Revis to Bucs Trade

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Revis to Bucs Trade

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

There is some truth to what you say. And like I posted before, if he doesn't come back well from the injury, there's no HOF for him; he's not Gale Sayers.

Ok, well, thank you.  I thought we were done with this over a page ago.  Just leave it alone. The guy's ego got completely out of whack, Ryan fed it, Woody Johnson thought it would sell PSLs, so it continued on.

The guy, at least right now, is nowhere near the HOF CBs and their accomplishments.

+1

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

There is some truth to what you say. And like I posted before, if he doesn't come back well from the injury, there's no HOF for him; he's not Gale Sayers.

Ok, well, thank you.  I thought we were done with this over a page ago.  Just leave it alone. The guy's ego got completely out of whack, Ryan fed it, Woody Johnson thought it would sell PSLs, so it continued on.

The guy, at least right now, is nowhere near the HOF CBs and their accomplishments.

once again when u say "nowhere near" u can't be taken seriously...he is already better than some already in

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Until recently the Jets had a dysfunctional scouting system.  They earned profootballfocus.com's coveted "You just drafted the love child of JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf" award with the selection of Stone-Hips Gholston.  The Sanchize was a pretty spectacular pick too if you like butt fumbles and bizarre plays whenever the opponent brings pressure.  Sadly, life in Jets land will be empty without Mike Genius Tannenbaum running the circus, but somehow I doubt that the Jets have rebuilt their scouting organization in the past three months.  I still have poor things to say about first rounder Kyle Mini-Me Wilson -- no run support for starters.

So with this trade the Jets have two first round picks coming up.  Lately they haven't been terrible at drafting, but we'll see what they do this week.  We might find out that Rex Ryan really wanted to draft Bigfoot last year, but Tannenbaum nixed that decision.

Revis would have played the Pats twice if he had stayed in NYC. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

Only in Queenies world is a CB rated on his opinion rather than say... mmmm... performance. In anyone else's world CBs are rated on a very simple metric.  Opposing QB rating.  This evens out how often QBs throw in their direction.  Generally, QBs avoided Revis because it was pointless to throw his way.  When they did, Revis' career OQBR is better than any other CB with 5+ years in the NFL.  For those iof you morons that don't understand how a rating is determined, it involves completion percentage, yards, TDs & picks.  Moron;s like Queenie like to claim McCOurty was something other than average in his rookie year becaause he had a lot of picks.  In relaity, his OQBR was average.  QBs threw his way often because he was a rookie.  He was able to turn that into a decent number of picks.  Even with that, his OQBR was not great.  Revis's is great, year in and year out.  

I forgot about that; nobody has the OQBR Revis has.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

have to see how he recovers. Sapp is down on him hard.  Called him selfish. I think it's a bad deal for Tampa.  They should have offered a second. Take it or leave it. They , Tampa could have bolstered the line on O or D with the pick they give up.  How much dead money do they eat in NY?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

young Rusty. You just made my point. You dug out a thread from 2011...you do realize it is now 2013, right?

You of course realize that all you said was "you never start threads on the Jets" and that "you haven't posted about them (except for your salary cap arguing with Rusty) since 2010".  Maybe you should think more carefully about what you write before you write it instead of shifting the goalposts when it is definitively proven wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts