Revis to Bucs Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Revis to Bucs Trade

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

and Revis's performance as the top shut down corner did not rise or fall with his D because he did not depend on it-unlike Ty Law

Where is your evidence for this?  You have a habit (amusingly just like Rusty) to just say things as if they are facts.  Seriously where did you get this from?  Is it from the fact that Law had 10 picks and made a pro bowl the year after he left NE on an average at best Jets D?  Is it that he was 1st team all pro in 1998 on another average Pats D.  Learn the game you idiot.

also i do believe darelle revis's OQBR  is the highest for any CB  in his first 5 years in NFL history

ty laws? hmmmm...

if u need the rest of the OQBR  story see the back and forth between rusty and phatrex on p5 or 6 of this thread...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

LOL

Look at the worst troll on any messageboard in history telling me Revis has played full seasons in recent years, and then trying to concoct some kind of betting parameters around it.

How's the standing desk, today, Phatty Rex?

Hmm?

Is it still standing?

Revis abused your franchise, robbed you blind and now you will pay for YEARS to come. LOL!

Oh, Queenie, you're such an idiot.  First, you claim that Revis "hardly" played in 2010. Big lie!  Now you're claiming that he didn't play in EVERY game in 2011?  What a complete idiot you are.   Revis missed three games in his first 5 years.  Where are these "facts" you claim to use?  Are you running away from my little challenge?  Of course you are.  

Who was that in Week 2 who pulled a hammy after being toasted by a fading Moss?  Hmm?

Convenient he grabs his hammy after being beaten for that TD. LOSER

BORN LOSER

Hope you enjoyed being taken for a ride.  You were warned. PSLs, Rex Ryan, Revis, Bart Scott, Tomlinson, etc.

EPIC FAIL deluxe.

No one has a clue why Sanchez or Ryan are still there. It's been a total disaster and the specififc amount of games Revis missed from 2010 or in 2012 is a moot point. 

Worst value of any CB in the NFL.  You should be thrilled that cancer is gone, but you come on here to troll on a Pats board like a raging tool.

Time to get a new Jets jersey, huh, Phatty Rex?

oh, I see.  Because you either lied or you're an idiot (both likely) that means it's now a "moot point"  I'd say there is a pretty good chance you don't know what moot means.  Are you claiming that only super inexpensive players like Gronk are allowed to get hurt?  Oh wait, he missed a lot of time after he signed that huge extension before his rookie contract was even up.  I wonder if he'll ever get back on the field.  A one armed Gronk just wouldn't be the same.  

Remember when you said Revis starting 12 games was hardly playing?  That was awesome.

As far as Revis being gone, I don't care one way or the other. Great players cost big money.   You would prefer not to draft great players so as to not have to pay them at some point.  That's how dumb you are.  The facts are, the Jets had the best CB in the NFL for a few years, they got back his orignal draft value and no longer have to worry about signing him long term at big money to watch him decline near the end.  And I read somewhere that with Revis out all of last year, the Jets had a top pass D... amzing some guy name Kyle Wilson stepped right in and was a top 15 CB in OQBR.  Plan on another top 10 pass D in 2013.  The patsies just watch their high picks like Meriweather & Maroney  walk away and got nothing in return, but gave Mankins a ton of cash out of desperation.   Yeah, I'm ok with the Revis deal.

Are you this much of an idiot?  Do you know what irony means?  A fan of a team who has picked 2 of the biggest busts in the past decade, both being top 6 picks to boot, is here lecturing us about 2 picks that actually contributed to the team.  What a moron.  Here you are clamoring about some "top pass d" when your team is god awful and will be an AFC doormat once again for years to come.  I can't tell if your existence here is pathetic or if it's hilarious.  Do you have no shame?  You're a fan of the biggest joke of a franchise in all of professional sports and yet you're on a fanboard of one of the most successful franchises in all of sports.  The irony is too much.  You're an imbecile.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

LOL

Look at the worst troll on any messageboard in history telling me Revis has played full seasons in recent years, and then trying to concoct some kind of betting parameters around it.

Hmm?

Is it still standing?

Revis abused your franchise, robbed you blind and now you will pay for YEARS to come. LOL!

Oh, Queenie, you're such an idiot.  First, you claim that Revis "hardly" played in 2010. Big lie!  Now you're claiming that he didn't play in EVERY game in 2011?  What a complete idiot you are.   Revis missed three games in his first 5 years.  Where are these "facts" you claim to use?  Are you running away from my little challenge?  Of course you are.  

Who was that in Week 2 who pulled a hammy after being toasted by a fading Moss?  Hmm?

BORN LOSER

Hope you enjoyed being taken for a ride.  You were warned. PSLs, Rex Ryan, Revis, Bart Scott, Tomlinson, etc.

EPIC FAIL deluxe.

No one has a clue why Sanchez or Ryan are still there. It's been a total disaster and the specififc amount of games Revis missed from 2010 or in 2012 is a moot point. 

Worst value of any CB in the NFL.  You should be thrilled that cancer is gone, but you come on here to troll on a Pats board like a raging tool.

oh, I see.  Because you either lied or you're an idiot (both likely) that means it's now a "moot point"  I'd say there is a pretty good chance you don't know what moot means.  Are you claiming that only super inexpensive players like Gronk are allowed to get hurt?  Oh wait, he missed a lot of time after he signed that huge extension before his rookie contract was even up.  I wonder if he'll ever get back on the field.  A one armed Gronk just wouldn't be the same.  

Remember when you said Revis starting 12 games was hardly playing?  That was awesome.

As far as Revis being gone, I don't care one way or the other. Great players cost big money.   You would prefer not to draft great players so as to not have to pay them at some point.  That's how dumb you are.  The facts are, the Jets had the best CB in the NFL for a few years, they got back his orignal draft value and no longer have to worry about signing him long term at big money to watch him decline near the end.  And I read somewhere that with Revis out all of last year, the Jets had a top pass D... amzing some guy name Kyle Wilson stepped right in and was a top 15 CB in OQBR.  Plan on another top 10 pass D in 2013.  The patsies just watch their high picks like Meriweather & Maroney  walk away and got nothing in return, but gave Mankins a ton of cash out of desperation.   Yeah, I'm ok with the Revis deal.

Are you this much of an idiot?  Do you know what irony means?  A fan of a team who has picked 2 of the biggest busts in the past decade, both being top 6 picks to boot, is here lecturing us about 2 picks that actually contributed to the team.  What a moron.  Here you are clamoring about some "top pass d" when your team is god awful and will be an AFC doormat once again for years to come.  I can't tell if your existence here is pathetic or if it's hilarious.  Do you have no shame?  You're a fan of the biggest joke of a franchise in all of professional sports and yet you're on a fanboard of one of the most successful franchises in all of sports.  The irony is too much.  You're an imbecile.

hi whitey!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Can it be argued that it did work for the Jets going to 2 AFcCG's? What if the owner said get us to the SB and dont worry about the future? The Pats retooled on the fly but had Brady. Steelers retooling now but have Ben. Jints turning over the team and have Eli.

If Sanchez had panned out the rebuilding Jets could have looked less bleak. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

and Revis's performance as the top shut down corner did not rise or fall with his D because he did not depend on it-unlike Ty Law

Where is your evidence for this?  You have a habit (amusingly just like Rusty) to just say things as if they are facts.  Seriously where did you get this from?  Is it from the fact that Law had 10 picks and made a pro bowl the year after he left NE on an average at best Jets D?  Is it that he was 1st team all pro in 1998 on another average Pats D.  Learn the game you idiot.

its simple: ty law was great, an all-pro and never said he wasn't- but he was part of a defensive scheme/game plan and revis is not, doesnt have to be-he is outside of that because he simply takes the opposing number one wr one-on-one and takes him out of the game-no zone, no double teams, no help underneath, just him and the top wr. see that's why they call it "revis island"

ever hear of "law island"? the only comparison is sanders because he freelanced

it's that simple-ty law didn't play outside of his D and revis does, like deon-one on one against the opponents top wr and takes him out of the game as good a shutdown corner as anyone since sanders and one the best at it ever

i wasn't saying law wasn't great but that he is not revis and that he did not do for his D what revis is asked to do for his because revis is the best at it

Learn to read troll.  I am not comparing Law to Revis.  I never compared Law to Revis.  I think your classification of Law is ridiculous.  Maybe if you read more carefully what you wrote before posting you would realize how ridiculous you sound.  You are arguing that Law "depended on his defense" to be a top shutdown corner.  I pointed out the fact that Law had 2 of his better seasons on average defenses.  I don't care about Revis.  I don't care that how Rex Ryan used Revis.  The fact that you can't stay on topic is evidence enough that you have no coherent argument.  Law was a great corner and was just as great regardless of the talent around him.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

They never had it right, dummy.  They overpaid all over the roster, traded up for busts (BB actually traded behind you for Mayp and you took Gholston....lol!) and ditched draft picks like Dan Snyder on cocaine.

The Jets were a marginal team at .500 that played with a chip on their shoulder, under the radar in 2010.  We all saw what happened when the lights got too bright, as predicted.  They never built the base correctly or well.   You lost.  You fell for it like most moron Jets fans did wanting the attention, and you lost.

Get over it and leave the board.  You best hope your 5 year rebuilding period goes faster than it will feel.

You took the bait hook, line and sinker and apparently are still in denial about that. Send in your PSL check yet?

lmao

Agree, Jets mortgaged the farm to PEAK for just two years at the level NE is every year.

Not reading the entire 183 posts in t his thread I can say I am in with the 1/2 of you that think the Jets totally owned the Bucs wit  this trade. They made up for multiple Tannenbaum blunders with one stroke..hope this is not going to be typical for them from here on out or the Patswill have a contender in their dvsion in a couple years.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

metlife stadium will be a lonely place come january when both the jets and giants are at home watching the playoffs, AGAIN.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

metlife stadium will be a lonely place come january when both the jets and giants are at home watching the playoffs, AGAIN.

Isn't that a little premature to count the Gaints out? Get over the 2 SBs already.

BTW, you forgot where the 2014 SB is being held. You set yourself up for that one!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

If they HIT on both 1st round picks it's a great trade - if they gain one "decent" player and give up a top 5 CB in the NFL and at 28 it was a bust for the Jets--either way an extra 1st rounder is not gonna get them to the playoffs let alone a Bowl-you still have to REPLACE a great CB!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Isn't that a little premature to count the Gaints out? Get over the 2 SBs already.

BTW, you forgot where the 2014 SB is being held. You set yourself up for that one!

{#emotions_dlg.cool}

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

its simple: ty law was great, an all-pro and never said he wasn't- but he was part of a defensive scheme/game plan and revis is not, doesnt have to be-he is outside of that because he simply takes the opposing number one wr one-on-one and takes him out of the game-no zone, no double teams, no help underneath, just him and the top wr. see that's why they call it "revis island"

it's that simple-ty law didn't play outside of his D and revis does, like deon-one on one against the opponents top wr and takes him out of the game as good a shutdown corner as anyone since sanders and one the best at it ever

i wasn't saying law wasn't great but that he is not revis and that he did not do for his D what revis is asked to do for his because revis is the best at it

Learn to read troll.  I am not comparing Law to Revis.  I never compared Law to Revis.  I think your classification of Law is ridiculous.  Maybe if you read more carefully what you wrote before posting you would realize how ridiculous you sound.  You are arguing that Law "depended on his defense" to be a top shutdown corner.  I pointed out the fact that Law had 2 of his better seasons on average defenses.  I don't care about Revis.  I don't care that how Rex Ryan used Revis.  The fact that you can't stay on topic is evidence enough that you have no coherent argument.  Law was a great corner and was just as great regardless of the talent around him.

fool there is no other "coherent" argument to be made-revis is as unique as sanders and the best since him b/c he is the only one who is free to do what he does regardless of the opponent or defense being played

ty law wasn't

who cares about law's "better" seasons when the d was (statistically) mediocre? law played as part of a defensive scheme/zone so he is dependent on his teammates in a way revis is not and law will have help revis won't-thats all-so i worded it better now? if rise and fall was misspoken then you have the above to clarify

The End

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

we shall see kreskin

boy i wish we played the fins bills and jets 6 times every year

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

LOL

Hmm?

Is it still standing?

BORN LOSER

EPIC FAIL deluxe.

hi whitey!

Why??? Why do you continue to spam this board with your childish one liners???

There are posters here that are inflamatory and insulting but at least when they post there is a semblence of substance to what they write. You... the next post you author with any substance will be your first.

lighten up...i am just saying hi to irish in my own admittedly silly way but its got nothing to do with you

and substance? i have about 10 posts here debating revis and other cb's including ty law and its all football and substance...as usual u ignore the 90% of the time i talk football and add to the discussion and focus on the rest

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

just reread what i wrote...still works for me perry mason

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

we shall see kreskin

Because the Iggles, Skins and Cowgirls have been such formidable opponents over the past few years.  

AFC East > NFC East

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

we shall see kreskin

Because the Iggles, Skins and Cowgirls have been such formidable opponents over the past few years.  

AFC East > NFC East

hahahaha...yeah ok

it was said in jest but in all seriousness the afc easy has sucked forever-take the pats out and what do you have? 3 college teams with a parade of stiffs at qb...hell vck romo and rg3 would start on everyone of those three and would have for years now

come on only a pats fan would think there is any comparison at all

hey i wish as a giants fan i could count on 5 div wins every year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

we shall see kreskin

AFC East > NFC East

Beyond ridiculous. In your childish attempt to claim "My Daddy is better than yours" you've proved you don't know very much about the NFL.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

LOL

Does TB have a QB they like?   They aren't going anywhere in that division until that happens, courtesy of Brees and Matt Ryan.

Revis never affected the Pats much in the last 2-3 years here, dude. The guy is still honestly the most overrated player in the last 25 years and there have been many hyped players.   Looking for forward to the Falcons WRs and Saints WRs do a number on him on that astro turf.

I'll wait for the final package but that 1st rder is too much to give up when you're going to need to pay him 15 million per year.  We also have no idea how he'll look coming off the ACL.

Good job by the Jets to fleeece TB, if the package does include a 1st.  They would have otherwise rented Revis for a year for absolutely nothing.  They have to move him. I am not sure who is taking the stupid pills down in TB, but all the power to the Jets to rid themselves of that headache and move on.

No one else is bidding, so poor understanding of the market by TB.

Now, it's a question if NY blows 2 1st rd draft choices in 2013 or not. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOYMQxwSORo

The guy is still honestly the most overrated player in the last 25 years and there have been many hyped players.

give it up...he's only "overrated" because he's a Jet, if he was a Pat he would be God

best pure shut down corner since deon sanders-period.

No. It's because he played in New York.    Not because he was a Jet.  The Jets have sucked or overrated their players for 40 years and Revis is no different.

Lots of mouth, lost of insecurity. Not saying he isn't an elite CB in the league since 2008, but the guy hasn't shown that level in a few years. He was busy looking for new deals or grabbing hammies while forgetting how to play proper zone coverage.

Get over it.

OVERRATED.

Cannot wait to see him never win a ring. 

best shut down corner since sanders

better than law, wiiliams or bailey

Nope. Sorry.

Law changed games. He also was a winner.  Revis is obviously not a winner.  So did Bailey.  Williams was buried on god awful Cardinals teams.

For you to compare Revis to Deion Sanders explains your lack of knowledge.

Wait until his gimpy leg makes it more obvious he grabs WRs by the jersey on every play. lmao

no disrespect to the others but:

best shut down most over-rated cb since neon deon

Sections
Shortcuts