Revis to Bucs Trade

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Revis to Bucs Trade

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

metlife stadium will be a lonely place come january when both the jets and giants are at home watching the playoffs, AGAIN.

we shall see kreskin

boy i wish we played the fins bills and jets 6 times every year

Because the Iggles, Skins and Cowgirls have been such formidable opponents over the past few years.  

AFC East > NFC East

Beyond ridiculous. In your childish attempt to claim "My Daddy is better than yours" you've proved you don't know very much about the NFL.

Excuse me?  Please elaborate how I "don't know much about the NFL."  Is citing facts now considered childish?  Hmmm, maybe you should stop trying to act like a tough guy and do some research instead of being a pompous azz with no leg to stand on.

Over the past 5 years:

AFC East: 170-150

NFC East: 165-154-1

Anything else, Nancy?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

metlife stadium will be a lonely place come january when both the jets and giants are at home watching the playoffs, AGAIN.

we shall see kreskin

Because the Iggles, Skins and Cowgirls have been such formidable opponents over the past few years.  

AFC East > NFC East

hahahaha...yeah ok

it was said in jest but in all seriousness the afc easy has sucked forever-take the pats out and what do you have? 3 college teams with a parade of stiffs at qb...hell vck romo and rg3 would start on everyone of those three and would have for years now

come on only a pats fan would think there is any comparison at all

hey i wish as a giants fan i could count on 5 div wins every year

Like I cited for NancySteven, over the past 5 years:

I'm sure you'll find a way to spin this so that the AFC East is inferior and the NFC East is some juggernaut division.  Get real jints

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Woodson (Charles or Rod) Eric Davis, Ronnie Lott, Champ etc..plenty of DBs in the past that were alot better and never saw half the money Revis got. Just overated primarily because every team in the league is infatuated with notion of the shutdown corner.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

we shall see kreskin

AFC East > NFC East

Beyond ridiculous. In your childish attempt to claim "My Daddy is better than yours" you've proved you don't know very much about the NFL.

Excuse me?  Please elaborate how I "don't know much about the NFL."  Is citing facts now considered childish?  Hmmm, maybe you should stop trying to act like a tough guy and do some research instead of being a pompous azz with no leg to stand on.

Over the past 5 years:

Anything else, Nancy?

Unless you're cherry picking, you're even dumber than I thought. If you play stronger teams, on the average, your record shall be worse. The actual way to gauge it better, poindexter, is to show records vs common opponents; and let me point out the NFC has been widely considered the stronger conference over the past decade (After all, you think you know football) unless that was too embarrassing to show. Another way is to adjust wins/losses vs strength of opponents via their W/L record on a seasonal basis, but that might be getting too complicated for you.

Recent SB history is a nice illustration, Ravens excepted (Not that PATS fans wanted the Ravens to win). There is, of course, 16-0 vs 10-6 & 12-4 vs 9-7. Does that help any?

And, maybe my name IS Nancy, but I'm guessing you have gender issues, so it's best to not go there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Since the 2001 season which is when the Pats run began they are:

39-9 vs the NFC

10-2 vs the NFC East

8-1 against the Eagles, Redskins and Cowboys

And the AFC is 409-353 against the NFC in the same time period.  

Perhaps the trolls from New York should acquaint themselves with some facts before posting.  Learn the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

we shall see kreskin

AFC East > NFC East

Over the past 5 years:

Anything else, Nancy?

Unless you're cherry picking, you're even dumber than I thought. If you play stronger teams, on the average, your record shall be worse. The actual way to gauge it better, poindexter, is to show records vs common opponents; and let me point out the NFC has been widely considered the stronger conference over the past decade (After all, you think you know football) unless that was too embarrassing to show. Another way is to adjust wins/losses vs strength of opponents via their W/L record on a seasonal basis, but that might be getting too complicated for you.

Recent SB history is a nice illustration, Ravens excepted (Not that PATS fans wanted the Ravens to win). There is, of course, 16-0 vs 10-6 & 12-4 vs 9-7. Does that help any?

And, maybe my name IS Nancy, but I'm guessing you have gender issues, so it's best to not go there.

LOL I find it hilarious how you sit here and try to demean my intelligence by pointing to different metrics yet you don't supply the actual statistics in your argument.  I didn't have time to look up every team's schedule, common opponent, strength of opponent, etc. so I went with the most basic metric.  

You're the tool trolling onto a Patriots fan board clamoring that the AFC East sucks and the NFC East is superior; how about you supply detailed facts that support your claim instead of spewing your biased agenda?  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

39-9 vs the NFC

10-2 vs the NFC East

Perhaps the trolls from New York should acquaint themselves with some facts before posting.  Learn the game.

ZINGGG.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

we shall see kreskin

AFC East > NFC East

hahahaha...yeah ok

it was said in jest but in all seriousness the afc easy has sucked forever-take the pats out and what do you have? 3 college teams with a parade of stiffs at qb...hell vck romo and rg3 would start on everyone of those three and would have for years now

come on only a pats fan would think there is any comparison at all

hey i wish as a giants fan i could count on 5 div wins every year

Like I cited for NancySteven, over the past 5 years:

I'm sure you'll find a way to spin this so that the AFC East is inferior and the NFC East is some juggernaut division.  Get real jints

now remove the pats record genius and tell me what the combined record of the 3 college teams are...yeah thought so

also unlike the afc easy with one superior team and 3 stiffs the nfc east is actually competitive every year because there is no weak sister -much less two or three-so no team can just pencil in 5-6 div wins every year like the pats

and unlike the hard hitting nfc east -toughest physical division in football though the ravens-steelers are a tougher rivalry- victories are a hellluva lot easier to earn in the afc easy which takes little out of the pats and makes their games against other competition easier as well

see thats why a battle-tested 9-7 giants beat a softer 13-3 team in 46

honestly, outside of pats fans i have never heard anyone ever say the afc easy is better than or even equal to the nfc east-it would be laughed at basically it's so ridiculous

nfc is the better conference too

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

39-9 vs the NFC

10-2 vs the NFC East

u realize of course this has virtually nothing at all to do with the matter at hand right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Wow, Jints getting very defensive. This dude is one sad being...i'll never understand his obsession with this board (other than the obvious "LOL 42AND46").

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

we shall see kreskin

AFC East > NFC East

Over the past 5 years:

Anything else, Nancy?

LOL I find it hilarious how you sit here and try to demean my intelligence by pointing to different metrics yet you don't supply the actual statistics in your argument.  I didn't have time to look up every team's schedule, common opponent, strength of opponent, etc. so I went with the most basic metric.  

You're the tool trolling onto a Patriots fan board clamoring that the AFC East sucks and the NFC East is superior; how about you supply detailed facts that support your claim instead of spewing your biased agenda?  

Wrong, I was responding to your post. So who's the troll? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

39-9 vs the NFC

10-2 vs the NFC East

u realize of course this has virtually nothing at all to do with the matter at hand right?

+1; although I should have checked the interconference records; my bad there, yet, I don't recall any expert claiming the Dolphins, Jets, & Bills as a stronger set of teams than the Cowboys, Redskins, & Eagles over the last few seasons. only here would you see such a bizarre claim, and in infantile fashion no less.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

39-9 vs the NFC

10-2 vs the NFC East

+1; although I should have checked the interconference records; my bad there by misspeaking about the conferences; yet, I don't recall any expert claiming the Dolphins, Jets, & Bills as a stronger set of teams than the Cowboys, Redskins, & Eagles over the last few seasons. Only here would you see such a bizarre claim, and in infantile fashion no less.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

we shall see kreskin

AFC East > NFC East

Over the past 5 years:

Anything else, Nancy?

Wrong, I was responding to yourpost. So who's the troll? 

What?  How is that even relevant?  You were responding to me so that makes me a troll?  You're a moron.  You're a Yankees/Giants fan trolling on a BOSTON.com sports fan page.  Maybe you should look up the definition of an internet troll and enlighten yourself.  Then again, you don't like to do your own research; you enjoy making comments with no substance to deflect away from the topic at hand.  Nice trollwork, nancy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The point is that the Patriots have been just as successful (if not more so) against the NFC during their run and they have dominated the teams that the Giants play ever year in their division.  This idea that their W-L record is simply a product of their division or conference is crap.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I don't recall any expert claiming the Dolphins, Jets, & Bills as a stronger set of teams than the Cowboys, Redskins, & Eagles over the last few seasons. Only here would you see such a bizarre claim, and in infantile fashion no less.

The claim is that the Patriots would own those teams as much as they own the Jets, Bills and Dolphins.  The Patriots would have easily won the NFC East had they swapped places with the Giants last year.  Your team missed the playoffs because they played badly, not because of some super hard division.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Another fun stat for the New Yorkers.  The last time the NFC East and AFC East played in 2011 the teams went 8-8 versus each other in the regular season.  If you take out the Patriots and Giants and look at the head to head records of the other teams the AFC East went 5-4 against the NFC East.  Yeah there were some real juggernauts in Dallas, Philly and Washington that year.  LMAO @ U trolls.  God this is just too easy. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Navin Johnson's comment:

What?  How is that even relevant?  You were responding to me so that makes me a troll?  You're a moron.  You're a Yankees/Giants fan trolling on a BOSTON.com sports fan page.  Maybe you should look up the definition of an internet troll and enlighten yourself.  Then again, you don't like to do your own research; you enjoy making comments with no substance to deflect away from the topic at hand.  Nice trollwork, nancy.

If anyone on this site is Rusty its this guy. Same buzz words in just about every post. Don't make it so obvious, cupcake.

What "buzz words" did I just use that are Rusty's?  Enlighten me.  Everybody with half a brain knows that I'm not Rusty.  Good effort, though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

So let's recap.

Since 2001 the Patriots are:

39-9 against the NFC

10-2 against the NFC East

8-1 against the Eagles, Skins and Cowboys

The AFC is 409-353 against the AFC

In 2011 which is the last time the two divisions faced off:

The head to head to head record was 8-8

Excluding the Pats and Giants the AFC East was 5-4 against the NFC East

One more thing.  Last season:

The Jets, Phins and Bills won 13 games outside the division.

The Boys, Skins and Eagles won 13 games outside the division.

The AFC was 31-33 against the NFC (so much for NFC dominance)

I can't wait to hear the spin job from the NY trolls about how great their division is.  Face it trolls.  The NFC East is not some juggernaut.  The Patriots would own your division as much as they own the AFC East.  LMAO @ U.  Learn the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

we shall see kreskin

AFC East > NFC East

Over the past 5 years:

Anything else, Nancy?

Wrong, I was responding to yourpost. So who's the troll? 

Wrong, gender challenged poster. You're the 1st one to mention that the AFC East is better than the NFC East, and I responded to you. Got it?

And you want substance? Via cherry picked stats? A mediocre Redskins team (5-11, but in the NFC East) in 2011 beat the Giants twice. Then the Giants beat the Patriots in the most important game of the season. Using your line of reasoning,  I guess in 2011 the Redskins were better than the Patriots then! Too funny.

Oh, and name calling, via pathological gender pointing or using terms like "moron", says a whole lot about the discussion, and its protagonists.. 

Sections
Shortcuts