoriously has Revis's number.  Fact is, Revis looks great when up against an average or bad QB.  Of course those QBs try to avoid him. 

Up UNTIL the Pats play; my mistake. And, as a general rule, ALL QBs try to avoid him.

Somewhat false.  Obviously, when you have an All Pro player like that, you want to know where he is on the field, etc, but it's not true no one throws to the right side during games.

Also, the Jets D was still bad against the run last year and good against the pass, with little to no real change defensively.

The only main difference is that the Jets were trailing in many games last year, mostly due to the god awful Mark Sanchez.

Anyway, he's a top 3 CB in the league. I have no idea why this isn't good enough. Trying to crown players "the best" before they really play out a career is ridiculous.

Agreed

lmao

Then why are you challenging my take on it? 

My mistake; partly agree.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Are Jets looking for the next Ken O'Brien, Johnny Mitchell, or Vernon Gholston with their future picks? Maybe the next Browning Nagle in the 4th round.,

My guess Revis is a good player on mediocre team that pays him franchise QB money. I'm really glad Belichick has never spent this exorbitant a sum on a DB. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they dealt one of these first rounders to try and move into next year's first round to have a better shot at Johnny Football (assuming he comes out). Maybe even pull an Indy and lay down to get the top pick. Not good for Rex's future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Beyond ridiculous; I suggest you recheck his #s and film. Some say  he was the greatest DB ever. While that may be premature. he's a lock for the HOF if he should return even 90% of what he was.

Those people are dumb.  Sanders was a better DB.  Why?  Because he had the coverage ability and was electric with the ball in his hands.  Guy had 9 INT for TD and 9 return TDs in his career.  He put the fear in offenses because of his ability to take it to the house.  Revis is a great player, but he is overrated if people think he is the best DB ever.

Exactly. It's a NY arrogance.   Also, if Stevie Johnson abuses you with Fitzpatrick throwing the ball, you aren't the best DB ever.

It's a NY thing.  They want so bad to be noticed and keep up with the Giants as the lead dog in NY, they'll throw anything at the wall, hoping it sticks.

Revis then fed off it, used to his advantage, then started holding out, grabbing hammies, getting an attitude and blowing out his ACL.

This guy is a HOF DB and one of the best ever? Really? That's insulting to actual HOF DBs.

It makes me appreciate someone like Law a lot more, too.  Revis isn't even on the Law level yet in terms of impact or consistency/staying on the field, and hasn't shown up in big games, mostly because Revis's salary has made it hard for the Jets to try to complete building their team from 2010-2012, and into 2013.

The Jets fans were warned, but they just wanted to ride this ridiculous premise of "Revis is the best player ever" rhetoric for attention and attention only.

Arrogance? Perhaps. However, you mean like Brady (Not you) widely considered in PATS-land as the no-contest greatest QB ever? Couldn't they at least say he was oneof the greatest and leave it at that? That the PATS are the greatest team in football history, Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Colts, Dolphins, Bears not-withstanding?

BTW, you think the experts think Law  is better? Do you have any links of this ilk? 

What do I need links for?  I go by facts.  Law's progression in the NFL (arguably in a worse situation with the entire coaching staff ripped out from underneath and worseneed just 2 years into his career), is as good or better than Revis's.

Start throwing in the idea, that Law got better and better as his career went, peaking from 1999-2004, and it's beyond arrogant by anyone, including you, to discount that resume and pretend 4 full seasons from Revis and now SB appearances now puts Revis's resume above Law's.

Also, Law changed games. He was a classic gamer. Revis has never really done anything great against elite QBs.

Ever notice that?  He gets a pick 6 against back up QBs like McCown from Jax and it's some kind of a legendary moment for Jets fans. lol

For whatever reason, the media loves to crown one newer or trendy up and coming CB as the bestest. It happened with Bailey, then it happened with Revis.  2 years from now, it will be someone else.

Partly Valid; except, once again, you need to recheck what Revis has done. And Elite QBs wouldn't dare test him. The only time I saw him burned was vs the Pats; with a bad hammy.

Dude, come on. That's the only time you saw Revis beat? Come on. This is what I mean right here.

Stevie Johnson notoriously has Revis's number.  Fact is, Revis looks great when up against an average or bad QB.  Of course those QBs try to avoid him. 

we get it Revis was a Jet and went to the Bucs...if he was a Pat or the Pats acquired himhe would be the greatest who ever lived

amazing how u are sooo over the top u undermine ur own arguements-yeah revis is only great against "average or bad" qbs....and the pats/bellichick are only good b/c they have brady and play in a crap division for the last 10 years plus-see I can do this too

best pure one-on-one shutdown corner since Deon Sanders

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

we get it Revis was a Jet and went to the Bucs...if he was a Pat or the Pats acquired himhe would be the greatest who ever lived

amazing how u are sooo over the top u undermine ur own arguements-yeah revis is only great against "average or bad" qbs....and the pats/bellichick are only good b/c they have brady and play in a crap division for the last 10 years plus-see I can do this too

id make an argument for champ bailey there....but yea revis is pretty damn special. i for one, am glad he is out of the afc east.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Excuse me?  Because I don't annoint players who have only played 4 full seasons in their career and I don't like selfish, primadonnas, this means I undermine my analysis?

I've never said anything more than Revis is one of the elite CBs.  If you think I am going to put Revis above Ty Law, you're out of your mind.

At least wanted to win, was a gamer in big games and actually played elite against the elite QBs and offenses.

Wake me when Revis does this.

Revis is not Patriot material for these above reasons.  I have been very consistent with my analysis. He's a loser. Always has been, always will be. An entitled loser like his uncle, Sean Gilbert.

Remember him? Yeah. He didn't play on good teams or play in big games either, because he cared MORE about how much money he could make vs  making the commitment to win.

No thanks.

I believe Sean Gilbert thought he was a HOFer at one point, too. LOL

1. Maybe, maybe not.

2. He has

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

no way...TL was part of a great D and had a lot of help up front.

You of course realize that the first year that Revis was considered to be the top corner in the NFL (2009) he played on statistically one of the better defenses in the past decade.  Brilliant analysis on your part yet again.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In NY they are saying taht the Jests got fleeced

I don't think you can pay a cb 16m per yr w/ this salary cap

He has had his share if injuries

As a personality - i cannot stand him

glad he isn't coming here

the 2 best all time DB's to me were Deon and Ronnie Lott

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

using the draft value chart Jets got more for an injured Revis than the Vikes did for Harvin.

havent studied it at length, but the Jets could have over $50M in cap available next year

I would assume Idzik flips one of the 2 first rounders for more picks as well

hearing the Chargers want to move up for an OL 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Excuse me?  Because I don't annoint players who have only played 4 full seasons in their career and I don't like selfish, primadonnas, this means I undermine my analysis?

I've never said anything more than Revis is one of the elite CBs.  If you think I am going to put Revis above Ty Law, you're out of your mind.

At least wanted to win, was a gamer in big games and actually played elite against the elite QBs and offenses.

Wake me when Revis does this.

Revis is not Patriot material for these above reasons.  I have been very consistent with my analysis. He's a loser. Always has been, always will be. An entitled loser like his uncle, Sean Gilbert.

Remember him? Yeah. He didn't play on good teams or play in big games either, because he cared MORE about how much money he could make vs  making the commitment to win.

No thanks.

I believe Sean Gilbert thought he was a HOFer at one point, too. LOL

this has nothing to do with anything

i said nothing about revis's attitude, salary or if he is right for the patriots or not

my points are about his athletic ability and achievements on the field nothing more

i never rooted for sanders nor did he play for my team-hell he was a cowboy so he was the enemy-but i have to give him his due

as for nh stevens and others talking about older players (ur opine that revies is not even in the top 10 all time is fall down funny) u are contradicting urself and others are just wrong-if as you say the rules are so tilted against D's today and it is a pass happy league and dbacks can't play D like they did 10 years ago much less in the 70's and 80's then Revis and the greats today are clearly better b/c they are great without being able to play like they could back when...if revis and todays guys could play like they could in previous eras they would be even greater

so sorry NH the old guys ain't in the same league-they had it much easier

btw russ exactly where is this stupid new england whine about "NY arrogance" coming from? I am a Giants fan and have no reason to prop up any Jet

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

using the draft value chart Jets got more for an injured Revis than the Vikes did for Harvin.

havent studied it at length, but the Jets could have over $50M in cap available next year

I would assume Idzik flips one of the 2 first rounders for more picks as well

hearing the Chargers want to move up for an OL 

It's not going to be 50 million, professor.

Also, no legit FA or one that will be overpaid when arriving there, really wants to go there.

After 2013, no one will know who the new coach will be or the QB entering 2014 and beyond.

Sanchez and Rex are done in NY, so whatever cap space they do have is irrelevant. They're in a severe, severe downturn and are 3 years away from even sniffing a wild card.

You're just going to have to accept that as a Jets fan posing as a Pats fan.

time will tell. meanwhile I will be reading all of your Jets posts, while I havent posted about them since 2010 and then again 2 months ago when I won our bet

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Come on rkarp. You posted about the Jets in 2011 even making a thread about how they were going to make a late season push for a playoff spot and how you didn't want to face them in the 1st round. You posted this last season about how the Jets were going to beat us on Thanksgiving. You post more about the Jets than most people here albeit less than Rusty.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

As for the Jets and cap space next year they will probably have a lot. I can see them cutting Sanchez and Holmes which they would probably have done this season if not for the dead money. That being said they will have a lot if holes to fill. Idzik's drafts will be worth keeping an eye on.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

nah your wrong. I comment every now and then on some one's post, but I never start one.

Every now and then I enjoy pointing out Rusty's misinformaton on them.

Jets will cut Sanchez and Cro and will have approx $65M on the books..giving them quite a rebuilding stash

I think I read they get 4 supplemental picks next year as well

Betting score:
    Rusty-1
    RKarp-1

Pummeled score:
    Rusty-0

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sources--jets-have-agreement-in-principle-to-trade-darrelle-revis-to-bucs-150815922.html

This is not good news for the Patriots...wouldn't say bad news, but it's not good. Revis wouldn't have made much of a difference for the Jets fortunes. Revis or no Revis, Jets still stink.

Tampa Bay will now be a tougher out during the reg season.

More importantly, Jets got something in return for a player likely to be gone after this season anyways. Multiple draft picks is what I'm hearing. I'm assuming at least one is a first.

Good deal by the Jets. They still won't be competitive this season and probably not the next. But this is a step in the right direction for that franchise. Next move will need to be getting rid of Sanchez for them...Will probably happen next season

Considering the Jets' history in the draft they could get 60 picks from the trade and I wouldn't be concerned.

Sections
Shortcuts